The best advice ever . . . .

tinkerszs

Mouseketeer
If you could only give me 1 piece of advice for our first trip to DW what would it be? Please nothing like "have fun" or enjoy yourselves". That's a given. Try not to duplicate responses. Thanks!

(WDW - July 3-10, 2011 - ds 8, dd 6 - flying in from Denver)

1 word: Fastpasses! These will save you so much time waiting in line so you can get to the fun quicker!

You cannot see or do everything that there is. Do your research ahead of time to figure out what your "must-sees" are and be sure to hit them. Consider everything beyond this list that you do see as a bonus.

Rope Drop - Get there as early as possible on as many days as possible to hit all the big ones when lines are shortest.

Schedule one morning to sleep in around the middle of the trip. Sleep in and explore your resort. Everyone will be refreshed and you can finish the vacation on a positive note.

I think it is important to have a schedule (even if it is flexible) for your first trip. It took us three trips to actually see the stunt show at Hollywood studios because of rain but other than that we have always seen or done the things that were most important. So make your schedule with the priorities being the main events and fill in with the rest.;)

I have talked with people who have gone and thought Disney was not much fun :scared1: but after talking with them it was obvious that were clueless about all there was to do!

I see you're going at the beginning of July. It will be very hot and there will be good size crowds. So my advice would be to definitely take afternoon breaks! For instance...get there at rope drop, have lunch around 11:30-11:45, then start heading back to your resort. We either swim, nap or just lay around watching tv. We then head back to the parks around 4-5pm and enjoy the evening.

Get the Unofficial Guide. Use their online tools! They will help you plan which park to visit which day. They'll also help you design a touring plan. Have all this nailed down long before you if you want to feel like your time and money was well spent.

I can't stand to walk around in wet shoes so we always take an extra pair of tennis shoes with us just in case. we have also been known to just switch them off for a change, sometimes it helps with the tired feet.

Check the space on your camera... or bring an extra disk/card. You can buy one in Epcot... but you don't want to be in Cinderella's castle and run out of room on your camera. :)

Make a list of everything you think you need to pack, and then scratch off at least half of it. :lmao: I always overpack!

Don't stress about packing every little thing or the possibility of forgetting something because....they have stores in Florida! You can buy things there. It's encouraged, actually. ;)

have fun! (couldn't resist):lmao:

Focus on what you're doing and enojoy yourself (sorry to say what you said not to say) in the moment! But once you're there, don't second guess "plans." If your kids are having a ball doing something, if they want to ride it again, DO IT!! Don't get bogged down in what you're "supposed to be doing."

If you miss stuff, well, there's always next time! :)

Not sure if you have children, but use a stroller, I had one in Oct for my DD 5, she would not have made it through the day without one! Also if you are bringing a back pack, try to find one that is see through! I took mine in Oct, the security people said that was a good idea and made it so easy for them! Oh, either bring a misting fan from Wal-Mart or somewhere else, or spend the money for an expensive one at the park, I think we paid $14.00 for ours, but it was almost 100 degrees when we were there and it was a life savor! There were 5 of us, we shared one, but two would have been better, and have extra batteries for them too! Enjoy your trip!

July will be HOT and humid. Stay hydrated. You can bring in bottled water in a small soft-sided cooler, or get free cups of ice water at any CS restaurant. I've done the bottled water in the cooler before, but this past August I opted to bring our steel refillable water bottles. I filled them in the morning with ice. It melted quickly, but I refilled throughout the day with the free cups of ice water.

I also packed a washcloth in a ziplock bag of ice. It stayed somewhat cool at least until lunch when we took a swim break back at the resort. We wiped our faces and neck with it to keep cool.

Avoid extra magic hours in the morning, even if you're staying on-site. Wherever the EMH is, head to a different park that will open at the regular time and be less crowded!

JMHO... plenty of people will disagree, but this has worked best for us!

Toss a roll of lifesavers or gum in your purse (Disney doesn't have gum) so when your parched or just need a little something while your waiting in line you have a nice little pick me up.

Oh and hand wipes... Packs of wetones in the Target trial size aisle are great to bring along. My kids always manage to find goo and napkins just don't cut it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter