The am I mad trip - Day 2

emanlu

Mouseketeer
Day 2
I was up before 7am to grab a shower and get our rucksac packed ready to take to the park, got the girls up and down for breakfast for 7.30am, surprisingly I managed to get some food into them before we went back up to do our first meet and greet with Eeyore.

DISNEYAPRIL08045.jpg

Then off we went round the lake to the park – we were in about 8.30 for EMH and we got the bus down Main Street (although we had to persuade DD2 to go on it!) to the Castle, went on the Carousel for our first ride followed by Dumbo and the teacups. I think we went on these a couple of times in the morning and then it was off to do Peter Pans Flight and Pinocchio (Lucy wasn’t keen on either of these – she actually became a bit overwhelmed by it all and cried for about an hour).
DISNEYAPRIL08057.jpg

We wandered round and went on IASW then went to Discoveryland were we found Buzz – oh we had such fun on that – we went on it three times one after the other and then came back and went on it again later.

After this we queued to meet the Princesses. Snow White and Cinderella were on duty and I reckon we queued for 1.5 hours. DD1 got her picture taken with Snow White (DD2 wouldn’t go in the pic).

DISNEYAPRIL08077.jpg

They were fading a bit by then so we hoped on the train and went round the park – we got off and wandered through Frontierland, we managed to find the play park and they ran around for a while there before DD1 announced she wanted to go on the other train – Big Thunder Mountain! We went over and DD2 said ok to going on it and she met the height requirement so off we went and queued – this was the longest queue we had for a ride and it took about 30 minutes. Even though the girls enjoyed it they wouldn’t go on it again.

DISNEYAPRIL08096.jpg

We then wandered round to Pirates of the Caribbean but DD1 took fright on the way into it as it was dark and refused to go any further so back out we came. We went back to the carousel and the teacups for another couple of goes before going and getting a spot on Main Street for the parade. I had followed the brits guide for this and didn’t realise that it now ran the opposite way so we ended up being at the end of the parade rather than at the start like I thought.

It was raining lightly by this stage so once the parade was over we headed back to the hotel. The girls wanted to go swimming so off we went to the pool, they really enjoyed the pool and then it was time to go back to the hotel and get ready for dinner at Cafe Mickey. I had made a reservation in the morning but the only table they could give me was 8.30pm. It was still raining as we headed off with the girls dressed in their princess dresses, so they had to daintly step round the puddles on the way there. As we were waiting to be seated we could see Mickey doing the rounds along with another couple of characters but by the time we were seated they had gone. It wasn’t long before another couple came out and we were visited by Pluto, Mr Smee and best of all Minnie – the girls were delighted although yet again DD2 wouldn’t participate in the pictures.

DISNEYAPRIL08179.jpg

There were a couple of other characters about as well and then Minnie came back and this time DD2 got up and had her picture taken.

DISNEYAPRIL08186.jpg

The girls were really tired by this stage and I had to drag them back to the hotel – yet again we all had to climb into bed together but it wasn’t long before we were all asleep.

wow , another great day by the looks of it

and they even went on bog thunder mountain , wow , i wouldnt even go on that lol

I can't beleive they both did BTM! I wish Kacee was going to be tall enough for it when we go, but there's no way he will be :sad1:

Cafe Mickey looks good fun too.

Another great day. Your DD sounds like my niece where she doesn't want to be on the photos:goodvibes

Great day

When my DD went on BTM she said she enjoyed it but when asked if she wanted to go back on she answered NO

Awww how cute are your daughters with their princess dresses on?:love:

Another great day. Forgot to say earlier... Your DDs are gorgeous!

Another great day with lovely pictures!

Looks like you had a lovely time. Can't wait to read more:)

Lovely - and you are really very brave to take such little ones on your own.

Most impressed with your Dd's ging on Big Thunder Mountain, as well as lasting the pace for a full day :goodvibes

Adorable little princesses!!

I'm so jealous you got to meet Minnie, she wasm't at Cafe Mickey when we were there a few weeks ago :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter