The best app?

lilaclily

Earning My Ears
Using a smart phone for first time at WDW. Already have my DisneyExperience app on the Samsung android. Is that enough to tell me what is going on that day in each park? If it is, where do i find this info? If not what other apps might be helpful?
Cant wait to go.

Ten more days!!

The MDE app will work just fine to give you what you're looking for. At the top of the app, there are different tabs...dining, entertainment, characters, (I think those are the labels, I don't have my phone in my hand). Open the tab you want and it'll show you the different things under each category. Then pick the one you want and open that screen to find exact times.

I like the Lines app, but really only use it for standby times (I find it a bit more reliable than MDE, though MDE is just fine).

We use the MDE app as well, but also like the Magic Guide for Disney World app too. Its pretty simple and has a good bit of info on it.

We used the MDE app and Undercover Tourist's app called Orlando (the app logo is a frog). I really like the interface of Undercover Tourist's app. It told you the crowd levels for each park for each day and I really liked that you could see all of the attractions for a park on the same page and sort them by recommended order, name, name and area, wait time, wait time and area, or near me. I frequently used the wait time and area filter to see what the waits were for each land/area. We found that the app was pretty consistent with both MDE and the actual posted wait times.

The app also has information for the Universal Studios parks and SeaWorld Orlando.

is the undercover app only for iphones? I swore we had it our last trip on our android phones? (or maybe it was my windows phone)?

I would download Kenny the pirate app. I believe it is called character locator. He has on there ride times, menu's, tips, character locations, etc. It is worth the price I pay.

I would download Kenny the pirate app. I believe it is called character locator. He has on there ride times, menu's, tips, character locations, etc. It is worth the price I pay.

Small note: It's not an app but just a link to the website (via your browser). But, thumbs up to Character Locator!

Last edited:
If you are a Touring Plans subscriber the Lines app is invaluable. You can create a check off touring plan and it will adjust your walk/wait times as you go through the day. It has a link to a reservation finder that has help me find restaurant reservation times that can be difficult to obtain.

If you are a Touring Plans subscriber the Lines app is invaluable. You can create a check off touring plan and it will adjust your walk/wait times as you go through the day. It has a link to a reservation finder that has help me find restaurant reservation times that can be difficult to obtain.

Yup ...lines. Worth every penny

Another vote for lines here. Wait times are much more accurate then Disney’s version. There’s also the Disney play Parks app that keeps you occupied in lines

Reactions: GAN
Both Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate are a must for me when we go to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter