THE AMAZING RACE #19 official thread. No Spoilers!! Premieres Sept. 25

I loved watching the girls get so excited about the elephants, and doing their extra task of washing them and scooping the poop. Their squeals of glee were so endearing. I was sad to see them go last night. :(

As far as Tommy and Andy being disrespectful, I didn't think they were except for saying it in front of a local. They shouldn't have said it so she could hear. But as a Christian myself I would be uncomfortable with all the buddahs as well. I would try to show tolerance and respect though. I still like them a lot and would love to see them win. And I'm glad to see the older couple is doing much better. Like another team said, "don't let them fool you." :)

There really is no team that I just cannot stand this year. The only one I don't care much for is the brother/sister team that argue so much. They can go home next. :)

I thought Zach's Dad was pretty stupid, not wanting to take the time to really study the religious item they had to take apart. Then what he said when Zach went back to look at one so he could figure out how to set it back up. I felt sorry for Zach.

I mentioned to DH that I really like how the teams this season are willing to help and at least encourage each other. Of course the cut throat back stabbing teams are probably better for ratings.

Loving the snowboarders and the football player and his wife. Actually like all of them but the cranky whiny brother sister team.

Still not sure about the mat thing? I was looking and some sort of stepped on the edge but nothing like we have seen in previous seasons. Maybe Phil got tired of having the stinky, sweaty, mucked up contestants that close to him!

This season doesn't - so far - seem to have the snarkyness to it that past season have had. Marcus and Amani have been my favs since the start.

Oh, and I loved how excited the twins were washing the elephants and scooping the poop. :happytv: I didn't really like them so much before, but did tonight. I was glad they got to stick around for one more leg, that they enjoyed so much.

They were so jonesing for that speed bumb. The baby elephants were just too cute!!! While the poop scooping, I could have passed on, bathing them would have been a blast.

I just watched my DVR and wrote down what the teams said. It's clear that Tommy and Andy and Jennifer and Justin were asked the same question off camera.

Tommy and Andy

Tommy: Andy and I are both Christians and it's been interesting with the Buddhist temples and these tasks, but God is definitely greater than any temple.

Andy: I don't feel weird vibes coming here. We have the one true God and it's pretty straight forward if you read the bible.

Jennifer and Justin

Jennifer: Doing this, while it may not be the same religion as mine, still warrants the same amount of respect. I wouldn't want someone coming into my church and disrespecting my crosses or anything like that.

The responses are MUCH different. Tommy said that his god is greater than Buddha right in front of the Buddhist judge and Andy sat on someone else's holy ground and dismissed all other religions. How is that respectful? Jennifer had it right: do unto others. Treat other religions with respect as you would want other people to respect your religion.

Robin - I took it the same way you did. The guys - especially Andy's - comments did not go with their typical free spirit attatude. The comment that they have the one true god - and I rewound it a couple of times last night just to make sure I heard what I thought I did - just rubbed the wrong way.

If you took all of the religions in the world and looked at any of their holy books and records, they all state that theirs is the one "true" god.

My favorites are Tommy & Andy and I don't think they did/said anything wrong. In fact, I support their statement 100%.

Robin - I took it the same way you did. The guys - especially Andy's - comments did not go with their typical free spirit attatude. The comment that they have the one true god - and I rewound it a couple of times last night just to make sure I heard what I thought I did - just rubbed the wrong way.

If you took all of the religions in the world and looked at any of their holy books and records, they all state that theirs is the one "true" god.

I completely agree with the above. And if you take into account the bolded bit (bolding is mine), and the fact that many of those religions/texts predate the Bible and Christianity, it makes that statement, in the middle of a Holy Place for those people, seem even more self-centered and annoying.

I liked Jennifer's comment much better: "Doing this, while it may not be the same religion as mine, still warrants the same amount of respect. I wouldn't want someone coming into my church and disrespecting my crosses or anything like that." Shows that while she maintains her faith, she agrees that all other people have the same inherent right to have their faiths respected as well.

I have to say that Andy and Tommy have plummeted in my personal standings from my favorites to last place due to their religious intolerance :sad2:. I found it shocking that they were really so narrow minded since they seemed so open to new places and adventures.

ITA 10x over.

I liked Jennifer's comment much better: "Doing this, while it may not be the same religion as mine, still warrants the same amount of respect. I wouldn't want someone coming into my church and disrespecting my crosses or anything like that." Shows that while she maintains her faith, she agrees that all other people have the same inherent right to have their faiths respected as well.

I agree.

I, too, have lost respect for the snowboarders. As a PP pointed out, do they not even take into consideration that this religion predates their own? :confused3 Here I thought this whole time that they were just stoned, but turns out, they're just stupid. :rotfl: Oh, I jest! While I do like them a little less now, I won't be rooting against them.

Zach's dad = total pompous jerk.

I, too, have lost respect for the snowboarders. As a PP pointed out, do they not even take into consideration that this religion predates their own? :confused3 Here I thought this whole time that they were just stoned, but turns out, they're just stupid. :rotfl: Oh, I jest! While I do like them a little less now, I won't be rooting against them.

Zach's dad = total pompous jerk.

I had forgotten about him being a jackwagon on taking notes on the prayer houses(?) set up. It's not like someone else wasn't at the site at the same time they were picking up theirs and they didn't see that the other team was taking notes.

I thought it was pretty smart of Jennifer to ask if their taxi driver had a camera phone.

I wounder what the travel rules look like on the paperwork that the racers have to read over and acknowledge that they have read. I can honestly say, that if I had bought tickets for a bus ride, then find out once I am on it, that it was called a 1st class bus, I would worry about the no traveling in 1st class rule.

I have to say that Andy and Tommy have plummeted in my personal standings from my favorites to last place due to their religious intolerance :sad2:. I found it shocking that they were really so narrow minded since they seemed so open to new places and adventures.

I was not at all offended. I think they just stated their opinion and I took it as not demeaning to other religions.

What was up with the twins money situation? If they took the same cab ride as the other teams I am confused on why theirs cost so much more. :confused3 I realize a lot goes on we don't see but Andy and Tommy obviously spent a lot more time in their cab and they had enough $. I wonder if AR purposely cut them so close of funds.
This season is just a snoozefest and I have watched 100% of every episode from season 2 on. I should be glad there is not a lot of bickering but from the very beginning the teams seemed so boring.
My faves are Armani and Marcus and Andy and Tommy.
This is the 1st time I can ever remember not disliking another team all that much. I was pretty happy the showgirls are gone though.

While Jennifer worded her response much better than the boys did, after watching it again, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. You can tell that they are not just blurting out these comments out of nowhere, but are being asked if being at the temple feels weird to them, and who knows what else.

Watching Tommy make his comment again, it seems to me that he probably doesn't realize that Buddhists don't believe in a supreme being, and he's trying to say that faith is what's important, not whether you practice it in a Christian church or a Buddhist temple. Andy's comment comes across worse to me, because he seems to be saying "they're wrong, we're right". While we all believe our own religion is the "right" one, it's pretty arrogant IMO to say it on another religion's holy ground.

Also have to add I thought it was great that the twins didn't beg for money because they didn't want to take it from people who didn't have much to begin with. First team I've noticed give that a second thought on the Race.

I take more issue with Zach's Dad being rude than the Snowboarder's religious comments.

I mean, the Snowboarder's comments tended on ignorance of other cultures. That can be fixed. Plus I don't think it was said in a demeaning way, I don't think they meant any harm.

Zach's Dad saying he would have remembered it was him being a jerk, and that's a lot harder to fix. Plus, I think this WAS said in a demeaning way, and I take issue with that.

Also have to add I thought it was great that the twins didn't beg for money because they didn't want to take it from people who didn't have much to begin with. First team I've noticed give that a second thought on the Race.

I totally agree. I didn't particularly care for the twins, but I did have to give them some respect for doing and saying that.

I wasn't a huge fan of the twins, but they did gain my respect this episode. They always remained positive, the LOVED the elephant task, and they genuinely seemed to enjoy the race and being together. I think their dad should be very proud of the young ladies he raised.

And I think the religion thing is much ado about nothing. The snowboarders comments weren't worded the best, but I just can't get excited about it. Everyone thinks their religion is the "right" one, and other people are misguided.

I found "dad" to be on the offensive this episode. What was up with his sewing comments?

Another non-elimination leg. Is this a record?

I found "dad" to be on the offensive this episode. What was up with his sewing comments?

Well that answered one question. I lost power due to the storm, so AR never was recorded. I know I can watch it online, not sure if I want to invest the time. Can anybody provide a brief recap? Thanks.

he had all of us just yelling at the tv...totally a pompous door knob.

I wasn't offended ... I just thought he was being a twit. I was actually surprised that they didn't know how to sew. Wouldn't the son need the ability to repair a sail while on his around the world trip?

Another round of stupid mistakes not paying the truck drivers. The #1 and #3 teams both messed up and the older couple was almost last because of it.

Sunday was "African Boma Night" for us! We made bobotie, fufu, cheesy quinoa with spinach & an avocado, grapefruit & papaya salad.

Does anyone else think that Macus being a former NFL player still tires easily.
He should have been able to do the tobbaco(sp?) challenge faster
He keeps saying this is the hardest thing I have ever done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter