• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The BALD and the BEAUTIFUL take a road trip to see THE mouse **FINISHED**

__________________________________________________________________________________

DD wanted to take a quick spin around TT and ended up having herself a little accident right in front of Goofy’s house.... so we decided to go ahead and visit for a little while since we were there anyway.

:goofy:

2008tripcanon249.jpg

2008tripcanon248.jpg

2008tripcanon252.jpg

DD hiding in a Jack-O-Lantern!

2008tripcanon254.jpg

It was nearing lunch time so we decided to start heading towards DCA to grab a bite to eat. It was so hot out we needed to take a little sit down break to cool off on our way over there.

2008tripcanon266.jpg

We met up with the rest of the crew at Taste Pilots Grill. Chad and Lori brought their lunch again while DH, DD, and I shared the Loaded Fries and Cheese Burger. Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm.

2008tripcanon269.jpg

After lunch we decided to ride Soarin’ again so we took turns watching the kids. There was only a 10 minute wait! :woohoo:

P10402471.jpg

Then we needed desperately to cool off so we made our way over to GRR! Will and I rode first and shared a raft with a delightful family of 4 , then Chad and Lori took their turn. We didn’t even need a child-swap pass because the line was only 10 minutes long. I was thinking that it was going to be packed because of the weather, but once again we lucked out. :banana: Unfortunately we didn’t get too wet though …. :sad2: It was soooo hot out that I wanted to get soaked, but no such luck.
2008tripcanon272.jpg

grizrun27.jpg

grizrun3.jpg

We then headed off towards the boardwalk area. Reya loved these bears, so we ended up buying a cute puppet grizzly for her.

2008tripcanon277.jpg

There was NOBODY in line for the Golden Zephyr so we decided to give it a whirl, especially because the girls love anything that goes around and around. ((Except for merry-go-rounds, remember?!?))

2008tripcanon280.jpg

2008tripcanon281.jpg

They even let us take a second spin around because there was only a small handful of people waiting to get on after our ride was over.

2008tripcanon284.jpg

2008tripcanon289.jpg

To be continued ………………..​

Unfortunatly we didn't get a chance to ride it. :sad2: The waits were always so long, and I just won't wait much more than about 30 minutes. I heard that it is basically the same ride as the one in Epcot, the vehicle is just different (subs as opposed to clamshells), so I didn't feel too bad missing it, it also gives me a reason to go back!

It's sorta simular.. but much, much better in my opinion. But like you I won't wait more then 30 minutes for any ride. And yep, that's another reason to go back? Did you get a chance to ride the Toy Story Mania?

That's so nice of you to ask about my dog. I think she's on the mend. Did I tell you she has kennel cough? I can't remember. But I think she's getting better. She's on two antibiotics - one for kennel cough and one for her stomach. She's been on a bland diet of rice and hamburger since Friday but I'm starting to gradually add in her new dog food. Fingers crossed that her stomach can handle it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed as well. Just love on her and give her lots of TLC and she'll be better in no time.

hi! I hope you don't mind a brief intrusion... this is actually travelmel but I'm trying to get 10 posts done on my DDC's new account so that she can begin her own TR that she's been dying to do!

Thank you so much and I'll post from my own account soon!

Melissa

hi! I hope you don't mind a brief intrusion... this is actually travelmel but I'm trying to get 10 posts done on my DDC's new account so that she can begin her own TR that she's been dying to do!

Thank you so much and I'll post from my own account soon!

Melissa

LOL! No problem. I was excited when I saw that someone responded to my last post. I think I've lost my readers. I'm going to try and get this TR finished asap, because it's taking up way to much of my time. We're supposed to get snow this weekend so it'll give me an excuse to finish it if possible.

2008tripcanon302.jpg

Next was Mulholland Madness. I however declined to ride and said I would wait back with the kids. I’ve read about everybody’s thoughts on this particular attraction and the majority said it sucks, so I said "No, thank you"

DSCF1049.jpg

We then headed over to Toy Story Mania. Once again I had prepared myself mentally before my vacation that I probably wasn’t going to have a chance to ride this because of wait times being outrageous. So you could imagine my surprise when I saw only a 15 minute wait time posted at the entrance. Wooo Hoooo!!! Obviously we jumped in line super fast!

2008tripcanon306.jpg

2008tripcanon308.jpg

OMG!! This is definitely one of my new favorites! I absolutely LOVED it!! I’m so thankful that I got a chance to experience it for myself! If you haven’t seen it, DO!!!!!

2008tripcanon311.jpg

DB, SIL, and DH wanted to ride the Maliboomer so I stayed with the kids so they could do so. Unfortunately it was down for repairs so they rode the Orange Stinger instead.

orange1.jpg

It was about 4:30 at this time so we decided to go ahead and find a seat for the Pixar Parade. We ended up on a shadded bench right next to all this yummy Candy Corn!
2008tripcanon267.jpg

Since the parade didn’t start for awhile we all just hung out, relaxed, people watched and ate some yummy ice cream! I was soooo happy to finally eat an Mickey bar!

:mickeybar

2008tripcanon314.jpg

PHOTOS OF THE PARADE COMING UP ...................

LOL! No problem. I was excited when I saw that someone responded to my last post. I think I've lost my readers. I'm going to try and get this TR finished asap, because it's taking up way to much of my time. We're supposed to get snow this weekend so it'll give me an excuse to finish it if possible.

You haven't lost me. I'm still here and loving your report. Your pictures are fantastic. I still think Reya is just one of the cutest little girls in the world (along with my two nieces, of course...haha.)

Okay...I'm off to read your recent installment now....

I actually really like Mulholland Madness. It's a short ride but it's funny. And actually a little scary and it whips around the turns. Although, I think Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom is more fun because it spins.

I can't wait to ride Toy Story Mania. I hope we luck out and get short wait times in January.

Love the candy corn stalks.

The photo of the girls waiting for the parade is so cute.

It's sorta simular.. but much, much better in my opinion. But like you I won't wait more then 30 minutes for any ride. And yep, that's another reason to go back? Did you get a chance to ride the Toy Story Mania?

Yes! And I love it! I had to expand my wait time for that one, we waited about 40 minutes both times we rode it, but it's so much fun that I didn't mind the wait. I also got to ride it a few times at DHS in July. :woohoo:

I'm loving all of your pictures, the one of Reya with her 3D glasses is too funny! And the one of the girls waiting for the parade is really, really cute too!

Hmmm... Quite possibly my favorite picture of Baby Girl. :lmao:

I'm still here, too, sorry I haven't been posting as I read. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Mulholland Madness either. If my boys decided it was too tame for them, I'd happily never ride it again. It's a small rollercoaster, but as an adult sitting in those little cars, every time we hit a sharp turn I feel like the dang thing is going to tip right over and drop me on my head on the pavement below. :lmao:

Yay an update!
We loved TSMM too, I think we waited a bit over 20 mins for it (went straight there at park opening, it was rammed later in the day!) Hopefully they will add FP at some point :)
We didn't think Mulholland Madness looked much good either, it's basically a 'wild mouse' coaster which they have at every theme park in the world, just with a different theme :rolleyes:
The pic of Reya with the 3D glasses and pacifier is too cute, and the one with her and your DH. You can really see how similar they look in that one :)

Roadtrip130-3.jpg

2008tripcanon315.jpg

2008tripcanon325.jpg

2008tripcanon327.jpg

2008tripcanon342.jpg

Roadtrip159.jpg

Roadtrip163-2.jpg

Roadtrip166.jpg

Roadtrip169.jpg

Roadtrip176.jpg

Roadtrip180-1.jpg

Roadtrip186.jpg

Roadtrip188.jpg

At the end of the parade we decided it would be best to go ahead and head back to our rooms early. The heat from this extremely busy day took a major toll on us and we were all exhausted. So we bid farewell to DCA once again!:wave2:

Roadtrip191.jpg

End of day 9

That parade looks really cute...even though I'm not familiar with all of the pixar movies.

Here’s some more pictures of this particular day that I’d like to share with you as well.

Roadtrip044-1.jpg

Roadtrip046-2.jpg

Roadtrip050-2.jpg

Roadtrip056-1.jpg

Roadtrip060.jpg

Roadtrip066.jpg

Roadtrip070-1.jpg

Snow??? You're kidding! Isn't this early in the season for snow? Yikes. I do enjoy a white Christmas though. It's not the same without snow on Christmas.

You haven't lost me!! Even if you wanted to! :rotfl2:

I love all your pics. How do you get them to come out to clear and perfect?? Wait till you see mine. They always suck. We have a cheap camera though so I guess you get what you pay for.

I love all those pics with the Princesses. princess:

It's a small rollercoaster, but as an adult sitting in those little cars, every time we hit a sharp turn I feel like the dang thing is going to tip right over and drop me on my head on the pavement below. :lmao:
YES!! That is exactly why I hate it. I'm afriad I'm going to get sucked into riding it next week though. :eek:

We had PS for the Lilo and Stich aloha breakfast this morning at the Paradise Pier Hotel for 10:20 AM

HPIM2709.jpg

It was a painless 5 minute walk to the hotel, we arrived 15 minutes early and they accommodated us with NO problem.

The restaurant was practically empty, it was soooo great! The kids had some amazing one on one time with all the characters. Max really took a liking to Logan and was by his side almost the entire breakfast. They were like best buddies, it was so cute!

2008tripcanon372.jpg

2008tripcanon416.jpg

The buffet was pretty yummy! I had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and of course the famous Mickey waffles.

2008tripcanon376.jpg

2008tripcanon381.jpg

2008tripcanon408.jpg

Reya did “okay” … She never cried or screamed, but she still didn’t want anything to do with the characters. She would see Minnie from across the restaurant and point and wave saying “Mouse, Mouse”, and when she would come towards us, DD would duck under the table whimpering.

Logan and Alyssa however had the time of their lives. They got to visit and play with Minnie, Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, and Max.

2008tripcanon431.jpg

2008tripcanon414.jpg

2008tripcanon406.jpg

2008tripcanon390.jpg

2008tripcanon387.jpg

2008tripcanon386.jpg

2008tripcanon384.jpg

Alyssa was a given a yummy chocolate desert and also sung to for her birthday! She was all smiles! What a great birthday, huh!?!?

:cake:

I'm really happy that we decided on doing this character breakfast, IMHO it was soooo worth it.

To be continued ………………………..

You're a great TR writer! I just haven't had the chance to read your last two entries YET But I do love them!

SNOW!!! :scared: September and October are our good weather months. LOL Our leaves are just begining to turn... love that fall feeling :goodvibes

HI!! I wanted to share Reya's Halloween Costume with everyone! Still need to buy a turtle neck to put under it. Not too bad for $15.00, RIGHT?!?! It usually snows here for halloween so I wanted her to be warm enough for her first time Trick-or-treating!

oct2008002.jpg

oct2008003.jpg

oct2008004-2.jpg

You haven't lost me. I'm still here and loving your report. Your pictures are fantastic. I still think Reya is just one of the cutest little girls in the world (along with my two nieces, of course...haha.)

Okay...I'm off to read your recent installment now....

Oh good, I'm so glad I haven't lost you and that you're still loving my report.

Judging by your PTR I know your TR is going to be fantastic!

Awwwww, and thanks for the sweet comment on DD. I think she's one of the cutest little girls in the world too. ;)

I actually really like Mulholland Madness. It's a short ride but it's funny. And actually a little scary and it whips around the turns. Although, I think Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom is more fun because it spins.

I can't wait to ride Toy Story Mania. I hope we luck out and get short wait times in January.

Love the candy corn stalks.

The photo of the girls waiting for the parade is so cute.

Primeval Whirl is pretty fun,but the cars were really uncomfortable if your sharing with other people. My DH has wide shoulders too so that doesn't help.

Mulholland Madness reminds me of the "wild chipmunk" that we have at one of the parks here, I used to hate it as a kid, it scared the jeepers out of me, I always thought it was going to fly off the track.

Toy Story Mania is a blast, I hope you get a chance to ride it.

Yes! And I love it! I had to expand my wait time for that one, we waited about 40 minutes both times we rode it, but it's so much fun that I didn't mind the wait. I also got to ride it a few times at DHS in July. :woohoo:

I'm loving all of your pictures, the one of Reya with her 3D glasses is too funny! And the one of the girls waiting for the parade is really, really cute too!

I know, I think it's one of my new favorites now! I was so happy that the wait was so short.:banana: I heard the theming in the qeue line at WDW is much better though.

Thanks for the photo comments. That photo in the :3dglasses is hilarious, she really pulls those glasses off. :thumbsup2

Hmmm... Quite possibly my favorite picture of Baby Girl. :lmao:

I'm still here, too, sorry I haven't been posting as I read. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Mulholland Madness either. If my boys decided it was too tame for them, I'd happily never ride it again. It's a small rollercoaster, but as an adult sitting in those little cars, every time we hit a sharp turn I feel like the dang thing is going to tip right over and drop me on my head on the pavement below. :lmao:
:hug: Thank you for reading an posting!

Well it looks like I didn't miss much by not riding Mulholland Madness, my SIL said it was pretty uncomfortable too, so I'm really glad I didn't ride.

Thanks for the comment on DD!!! :hug:

Yay an update!
We loved TSMM too, I think we waited a bit over 20 mins for it (went straight there at park opening, it was rammed later in the day!) Hopefully they will add FP at some point :)
We didn't think Mulholland Madness looked much good either, it's basically a 'wild mouse' coaster which they have at every theme park in the world, just with a different theme :rolleyes:
The pic of Reya with the 3D glasses and pacifier is too cute, and the one with her and your DH. You can really see how similar they look in that one :)
Wasn't it the best?!?! So much better then Buzz Lightyear, which I'm a big fan off too. I really wasn't thinking that we'd have a chance to ride it.

Thanks for the wonderful comments too. DH and DD were going to go as Dr. Evil and Mini Me one year for halloween, that's how much they look like each other.

Are you going to do a TR soon? Can't wait to hear about your vacation.

That parade looks really cute...even though I'm not familiar with all of the pixar movies.

You are so funny?!? Which Pixar movies have you seen?!? We love, love, love all of them. You need to have a pixar movie weekend asap.

Snow??? You're kidding! Isn't this early in the season for snow? Yikes. I do enjoy a white Christmas though. It's not the same without snow on Christmas.

You haven't lost me!! Even if you wanted to! :rotfl2:

I love all your pics. How do you get them to come out to clear and perfect?? Wait till you see mine. They always suck. We have a cheap camera though so I guess you get what you pay for.

I love all those pics with the Princesses. princess:

YES!! That is exactly why I hate it. I'm afriad I'm going to get sucked into riding it next week though. :eek:

Ohhhh I'm so glad you're still with me!

Yep, it snows mid october every year here. It's sorta weird coming from extreme heat in Vegas and California to Snow. I kinda miss it though and I'm looking forward to curling up with my book and cocoa this weekend.

Thanks for the photo comments, I'm glad that the majority turned out! I'm sure your photos will be fantastic.

You're a great TR writer! I just haven't had the chance to read your last two entries YET But I do love them!

SNOW!!! :scared: September and October are our good weather months. LOL Our leaves are just begining to turn... love that fall feeling :goodvibes

Awwwwww, you're so sweet.... Thank you!!!

Yep, snow!! Great excuse for me to finish reading Breaking Dawn and relax in my pjs with a cup of cocoa!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter