The best day I have seen in 2 years......

TooPure4u

DIS Veteran
I had to share what has been the "best" day I have seen in the last 2 years. Hope you dont mind reading.....

My 17 year old son Robert has battled cancer since November 15, 2002. I am a single parent raising him. On 3 separate occassions, I came extremely close to losing him. At times when I felt like giving up hope, he seemed to get stronger. While my world was crumbling, he somehow found the strength to keep me standing.

Today, we celebrate his victory. While he is not considered "cancer free" or
"cured", he did have his LAST i.v. chemo. He will continue on the chemo pills for 1 more month but in my eyes and in my heart, I know that god has shined down on my precious son and gave him back to me.

While eating dinner with a couple people from an organization who has been there for Robert and I.....I received a call from my travel agent who said she had "good news". Disney had just called her and told her that we have received an upgrade from a GTY category 10 to a catagory 7, navigators verandah.

I know in my heart that there has to be an angel somewhere out there that knows of Roberts condition and has come forward to give him what he has asked me for but I couldnt afford.........a verandah.

Dreams do come true. I have always believed that Disney was just that...a place where dreams come true. Thank you to whoever, if anyone or to Disney for the a Magical NEW beginning they are giving my son.

Always, Tracy :cloud9:

That's wonderful!

I hope that this is just the start of a lifetime of "good news." Your son sounds pretty amazing. I think that he takes after his Mom. :D

Awww, bless your heart. That's great news!

Blessings to you and your son. :grouphug:

TooPure4u said:
"cured", he did have his LAST i.v. chemo.

Tracy- Always celebrate life's 'little victories', no matter what the circumstance. No one in any situation knows what tomorrow holds- we must celebrate each day that God gives us. I sure hope and pray that there are bigger victories for you and your son along the way, however, it's great that you aren't 'waiting to be happy'.

Enjoy your trip - you and your son deserve the best!

TooPure4u said:
I had to share what has been the "best" day I have seen in the last 2 years. Hope you dont mind reading.....

My 17 year old son Robert has battled cancer since November 15, 2002. I am a single parent raising him. On 3 separate occassions, I came extremely close to losing him. At times when I felt like giving up hope, he seemed to get stronger. While my world was crumbling, he somehow found the strength to keep me standing.

"cured", he did have his LAST i.v. chemo. He will continue on the chemo pills for 1 more month but in my eyes and in my heart, I know that god has shined down on my precious son and gave him back to me.

While eating dinner with a couple people from an organization who has been there for Robert and I.....I received a call from my travel agent who said she had "good news". Disney had just called her and told her that we have received an upgrade from a GTY category 10 to a catagory 7, navigators verandah.

I know in my heart that there has to be an angel somewhere out there that knows of Roberts condition and has come forward to give him what he has asked me for but I couldnt afford.........a verandah.

Dreams do come true. I have always believed that Disney was just that...a place where dreams come true. Thank you to whoever, if anyone or to Disney for the a Magical NEW beginning they are giving my son.

Always, Tracy :cloud9:

Congratulations on son completing his chemo. That is wonderful. 17 is WAY too young to be battling that disease!

See I told you that's why you didn't get your docs! I am so happy for you! :)

John

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your son. I hope your trip together will be magical. May all your dreams come true.

Mary

What wonderful news to share. :flower1: ...Your post also brought tears to my eyes...I know what it's like to have hope for a cure for your children.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:grouphug:

An awesome story and we'll add you and Robert to our prayers. You will have a Magical time I know. This past September we were bless to cruise with our best friends and their three girls, our God-daughters. The middle girl, who is 11, had just victoriously battling cancer herself and was granted a wish trip on DCL. The joy we had sharing this experience with her was incredible. I know you'll have the same kind of time. All our best and bon voyage.

Thank you for sharing your story!

As others, I also experienced some pretty strong emotions from your posting. Congratulations on your son's last treatment and also on your upgrade. I agree with you, Disney is Magical! Whether you have a guardian angel offering you and your son this upgrade or you have a wonderful donor, enjoy! I hope the "magic" and your "dreams" continue to come true for both you and your son!

Laurie :grouphug:

Tears of joy here, too!

The end of chemo is definitely worthy of celebration. We spent 2 nights at the Grand Californian in Sept, 2003 when my DD, now 11, finished Leukemia chemo, but our 4-day cruise last February was the real celebration. I think you'll have a most memorable cruise, and pray that your dreams continue to be answered.

I got tears in my eyes and hope and pray for nothing more than magical news in the future. Disney is where dreams come true! :flower1:

Have a wonderful cruise! :D

Carol :wave:

Have a wonderful cruise! Wishing you a lifetime of happy, healthy years to share in the future! God bless!

Congratulations! As a cancer survivor I know how important it is to have something head to focus on - sounds like your cruise was it for you and your son. The navigator verandah rooms are our favorite and I hope you will enjoy it as well.

May the cruise be the start of a new, happier and healthier chapter of his life!

Dear Tracy and Robert,
Congratulations on the new ventures - foremost and most important is Robert's great news - prays are with you both that he will continue to grow in good health - you have done an awesome job with your son - I believe that children are our most precious gifts - anyhow congratulations also in the upgrade - it appears that somewhere out there, our D.A.I.D still lingers.
Have lots of fun preparing for the good after the bad.
Love always
Shirley and Norm

Thank you for sharing your story with everyone.

God does miracles every day … sometimes these are accomplished through research, sometimes through doctors, sometimes through firemen, ambulance drivers, etc. Once in a while He uses entities such as Disney!

Keep the faith and He will continue to bless you.

Thank you for sharing your joy with us!

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful day! I hope you both enjoy the cruise!

this surely is a blessing! i hope your son's health continues to improve and that one day soon your son will hear those magical words; "cancer free"

have a fantastic trip! :flower:

Methinks the Almighty wanted to have a better view of you and your son, and didn't want to have to look in on the two of you through a window.

Wishing you nothing but good health and joy for you family.

Congratulations Tracy. Have a great time. I know you will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter