The best computer game you've ever played

Domo

Wotcha
For me it's a toss up between Shenmue and Halo: Combat Evolved.

Shenmue was intricate and immersive whilst Halo was like playing a movie!

Medal of Honour - Frontline

An old PS2 favourite that is still capable of whiling away a wet afternoon.

ford family

EverQuest. Nothing will ever quite captivate me the way the original EQ did.

There are a lot of honorable mentions though. Super Mario 3. Zelda Ocarina of Time. Borderlands.

I really enjoyed Links Golf. Really nice swing interface and physics, solid online multi-player and the ability to create golf courses. There was an active online community that built really nice courses for St. Andrews, Augusta National, Pebble Beach, etc.

Sadly, Microsoft bought it and effectively killed it through benign neglect.

My favorite COMPUTER games are basically any adventure game from LucasArts including: Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the Monkey Island series, Loom, Sam & Max Hit the Road, etc. These games are just chocked full of humor, pop culture references and challenging puzzle-solving game play. I love Sierra games as well, but LucasArts game always offered more FUN.

My favorite CONSOLE games are Earthbound and Final Fantasy VI both on SNES. I'm a huge fan of JRPGs, so those are the games I play more often, however, I do also LOVE NES Capcom platformer games like Mega Man, DuckTales, & Chip N Dales Rescue Rangers.

My favorite COMPUTER games are basically any adventure game from LucasArts including: Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, the Monkey Island series, Loom, Sam & Max Hit the Road, etc. These games are just chocked full of humor, pop culture references and challenging puzzle-solving game play. I love Sierra games as well, but LucasArts game always offered more FUN.

My favorite CONSOLE games are Earthbound and Final Fantasy VI both on SNES. I'm a huge fan of JRPGs, so those are the games I play more often, however, I do also LOVE NES Capcom platformer games like Mega Man, DuckTales, & Chip N Dales Rescue Rangers.

Oh wow, Day of the Tentacle... I remember that! Brilliant game!

Grand Theft Auto 5. been playing since PS3, still continue to play it on PS4...

Last time I played computer games would be at work in the 90s. I liked Duke Nukem. Since then I've played only console games. They've come a long way!

For Computers specifically, Portal.

For consoles and such, I'm such a Nintendo junkie, but most stuff they make, stand outs being Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario 64.

Phatasmagoria. Nothing has ever captivated me like that game. Sadly I turned off the child protection settings, freaked out and never finished it.
They still have it up on Gog.com for like $10 if you want to finish it now. ;)

Are you asking about computer games or system games? I thought Halo was a system game..

Phatasmagoria. Nothing has ever captivated me like that game. Sadly I turned off the child protection settings, freaked out and never finished it.

that game was incredible!!! I never finished it either, and then upgraded PCs to the point we could not run it anymore. I'd love to finish it.

Hmmm. I use to love games like Myst, Seventh Guest, Shiver. I would literally scare myself silly playing those games in the dark. Currently I'm a World of Watcraft junkie.

I played a mean game of Atari Packman back in the day. I was the neighborhood best.

Later I bought an Xbox to help entertain nephews when babysitting. I was terrible! The nephews let me know about it. I was taunted unmercilessly to the point that I'm traumatized to play video games to this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter