The "B" Bunch - Day Five

figmentvi

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Lightning Rod Extra
Cast:

Me – Obsessed with Walt Disney World
Chuck – Puts up with my obsession
Holly – Oldest daughter, has been the beneficiary of my obsession most of her life
Tim – Dear son-in-law, Army soldier recently returned from a year in Korea
Andrea – Youngest daughter, also beneficiary of my obsession, became known as the “fast pass girl” this trip.
Sydney – Hula Hula girl, 3 year old Granddaughter

December 12 – Tuesday

Today is the day that I have been looking forward to the whole trip. I had signed Sydney up for Grand Adventures in Cooking at the Grand Floridian. This is the kids’ last day and Tim and Andrea had yet to do RNR yet, so they headed over to MGM. We made sure that they knew to be back at GF by 11:45 for Sydney’s debut as a chef. Holly, Chuck and I took the bus from WL to the TTC and hopped on the resort monorail to the GF. The class began at 10:00 am. We arrived a little early, so we wandered a little and admired the GF Lobby with its magnificent tree and unbelievable gingerbread house. We dropped Sydney off at the Mousekateer’s Club promptly at 10:00 where she was joined by 4 or 5 other little children. The chef and his assistants told us to return around 11:45. At that time the little chefs will be paraded into the lobby to give out their freshly baked goodies. Once inside, Sydney was given a chef’s hat and apron to decorate and wear.

Well with 1.75 hours to kill, we decided to hop on the monorail over to the Poly and go to the Kona Café for some of the Tonga Toast that I heard so much about. We had a wonderful breakfast (great coffee, I wonder what time they open?). The Tonga Toast was HUGE, but delightful. By the way during our breakfast, the sky opened up and just poured. We were a little concerned for Tim and Andrea.

After breakfast, we wandered through the gift shop. Chuck bought yet another Hawaiian shirt (he loves ‘em) and I just couldn’t resist buying Sydney a little bikini with a grass skirt and lei.

Back to the GF, we were a little concerned when we walked in and could not find Tim and Andrea. The chefs’ big entrance was about to begin. Finally we spotted them just as the little ones were entering the lobby. I can’t even begin to tell you how cute they were with their little chef’s hats and aprons. Needless to say Holly and I were again blubbering away. They handed out the yummy chocolate chip cookies they had baked to anyone who wanted one. None of the little chef’s were shy and they were very generous with their cookies. Sydney just jabbered away about how much fun she had. This little adventure was more than worth the $15.00 it cost to participate. Highly, highly recommended.

After the cooking class, I presented Sydney with her grass skirt and she immediately began dancing around the GF lobby saying “ I’m a hula hula girl”. Now you know how she got her nickname.

The kids went back to MK for more; Grandma and Grandpa went back to the room for more sleep.
We all agreed on a meeting spot in Epcot for Illuminations that night.

After a well deserved rest, Chuck and I headed to Epcot. We stopped in Innoventions and went through the “Home of the Future”. That was very cool. What was really neat was that a lot of the items in the house are available (although costly) now. Including Sparky, the robot dog that Chuck wants.

Next we made our way to World Showcase and UK (meeting spot with kids). Since Chuck and I really like just sitting, drinking Bass Ales and people watching, we decided to get a ringside seat for Illuminations on the terrace connected to the Rose and Crown. I got Fish and Chips from the takeout counter and thus we began our vigil. During our waiting time, TON started right in front of the Rose and Crown. We had an excellent viewing spot and I became completely enchanted with TON. The music, the design and movement of the puppets were beautiful. The interaction with little children along the route was magical. We sat there and took turns holding a table and chairs from 7:00 pm until 9:30 pm. Before the kids got there, Chuck went to catch another performance of Off Kilter. After the kids got there, we babysat Sydney while they went to do TT again. I walked to France, got coffees and French Pastries and of course we had a few more Bass Ales and just had a blast talking to the people around us.

Soon enough it was time for Illuminations and we had the perfect spot. I was a little upset with a group of people standing behind us that were loud and boisterous. But, a little “I could become a mass murderer real quick” look from me and they quieted down. Illuminations was fabulous as always. I do miss the lasers from the buildings though.

Well let’s not fight the crowd and have another Bass Ale. We took our time walking back to the bus stops and really enjoyed the kids last night in WDW.

Tomorrow – Good-byes and Boo Hoos

Thanks so much for telling us about the Grand Adventures in Cooking. I'm sure that there are lots of people with little ones who will love reading about that. Hope you took lots of pictures!

hipgrl1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

DD did the pirate cruise which she enjoyed. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter