the Best Counter Service Place to EAT in your Opinion?

I would have to agree with other members, Cosmic Ray's @ MK. They have a little bit of everything. There is a lot of seating and depending on what time year you are visiting there is Air Conditioning!

Really fun thread so far!

We really like:

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's ( good variety) Pecos Bills (great fixin's bar and taco salad) Columbia Harbor House (peace and quiet and great sandwiches)

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, hands-down. Best variety and food quality

Hollywood Studios: Backlot Express

Animal Kingdom: Not my favorite for counter service, but if I had to choose, Flame Tree BBQ is good

Best of luck! Hope you have a magical trip!:wizard:

MK-Main St Bakery or Peco's or Friar's nook-the hand made chips with bacon and cheese are awesome and can get churros :goodvibes for dessert

AK- Pizzafari for the italian sandwich and chocolate mousse

DHS-Starring Rolls-great ham sandwich and :worship: Butterfinger cupcake
or Min and Bill's chicken cesar sandwich and you can get a milkshake for dessert

Epcot-too many here- my fav is the French bakery for a :worship: ham and cheese croissant and cream puff. Can't wait for my next trip to try the new CS in Mexico. And of course Sunshine Seasons is good.

DTD-Wolfgang puck express-great pasta and creme brulee

I mostly like the places with good desserts not just the typical Choc cake and strawberry yogurt :thumbsup2

I'm not a fan of CS, but there are a few we like:

1. WGP Express
2. Tangerine Cafe
3. Pepper Market at CSR
4. Boardwalk Bakery

Best CS Meal in WDW: Fried Shrimp Basket at Columbia Harbor House

Other great CS Meals:

Epcot: Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Tangerine Cafe
DHS: None
AK: Flametree BBQ, Yak and Yeti CS

Resort Areas:
Coronado Springs: Pepper Market
Beach Club: Hurricane Hannah's

The two counter service places we never miss are Columbia Harbour House at MK and Earl of Sandwich in DTD. We think they're the best on property!

We really enjoyed the food at Taqueria Del Lago Mexico in EPCOT. I have to say, I was surprised. Guess I just expected it to be run of the mill, but it was good quality. A welcome change from the burgers and chicken strips that are found so many other places. Plus the eating area is right on the water, which was rather relaxing.

Earl of Sandwich!!!
But we are odd balls out, I think, in loving Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Cafe- love those onions on the fixin's bar!!!!! :thumbsup2

MK- Columbia harbor house. It never seems crowded and the food is good

Ak- Flametree BBQ - very good but only outside seating so we sometimes do Resturantasaurs instead.

Epcot- sunshine seasons or Norway

HS- none really but if I had to choose it would be Starring Rolls

This is a great post!

I'm totally gonna try these ideas from Quin

At HS, Starring Rolls. 1 CS meal purchases a fresh, ginormous ham or turkey sandwich plus your choice of a large bag of chips or piece of fresh fruit plus a beverage plus a wide array of desserts (we went twice on our last trip; once for the red velvet cupcake and once for the butterfinger cupcake).

At Epcot your cup runneth over. DH particularly likes fish & chips from England but the dessert is pathetic; they just give you one little packaged shortbread cookie. I like the Patisserie in France on a hot day for a sandwich on a long crusty baguette, and you can choose from any of their pastries from dessert. The CS in Morocco gets very good reviews from Dis-ers who have eaten there. Sunshine Seasons is also good and has some more substantial entrees such as ginger beef. But our overall favorite is Norway. The sandwiches are lightly toasted so that the cheese melts. The ham sandwich with cheese, thin apple slices, and apple butter is tremendous. They also give a great choice of sides which includes a salad, a generous fruit bowl, or one of several soups. And the dessert - again, a choice of any of their pastries such as the big soft pretzel with sweet almond icing.

One tip I learned from Pepper Market. When I was ordering a pizza for my QS main food item, I asked the lady which one was on the QS meal plan, the large or the small. She said "either one". So of course I got the large one! Which of course I couldn't finish, but put in the fridge for another meal or you could share it.

We think that WPE in DTD is THE best in all of WDW!!! Lunch was so good, we went back that night and tried different items for dinner :goodvibes

In AK, we really like Tamu Tamu. They're turkey on foccacia is a nice break from burgers, pizza & BBQ. We overlooked the restaurant for 8 trips, finally tried it last Fall and wished we had tried it sooner. The seating area behind the building is really nice too. The only problem with Tamu Tamu is that they don't have a kids menu. The people in front of us were on the DDP and not allowed to order a meal for their son unless they wanted to use another adult credit.

These are some of my favorites!
Resort: Pepper Market. This has different stations so there is something for everyone.

DTD: WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS one of my favorite places to eat. It is more like a sit down meal than a counter service. The food is brought to you and is very high quality.
Earl of Sandwich is also delicious if you are in the mood for a sandwich.

MK: Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbor House

HS: IMO this is the worst park for food. But snacks on the other hand...YUM! Writers Stop and Starring Rolls

AK: I like Anandapur Local Food Cafe (its the Yak and Yeti counter service)

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons. It also has the different sections of food and has tasty desserts.

MK-Tortuga Tavern and Columbia Harbor House
Epcot-Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Cafe
DTD-Earl of Sandwich
Poly-Capt. Cook's
CSR-Pepper Market
GF-Gasparilla Grill & Games

AK - Yak & Yeti and Flame Tree BBQ

MK - Columbia House

DHS - no faves here

EP - We LOVE Yakitori House. We go all the time!

Downtown Disney: Wolfgang Puck Express

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's

Epcot: Tangierine Cafe

DHS: ???? (I'd go to a nearby hotel.....)

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ

Best Overall: Tangierine Cafe (love me a good Schwarma platter!) :worship:

MK: We never miss Columbia Harbor house

EP: I agree with everyone on Sunshine Seasons, but it was hard to juggle the tray through all of the different stations I DO think it's worth it though

DHS: Backlot express

AK: Flame Tree love the seating and Yak and Yeti YUM!

Keep the Great suggestions coming I'm adding lots to my list! This great :)

We really enjoyed the food at Taqueria Del Lago Mexico in EPCOT. I have to say, I was surprised. Guess I just expected it to be run of the mill, but it was good quality. A welcome change from the burgers and chicken strips that are found so many other places. Plus the eating area is right on the water, which was rather relaxing.

I'm definitely going to add this to my list also! :goodvibes

We LOVED Yak and Yeti!!
We liked Cosmic Rays as well. Great view of the castle while you eat your lunch ;)

I hadnt thought of Starring Rolls... gonna look into this.
I can tell you we didnt care for Pizza Planet at DHS, so this is good news.

Earl of Sandwich is yummy! What a selection of desserts! Just wish the sandwich was bigger LOL!!!

At Epcot we tried the Electric Umbrella and that was okay. And the Yakitori House???? I think that was the name. That was okay. But would never use another CS on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter