• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The bald and the beautiful are going to see SNOW-WIPE AGAIN. (take two) PTR!

Found this description online "Perhaps one of the scariest roller coasters, the Stratosphere Tower, got even scarier on May 10th, 1996! While the coaster was circling the top of the 1,149 foot tower, the cylinder fell off, crashing into the observation tower. Soon after, the entire train plummeted to the ground." Nobody was mon the car that fell thank god but how they managed only minor injuries on the ground is beyond me!

There have also been minor incidents where train wheels fell and there have been 5 suicides that jumped from the tower. I therefore choose to walk on the other side of the street way too many things/people have fallen/jumped from that tower to date after many more trips to Vegas I have never been in the stratosphere or on the sidewalk in front of it.

:scared1: Very interesting. :lmao:

I know they no longer have the coaster up there. (For good reason I guess) And the coaster looked totally tame compared to the two my brother went on. Those rides hang you right over the edge. :eek: We have no plan to go back to the stratosphere this trip. I don't want to go on any of the rides and once you've seen the view, there's no reason to go again.

Here’s a few pictures from our 2006 DLR Trip…((In NO particular order))

This was Reya’s 1st Road Trip. It consisted of stops in Vegas, the Grand Canyon, San Diego, and Disneyland.

Picture11375.jpg

My Dad in the Muppets 4-D theatre

Picture11374.jpg

Reya relaxing in the comfy hotel bed at the Grand Canyon

Picture11202.jpg

Picture11214.jpg

Picture11233.jpg

Picture11247.jpg

Picture11238.jpg

Picture11242.jpg

Reya checking out the room service menu

Picture11228-1.jpg

Picture11244.jpg

Our room at the MGM

Picture11222.jpg

Picture11354.jpg

Poor DH can NEVER find a Mickey Ear hat that fits his big, fat head.

Picture11332.jpg

Hello! Your trip sounds like a good one! I Love that you are stopping along the way to take in other attractions!

The 3d movie and walk through at the M and Ms factory was gone last time I was there. I dont know if they were just remodeling it or completely removing it as the area was under construction. Since Coke factory has been just a gift shop for a really long time I sorta just assumed they were taking it out :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter