The Amazing Disappearing Disney Vacation!

callicourt

Earning My Ears
Y'all, I'm literally the worst DisBoarder ever. I started this trip report over a year ago and left it at that. In the words of Dr. Ian Malcolm, "Life finds a way." I like to edit this quote by adding, "...of getting crazy."

You see, my big, glorious family had this amazing extravaganza planned for May 2014. We had so many things to celebrate as a family. We all made our reservations and started hashtagging everything. Then folks started getting engaged and all plans went out the window.

First up, my brother and his lady love Victoria got engaged. The wedding date? May 25, 2014. No big deal. They'd get married, go on their honeymoon {to Disney World}, and then come with the rest of the family on another Disney trip.

Then, my brother-in-law {featured briefly in this trip report} got engaged to his lady love Lanie. Their wedding date? June 14, 2014...right smack dab in the middle of our Disney vacation. Did I mention that my brother, my brother-in-law, my husband, and I were in both bridal parties? Yeah, life finds a way of getting crazy for sure.

My aunt, uncle, and two cousins didn't change their reservations and had an awesome time on their Disney Family Extravaganza. We happily picked up our reservations and moved them to December 2014. My Dad, Dr. Dave, was especially happy. He loves Disney in December and free dining didn't hurt either. We were all so excited to introduce my new sister-in-love to a #DisneyFamilyChristmas when life got crazy again. My gorgeous cousin Lauren got engaged and had her heart set on a December wedding. In nearly broke my Dad in two and he offered to get ordained and marry them at Disney World, but that went over like a pregnant pole vaulter.

Now, we've modified our vacation once again. We'll finally be returning to the World after the longest dry spell in my family's history. May 2015 is the name of the game, and we'll have lots to celebrate.

-My Dad, Dr. Dave will be retiring after 30 years as a public school teacher. After retiring, he'll work in the private sector.
-My Mom, Dr. Cyndee will be completely done with her final graduate degree.
-My brother, Grayson and his wife, Victoria will be celebrating their first wedding anniversary.
-My DH and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary.

With all this talk of celebrating, let's meet our cast of characters:

Josh & Court:

We're both public educators, bloggers, and lovers of cookies. Josh is 27 and I'm 26. I've traveled to Walt Disney World 18 times and Josh has been four times. We've cruised aboard the Disney Dream once and plan on sailing again in November of 2015. We have three fur babies: Atlas {dog}, Perseus {cat}, and Achilles {cat}. Josh's favorite Disney movie is The Incredibles, his favorite ride is Mission Space, and his favorite park is DHS. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty & the Beast, my favorite ride is The Haunted Mansion, and my favorite park is whatever park I happen to be in at the time :)

Gray & Victoria:

My brother Grayson and his sweet wife Victoria are both 22. Grayson has been to Disney World almost as many times as me and Victoria became a First Time Visitor on their honeymoon in May of 2014. She's now officially obsessed! Grayson works for a political marketing firm and Victoria is a very talented artist. Grayson's favorite Disney movie is Star Wars {which I don't think really counts}, his favorite ride is Toy Story Midway Mania, and his favorite park is EPCOT. Victoria's favorite Disney movie is Cinderella, her favorite ride is Toy Story Midway Mania, and her favorite park is EPCOT.

Dr. Dave & Dr. Cyndee:

My parents have both worked in the public sector for nearly thirty years in some form of public education. We'll be celebrating my Dad's retirement from the public sector and his entrance into the private sector on this trip. Mom has been to Disney World upwards of 25 times and my Dad has probably been a dozen times or so. Dr. Dave's favorite Disney movie is The Swiss Family Robinson, his favorite ride is The Carousel of Progress, and his favorite park is DHS. Dr. Cyndee's favorite Disney movie is Cinderella, her favorite ride is Peter Pan's Flight, and her favorite park is The Magic Kingdom.

The trip details:
*Side note: when Dr. Cyndee called to move our vacation from December 2014 to May 2015, the CM had a good laugh. Apparently there was already a note on our reservations that they'd been moved due to a family wedding.

Hotel: Disney's Art of Animation Resort {family suite}. Our normal resort pick is Port Orleans, but we all agreed to try something different this time around.

Table-Service Restaurants We Enjoy: Liberty Tree Tavern, Be Our Guest, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, 50's Primetime Cafe, Kona Cafe, Yak & Yeti, and Raglan Road

Counter-Service Restaurants We Enjoy: Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House, anywhere in the World Showcase, Pizza Planet, and Earl of Sandwich

So that's that! Once the details start coming down the pipe, it's my goal to share them with y'all. It's my summer goal to keep up with this PTR and possibly complete my TR for Hakuna Matata.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter