The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my memory serves me right, don't they automatically include an 18% gratuity on the RS bill? :confused3

Hey!

I posted this another place but got no answers... just wondering if anyone here could help:
I am really interested in the AK RS. We are getting the deluxe plan (we love ts and 2ts meals) but we do have 2 year old who can make it a bit rough sometimes to enjoy So now my questions are..

1.is it 2ts per person (Including tip for the rs?)
2. isn't it 2ts p.p NOT including tip to eat at Jiko?
3. Don't the dinners come from JIko?
4. Aren't you technically saving a bit of money (TIP) when you eat RS?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

There is a specific room service menu, but I have no idea where this food will be prepared. You can also order itelms from the Jiko menu if I remember correctly. So I guess these items will be prepared at Jiko.

I would suggest to ask your other questions on the Restaurant or Dining Plan board. I am sure there will be more people who know about room service charges etc. in general.

i CAN NOT WAIT , we are on countdown to 8 nights and days in Disney...:cool1: We are staying at Sports for 4 nights than heading to AKL, I have booked a Pool View Bunk-bed room.. It is my hubby, I and my daughter and niece.... At first I booked standard then I said oh well and upgraded PLEASE someone tell me it was worth it..lol.. also is the Giraffe or Zebra trail better??? I will be using an EVC so no biggy on distance Just want eh best area for the girls to view..

Thanks

i CAN NOT WAIT , we are on countdown to 8 nights and days in Disney...:cool1: We are staying at Sports for 4 nights than heading to AKL, I have booked a Pool View Bunk-bed room.. It is my hubby, I and my daughter and niece.... At first I booked standard then I said oh well and upgraded PLEASE someone tell me it was worth it..lol.. also is the Giraffe or Zebra trail better??? I will be using an EVC so no biggy on distance Just want eh best area for the girls to view..

Thanks

This link has all kinds of pictures of the different savannahs, pool, rooms, etc

http://allears.net/acc/g_akl.htm

At first I booked standard then I said oh well and upgraded PLEASE someone tell me it was worth it..lol.. also is the Giraffe or Zebra trail better??? I will be using an EVC so no biggy on distance Just want eh best area for the girls to view..

Thanks

It's worth it!!

We've stayed on both trails, and each has its own pluses and minuses (actually, there are no minuses when staying at the AKL!!)

But to make things a bit easier on you, request a 3rd floor room (lobby, gift shop, somewhat better views) or a 1st floor room (pool, game room, restaurants, Uzima Savannah, etc.)

I was wondering about the AKV studios between Kidani and Jambo House. Is one better or have better Savannah views than another? I noticed on mousesavers that Jambo Studio ranges from 315-365 square feet, vs Kidani has 365 sq ft...Is it luck of the draw at Jambo? Also, I noticed a club level option at Jambo for the AKV studio...are these all Savannah view? Thanks so much for your help, I have so many questions, and any info you could share about Kidani vs Jambo studios would be greatly appreciated....Pictures great too of course! ;) Happy Friday!

lissiesmum said:
I was wondering about the AKV studios between Kidani and Jambo House. Is one better or have better Savannah views than another? both have gorgeous Savannah views.

I noticed on mousesavers that Jambo Studio ranges from 315-365 square feet, vs Kidani has 365 sq ft...Is it luck of the draw at Jambo? Some of the rooms converted were former deluxe rooms so they are bigger. The club level studios are smaller than the 5th floor rooms. Kidani was made from scratch so all the studio's were made the same size.

Also, I noticed a club level option at Jambo for the AKV studio...are these all Savannah view? No, most of them are pool (3 out of 5 lock-off rooms)

Thanks so much for your help, I have so many questions, and any info you could share about Kidani vs Jambo studios would be greatly appreciated....Pictures great too of course! ;) Happy Friday!

good luck in your decision.

good luck in your decision.

Thanks for the response! Helps a lot. I was excited about the CL studio, but if I'm not guaranteed a savannah view, I would rather just book savannah view! I'll have to look through the AKL pics site and see what I can dig up. I called reservations to see when I could book and I have to wait 7 months from our departure, so I have plenty of time to think about it! We love the AKL...we go to eat at Boma every year and we almost stayed at the AKL last year but someone screwed up our ressie and we lost our savannah view room and then got upgraded to the Poly instead! Maybe next year will be our year to try it out :thumbsup2

Thanks for the response! Helps a lot. I was excited about the CL studio, but if I'm not guaranteed a savannah view, I would rather just book savannah view! I'll have to look through the AKL pics site and see what I can dig up. I called reservations to see when I could book and I have to wait 7 months from our departure, so I have plenty of time to think about it! We love the AKL...we go to eat at Boma every year and we almost stayed at the AKL last year but someone screwed up our ressie and we lost our savannah view room and then got upgraded to the Poly instead! Maybe next year will be our year to try it out :thumbsup2

AKV Jambo House Club level are not guaranteed savannah view. Its either savannah view or pool view.

We love Club level, but we don't stay DVC so our view is always savannah view. Good luck on your decision!

I was wondering about the AKV studios between Kidani and Jambo House. Is one better or have better Savannah views than another? I noticed on mousesavers that Jambo Studio ranges from 315-365 square feet, vs Kidani has 365 sq ft...Is it luck of the draw at Jambo? Also, I noticed a club level option at Jambo for the AKV studio...are these all Savannah view? Thanks so much for your help, I have so many questions, and any info you could share about Kidani vs Jambo studios would be greatly appreciated....Pictures great too of course! ;) Happy Friday!

Jambo value studios are 315 all other studios are 365. I know some people have have maps out there showing the view catogories and where they are located. Check out dvc news .com for a great map as well

I checked on page 1, and I didn't see a quick service place for food at Kidani...is this correct? And Kidani and Jambo House are technically not within walking distance of each other?

I checked on page 1, and I didn't see a quick service place for food at Kidani...is this correct? And Kidani and Jambo House are technically not within walking distance of each other?

There is no counter service at Kidani. It is about a ten minute walk between Kidani and Jambo House.

Has anyone ever booked a standard room (no savanna view) then upon check-in been bumped up to a savanna view room? I have read that sometimes if you are celebrating something special and you mention it to a CM at check in and they aren't completley booked up, then you may get bumped up to a savanna view room free of charge. Is this true? Has anyone heard of this or actually experienced this before?

Has anyone ever booked a standard room (no savanna view) then upon check-in been bumped up to a savanna view room? I have read that sometimes if you are celebrating something special and you mention it to a CM at check in and they aren't completley booked up, then you may get bumped up to a savanna view room free of charge. Is this true? Has anyone heard of this or actually experienced this before?

This isn't terribly common. I have heard of people getting upgraded at check-in, but, it's usually something you pay for.

It depends on how full they are, etc. There are some obstructed sav views that are considered standard though as well as some partial pool views that are standard. We've been downgraded at AKL too though with no refund. We paid for sav bunk beds and got sav queen beds. We also didn't get our adjoining room request. They were crazy booked and we ended up just being happy to be on the same side of the resort by the time we got checked in.

Hi,I scaned to as many pages as I could but didn´t find an answer so I hope somebody here could tell me more.
My sister convinced me to book a Studio at Kidani instead of OKW.OKW has two Queen beds.AKV only one and a Sofabed,so much I already know.Now I´m wondering how comfortable those SOfabeds are.Firm/Soft-any experiences would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Conny

Hi,I scaned to as many pages as I could but didn´t find an answer so I hope somebody here could tell me more.
My sister convinced me to book a Studio at Kidani instead of OKW.OKW has two Queen beds.AKV only one and a Sofabed,so much I already know.Now I´m wondering how comfortable those SOfabeds are.Firm/Soft-any experiences would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Conny

My oldest dd slept on it last time. She said it was comfortable, but she's not here right now so I can't tell you if it was soft or firm. She liked it though and plans on sleeping on it next trip. :)

I have not personally slept on the sleeper sofa but in doing research before reserveing a bdrm for the 4 of us, I read that the mattress is fairly thick and comfortable, and there is no bar across that bothers ones back when sleeping. Perhaps someone can give a first hand account having slept on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter