• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Battle For My Wallet III: The Smell of Free Dining (Addendum, pg 34)

I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. Guess I can't use the stunt show as an excuse to return to the world. We haven't seen it yet.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
You are soooo histerical. Dont feel bad, Im actually nerdy enough to have a Disney file too, my husband doesnt get it.

My son loves the POR slide, he begs to go back to POR just because he has so much fun there. We always go to the pool after the parks so that we can soak our aching feet in the hot tub and he and his friend that we usually take sneek up and down it, at least until our last trip when we discovered that they now put nets and locks on the bottom of the slide. Like you said, darn trial lawyers suck the fun out of things. :lmao:
Anyways, cant wait for the next installment!! :thumbsup2

First, thanks again to everyone who reads my trip report and then posts your thoughts and compliments. I sincerely appreciate it.

I wanted to respond to a few of the posts:

DisneyNutMary: no, obnoxion is not a word. But since the Olympics weren't held at Disney World last year, I figured I could also take license with the language. While obnoxion isn't actually a word, it was coined in the recent past by a politico. I liked the way it sounded and have taken to using it freely. You should do the same.

1000thhappyhaunt: I love "Maelstrom is a fastpass?!" It makes me laugh everytime I see it. I now look for reasons to make desultory references to Maelstrom in my posts. It can be code amongst the various members of the DMVC, how we know we're amongst our own. Like "thunder" and "flash" on D-Day. The first person says, "Maelstrom." The response is, " Maelstrom is a fastpass?!"

Crazy Kanga: That's what I'm talking about.

mmeb144: It's almost as if you've heard me ranting about snowboarding as an Olympic Sport. What's next? Hotdog eating?!

My husband and I rented ND this past weekend - we had some free blockbluster passes and it's already in the "old" section! - I finally know what "Vote for Pedro" means and "unleashing the power." I actually thought of you wearing your Pedro T-Shirt around WDW (even though I have no idea what you look like :rolleyes: ) and sort of laughed to myself!

Another fine report! I can totally relate to the reference to going to the Stunt show in September - wait - when were you there again? It was very hot and those stands were huge and full of angry, sweaty people!

ZZUB. when did you graduate from the Capstone???? I'm a 1989 Grad. ROLL TIDE!!!!!! I just about died laughing when I read that Bear Bryant and Elle McPherson entry.

Thank you for the great report!!! :thumbsup2

(I'm only up to Chapter 4 - - I'm exhausted and calling it quits for the night but it's a holiday tomorrow & I will be back!!) :coffee:

Hey ZZUB! I'm just now getting around to reading some reports and yours is one at the top of my list. But you know me, I like to read my TRs in the bathtub, so do you happen to have it in Word?

LY, MI!

ZZUB said:
It's almost as if you've heard me ranting about snowboarding as an Olympic Sport. What's next? Hotdog eating?!

Actually, given that curling is now an official sport, I rather think that tiddlywinks and full contact Parcheesi will be making their respective debuts in the Summer Olympics in the near future (no offense meant to my brethren and sistren from the Great White North, but I mean, c'mon, you know you were just looking for something to do with the ice rinks when hockey season was over, and, apparently, those Scots were on to something).

Enjoying the trip report.

Great report, and I agree with you about the Stunt Show.........the HEAT was horrible on our day there in October too............good thing that wasn't the day I forgot my deodorant!

Too, too funny!!! The whole report I mean. My only question is, how much time do you spend on this??? I mean WOW!!! That's dedication, and I thank you for it!! :teeth:

BTW, I think you should feel free to make up words and Olympic events freely!

you must have been as angry as an old man returning soup at a deli. :rotfl:

Thanks for the installment- I hope you're trip was at least 2 weeks-

OMG - you are just toooo funny
glad your back!

Excuse me, my boyfriend is a snowboarder and I was in a sorority and i am highly offended at your deliberate sportsism and negative sterotypes of a philanthropic organization.

Just kidding. Actually, all of that is true, except for the offended part. Your trip reports are hysterical. The veep comment was funny (and I hate the anti-word "veep") but the sorority thing was just hysterical, I guess because I've "been there". My other "LOL" moment was the quoting of ND, Airplane and Seinfeld! Pop culture allusions ROCK!

I also must confess, as here is probably the only socially acceptable place to do so, that I have actually made a list of the themes of Napoleon Dynamite. I have about 6, including the dramatic symbolism behind some of the scenes. Yes, I am an English teacher. Yes, I have a book called "How to Stop Overthinking". Yes, this is a problem. ;)

You made me glad I skipped the Stunt Show. Although, I did go in December so the stink may not have been as great.

And what's wrong with making eating a sport? It's the only way I will ever make it to the Olympics? Ha!

ZZUB, Great trip report. These people who are amazed with your writing abilities think we just know football at the Capstone! :cheer2:

BTW... I believe my freshman roomie from Tutwiler is lurking on here! (shout out to annameg!) She gave me the heads up on this great thread!

And she and I can relate to the sorority girl attitudes. WE had them perfected back in the 80's. princess:

Keep up the good job on the report...I look forward to reading the rest.

lisaland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter