The Angelini's are Live from the French Quarter!

TempleOT

Mouseketeer
Welcome to our May 9-16, 2015 Disney World vacation and my very first trip report! We are the Angelini's from Langhorne, PA:
Myself (Deidre), my hubby (Mike, cast member--director for WPVI 6 ABC), our daughter Hope (8) and our son Blake (5). I am so excited to share our trip with you, and I will do my best to post as many pics as possible!

After finally getting on the road (after a MAC and gas pit stop--was supposed to do that yesterday!), and way too much traffic on 95S (down to one lane to fix potholes!?!) we finally got to Philly Int'l with time to spare for our 1:10pm flight. We arrived at MCO at 3:30pm and arrived at POFQ at 5:15pm via the Magical Express.

This is our first stay at POFQ. We had requested a first floor room in building 5......they attempted to give us a second floor in building 7.....hubby negotiated a second floor in building 2. We lucked out--a corner room that's close to the pool and food court, sweet!
image.jpg

Last edited:
After finding our room, we stopped at Sassagoula Floatworks for a bite to eat. Sorry, I forgot to take pics as I was starving. I got the baked potato with cheese/bacon/broccoli and a side salad--nice and simple. Hubby got the chicken Alfredo pasta with a breadstick, which he deemed "good", and the kiddos both got pepperoni pizza meals, which were your average kids pizza meal.

Now, we stopped by the pool for a dip!
image.jpg

Hey I'm here to follow along!! We will be staying at POFQ in October so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

Welcome Kathy!

Getting ready to wrap up our pool time....some pics.....
image.jpg
The fun water slide
image.jpg
Water sprayers over the pool
image.jpg
Loving the pool!

Last edited:

Very interested to follow along since we check into POFQ on Friday!

Hoping your trip is filled with pixie dust and magic!

Following as well. We stayed at POFQ last August and are going back in 39 days! Hope you have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

Hello Everyone!

So, for anyone who is wondering about having water delivered, I had 2 cases of water delivered to our resort via Staples for $14 with free delivery with no issues. It was delivered on Thursday and was waiting for us upon check in.

My sweet hubby, Mike, had these delivered to our room:

After the kiddos went to bed last night, Mike decided to go to Downtown Disney to locate the Hess everyone talks about. The reviews he had read said it was the second bus stop, but with all the construction, it turns out there's only one bus stop. So he had farther to walk but did find it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Today was our first day at MK. We missed rope drop unfortunately--one day we'll make it,lol--but got there by 9:20. They were giving out flowers to all the moms for. Mothers Day:
image.jpg
Here's me and the kids.

Our first fast pass was for Peter Pan at 9:05, so we did right away. We then walked over to:
image.jpg
Which had a 5 minute wait. The kids LOVED this show:
image.jpg
As soon as the show was over, we went to our second fast pass for:
image.jpg
It was our first time riding and it, and I really enjoyed it. Hope was apprehensive and then said when it was over, "mommy, that was surprisingly fun!" LOL! I liked the inside of the mine, and how you could see the shadows of the dwarves marching rough the mine. And I thought there was a decent amount of speed to it.

After the mine train, we went to the Haunted Mansion, as it had a 10 minute wait. Right after the ride started it stopped and we sat there for at least 5 minutes, while the loud speaker said some ghosts had delayed us....I was worried my son, who was very unsure of the ride and was in the next car over, had decided to bail. Thank good ness I was wrong! Not sure what happened though. Then, we went over to my daughter's favorite ride:
image.jpg
The Teacups, which had a 10 minute wait. The kids also really loved this one. Somehow I managed not to get super dizzy!

After the teacups, we had 10 minutes to kill before our next fast pass, so we did this:
image.jpg
My daughter has a pressed penny collection she started on our last trip, and is all about stopping for them whenever she spies them (that's my son in the pic). Then it was finally time for our third fast pass at:
image.jpg
Tomorrow land Speedway! This was my hubby's pick. Somehow, in all the times I've gone to WDW, I have never done this one. I did the gas pedal while my daughter drove and basically gave me whiplash, ugh! A rough ride for sure!

Next up, lunch!

Last edited:
I LOVE the speedway! At first my DD didn't want to go on it because she thought she would have to drive and didn't want to...but when I told her I could drive she thought it would be fun. We still got whiplash lol. It's not exactly like driving a read car lol. Glad your DD liked 7DMT though!! And so cute that they gave flowers to the moms today!

So I sought out Columbia Harbour House for lunch, after reading so many great things here. I had hopes that it would be quieter than the other venues....not so unfortunately. It was a mob scene and it took quite a while of hunting before I could find a vacant table.

I had the....
image.jpg
Litehouse sandwich, which was every bit as good as people have mentioned here. Yum! Really enjoyed it.

My son had....
image.jpg
The kids chicken nugget meal. I liked that one of the options for sides was yogurt. He cleaned his plate, lol. My daughter had the kids Mac n cheese, and my hubby had the lobster roll, which he said was tasty. He was so discouraged by the ordering process/mob scene that he encouraged me to make a sit down meal reservation for our next lunch. I talked him out of it though--I don't think I could eat table service twice in a day, plus it takes up a lot of time.

Did you go upstairs at Columbia Harbor House? It's usually much quieter up there--I think some people don't even know there's a second floor!

I'll second the Staples water thing. We did it last year and it worked great! Although I have heard they now have cases in some of the resort gift shops at reasonable prices. If you happen to be in the shop at all could you let us know?

We LOVE POFQ and can't wait for our return trip this August!

So while we were eating, we tried to make more fast passes from our cell phones, but of course we were unsuccessful. So, we hunted down a fast pass kiosk, where we made 1 more fast pass--the magic carpets of Aladdin.
image.jpg
We quickly rode that, then went right back to the kiosk to make another one for Dumbo. While we were waiting for our Dumbo time to come up, we went to see the Enchanted Tiki Room...it was cute, the kids enjoyed it, and best of all, it was dark and air conditioned! It was pretty hot today--got up to about 92 I believe--fortunately it wasn't terribly humid and the crowds weren't bad. Then it was on to Dumbo. By the time we got through that ride, the kids were beat and a bit cranky, so we went back to the room to rest and get ready for Mothers Day dinner.

Did you go upstairs at Columbia Harbor House? It's usually much quieter up there--I think some people don't even know there's a second floor!

I'll second the Staples water thing. We did it last year and it worked great! Although I have heard they now have cases in some of the resort gift shops at reasonable prices. If you happen to be in the shop at all could you let us know?

We LOVE POFQ and can't wait for our return trip this August!
Yes I actually started the search upstairs, but it was packed! I will check the gift shop for you for the water.

I have to say, POFQ really is a beautiful resort. I know a lot of people say that, but I didn't believe it until we got here. I really do love it here! Some pics.....
image.jpg
...cool statue by the pool.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 22
So so happy to hear how much you are liking POFQ!! I can't wait to be there!! I wish you could make the 4th FP+ from your phone...sigh...I guess just another way of Disney trying to make it look like they are giving you another perk only...you have to go wait in line for it...sigh. Oh well..you seem to have done well with the time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter