• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The All-New What's For Dinner Thread!!(recipe index in OP)

Poor baby. :hug:

The hospital may have you take her to an orthopedist. I know around here if they can't see anything because of swelling they will refer you and just splint it.

Good to know! Thanks.

I don't know if any of you are Dis Podcast listeners, but one of the Pod Cast Members has passed away. Bob Varley. I never met the man, but after listening to the Podcasts for a few months, it's almost feels like losing a friend. :sad1:

I heard that yesterday. It's so very sad!

I'm not being too exciting tonight, I'm having a vegetarian corn dog, left over rice pilaf and green beans.

Well, with the exception of the corn dog, it sounds pretty yummy to me! I've never enjoyed hot dogs, vegetarian or otherwise, but rice pilaf is one of my favorites!!!

Ok, with all this talk about corn dogs (never had one) I am thinking that instead of risking burning down the house trying to thaw out the pork that Hot Dogs it is! Quick and Easy...thanks guys..problem solved! I knew I could count on you

:rotfl: :rotfl: So is he taking the "good friend" who helped him through his break up? :laughing:

Yes he's taking his friend, Brooke.:rolleyes1

Hey everyone!! I took a 6 week break from the computer.... how's everyone doing??

Welcome back, we've missed you!

Here's the leftover steak & roasted veggies, turned into a salad.

That looks sooooo good!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Kathy, I'm so proud of your boy! And if you really want donations I think I can come up with a 70's era powder blue tux with the frilly shirt! I'm sure it'd fit! (j/k Kyle- I'm not THAT mean:stir:

Oh and take good care of that "friend" too.:rolleyes:

:rotfl2: Actually the tux was paid for a few weeks ago, cost a fortune. He's going to be in all white with the exception of the vest & tie which will be turquoise to match Brooke's dress.

Now we're paying for the limo, dinner & flowers.:upsidedow

Glynis - I'd be furious at the school too! I sure hope Leslie feels better in a day or two. I'd imagine it's going to take a few days with that type of injury.:hug:

Gretchen - I can't wait to see a pic of your sweet Hailey!princess:

That looks sooooo good!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Actually the tux was paid for a few weeks ago, cost a fortune. He's going to be in all white with the exception of the vest & tie which will be turquoise to match Brooke's dress.

Kathy, Well Brooke had better hang on his arm real tight! He's going to need to bring a bat to beat the girls off of him! :laughing:

Wow, I have missed alot!

Ann, Wow, what a nice trip Ron has planned. You and he deserve it. :)

Glynis, I hope Leslie feels better. Several years ago I had a sledding accident...I think I told that story a while ago, well, my foot was black as well and swollen for a very long time. I hope the hospital calls you...you may want to follow up and see an orthopedist like BigMerle mentioned. Better safe than sorry. Did you call the school and complain?

Kathy, I cannot wait to see pics of Kyle and Brooke...;) Oh, BTW, I'm jumping on a plane now...you are making my favorite for dinner!!! :upsidedow

I know I missed alot...too much going on today...they installed the bathroom lights and family room lights and ceiling fans today. Tomorrow is the new baseboard heaters.

I love the paint colors we chose but someone...I won't say who...did not tape the edging so well so we may put crown molding up to fix that problem...:yay:

Another thing, we have a mason coming on Friday to give us a quote to veneer the fireplace. Too much is going on outside now to be putzing around inside. The mason is an older, I guess retired, man and he is more interested in trout fishing now...:)

OK, babble over!

Good grief! I can't believe the teacher didn't contact you - if she knew enough to put ice on it, she knew enough to write up an accident report for the office records or call you. :sad2:

My thoughts exactly! We try to be supportive of the administration and the children's teachers, especially in front of them, but really now. I've tried and tried and cannot come up with a logical reason not to call Mom. (As you can tell Glynis - I'm steamed for you over this). Heck, our youngest's school nurse called me one day when she got a bad bruise on the slide.

PPPSSSTTTT: Buddy- It's a DIS, government, slow driver conspiracy against ya! I guarantee it! And I'm sure Nancy spent the whole economic stimulus check on couscous, whole wheat pasta, and wheat grass! Maybe you should talk Kady into catching you a squirrel? :rotfl2:

:lmao: :lmao: My husband might take the squirel over the couscous and would definitely choose the squirel over the wheat grass. :lmao: :lmao:

When is the prom? All our our local schools have already had theirs. And you do know we are going to want photos.

Kathy, Well Brooke had better hang on his arm real tight! He's going to need to bring a bat to beat the girls off of him! :laughing:

You can say that again! Loved your salad pic. I just made a nice salad for lunch with an awesome Chicken Waldorf salad I made. It came out yummy!

:woohoo: :woohoo: ...Andrew wanted me to add these! ;)

:rotfl2: They're going to an Italian restaurant to eat and I can just see tomato sauce all over his white tux, OK the mom in me is coming out.:rolleyes:

Kathy, I cannot wait to see pics of Kyle and Brooke...;) Oh, BTW, I'm jumping on a plane now...you are making my favorite for dinner!!! :upsidedow

Come on down sweetie!:goodvibes I hope I get to see pics of them....All of the guys (there are 6 couples) are getting dressed at one of the boys' homes, that's where the limo will pick them up. Kyle showed me pics of the inside of the limo online, I was dumbfounded - it looks like a hotel!!!:scared1: I've already told Kyle he isn't leaving home until I have the phone # of the parents there so I can have them send me a pic that night.;)

Gretchen - The prom is Saturday!

:rotfl2: They're going to an Italian restaurant to eat and I can just see tomato sauce all over his white tux, OK the mom in me is coming out.:rolleyes:

Come on down sweetie!:goodvibes I hope I get to see pics of them....All of the guys (there are 6 couples) are getting dressed at one of the boys' homes, that's where the limo will pick them up. Kyle showed me pics of the inside of the limo online, I was dumbfounded - it looks like a hotel!!!:scared1: I've already told Kyle he isn't leaving home until I have the phone # of the parents there so I can have them send me a pic that night.;)

Gretchen - The prom is Saturday!

Kathy, Him not getting dressed at home is JUST NOT FAIR!!! I guess he'd have a cow if you showed up at the other parent's house. I mean just to take pictures of course!;) ;) OR how about, for some strange reason he can't find his car keys & you HAVE to drive him over there! (Can you tell I was quite a sneaky Mom?)

I don't know if any of you are Dis Podcast listeners, but one of the Pod Cast Members has passed away. Bob Varley. I never met the man, but after listening to the Podcasts for a few months, it's almost feels like losing a friend. :sad1:

I saw this a couple days ago, not sure why they didn't make it a sticky. Very sad.

Get him a disposable bib! :thumbsup2

ETA- and go over there and take pictures lady!

You can say that again! Loved your salad pic. I just made a nice salad for lunch with an awesome Chicken Waldorf salad I made. It came out yummy!

:woohoo: :woohoo: ...Andrew wanted me to add these! ;)

Thanks y'all are all too kind about my salad!

I haven't done a thing for dinner yet! Nothing, haven't even taken anything out of the freezer yet. Alexis has paint spread out all over the counter next to me & she's enjoying it. (She's turning the cardboard that was in a case of wine into a guitar. We have plenty! :laughing: ) And I'm just too lazy to make her pick up.

Kathy - This reminded me that a few weekends ago I was having dinner with my sister at a restaurant and a group came in dressed for prom. One of the guys had on a white tux and was wearing a camouflage baseball cap and when he turned around, the vest and tie were in camouflage as well :rotfl: And no, his date's dress did not match :rolleyes1

Kathy, Him not getting dressed at home is JUST NOT FAIR!!! I guess he'd have a cow if you showed up at the other parent's house. I mean just to take pictures of course!;) ;) OR how about, for some strange reason he can't find his car keys & you HAVE to drive him over there! (Can you tell I was quite a sneaky Mom?)

I saw this a couple days ago, not sure why they didn't make it a sticky. Very sad.

Get him a disposable bib! :thumbsup2

ETA- and go over there and take pictures lady!

He just came in from practice and said everyone is going to be getting dressed at home!:yay: I think all the Moms have been complaining.;)

Kathy - This reminded me that a few weekends ago I was having dinner with my sister at a restaurant and a group came in dressed for prom. One of the guys had on a white tux and was wearing a camouflage baseball cap and when he turned around, the vest and tie were in camouflage as well :rotfl: And no, his date's dress did not match :rolleyes1

I'll bet that looked cool!:goodvibes

Tonight was meatloaf(on top of the stove-if anyone is interested I will post the "recipe"), baked potatoes and french green beans-but I wanted to share what we did last night too. We found boneless turkey breasts on sale-so we decided we'd come up with a fake Thanksgiving... I pounded out the turkey as thin as I could-then spread stove-top turkey stuffing over the whole piece of turkey-then rolled up jelly roll style. I tied them with butchers twine and saute in a little olive oil. when they were browned all around, I added a jar of Heinz Homestyle Roasted Turkey Gravy and simmered it for about 30 minutes-it was better than I hoped-it was amzing and this will be a keeper..we had just frozen corn with but mashed potatoes would have been good too.

Tonight was meatloaf(on top of the stove-if anyone is interested I will post the "recipe"), baked potatoes and french green beans-but I wanted to share what we did last night too. We found boneless turkey breasts on sale-so we decided we'd come up with a fake Thanksgiving... I pounded out the turkey as thin as I could-then spread stove-top turkey stuffing over the whole piece of turkey-then rolled up jelly roll style. I tied them with butchers twine and saute in a little olive oil. when they were browned all around, I added a jar of Heinz Homestyle Roasted Turkey Gravy and simmered it for about 30 minutes-it was better than I hoped-it was amzing and this will be a keeper..we had just frozen corn with but mashed potatoes would have been good too.

Neat idea!:thumbsup2

Oh, my goodness! That sounds so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!

I would love the meatloaf recipe, when you get a chance.

Of course we are interested in the recipe. Those Turkey breasts sound great to bad I was blessed with a kid who doesn't like stuffing :rolleyes1 I think its anti-american.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter