The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

Hi,

Does anyone know the current turn-around time for apply for a AP via post please?. Leaving the UK on July 30th, and thinking that despite that still being 5 weeks away, this is perhaps a little too short to receive the AP's before I leave.

Anyone know?

Thank you

Iain.

I wouldn't risk that. It always takes longer from my expierence. I would'nt apply through post if you are shorter than 2 months before traveling. Just renew the pass in the park at BPA if you are unsure! :)

Does anyone know if the Francilien APs are still available for non-French people? I know in the past it wasn't a problem but a friend of mine tried to purchase one at DLP and they told him in the office that he had no French address so they couldn't issue one. The Francilien AP would be a cheaper option for us for out trip in Sept. than regular tix and would also give us the option to stay onside with the discount.

Franciliens are for anyone wether they live in France or not. Don't forget though that you can't use it on the 2nd and 3rd day after buying it. You would have to do something else and come back on the 4th day. Even if you stay on site you can't get round this.

The only way is to order them by post and then the 2nd/3rd day after purchase has been and gone by the time they get to you.

Hi guys! For the first time I'm hoping to renew my AP this year (I've had more than one over the years, but always with a gap in between). There's a brilliant offer on right now for 6 months extra free when you renew, but it is only applicable to APs that expire before 2 Nov. Mine expires on 14 Nov :(
Based on previous experience, is another offer likely to come up that will help me? Or is this a bit of a one off?

Edited to add: I'll be in the park on 23 October and was thinking of just heading to the AP office and asking if there are any offers available...good idea?

Hi guys! For the first time I'm hoping to renew my AP this year (I've had more than one over the years, but always with a gap in between). There's a brilliant offer on right now for 6 months extra free when you renew, but it is only applicable to APs that expire before 2 Nov. Mine expires on 14 Nov :(
Based on previous experience, is another offer likely to come up that will help me? Or is this a bit of a one off?

Edited to add: I'll be in the park on 23 October and was thinking of just heading to the AP office and asking if there are any offers available...good idea?

As far as I know, the promotion of getting 1,5 years for the price of 1 year when renewing has been there for a few years and isn't going to stop anytime soon. I don't think there is and will be any other type of promotion. Most of the time I have renewed through post and I never "asked" for the 1,5 year promotion, but always got it. When renewing in the park, in depends on which cast member you get. My expierence is that some of them really have no clue what they are doing and they don't know any details such as these. So that's kind of a fuss to get things done.

Since you can renew your AP from 1 month before the expiring date, I would recommend you renew through post and send it like the 14th of October. That way, the 14th of October will be the date you signed the paperwork and so that is within the 1 month before ending AND you will be in time for the promotion (just in case it is ending 2 November). Send it with tracking and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Franciliens are for anyone wether they live in France or not. Don't forget though that you can't use it on the 2nd and 3rd day after buying it. You would have to do something else and come back on the 4th day. Even if you stay on site you can't get round this.

The only way is to order them by post and then the 2nd/3rd day after purchase has been and gone by the time they get to you.

We've had Franciliens in the past so we know about the 2nd/3rd day. We always bought them by post. I just read up on this and I think the person in the AP office at DLP was mistaking the Francilien for that older AP that was only available to local French citizens which was called the same? Or my friend went in and said he wanted the French AP instead of the Francilien. Wouldn't put it past him. Just wanted to make sure!

As far as I know, the promotion of getting 1,5 years for the price of 1 year when renewing has been there for a few years and isn't going to stop anytime soon. I don't think there is and will be any other type of promotion. Most of the time I have renewed through post and I never "asked" for the 1,5 year promotion, but always got it. When renewing in the park, in depends on which cast member you get. My expierence is that some of them really have no clue what they are doing and they don't know any details such as these. So that's kind of a fuss to get things done.

Since you can renew your AP from 1 month before the expiring date, I would recommend you renew through post and send it like the 14th of October. That way, the 14th of October will be the date you signed the paperwork and so that is within the 1 month before ending AND you will be in time for the promotion (just in case it is ending 2 November). Send it with tracking and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Thanks so much, great advice - I'll follow it and avoid going to the office in the park. Do you need to send your current AP away to get it renewed? I don't want to risk not having it back in time for my day trip on 23rd October.
Brilliant news that the offer runs pretty much all the time, I'm not so worried about missing out now. I've just booked a spntaneous girly trip to DLP in February so I definitely need another AP now!!

Thanks so much, great advice - I'll follow it and avoid going to the office in the park. Do you need to send your current AP away to get it renewed? I don't want to risk not having it back in time for my day trip on 23rd October.
Brilliant news that the offer runs pretty much all the time, I'm not so worried about missing out now. I've just booked a spntaneous girly trip to DLP in February so I definitely need another AP now!!

You're welcome! :goodvibes

You don't have to send your current AP away. I always send a copy of it with the paperwork, just to be sure. On the paperwork where you request for a new AP or renewal of a current AP, you have to state your current AP number too (stated as "no. adherent"), so that way they can find your current data. You also don't have to send a new photo if you like the one on your currect AP: they will use that one again if you don't send a new one. ;)

Hi

Is their much difference between the dream and fantasy pass except block out dates and least discount in shop? Also where would I find a sponsor? Sorry for so many questions

Hi

Is their much difference between the dream and fantasy pass except block out dates and least discount in shop? Also where would I find a sponsor? Sorry for so many questions

Here is the official page at disneylandparis.fr:
http://www.disneylandparis.fr/passeports-annuels/les-passeports-annuels/

The differences:
  • Dream gives you 365 days enterance, Fantasy 330 days
  • Dream gives you 20% discount in shops, Fantasy 10%
  • Both give you 10% discount in restaurants
  • Dream gives a standard of 35% discount on hotels, Fantasy 25%
  • Both give 20% discount on Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show
  • Dream gives 20% discount on tickets for your friends, Fantasy 10%
  • Dream gives 30% discount on special event tickets (Halloween)
  • With both you can use the parking for free
  • With both you can use the Extra Magic Hours
  • With Dream you get a free non-alcoholic apperatif
  • Photopass+ for a year: with Dream €39,99, with Fantasy €44,99
  • With Dream you get invitations to special events
There is a thread here to find sponsors (both receiving discount or giving discount):
http://disboards.com/threads/sponsorship-of-annual-passports.1104480/
To GIVE discount to someone, your AP should be active for at least 1 month.

Quick question... I will be purchasing a Dream annual pass on my visit next weekend... I expect, being the bank holiday weekend, its going to be busy... Since Dream includes EMH, is it possible to turn up early in the morning for EMH and purchase an annual pass at the gate during EMH? Or will the ticket booths remain closed until the normal park opening hours?

If it isn't possible to purchase during EMH, can anyone suggest the most effective way to do this on a (likely busy) Saturday morning?

:thanks:

Hi, we are arriving about 7ish in the morning on Saturday 7th Nov and we are looking at buying annual passes (dream).

What time can I buy my annual pass from? Will the ticket booth be open for me to buy the passes at 8am and then get inside for EMH and get the passes converted from paper to the photo card.

Thanks

Phil

Just wanted to report back on our AP experience.

We ended up buying day tickets and exchanging them in the park at the Annual Pass office, we did this on Sunday 25/10/15 so half term and a weekend!! We were done in under 90 minutes the process was very easy once there.

At the turnstiles they didn't seem to know exactly how the AP discounts worked and told us because we had different surnames we couldn't get the family discount and also that we couldn't stack shareholders discount with the family, both incorrect and we were able to buy our Dream passes with no problems for about €150 each once in the park at the AP office.

We also took up the annual pass photo pass offer so we now have passes and photos paid for the year ahead. Thanks for everyone's advice on here.

hi. Were you able to get full credit for your day pass? Can you use the day ticket and then decide whether to convert to an annual pass later that day or do you need to do it as soon as you enter?

You can convert it as long as the annual passport office is open that day. You will get full credit. Or you can do as I do. I pay for the annual passport at the ticket counter and get a temporary passport. I do still have to convert it to a real annual passport that day.

Hi,

We're travelling to DLP in 2 weeks and are looking to go down the annual pass route. There will be 5 of us (4A+1C) all same surname, but 2 addresses. Does anyone know if we can get the 20% discount?
Also, do all the passes have to be the same? We were thinking about 4 fantasy, 1 dream - to get the increased benefits of dream (predominantly either a free stroller or wheelchair as required) - would we still get the 20% of the 5 though?
Finally, we are shareholders as well and it seems a bit 'fuzzy' as to whether we would a. get a discount on 5 AP's, due to 2 addresses, or b, if we could, would they be further discounted on the original 20%. Potentially 35% off 5 AP's.

No matter what happens, we'll still have a great time though - and I'll update this question when we get back to see how we got on (assuming no-one on here can answer this)

TIA
Garry

So we have booked a trip to DLP for 20th December and we are wanting to get the annual passes.
There is just myself and my partner. Am i right in thinking we can get the Fantasy passes and still be ok to enter the parks 20th-24th? Its the one below that where you have to wait a certain number of days before you go us right?
We should get there about 1pm on the Monday so where would we go to buy the annual passes? Can it be done at the front gates or do you have to go in?
Thank you! So looking forward to some Christmas Magic at Disney!

So we have booked a trip to DLP for 20th December and we are wanting to get the annual passes.
There is just myself and my partner. Am i right in thinking we can get the Fantasy passes and still be ok to enter the parks 20th-24th? Its the one below that where you have to wait a certain number of days before you go us right?
We should get there about 1pm on the Monday so where would we go to buy the annual passes? Can it be done at the front gates or do you have to go in?
Thank you! So looking forward to some Christmas Magic at Disney!

Yes, you can use them straight away :)

You can buy normal tickets at the gate, then go to the AP office (next to Discoveryland), and buy your APs there, the price of your entry tickets will be discounted from the AP price. The office closes at 6 I think, so don't leave it until too late!

You can also buy a temporary AP at the gates (not sure if all ticket booths do this), but you still need to go to the AP office to get the final passports.

You should check if someone from the forum is going on those dates and can sponsor you for the APs, you'll get a discount!!

just buy an annual pass at the gate, you take your ticket to the passport office and they exchange it. Took about 10-15 mins to do and was really easy.

Yes: if you go in with a day ticket and then upgrade to any annual pass at Bureau Passeport Annuel, you can stay in the park. ;) But if you buy the annual pass BEFORE you go (through mail for example), you can't get in on a block day. With the exception when you stay in a Disney hotel, because then your annual pass will be valid even on block days. You will have to show your hotel easy card at the enterance.
Ooh, this is interesting? I've just started to look into the possibility of APs for myself and DH for next year and thought I'd have to go for a Dream as we would go mid week, and a lot of the week's we'd choose seem to have a weekday blocked out. I liked the idea of % off the hotel stay so we would still stay onsite. I didn't see this info anywhere though that we could still get in on BO days if we were staying on site?

The other question I have is if I order the AP online or by phone, and get a temporary one till I show up is that enough to be able to prebook the hotel and get the discount? Because obviously I wouldn't want to book full price and then get the passes at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!