• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Bachelor - Ben??? No spoilers

I'm actually kind of bored this season and I'm not really sure why. It's feeling very predictable with Lace's character. I'm beginning to think she is a paid actress kept on to add drama. After viewing 'Unreal' I'm seeing this whole show in a different light and it's feeling more and more 'produced'. Surprise previous contestant: Check! Looney, drama queen: check! And yes to Peter Brady. I wonder if Peter Brady sees it. :)

I skimmed though this week's episode too. I was rather bored. I guess they had to get rid of Lace as they could only ride her one crazy pony act for so long. :p

I also watched UnREAL, so I view this show differently now.

In UnREAL, the girls who've been given a rose and then come back to monopolize the Bachelor's time again, are often urged to do it by the producer who is backing that girl. Sometimes, its because there really is nothing exciting happening to film & air with the current girl he's with, so they slip in one of the drama queens, to "interrupt" and take him away.

As for the real Peter Brady, Christopher Knight, he was on a few reality TV shows. He apparently had a really screwed up childhood. His father was a struggling actor who forced Christopher to do The Brady Bunch, to basically save the family from starving. Back in those day, they didn't have the child actor laws they have today, which puts the child actor's income into a trust, so the parents don't spend it all. Having the Burden of being their family's income really screwed up his idea of what a functional family is, and has admitted that's why he's had 3 failed marriages.

His last marriage was to the first winner of America's Next Top Model. He met her on one of the reality TV shows he was on. They got married and had a spin-off reality show about them. Just like other reality TV show couples, who live is under a TV microscope, their marriage ended, along with the show. :sad2:

I thought I saw major sparks between Ben and Lauren B. The way he looked at her was adorable.

Twitter comments were hysterical last night, especially about Olivia and the "signals" Ben is giving her. Someone wrote, "My boyfriend just stood up and he didn't push off of my leg. I wonder what I did wrong?"

And the way Olivia stole Ben away to complain about her cankles, seconds after he said two family friends has passed away?

Twitter comments were hysterical last night, especially about Olivia and the "signals" Ben is giving her. Someone wrote, "My boyfriend just stood up and he didn't push off of my leg. I wonder what I did wrong?"

:laughing: We were commenting about that too!
"Well, what about the other girl's leg he pushed off of?"

And what does that say about the fart in the hot tub?
Now there's a signal if I ever saw one!

I thought it was silly and insensitive when Olivia was talking about her cankles right after Ben told them about his loss, BUT I also wonder if that wasn't some funky editing done to make it look like she was talking about her cankles when actually she was talking about his loss. They seemed to splice some things together.

I just caught up on Monday's episode last night. Wow, Jubilee got some serious screen time! My biggest question of the night is, do they ALWAYS have a masseuse table there, or did Jubilee have an ESP moment to know Ben was going to be dealing with a loss and need a massage? Did she call to have one delivered during the cocktail party? I think it was a terrific idea, and I think she thinks she REALLY , REALLY likes him (I am not so sure he is the best match for her, just since she seems more of a "do-er", the one with more passion for life than Ben does~if that makes sense~and I think she would feel held back or bored by him in time)) but inquiring minds want to know just how that massage idea came about.:rolleyes1

I just caught up on Monday's episode last night. Wow, Jubilee got some serious screen time! My biggest question of the night is, do they ALWAYS have a masseuse table there, or did Jubilee have an ESP moment to know Ben was going to be dealing with a loss and need a massage? Did she call to have one delivered during the cocktail party? I think it was a terrific idea, and I think she thinks she REALLY , REALLY likes him (I am not so sure he is the best match for her, just since she seems more of a "do-er", the one with more passion for life than Ben does~if that makes sense~and I think she would feel held back or bored by him in time)) but inquiring minds want to know just how that massage idea came about.:rolleyes1

Nothing on this show is ever a mystery. The producers provide all the drama. All they do is point the (somewhat willing) women in the right direction. "Hey Jubilee, he looks stressed....why don't you offer to give him a massage." The amazing thing, to me, is that these women allow themselves to be manipulated in the way they do. Like, have they NEVER watched this show? LOL.

Nothing on this show is ever a mystery. The producers provide all the drama. All they do is point the (somewhat willing) women in the right direction. "Hey Jubilee, he looks stressed....why don't you offer to give him a massage." The amazing thing, to me, is that these women allow themselves to be manipulated in the way they do. Like, have they NEVER watched this show? LOL.
Then the other girls were just not go-getter's, lol. They were just pouting that Jubilee had a better plan of action than they did. I give Emily props for her goalie skills/effort..she should have gotten a rose just for that. I know another girl hurt her knee, but Emily was channeling her inner Hope Solo lol

I don't think Amber did herself any favours the way she spoke to Jubilee in front of Ben.

I was waiting for Ben to say to Amber, "Seriously? You girls are bullying Jubilee because she made a joke before getting on the plane with me? GROW UP!"

I skimmed though this week's episode too. I was rather bored. I guess they had to get rid of Lace as they could only ride her one crazy pony act for so long. :p.... :sad2:
....I thought that I was the only one....

I was waiting for Ben to say to Amber, "Seriously? You girls are bullying Jubilee because she made a joke before getting on the plane with me? GROW UP!"
....can someone please explain why they thought it was so offensive? Am I missing something? :confused3

....can someone please explain why they thought it was so offensive? Am I missing something? :confused3
I think she's just abrasive and moody with the other girls. And she came across to me as foolish with her comments when Ben arrived. But to confront her about it was just plain silly.

I don't know. I must've missed it too.

When I realized it was Monday and The Bachelor was going to be on, I thought to myself UGH. And yet, here I am watching. :scared::confused3:laughing:

I haven't watched many of these shows but I do manage to tune in a couple of times on a few seasons. I have a question--when one of the girls is talking to the bachelor and another girl interrupts to "steal" him, is the first girl required to leave and give the time to the new girl?

I haven't watched many of these shows but I do manage to tune in a couple of times on a few seasons. I have a question--when one of the girls is talking to the bachelor and another girl interrupts to "steal" him, is the first girl required to leave and give the time to the new girl?

I don't know but I wish when Olivia interrupts they would JUST SAY NO.

I just read that Emily broke her thumb on the soccer date. I guess I missed that while zipping through the episode.

I don't think they have to leave, but I suppose it would come across as smothering and possessive to the guy to say, "No, I'm not going anywhere, this is my man!" :hyper:

The producers approached the girls and said "Ladies, Jubilee just insulted you." They disagreed, but the producers told them they'd get more face time if they thought they were insulted.

Or something like that.
Or maybe not at all. But it seems plausible.

Olivia is a drama llama.

But apparently not a sex panther.

I just read that Emily broke her thumb on the soccer date. I guess I missed that while zipping through the episode.

Ah. I was wondering what happened too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter