The Battle For My Wallet VI: The Trip Report That Isn’t a Trip Report (P.24, 11/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back. And exhausted. And aching from head to toe. As someone who is more than "not quite middle aged", I can tell you that Disney touring does a number on an almost-47 yr old body. And I was only there for 4 days!!

I have now read your lone chapter, as I am experiencing the luxury of a bonus day off. (See, I've done enough of these to know that I can't face getting up for work the day after returning from a Maelstrom Meet.) Nice job, buddy! I will add myself to the poor childhood club. No divorces, but tight budgets nonetheless. My three childhood visits to the World (only MK, in those days) were just day trips via my aunt and uncle's house in Jacksonville. Yep. We drove about 2 1/2 hours each way to spend about 8 hours in the MK. I'm sure you can imagine how fun that was. :rolleyes: To me, though, it was awesome. My sweet husband had it even worse than me, and had never been there during his childhood (or even on a plane, for that matter). We finally stayed in the World (at the Disney Inn) on our second wedding anniversary in 1987 and we've never looked back!! I often count my blessings today and marvel at how dramatically improved our lives have been. I say it all the time: If, as a teen, I could have seen just a glimpse of the life I have now, I would have been BLOWN AWAY!! And I'm not just talking creature comforts. That's just gravy. We work every day to make sure our boys understand that and gain some appreciation for how very lucky they are. I know you do the same, as is evidenced by ZZUBy's many precious and touching musings.

My brain is too tired to be witty this morning, but I did want to let you know that all 17 of the Maelstrom-meeters (including a couple of spouses and a 6 yr old magic magnet) were at the Cali Grille during the Bama/GA game, and many texts were flying, so word reached us pretty much "live". Almost caused the end of a friendship, in fact, when Frick let out a little cheer for the score and GAKitty slapped her - HARD - with her eyes. Wow. You southerners are serious about your college football, aren't ya?

Have a great week and I'll see ya next Monday!! I am ashamed to admit it, but it does make my world a little brighter when I know I have some good new ZZUBage to read every once in a while ;)

Freaky Borg Ash
I was just coming here to say the exact same thing.
That we all kept up with the score
The one lone Roll Tide Fan rubbed it in the faces of all the Dawg fans
Ahem.
And TFI Ash, I am just as sore and tired today as I was yesterday.

When can we read more Zzub?????

I thought you were done with Reports? Glad to see you're back!
clap2.gif

Now I have to go and catch up.

LIke you, the Contemporary is "the dream". Like you, we finally bit the bullet, sold a car or two, and booked it for a week in March 09... MK View, Club Level. It's going to hurt, but hopefully, will be worth it.

It will be nice to read your reviews and see if the legend holds true.

Welcome back and bring on the fun.

popcorn::

Glad you're back with another trip report......or not! Almost as glad as I am that Bama is 5-0 and number 2!!!

Sorry Frick!...I still think you've got the coolestasallgetout coach :)

MTK:a competition? I imagine any side by side comparison of your witty TR with the useless drivel I pour forth will reveal which is the more enjoyable read.

First. Let me sit in the compliment for a few seconds and pretend it was true.

That was nice.

We should defiantly avoid a side by side comparison. Your writing is akin to eating caviar on a yacht. My writing is like eating an old M&M out of someone else's couch crack, while an old, ornery cat attacks you.

By the way, one of your readers got lost and wound up in my Trip Report. I am keeping her.

That was nice.

We should defiantly avoid a side by side comparison. Your writing is akin to eating caviar on a yacht. My writing is like eating an old M&M out of someone else's couch crack, while an old, ornery cat attacks you.

By the way, one of your readers got lost and wound up in my Trip Report. I am keeping him.

Variety is the spice of life!
I love both of your reports. So keep on writing!

Hi to all the old Maestroemers.Well ,not old, per.se.

I know my kind isn't allowed to post on a ZZUB trip report lest it be called a "hate crime"....buuuut seeing as y'all are doing so well and us, not so well, I figured it would be OK to come out of lurkdom and say how happy I am to be reading your non trip report. (and, yes, I like run-on sentences)

Can't wait for more of whatever it is you're doing or not doing....

Scrap4u said:
Great to see you back ZZUB! Can't wait to read more about this non-trip. We were in the world during TS Hannah and with Hurricane Ike passing by. The best weather we've ever had in Sept. in DW!
Sounds like we were there at the same time. Sorry if I ran into you with my stroller.

Also, feel free to throw in nostalgic "West Wing" references during your reporting. For some reason, I feel less alone knowing that there are others who can quote, politics aside, the best show ever to be broadcast.
Welcome back HappyChicken. There is a West Wing allusion in this chapter, buried there for the 3 people who watched that show and read this garbage. I think I bury at least one WW quote or allusion in each chapter.

Glad to see you are back, Zzub, although part of me is saying "no, no, he's not staying at the Contemporary!!!" I tried really hard to reserve the Contemporary for our next trip, checking daily to see if it was available with the code we had.
I'm glad to see that other people like the Contemporary, too. It seems like a lot of people on these boards are anti-Contemporary. But recently, I've seen a lot of posts with people saying the same thing you did that they couldn't get a room there. I hope that trend changes when the open the new tower.

and then, about a week ago, I started lurking again... On the trip report board... Thinking, "That ZZUB... Certainly he is going to write another trip report. Even though he said he wouldn't. He'll be back... I hope..."
I can't help but wonder how it is you managed to be a preschoolmom? Are you biologically advanced? Or did you just flunk pre-K a LOT?! I'm glad you're enjoying this Trip Report which is not a trip report. But technically, I did not say I wasn't writing another one. Only that I might not. And as you can plainly see, I am not writing a Trip Report at all.

Zzub, I am so glad you are not writing a trip report...or are writing your first trip report...or whatever tripe reporting you are doing. You have pulled me out of hiding.

I have been avoiding the Dis like the plague, too much mudslinging going on in the other forums, it drove me away from my precious Tripe Reports Boards.

I peeked in here today to see if Mel HappyHaint had something new to report on, an instead, I was pleasantly surprised by a battle for the wallet raging between you and the mouse yet again. And in my favorite resort, no less. I just can't wait to lay my head down in the BLT, or is it on a BLT? Whatever.

Last I remember, that 2nd little girl was a bump in your Mrs belly, and she was napping in her bed at WL while you played the good DH and did laundry.

Keep it rolling pal, I'm happy to see you made another donation to the mouse and want to tell us all about it.
I think it's actually called the MLT. When the mutton is nice and lean. I miss Mel HappyHat too. I hope against hope she comes back and regales us more with her brand of crap. It's getting hard to be the lone repository for random purgings of the lunatic mind.

I'm so glad that this is the first non-trip report that I started to read. You had me hooked by the end of the 1st paragraph. I can't wait to read more.
It's a shame your first Trip Report is this. B/c as anyone can see, this is NOT a Trip Report. It's more like a Rip Teport.

PalinClan said:
I'm back. And exhausted. And aching from head to toe. As someone who is more than "not quite middle aged", I can tell you that Disney touring does a number on an almost-47 yr old body. And I was only there for 4 days!!
Maybe, just maybe you're getting too old. I've heard that happens when you hit your late-mid 40s.

I often count my blessings today and marvel at how dramatically improved our lives have been. I say it all the time: If, as a teen, I could have seen just a glimpse of the life I have now, I would have been BLOWN AWAY!! And I'm not just talking creature comforts. That's just gravy. We work every day to make sure our boys understand that and gain some appreciation for how very lucky they are.
I mess with you a lot on account of you being a nutcase lefty with stupid political views, but (I hope) I say this just as often, Ashclan: you are rock solid good people. It's too easy to take for granted the immense blessings we receive. Anytime we look back and draw a line from then to now, I think we can see the guiding hand of Providence.

Wow. You southerners are serious about your college football, aren't ya?
We don't have much else to be serious about.

As an Oregon State Alumnus, I feel qualified to say you're welcome.
Indeed. You realize of course that Mike Riley played for the Bear, right?

I thought you were done with Reports? Glad to see you're back!
I thought you were done with The Disboards? Glad to see you back, too.

LIke you, the Contemporary is "the dream". Like you, we finally bit the bullet, sold a car or two, and booked it for a week in March 09... MK View, Club Level. It's going to hurt, but hopefully, will be worth it.
Well, going in March and staying club level no less, yeah, I reckon you did have to sell a car.

I reckon there are worse things to sit in. Think about THAT for a minute or two.

My writing is like eating an old M&M out of someone else's couch crack, while an old, ornery cat attacks you.
But for the couch crack and ornery cat, eating M&Ms sure beats the tar out of eating fish eggs. I don't each fish. Why would I want to eat their eggs? Grossest ever!

I know my kind isn't allowed to post on a ZZUB trip report lest it be called a "hate crime"
Your "kind" is more than welcome here. How else will you see the light about your poor choice of school affinity? But to be clear, it is only a hate crime if I see the words "war eagle," and other such Auburn-esque trivialities.

Hi Haley.

:moped:

YES! Zzub's back! Great start, in fact, that first chapter ranks up their with the best of your installments! Looking forward to this 'first actual trip report' more than you could know!

Hi ZZUB! Our friend and roommate Ash alerted us (me and KPK89) that you were back. Thanks for not writing a trip report. I loved the story of the CR and your childhood dreams. I can't wait to read your thoughts about one of my top-3 fave WDW resorts. We'll be there later this fall!

I am indecisive. Just ask my dinning companions.

Indeed. You realize of course that Mike Riley played for the Bear, right?

Of course! I love Mike Riley, he's a great coach, Bear Bryant's influence is obvious. We in Oregon owe some thanks to Alabama as well.

ROLL TIDE!

41-30

That's for my friends who live in Georgia. I was afraid they might not know the score. I heard there was a black-out or something.

Yeah, I'm thinking y'all are gonna give that ol' black jersey thing a rest. And focus your energy on fundamentals. Like scoring touchdowns. And stopping the other team from planting their flag in your endzone.

See. I was going to come and tell you about "listening" to the game at the Cali Grill, but Ash took care of that.

My brain is too tired to be witty this morning, but I did want to let you know that all 17 of the Maelstrom-meeters (including a couple of spouses and a 6 yr old magic magnet) were at the Cali Grille during the Bama/GA game, and many texts were flying, so word reached us pretty much "live". Almost caused the end of a friendship, in fact, when Frick let out a little cheer for the score and GAKitty slapped her - HARD - with her eyes. Wow. You southerners are serious about your college football, aren't ya?

Well. Almost took care of it. Frickles has some sense, so she is and remains a Dawg forever. She was, however, quite glad that she was not at home enduring the, shall I say it? snide comments of her husband. But, hey, he had jumped out of a perfectly good airplane that day, so is it any wonder that he cheers for Bama? It was Rhonda who was taunting. TAUNTING, I say. Although she looked very pretty doing so all fancy-schmancy at the Cali Grill. TFI, Rhonda's husband was just as bad. It might become my mission to get Wesley all dawg'ed out. You should see him with his Obama bumper sticker and campaign pin.

Frick and I were just shaking our heads and slapping with our eyes. And drowning our sorrows in Lemon Drops and Bellinis. But not at the same time.

Z - I'm looking forward to this non-report of a trip. Especially the Contemporary part. Ironically, it is entirely possible that I was supposed to be there at the same time as you at the Contemporary (but not a MK view) until my husband insisted on an October vacation instead of a September one. Aren't we both glad that he insisted on the change? We are off for eight nights and nine days starting on Saturday. Unfortunately, the rates were such (ummm, higher) in October that the cheap in me took hold and we are staying at French Quarter.

Are we still looking at every other Monday installments? I don't see where you made any such promise, and given the format change, I am wondering if there will be a posting change as well. Discuss.

:cool1: There is nothing better than a ZZUB trip report.

Even if it's wearing a "I'm not a trip report" t-shirt. ;)

Someday, someday, I will make it over during the first page of a ZZUB trip report.

Not that this is a trip report.

Or so I've heard. Read. Whatever. Dude.

And not that I've even read the first eighty gabillion pages I've missed to know what I'm talking about right here.

And mad props to LegoMom for giving me the "Um, HELLO! ZZUB is writing a new (nonTR)TR!

I really don't know what my priority should be here - catching up with the ZeeZubs or starting my own TR. Decisions, decisions. If only it were as easy as picking Palin as a running mate. ::sigh::

(Does it reek of sarcasm in here right now or is it me?)

Anywho, glad to know I may (or may not) be regaled with more tales (and bodily functions, if my guesses are near the mark) from you ZZUB. I just got back from the World to a rather less than magical world and your stories are always good medicine.

Roll Tide and all that. :moped:

~Tinkerbellarella

P.S. I KNEW you weren't down there when I was but I sat on Soarin' (we scored the exact center of Row 1 without even asking) and as we "took off" I couldn't help but think of you and your little gal and how much you love the ride and smile. :goodvibes

Ok. So, now I'm all caught up.
Before starting my own tripe.
Ssh. Don't tell.

This:

The Contemporary Resort. Magic Kingdom View. Me. My wife and girls. For nine days and eight nights.

Is also one of my own "someday" dreams.
Well.
Less, the ZZUB and wife and girls.
Not that I don't think I'd have fun with the ZZUB clan.
But.
Well, you get it.
Creepy, stalker type I am not.

ANYWAY, it has me looking forward even more to your next chapters.
Though maybe not so much the "Smells" chapter.
Just sayin'.

ROLL TIDE!

41-30

That's for my friends who live in Georgia. I was afraid they might not know the score. I heard there was a black-out or something.

Yeah, I'm thinking y'all are gonna give that ol' black jersey thing a rest. And focus your energy on fundamentals. Like scoring touchdowns. And stopping the other team from planting their flag in your endzone.

Now come on, not EVERYONE who lives in Georgia is a UGA fan. That's like saying everyone in Alabama is an Auburn fan, it's just not right. I will try not to take your prejudice to heart..... I, for one, enjoyed the weekend's results, seeing as Georgia TECH had a bye so I didn't have to fear a loss.

Looking forward to next Monday.

So, I have heard the whisperings, and I have come over to read a ZZUB writing-thingamajig (since it's not a TR) -- and I am hooked. :goodvibes

I knew you'd be back. i just found this though. :(

Off to read!

Hey ZZUB, Great first chapter. I was a lurker on your last TR. Your writing is thought provoking , touching, with a little funny thrown in. :goodvibes

I am also a follow over from Mrs The Kings TR. Hi Deb!! :wave:

Great to see Stretchy Shorts has arrived here! I was going to send him an e-mail alerting him to ZZUBS new Non-Trip Trip Report. now I can save it.

Ready and willing to read more. Interested to hear how the baby did this year. Shes about one and a half now? :cutie: Maybe Mrs ZZUB was able to finally leave the Baby Care Centers this year? Wondering if your older Daughter enjoyed Test Track as much as last year. popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter