The AquaDuck looks awesome, but ...

kovets

Mouseketeer
I am very concerned with the how long the line will be.

With over 5000 passengers and just one AquaDuck slide, I am sure the wait will regularly be over an hour.

For RCL passengers who have sailed the Freedom class, how long is the typical wait for the Flowrider?

I am very concerned with the how long the line will be.

With over 5000 passengers and just one AquaDuck slide, I am sure the wait will regularly be over an hour.

For RCL passengers who have sailed the Freedom class, how long is the typical wait for the Flowrider?

Someone needs a fast-pass!!! I agree.

We do not know the opening times, lets assume 8am>12 midnight, but still there will be long lines, and for safety will they allow the next to go, until the previous has completed their run?

No, I don't think it will have hour long lines.

There are so many other activities on the ship that will spread people out.

When they plan the cruise ships they statistically know that x number of people will do activities at a certain time.

BUT If I go on the Dream I'll probably wear my bathing suit under my clothes so I can get on the Aquaduck right when I get on the ship :rotfl2:

I'm guessing more folks will stay on board in Nassau to ride the Aquaduck a few more times (at least we will). On the at sea day, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a long wait especially since adults can ride as well.

I have been of both the Liberty of the Seas and the Freedom of the seas and the flowrider line is usually about 20 minutes on a sea day. Its not that bad. The flowrider hours are some what limited though, I think the Aqua Duck will have much more expansive hours. Consider too of those 5000 on the ship how many are either too young, too old or are pregnant or have a medical condition that would prohibit them from going. I know my 7 year old would be too scared to do it, my 3 year old probably too young and I would need to stay out to supervise them so right there there are 3 of us out. I think you will be pleasantly surpised the line won't be that long.

I have been of both the Liberty of the Seas and the Freedom of the seas and the flowrider line is usually about 20 minutes on a sea day. Its not that bad. The flowrider hours are some what limited though, I think the Aqua Duck will have much more expansive hours. Consider too of those 5000 on the ship how many are either too young, too old or are pregnant or have a medical condition that would prohibit them from going. I know my 7 year old would be too scared to do it, my 3 year old probably too young and I would need to stay out to supervise them so right there there are 3 of us out. I think you will be pleasantly surpised the line won't be that long.
This is what I was thinking as well. When I was looking at it online, I noticed that it says it is intended for kids and adults 48" and above - that cuts out a lot of kiddos!!

Platinum Castaway Club members and concierge will receive automatic front-of-the-line passes.

:stir::stir::stir::stir::stir:

I'm KIDDING! Just a little sick Halloween humor.

This is what I was thinking as well. When I was looking at it online, I noticed that it says it is intended for kids and adults 48" and above - that cuts out a lot of kiddos!!

The littler kids still have their exclusive Mickey slide!

5000 passengers on the Dream? That's the highest number I've seen.

Then you cut out everyone under 48" tall, everyone hanging in the adults only areas, everyone who decides that they are "too old," "too chicken," or whatever else. I think it will be busy, but not crazy. They actually might need some sort of a system of giving each guest who fits the requirements a limited number of passes for it initially...just a thought.

The Disney Dream is the majestic third ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet. Boasting 14 towering decks, a ship length of 1,115 feet and a maximum width of 125 feet, the 128,000-ton vessel includes 1,250 staterooms and has the capacity to comfortably accommodate 4,000 passengers—along with the over 1,458 Crew Members who tend to the needs of every cruise Guest each and every day.

Comfortably accommodate 4,000.

But we know people who go to WDW and DCL, they love a challenge, if Palo has limited availability they will devise any strategy to be there first, Limited pins on the Panama cruise, or even forward viewing on Panama, and not to mention Cinderellas Royal Table at MK. Organised with strategies, wearing extra socks to met the high requirement, or no shoes to be under it.

Nearly every able bodied person will want to ride it, with the one main slide I think there will be a queue.

Booed my fastpass now.

It will be interesting to see how they handle it - we were on RCCL last week and our DS did the FlowRider. We had to sign a waiver and then he got a wristband. Then each day he wanted to do it, he had to go sign up early in the day and get a daily color-coded wrist band. They did have limited hours - more hours on sea days, but early morning and late afternoon on port days. You figure folks go two at a time on the AquaDuck, but I imagine for some folks, once will be enough. I would expect the tweens to be the most active users.

It will be interesting to see how they handle it - we were on RCCL last week and our DS did the FlowRider. We had to sign a waiver and then he got a wristband. Then each day he wanted to do it, he had to go sign up early in the day and get a daily color-coded wrist band. They did have limited hours - more hours on sea days, but early morning and late afternoon on port days. You figure folks go two at a time on the AquaDuck, but I imagine for some folks, once will be enough. I would expect the tweens to be the most active users.

That sounds logical and with only one major slide ( Mickey slide different league) I bet something like that would come in.

Just think it wont be boarding cards, getting No 2, but, getting the earliest colour wristband!

That sounds logical and with only one major slide ( Mickey slide different league) I bet something like that would come in.

Just think it wont be boarding cards, getting No 2, but, getting the earliest colour wristband!

oh, the color-coded wristbands were just a different color each day - not different colors on each day. Once you got a wristband on a specific day, you could use the flowrider for the whole day (at least the hours it was open). So not quite the rush to get the wristbands :)

Sorry, just my opinion, but from the artist's rendering -- I hate the way the slide looks. Many questions come to mind -- like how it is going to affect the overall majestic beauty of the ship we have come to know from the Magic and Wonder. Disney has been praised over the years for the beautiful construction and design of their ships -- I fear the slide might make it look cheap. How is it going to look when in port? :confused3 And how in the heck are they going to keep it clean :lmao:

It looks like fun, however the graphics of what the ride will look like must be giving nightmares to the ship's designer. I really think it will ruin the lines of the ship, my opinion, but am I the only one that sees this? I think they probably should have come up with some other concept after all it is a ship and not Disney World, again this is just my opinion.

after all it is a ship

You couldn't have said it any better. Every so often I read a post about how DCL is falling behind other cruise lines that have wave pools, rock climbing walls, golfing, etc. on their ships and Disney has nothing to compare. So...DCL proposes their attraction - AquaDuck. Personally, I like it. I try not to put too much hope on artist renderings though because I know that plans change often. Nonetheless, I think this was a great move by the company to try and give us something new and exciting.

But as you stated, it is only a ship. If I wanted to go on a "FloRider" of sorts, I'd go to Typhoon Lagoon. If I wanted to climb rock walls, I'd stay home and do it at my local Lifetime Fitness. Ice skating? The Galleria Mall in Dallas has a neat ice rink where I could skate while DW shopped. If I wanted to hit golf balls...I'd wake myself up because it would be only in my dreams that I'd be playing that boring "game". While I am somewhat excited about AquaDuck, I am just more excited about the idea of having another Disney ship to cruise. I go on cruises to...well, cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter