The BALD and the BEAUTIFUL take a road trip to see THE mouse **FINISHED**

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll go with a salad if I have no other choice. lol. I'm so burned out on salads, that's one thing I was looking forward too before we left on the trip. I could eat whaterever I wanted and wouldn't have to worry about too many greens. :) Mexican seems to be my biggest pit fall so far. We're having Mexican food tonight, plus we're going to On the Border tomorrow because my step-sister works there. :woohoo:

LOL I hear ya on being burned out on salad. That Mexican food looks so darn good!!!! Now I'm wondering where I can get some Mexican food on our DL trip. And not Rancho del Zocalo (sp?) either. I want the real deal. :rotfl2:

A live TR is pretty remarkable. I'm in awe that you find time to update it while traveling.

Random nerd reference from me. Based on observing your signature and the fact that you stayed in Park City, you were not very far away from the place where the author of Twilight went to college. (Okay, so I'm also a BYU alum and it makes me swell to see a fellow Cougar do well).

Did you read the books??

Deanna,

I saw that Ellen episode, too! My DMIL recorded it for me... she's a librarian and gets me my fix asap. I'm about to start The Host pretty soon. LOL The interview, however, was a bit Blah for my tastes. I was looking for some better gossip!

THat looks like a REALLY beautiful hotel! Thanks for posting!

Your hotel was really nice! I love it. And I love the scenic shots in the background. I'm sorry you were cold but honestly, it's nice to know somewhere it's actually Fall weather and not still in the mid 90's. :rolleyes:

Cute pics of Reya playing chess. ;)

Thanks… The Park City area is really nice, and if the weather had been warmer we would have explored it some more. But I have to admit it was nice just relaxing in our room after a long days drive though.

Reya is the cutest thing ever! She is so adorable!

Looks like you've visited some places!

I'm looking forward to reading and seeing more! :goodvibes

Thank you!!

I look forward to sharing more with you!

LOL I hear ya on being burned out on salad. That Mexican food looks so darn good!!!! Now I'm wondering where I can get some Mexican food on our DL trip. And not Rancho del Zocalo (sp?) either. I want the real deal. :rotfl2:

Have you tried Tortilla Jo’s??? I’m looking forward to some authentic Mexican food in San Diego. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmmmm

Did you read the books??

Deanna,

I saw that Ellen episode, too! My DMIL recorded it for me... she's a librarian and gets me my fix asap. I'm about to start The Host pretty soon. LOL The interview, however, was a bit Blah for my tastes. I was looking for some better gossip!

THat looks like a REALLY beautiful hotel! Thanks for posting!

Have you read the books?!?!

I’m sooooo addicted. I didn’t get to watch the entire episode, so now I’m glad I didn’t miss much. I’ll have to share the photos we took of Stephenie Meyer when we saw her in Denver.

The hotel was SUPER nice, but nothing compared to the place we stayed at in Orlando last year. I should also post those pictures just for the heck of it.

It is great to follow your TR as you are going along. I joined these boards a while ago and haven't posted much, but I am getting a LOT of ideas for our trip around Christmas/New Year (Christmas in Hawaii, NY in Las Vegas, then on to Californie, including a few days each in LA, San Diego and of course DISNEYLAND!). I definitely love looking at the photos! And I totally agree with everyone else that you have a beautiful family. I can just imagine some of the gorgeous photos you have around the house.

I can understand the trouble you may have with fast food now. I started my healthy lifestyle at the beginning of 2004 (and lost half my body weight), so have been living on fairly basic food since then. I can't remember the last time I had fast food, except a Sub now and then, and I know that the greasy and saucy food upsets my stomach a LOT. I am a little worried about how I will go on the holiday, as I don't want to be quite as strict as I have been over the past 5 years, but I also don't want to make myself sick, or put on too much weight. I am expecting to maybe put on a little, that should hopefully be easy to get off once we return, but with all the walking we plan on doing I don't expect to put on too much. If you get any good ideas along the way (like the McDs salad) please let us know.

I look forward to reading more of your adventures.

Zelma

**FYI pretty boring day, but I’ll share anyway.

September 18th- Day 2

The alarm didn’t go off this morning, and instead of waking up at 6:30 I woke up at 7:15. I guess it really wasn’t a big deal because I NEEDED the sleep. We were all ready, packed up, and Ready to go at 9:00am.

Roadtrip009-1.jpg

Roadtrip058.jpg

SALT LAKE

Roadtrip040.jpg

SALT ANYONE?!?

Roadtrip048-1.jpg

Our second stop was a rest area somewhere in Utah. Just got out and did our usual walk around.

Roadtrip051-1.jpg

Roadtrip053-1.jpg

Roadtrip056.jpg

I decided it was time for DH to do some driving since he had yet to do so. I jumped in the back to Reya and watched some monsters inc with her and did a little reading!

Roadtrip063-1.jpg

The third stop was in Wendover Nevada. ((state line))

We had yet to eat and were starving. There wasn’t much to choose from except McDonalds, Arbys, and Burger King. Ewwwwwwww. I decided on Arbys because I could get a Turkey/Bacon/Swiss wrap. ((Which I usually LOVE)) I should have walked out of the restaurant right away. The staff was unprofessional and slow. And on top of that, the place just seemed dirty. But like I said we were starving, and I didn’t know when we would come across another place to eat that wasn’t a McDonalds, so we just sucked it up and ate. Once we left DH and I made an oath never to eat at another restaurant that was attached to an gas station for the rest of our lives.

Roadtrip064-1.jpg

Our 4th and last stop was another Rest Stop somewhere in Nevada.

Roadtrip080.jpg

After we left the last rest stop we were on a mission to get to Sacramento no later then 8:00pm. Nothing interesting happened or was to be seen. Reya slept for 3 hours and I had a huge rock hit my windshield and crack it.

Roadtrip089.jpg

The rest of the drive was pretty smooth until we hit Lake Tahoe area where we ran into major construction.

We arrived at my Dad’s house at exactly 8:00 pm.

We ordered pizza and just sat around talking and catching up.

((TOLD YA NOTHING EXICTING))

Up next …………… Jelly Belly Factory and Hard Rock Café​

I haven't read the books. I have a feeling that they're not my thing.

:rotfl2: You're probably right!

It is great to follow your TR as you are going along. I joined these boards a while ago and haven't posted much, but I am getting a LOT of ideas for our trip around Christmas/New Year (Christmas in Hawaii, NY in Las Vegas, then on to Californie, including a few days each in LA, San Diego and of course DISNEYLAND!). I definitely love looking at the photos! And I totally agree with everyone else that you have a beautiful family. I can just imagine some of the gorgeous photos you have around the house.

I can understand the trouble you may have with fast food now. I started my healthy lifestyle at the beginning of 2004 (and lost half my body weight), so have been living on fairly basic food since then. I can't remember the last time I had fast food, except a Sub now and then, and I know that the greasy and saucy food upsets my stomach a LOT. I am a little worried about how I will go on the holiday, as I don't want to be quite as strict as I have been over the past 5 years, but I also don't want to make myself sick, or put on too much weight. I am expecting to maybe put on a little, that should hopefully be easy to get off once we return, but with all the walking we plan on doing I don't expect to put on too much. If you get any good ideas along the way (like the McDs salad) please let us know.

I look forward to reading more of your adventures.

Zelma

Well thank you for stopping by, I'm glad you decided to comment on my post. :hug:

Wow, your vacation sounds like so much fun. I LOVE long vacations, except I can't afford them. My wallet always suffers when I get back.

Right before I lost all my weight I bought my pants 3 sizes smaller so that I had motivation to fit into them before I left. I was terrified right before our departure because they barely fit. But somehow they feel looser now, so maybe by some miracle I've lost some weight rather then gained any on this trip so far. :yay:

I haven't read the books. I have a feeling that they're not my thing.

I'm going out on a limb BUT... I'd guess...... you're probably right... probably...... :rotfl2:

Have you read the books?!?!

I’m sooooo addicted. I didn’t get to watch the entire episode, so now I’m glad I didn’t miss much. I’ll have to share the photos we took of Stephenie Meyer when we saw her in Denver.

Yea, I balked at the first book but the next three were GREAT! It's so embarrassing though! The movie... I'm so excited! I'm going to the matinee alone. I don't want anybody there judging me for liking it! :lmao:

Actually, and this is SO sad, I haven't finished the fourth one yet as I don't want it to end. :sad2:

I got The Host (her adult novel) from the libarary and I plan on starting it today as I have to have it back in 2 weeks. If it's any good, that won't be a problem. I read book 2 in a couple days which is unheard of for me as I'm ususally too busy to do something like that. I put everything aside to listen to Bella angst it up over her lost love. :sad1:

Now with book four...everytime I get to a "Happily Ever After" part I stop reading for a few days. :lmao: I'm savoring it.

Oh man, that stinks that you got your windshield cracked!! Is it small enough that you can just get it filled?

You got some more really cute pics of Reya - I love her hat!

I bet we stopped at the same rest stop in Utah when we moved from California to Iowa. And we actually stayed the night in Wendover...at a Best Western, I think. I was not really a fan of Utah (at least not of the areas we drove through.) A lot of the places we drove through just weren't very pretty to look at until we got to Colorado.

The Marriott resort looked really nice.
I love the picture of your DH & DD from behind walking hand in hand. So cute.
Can't wait to hear about the Jelly Belly factory.....how cool. Never know what you are going to get when you read a trippie on the DIS & that is why I love reading them.:disrocks:
After seeing those books in your siggie & the comments about them, I looked at them at Barnes & Noble today....might have to read them. I am somewhat intrigued. Which is the 1st book?

You have the most beautiful pics of Reya. She is SO photegenic and you catch her at just the right times.

We'll be away for 30 days altogether, which is the longest holiday like this that I have ever taken. We weren't sure that we could afford it at first, but we have been embarrassed at the amount we could save throughout the year that we were just frittering away before. After losing weight I tended to buy clothes at every opportunity I could get, so that is where a lot of the money was going to. We have been very good this year and hopefully should be able to finish this holiday with nothing owing. I may get a credit card "just in case", but I am hoping not to need it. I have NO idea how much money to allow for 'incidentals' like food and souvenirs. We have flights, accommodation and major events (visit to Polynesian Centre in Hawaii, trip to the Grand Canyon, Disney etc tickets) covered, but I don't want to fall short with other things. I am kinda working on $300 a day for 'extras' and hope that this will be plenty. We will be eating most of our meals at the hotels, because of my sensitive stomach, but want to do a few special meals as well.
Oops... that went on a little huh? Sorry.

I am going to use you as my motivation for thinking positively about not gaining weight on this trip. If you can do such a good job, then there is no reason that I can't try to do well as well.

Sorry to hear about the windshield. It sounds as though you are doing a LOT of driving. We actually don't mind driving, but decided to fly between most of our locations this time, not knowing what the weather would be like in Dec/Jan. We have read on here that many people drive from LA to Las Vegas, and I am wondering whether we should have decided to do that, but the flights are already booked, so I think we'll just leave it at that. The flights may have turned out cheaper than car rental and gas anyway, you never know. We will be driving around LA, Anaheim and San Diego as we figured that the weather conditions would be fine there, and the drives are relatively short.

I am really enjoying reading about your travels. This board is GREAT!

Great Trippy so far!!

I'm a Bella and Edward fan too!!! I am SOOOO excited for the movie too!:)

September 19th- Day 3

I woke up around 7:15 am and we were out the door headed to the Jelly Belly Factory by 9:00am. Sadly Dad and Linda couldn’t join us on this day because they both had to work:sad: but at least we would have the evening together.

When we had arrived at Jelly Belly we were thrilled to find that there was barely anyone there. :banana: We only had a 15 minute wait for the next tour to begin. Before the start of the tour they give you these funny and extremley unflattering paper hat’s to wear. DH’s barely fit and really didn't need to wear it due to the fact that he had shaved his head that morning, but he was a good sport about it and wore it anyway. :rotfl2: And of course it was a battle to get Reya to keep hers on. :sad2:

Roadtrip055.jpg

Roadtrip041.jpg

Unfortunately, I thought the tour was extremely boring as did poor Reya. :sad1: She started to have a melt down towards the end and the only way I could get her to shut-up was to bribe her with jelly beans. :lmao:

After the FREE tour they give you a bunch of free Jelly Bellys. They also have a really great gift shop where you can fill up a bag with all of your favorite flavors for a pretty reasonable price. We really wanted to buy the Harry Potter gift box but they didn’t have any. :confused3 Not exactly sure why we wanted them because the flavors sound extremely disgusting. Some of them include.... Spinach, Earwax, Dirt, and boogers. :rotfl:

Roadtrip033.jpg

Roadtrip030.jpg

Roadtrip027.jpg

They also have a great looking Chocolate Shoppe. Regretfully I didn’t get anything. ((Really trying to be good)) But the Chocolate Witches, pumpkins, and Mint Bark looked ohhhh so good.

Roadtrip047.jpg

Roadtrip053.jpg

Roadtrip051.jpg

Once we were done shopping we decided to leave and find somewhere to eat.

Roadtrip061.jpg

Roadtrip062-1.jpg

We had decided on Hard Rock Café in Downtown Sacramento for lunch. My Dad called and said he would meet us there for lunch!! We ordered the exact same thing we always do........ The Appetizer sampler. It's the perfect size to share and it always hits the spot. It includes: Spring rolls, Hot Wings, Onion Rings, Chicken fingers, and Potato Skins. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Roadtrip082.jpg

Roadtrip075.jpg

Roadtrip078.jpg

After lunch we went shopping at the mall connected to the restaurant and walked down to the river to take a gander. Unfortunately my camera’s battery died and I didn’t get any more photos for the day. :headache:

We decided that we were pretty beat and still exhausted from the last two days of driving, so we thought it would be best just to head back home to relax and hang out to enjoy each others company. :grouphug: Linda’s DD Chelsea came over to visit and we had takeout from a local Mexican Restaurant. Everyone went to sleep pretty early except Chelsea, Dad, and I we decided to stay up and watch the original 1960 version of 13 ghosts. LOL!!! It was so freaking hilarious. I Love, Love, Love watching all those classic black and white movies.

It was a pretty great day. I really enjoy just relaxing and spending some alone time with my family, it's nice to not always be in a rush..... Especially since Disney is coming up and we're always on the go, go, go....

I can't wait though!!!:woohoo:

Up next …….. Fairytale Town and Funderland

Yea, I balked at the first book but the next three were GREAT! It's so embarrassing though! The movie... I'm so excited! I'm going to the matinee alone. I don't want anybody there judging me for liking it! :lmao:

Actually, and this is SO sad, I haven't finished the fourth one yet as I don't want it to end. :sad2:

I got The Host (her adult novel) from the libarary and I plan on starting it today as I have to have it back in 2 weeks. If it's any good, that won't be a problem. I read book 2 in a couple days which is unheard of for me as I'm ususally too busy to do something like that. I put everything aside to listen to Bella angst it up over her lost love. :sad1:

Now with book four...everytime I get to a "Happily Ever After" part I stop reading for a few days. :lmao: I'm savoring it.

Nobody will judge you for seeing it. There are soooo many of us "adults" that read and love books. They actually have a website called twilightmoms.com :thumbsup2 All of my friends and sister-in-laws are going to go see the movie together when it comes out. We're going to make it a girls-night-out. :banana: :banana:

I haven't finished reading the last book either. I'm trying to savour it because I don't want it to end. :sad: I think I'm on page 317 or something. I've been reading it a little since being on vacation.

The HOST is amazing. It was hard to understand in the beginning but it all pulls together pretty quickly. Let me know what you think of it when you're done.

Oh man, that stinks that you got your windshield cracked!! Is it small enough that you can just get it filled?

You got some more really cute pics of Reya - I love her hat!

Well we went rounds with our insurance company when we got to Sacramento. We were almost positive that it couldn't be repaired and that we would have to pay our large deductible to have it replaced. But...... luckily someone came over the day before last and repaired it with no problem. :yay:

Thanks....... It's really quite difficult to get a good picture of Reya. She never looks at the camera and usually each picture I get of her is just by chance. :rotfl2:

I bet we stopped at the same rest stop in Utah when we moved from California to Iowa. And we actually stayed the night in Wendover...at a Best Western, I think. I was not really a fan of Utah (at least not of the areas we drove through.) A lot of the places we drove through just weren't very pretty to look at until we got to Colorado.

The canyonlands/moab area is absolutley beautiful and Park City was really nice too. Otherwise not so much. Nevda wasn't such a pretty place to drive through either, and Wendover was icky. (Hope nobody here is from Wendover):rolleyes1 Colorado is really beautiful to drive though. I'm looking forward to driving back and seeing the leaves changing.

The Marriott resort looked really nice.
I love the picture of your DH & DD from behind walking hand in hand. So cute.
Can't wait to hear about the Jelly Belly factory.....how cool. Never know what you are going to get when you read a trippie on the DIS & that is why I love reading them.:disrocks:
After seeing those books in your siggie & the comments about them, I looked at them at Barnes & Noble today....might have to read them. I am somewhat intrigued. Which is the 1st book?
The marriott was pretty nice. That's our 3rd time staying so that really says something about it.

I really love that photo too of DH and DD!!! They're best buddies and so cute together.

I'm really excited to get to the Disney Portion of our trip. Thanks for being patient. I just arrived in Anaheim today. :)

Def. get the Twilight books, you won't be disapointed. They're very popular and I haven't met ONE person who hasn't like them. The first book is Twilight, Second is New Moon, Third is Eclipse, and 4th is Breaking Dawn.

Ugh, that sucks about the windshield! :headache:
Well it's all fixed now, so I'm happy.

You have the most beautiful pics of Reya. She is SO photegenic and you catch her at just the right times.

We'll be away for 30 days altogether, which is the longest holiday like this that I have ever taken. We weren't sure that we could afford it at first, but we have been embarrassed at the amount we could save throughout the year that we were just frittering away before. After losing weight I tended to buy clothes at every opportunity I could get, so that is where a lot of the money was going to. We have been very good this year and hopefully should be able to finish this holiday with nothing owing. I may get a credit card "just in case", but I am hoping not to need it. I have NO idea how much money to allow for 'incidentals' like food and souvenirs. We have flights, accommodation and major events (visit to Polynesian Centre in Hawaii, trip to the Grand Canyon, Disney etc tickets) covered, but I don't want to fall short with other things. I am kinda working on $300 a day for 'extras' and hope that this will be plenty. We will be eating most of our meals at the hotels, because of my sensitive stomach, but want to do a few special meals as well.
Oops... that went on a little huh? Sorry.

I am going to use you as my motivation for thinking positively about not gaining weight on this trip. If you can do such a good job, then there is no reason that I can't try to do well as well.

Sorry to hear about the windshield. It sounds as though you are doing a LOT of driving. We actually don't mind driving, but decided to fly between most of our locations this time, not knowing what the weather would be like in Dec/Jan. We have read on here that many people drive from LA to Las Vegas, and I am wondering whether we should have decided to do that, but the flights are already booked, so I think we'll just leave it at that. The flights may have turned out cheaper than car rental and gas anyway, you never know. We will be driving around LA, Anaheim and San Diego as we figured that the weather conditions would be fine there, and the drives are relatively short.

I am really enjoying reading about your travels. This board is GREAT!

Holy Cow.... 30 days!! How FUN!! I went on a 30 day honeymoon, it was so great.

$300.00 a day will be more then enough for spending money. We only set aside $160.00 and usually don't even spend that.

Today we took Highway 1 (coastal highway) from Monterey through Big Sir.... Was sooooo beautiful. If you get a rental car I recommend driving it.

I'm glad your liking my report. It's nice to hear. :)

Great Trippy so far!!

I'm a Bella and Edward fan too!!! I am SOOOO excited for the movie too!:)

Oh YAY!! Another Twilight fan! I really hope the movie does well.

Thanks for stopping by and reading!!

Enjoying your trip report. It's great. Wow, the line up for the Jelly Belly shop was long. Apart from rides I don't think I've ever seen a line that long!!

Hi, great update!

The Jelly Belly store is so cute. I love it. Sorry the tour wasn't as entertaining as you'd hoped. I am drooling over all those cute chocolate Halloween pumpkins and witches. Also the appetizers from Hard Rock. I love appetizers. Yummmm.

I'm glad your windshield was able to be fixed. Can't wait to hear more. :surfweb:

Always like reading about road trips. Yours sounds fun. Ours are not so much. DH drives to were we need to go and thats it. (He is a truck driver so I think that is a big part of it). We just got back from WDW. We were able to stay away from fast food. Like you we don't do fast food very often. I had bags full of food so only had to make one stop a day for food. But my kids are teens and are use to only one big meal a day and then snacks the rest. Safe driving today and can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

It's strangely exciting to see someone else's trip report from Sacramento...:confused3

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person that has never done the Jelly Belly tour, somehow I missed out on that field trip in school, and now that I see those hats, I don't think I mind. :rotfl:

It looks like you all are having a great time so far!

I've been to that Hard Rock! I feel the need to apologize for that mall though, unless they've done some major renovation in the past year...which I doubt they have!

I'm happy you were able to get your windshield fixed! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read about the next part of your trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter