The Beach at Vero Beach

:Pinkbounc We loved the beach at Vero when we stayed there Oct. 91. The ocean was very rough though since there were storms out in the ocean on the horizon. We had an inn room on the 2nd floor and could just see the ocean.
We enjoyed our stay there and are going back again in 10 weeks can hardly wait..

Thanks for all the input. It’s very much appreciated.

Now for my next question, besides going to the beach, what else is there to do at Vero? Is there anything nearby? Or are there things to do on the property?

Originally posted by Ukladmok
Now for my next question, besides going to the beach, what else is there to do at Vero? Is there anything nearby? Or are there things to do on the property?

On property is 2 tennis courts,basketball court,minature golf,shuffleboard,croquet,bocce,etc.They have a lot of activities for kids also.

If you are a baseball fan, the L.A. Dodgers minor league team(Vero Beach Dodgers) play about 10 minutes away.
The Indian River Mall is 15-20 minutes away and it has 24 theaters,food court,TGIF's.

Originally posted by Ukladmok
going to the beach, what else is there to do at Vero? Is there anything nearby? Or are there things to do on the property?

Onsite activities off the top of my head:

Rent a bike
Play shuffleboard
Play tennis
Play minigolf
Rent a jetski
Go on an Oceanagraphic institute tour
Tour around the grounds with the Gardener
Play Bingo
Take the kids to SnorkelEARS
Listen to Banjo playing on the back porch of the inn
Go to an unbirthday party...
Go to the store and rent a movie
Go to the seafood buffet at Sonya's
Paint an animated cell
Take the kids on a Tot treasure hunt...

Off property there's
Captain Hiram's
Mel Fischer's Treasure museum
Dodger Spring training
Hale's Citrus Grove

We just spent July 17 - 20th at Vero for the first time and LOVED it. Here are a few beach pictures - I'll eventually create an entire slideshow - I got tons of shots...

vero01.jpg

Plenty of Beach in the AM during sunrise...

vero02.jpg

Beautiful Sunrises on the Beach

vero03.jpg

A shot from the boardwalk over the dunes

vero04.jpg

Not crowded, and people enjoying the ocean. Water was nice and we didn't go deep enough to be bothered by a dropoff.

vero05.jpg

The sand was loads of fun to play in, with lots of shells to decorate with.

vero06.jpg

Even during the day the beach was plenty wide enough. We hit Clearwater Beach the following week, and THAT was ridiculously wide! I'll take Vero anyday - the trek is MUCH easier! They have nice chaise lounges with umbrellas available to rent.

vero08.jpg

Beach is by no means crowded.

vero09.jpg

Some rental rates for guests and members

Hope that helps!

Awesome pictures Tagrel.

Makes me want to go "home".

Glad you had a great time.

Where did you stay in Clearwater Beach, if you don't mind my asking?

Originally posted by floridafam
Where did you stay in Clearwater Beach, if you don't mind my asking?

We stayed only one night at the Radisson Suite Resort in Sand Key. The surf is very gentle being on the gulf side, and the beach was forever wide! Very beautiful, but with a 6 and 4 year old, quite a hike! :)

Vero was very peaceful, while Clearwater much more built up and very busy. We'll stick to Vero in the future! We just loved it there!

:D
The Radisson Resort is right across from the Sheraton Sand Key where we were married. Yes, the beach is huge. My DS said he doesn't want to go there anymore because we have to "walk a mile on the beach just to get to the water".

We won't be going there again but that's another story.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures on your website:D

Speaking as a Jersey Beach Girl myself, the beach is wonderful. It is very similar in the feeling of the sand to our beaches. It isn't as wide as the Jersey shore, but it is NOT crowded so there is plenty of room for you and your family. THat is the one reason I love it there so much. When we sit down, there is not a single person in front of me, my view is just that of the ocean. Very relaxing for sure. The surf is very similar to our beaches, but the warmer water makes it nicer for me. Give it a try yourself!

great shots, we are heading there next week and I was wondering about prices for chairs and umbrellas, I think I am going to just carry my umbrellas on the plane and rent chairs! at 9 buck an umbrella, that would add up, but I love having a chiar!!

Just returned from VB, also from NJ. The beach at Vero is paradise compared to any of the duneless, crowded beaches down the shore. The surf in NJ is alot rougher also. Most times the ocean was calm like glass with rollers breaking close to shore. With several days of onshore winds or offshore disturbances it can be alot rougher. Be sure to rent an umbrella and use sunscreen , the sun in FLA is alot more intense and you will get cooked w/o some protection.

$12 seems like a pretty good deal.

How big, any chairs inside, etc.

Thanks.

DanG,

The cabanas are like the half-circle shape things with a frame. Do you know what I mean?

You have to rent chairs seperately.

We love cabanas but never rent one at VB. We always go with the umbrella because air flows through it-unlike a cabana. Even the gentleman that runs the rental desk recommends umbrellas.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much: I didn't expect much for $12 and you have confirmed the adage one gets what one pays for.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Tagrel your pictures are wonderful!!!!

I just went in Sept and Oct - Sept the beach was only a couple of yards -

In Oct the water was up the steps and the beach was closed.

You must have picked a great time!!!

the picture somone has in their signature is how I remember VB - your pictures mades me want to go back and give it another chance - now I am sorry I sold my VB points.....

thanks for the great pictures!

While the resort itself is situated in a wonderful setting, the beachfront is clearly in the lower tier of Florida's coastal resort communities. Our recent visit (7/24 through 7/30) was our first and probably our last. We enjoyed our stay, however, the beach (even at low tide) is extremely narrow and not altogether attractive.

That said, prior to our relocation to the Sunshine State from Toledo, OH, we would have considered the place "heaven on earth". Everything is relative. Your perspective changes over time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter