• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The All-New What's For Dinner Thread!!(recipe index in OP)

I am doing so much better today!!! No dizziness, no icky feeling. Nada!!!

DH left the A/C going all night long, so I kept really cool. He also got Sunday dinner going in the crockpot. Lucky for all of us that my pot roast recipe is easy and foolproof. It smells so good! I'm starving. Luckily, he keeps bringing me cheese sticks and water. I've got me a good man! I'm living it up today. Don't know what tomorrow will bring once he goes back to work!

Dessert tonight will be raspberry sherbet. Nice and cool!!!

You are a very lucky woman to have such a wonderful husband.:goodvibes I'd offer up some Red Beans & Rice for tomorrow if you were closer.;)

Was that with Peach Fresca? I'll bet that would be good! DD kept telling me how good the Fresca was & I didn't believe her, until she forced me to taste it. It's really good if you like peach, but remember how nasty Fresca used to be?

I'm not sure what she was using. I haven't tried the Peach Fresca yet.:idea:

Sheryl I haven't seen the water levels so low that they don't allow wheelchairs. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and in October the levels were fine also.

I just go in from working today I should be fixing something for dinner:confused3 but I have no ideas. I have to think of something since I'm hungry.

Kathy I buy alot of things that I shouldn't ie; the 2 different kinds of pretzel bread. They did have dinner rolls and baguets too but I stayed strong only 2 kinds thank you ;)

Maria how about making a simple syrup with the mint. You could put a few leaves in the icecube trays and freeze also for your drinks.

Sheryl I haven't seen the water levels so low that they don't allow wheelchairs. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and in October the levels were fine also.

I just go in from working today I should be fixing something for dinner:confused3 but I have no ideas. I have to think of something since I'm hungry.

Kathy I buy alot of things that I shouldn't ie; the 2 different kinds of pretzel bread. They did have dinner rolls and baguets too but I stayed strong only 2 kinds thank you ;)

Maria how about making a simple syrup with the mint. You could put a few leaves in the icecube trays and freeze also for your drinks.

I love that idea...time for me to go find my old ice cube trays. I'm actually going to do it tonight! Thanks!

Kyle just called, their journey has ended. They lost 8-6 and are headed home tomorrow morning. He said he is so tired and ready to come home and y'all know I'm ready for him to come home so all is good. They had a great week and he had a week he'll never forget!:thumbsup2

Please tell Kyle congratulations and great job. I hope you are having a wonderful time having your boy back. I really liked how you bought all his favorite foods. That is something I would do. I figure if nothing else, my kids will always come back home for the food. ;)

We stayed in a rental house a few years back and it really was nice. I don't buy the 'losing the magic' argument at all.

For me, "losing the magic" is being in one hotel room with kids who can't sleep, who don't have anything to eat, and who don't have any space to play. And if I want to stay up later than the kids, I have to sit in the bathroom.

Don't let your husband get discouraged from one babysitting. It is so much different caring for your own children than others.

I don't know if you have seen the thread on sports commitments but every time I read it or post (yes, I have been like a toothache on that one) I have to wonder about those folks who begrudge kids this opportunity. Your boy is the responsible considerate young man in part because of the lessons he learned while playing ball.

I agree! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry Marissa is sick. That stomach bug is nasty.

Do you ladies have a fish batter recipe you use on your fried fish?

For wet batter, I use beer, flour, salt and pepper. I usually mix the dry ingredients, then add enough beer to make the mixture pancake batter consistency.

For a dry batter, I use equal parts flour and cornmeal (the finer the better), salt, and pepper. You can add cayenne for a bit of heat.

Gosh I wish we were going just a week later, so we could have met up with you guys!

Based on your ticker, I think Beck and I are going to be there when you are. Maybe we can have a drink together in Epcot.

Your salad looks delicious.

Not this parent of twins!!! I worked very hard to keep them on the same eating/sleeping schedule. It was much better for me!

Glynis, I knew that you would have your twins on the same schedule. I am glad you are feeling well today. Keep getting your rest!

The kids and I went to my parents' house today. We had grilled striped bass (first of the season, and it was SO delicious!) with a mustard sauce, broccolini, local green beans with almonds, a salad, and bread with dipping oil. It was all very tasty. However, I am already starving. I guess the Trilogy Diet wouldn't work for me. :laughing:

You are a very lucky woman to have such a wonderful husband.:goodvibes I'd offer up some Red Beans & Rice for tomorrow if you were closer.;)

If you lived closer, I'd take you up on it. Still, it's the thought that counts. I'm lucky to have such friends!

Someone on the disability thread told me they were loaded on at MK with no problems, but had to lift their DD in her chair to get off at WL. They suggested not counting on that. :confused3 Thanks for letting me know, it probably won't be a problem.

I have mint simple syrup in the fridge now, don't know why I didn't think of that!

Maria I don't know how I missed this but you could make.... Mojitos with the mint leaves.;)

Now you're talking!

Aimee, Just noticed your ticker...I think alot of us will be there the same time as you...We are going 11/5 -11/10! Will you be there then? Maybe we'll bump into you! :cool1:

Yep, we're there Nov 1 - Nov 8, we should meet up for cocktails one night! I'll be at the AKL.

I'm stressing about our ADR's now that we are flying. I booked Artist Point for our 1st night there, we are checking in to All Star for that day only. I'm thinking now that we will probably be sick of being on a bus that day. We haven't used the bus system much lately, now I'm trying to figure out how many busses it will take to get from point A to point B.

(disclaimer: this is someone who refuses to ride the WDW buses because I find them horrid)

I'd skip AP that first night. The trek there and back will put a damper on the great meal, and you'll be exhausted. What about a dinner at Downtown Disney instead? That's an easy bus ride. If you are getting there later in the day, I'd consider ordering in pizza (offsite pizza!) or food courting it. I am so exhausted after doing the airport dance all day and try to stick close to home.

For me, "losing the magic" is being in one hotel room with kids who can't sleep, who don't have anything to eat, and who don't have any space to play. And if I want to stay up later than the kids, I have to sit in the bathroom.

:laughing: I can imagine. My parents ended up getting 2 rooms once we were school age but that's so expensive! At our rental house, we had a heated pool in the backyard too with hot tub. And a washer and dryer! I did all my laundry before packing to go home =)

Maria I don't know how I missed this but you could make.... Mojitos with the mint leaves.;)

That's what I was going to suggest! I love mojitos...

My plans for dinner went out the window after I laid down on the couch. After church, we went to Genghis Grill for lunch (anyone else have those close?) and to Nordstrom for their sale. I'm tired and told DH we may be getting McDonalds for dinner :laughing: I'll regret it later but those fries are calling my name...

Hi haven't been around-but I've been lurking

First-about baseball-my kids played forever and I always wanted them to learn from it-there is always someone you will have to answer to..i.e. the umpire(and they have learned that)someday it will be your boss.

Second- I KNOW I have less hands now than I did when my kids were young I have twin nieces who were born when my oldest was 16-my sister (the twin's Mom) was 16 when he was born.

WFD was Round steak marinated and grilled (good seasons italian) new potatoes with garlic butter and dill and homegrown green beans/butter. Have a good week everyone-stay healthy

For wet batter, I use beer, flour, salt and pepper. I usually mix the dry ingredients, then add enough beer to make the mixture pancake batter consistency.

For a dry batter, I use equal parts flour and cornmeal (the finer the better), salt, and pepper. You can add cayenne for a bit of heat.

Great thanks...I am going to try your wet batter next time.

(disclaimer: this is someone who refuses to ride the WDW buses because I find them horrid)

:

We used to, but never again. Now we wont go to Disney without a rental car. After riding them pregnant and feeling so sick, the ride felt like it took forever I was in tears. Then realizing how great having a car was when DS had to go to ER. The boats on the other hand I love, so relaxing.

WFD was Round steak marinated and grilled (good seasons italian) new potatoes with garlic butter and dill and homegrown green beans/butter. Have a good week everyone-stay healthy

:wave2: Hi there!!!!!:wave:

I called Disney Dining after dinner and changed a couple of ADRs. I got my Kona.:woohoo: I love that place.

Good night all!
Ann

Ann

Good Morning, Not awake yet so I will catch up later...;)

I never made the pork tenderloin so that is what we are having. I think I'll make carrots, broccoli and some mashed taters (I need to use them up).

Have a great day!

Welcome! Please join the conversation and post often!

Well so far everyone is better today. My stomach is feeling queasy so I am praying that I just have sympathy pain :upsidedow

We kind of skipped dinner last night. All Kady wanted was mac and cheese so that is what she had, Risa just had some brown rice. I did not want to cook for just Buddy and myself so I had the leftovers I brought home Friday night and made Buddy tuna fish. I have whole chickens in the fridge and want to use them tonight. I am thinking of Becky's honey chicken so I hope the weather holds until after dinner.

Have a great day!

Good morning,

DH is working both jobs today, so I will make us a quick meal. He only has about an hour between jobs.

WFD- grilled chicken sandwiches & chips.

Ann

Morning Y'all,

I might fix red beans & rice but we still have salmon leftover. Alexis's great-grandmother is very ill. She's a diabetic & has been on dialysis a long time, but had been home & acting well. She looked bad yesterday & they called the ambulance. Well she coded twice last night. So things don't look good. This is Alexis's Dad's grandmother, but his grandmother raised him, so they are sort of close. I'm not sure how Alexis is going to handle it. So I'm expecting a rough week around here.

Based on your ticker, I think Beck and I are going to be there when you are. Maybe we can have a drink together in Epcot.

Your salad looks delicious.

The kids and I went to my parents' house today. We had grilled striped bass (first of the season, and it was SO delicious!) with a mustard sauce, broccolini, local green beans with almonds, a salad, and bread with dipping oil. It was all very tasty. However, I am already starving. I guess the Trilogy Diet wouldn't work for me. :laughing:

That dinner sounds wonderful, fresh & local makes such a difference!

I agree on needing a little space. I have spent time reading in the bathroom, really does kill some of the magic!

We are doing 2 studios with SIL, BIL & Alexis along on the Oct trip. We had a one br last time & that was just not enough space. I would have loved to have the kitchen & washer/dryer but 2 studios cost less than a 2 BR . Plus I won't have to hear Alexis after midnight still talking up a storm and not wanting to go to sleep!;)

We'll be arriving on the 25th leaving on the 1st. I think we are going to avoid Epcot that weekend, but I can tell you where to find Bob & I for the rest of the trip. Wine seminars, pairings & cruising the booths! As we get closer we can plan some time to get together for a drink!

Yep, we're there Nov 1 - Nov 8, we should meet up for cocktails one night! I'll be at the AKL.

I'd skip AP that first night. The trek there and back will put a damper on the great meal, and you'll be exhausted. What about a dinner at Downtown Disney instead? That's an easy bus ride. If you are getting there later in the day, I'd consider ordering in pizza (offsite pizza!) or food courting it. I am so exhausted after doing the airport dance all day and try to stick close to home.

We are flying out on the 1st, but if you'll be around Epcot, maybe could get together too!

I hear you on the buses. I asked on the transportation board about this & the person who responded was pro-buses, so I don't think I got the best answer for me. I don't like the buses much, & with the extra time it takes to load Bob on & off, it's a pain. MK has extended hours that night, so that was my thinking on a AP or a monorail resort. But now I am just so confused! If we are tired we might just order pizza & hang by the pool. But if I can avoid it, I will stay clear of the ASM food court! :scared: To me, that was truly a frightening experience.

:confused: Someone mentioned a while back about a good pizza place that delivers to OKW & SSR. I don't know if that would include ASM too. Anyone remember the name of the pizza place?

Kathy, Did Kyle enjoy his meal? I know you were happy to cook it for him!

Nancy, Hope Marissa is feeling better! :flower3: And I think we all could have guessed what Buddy had for dinner, without you even saying a word! ;)

Stick around and post!!!

Alexis's great-grandmother is very ill.

Kathy, Did Kyle enjoy his meal? I know you were happy to cook it for him!

I'll keep Alexis's great grandmother in my prayers.

Kyle ate like he had been starved all week, after every bite was an "OMG this is so good", it was so funny. He's already talking about tonight's dinner.:laughing:

WFD - Red Beans & Rice with grilled Chicken Sausages.:goodvibes

Great thanks...I am going to try your wet batter next time.

That's my favorite. :thumbsup2

We'll be arriving on the 25th leaving on the 1st. I think we are going to avoid Epcot that weekend, but I can tell you where to find Bob & I for the rest of the trip. Wine seminars, pairings & cruising the booths! As we get closer we can plan some time to get together for a drink!

Prayers said for Alexis's great-grandmother and :hug: for you and Alexis.

We are avoiding Epcot on the weekend as well. Beck doesn't think it would be a good scene for the kids. I know we have at least one evening fully dedicated to F+W, so maybe we could get together then.

Aimee -- We overlap you by a couple days as well. We are there the 25th through the 3rd.

Kathy -- Glad Kyle enjoyed his first night home.

Nancy -- I hope you aren't getting sick! I always get sympathy illness with the stomach bug though.

Dinner is going to be quick today since Liam has a baseball game out-of-town. I'm thinking pancakes, bacon, fruit...what the kids like to call Silly Supper.

We are there the 24th through the 3rd. ;) We'll have tp pm as we get closer to the dates, and figure out a place to meet for a drink!

I will post the eggplant recipe when I get home.

WFD tonight: I am making a couple of recipes from Mario Batali's Italian grill cookbook--grilled portobello mushrooms with arugula and parmesean, and grilled robiola cheese wrapped in mortadella. I'm also probably making some corn on the cob, and possibly some of the leftover flank steak for John.

Glynis, continue to take it easy, OK?

Hi to everybody else! :) I'll catch up in more detail later.

Alexis's great-grandmother is very ill. She's a diabetic & has been on dialysis a long time, but had been home & acting well. She looked bad yesterday & they called the ambulance. Well she coded twice last night. So things don't look good. This is Alexis's Dad's grandmother, but his grandmother raised him, so they are sort of close. I'm not sure how Alexis is going to handle it. So I'm expecting a rough week around here.

Plus I won't have to hear Alexis after midnight still talking up a storm and not wanting to go to sleep!;)

Prayers said for Alexis Grandmother and your family. My kids were very close to my Mother and they took her loss hard. I can sympathize with Her Dad if the woman who raised him is so sick, that is a special bond they must share.

I was worried about Kady when we lost her Memere, she came with me every day and then with Marisa so they were close. We should have trusted the instincts of a child, she told us that Memere was with the Angels and that was a good thing. All the anxiety and she just sorted it out herself. I pray that Alexis can work this out in her own mind so that her loss will be tempered. :hug:

Kyle ate like he had been starved all week, after every bite was an "OMG this is so good", it was so funny. He's already talking about tonight's dinner.:laughing:

There is nothing like Mom's cooking for your boy :thumbsup2

Nancy -- I hope you aren't getting sick! I always get sympathy illness with the stomach bug though.

I was thinking I was the only one and felt like a hypochondriac! I think I am just a little off today but that is fine if I avoid that bug.

We are flying out on the 1st, but if you'll be around Epcot, maybe could get together too!

I hear you on the buses. I asked on the transportation board about this & the person who responded was pro-buses, so I don't think I got the best answer for me. I don't like the buses much, & with the extra time it takes to load Bob on & off, it's a pain. MK has extended hours that night, so that was my thinking on a AP or a monorail resort. But now I am just so confused! If we are tired we might just order pizza & hang by the pool. But if I can avoid it, I will stay clear of the ASM food court! :scared: To me, that was truly a frightening experience.

:confused: Someone mentioned a while back about a good pizza place that delivers to OKW & SSR. I don't know if that would include ASM too. Anyone remember the name of the pizza place?

I hope to be at Party for the Senses on the 1st - it's the only Sat we are there and I want to take my mom. Still waiting on info... :rolleyes1

Giordanas, or something like that, is what I always see listed. If I can remember right, you can order from any resort... but don't hold me to that =)

Aimee -- We overlap you by a couple days as well. We are there the 25th through the 3rd.

We should meet up!

Our original plans were to see Wanted at the local movie tavern and eat there... but I'm frustrated with DH and not exactly speaking to him right now, the last thing I want to do is go on a "date" with him. My backup plan is shrimp and zucchini on the grill with asiago stuffed new potatos.

Hey All!

Dinner plans have changed...Andrew is having a friend over for dinner so I decided to make chicken stir fry and brown rice.

Sheryl, Prayers for Alexis' Great Grandma and all the family.

Aimee, We are dining at Jiko on the 5th if you're around for a cocktail.

Nancy, Hope you're feeling better.

Glynis, You too!

Laura, Good luck to Liam!

Hope everyone is well...gotta run again...A's friend will be here any minute...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter