The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed IPO about the stuff you could order and they sent me a powerpoint of it. There isn't much and nothing that DF and I would like (we're somewhat picky eaters).

what do we need to bring to make coffee? just the grounds, or filters too?

coffee is provided. As far as I know the ground coffee is already within in a filter. So if you want to use your own coffee, you need to bring filters as well.

Asked and answered, but just wanted to add that I always bring my own coffee and filters and get milk at Mara to store in the fridge. (The packet w/ coffee and stirring stick and sweetener does include powdered creamer though).

one more question....
what are the different locations of viewing areas?
tia!

There are viewing areas along the Trails (hotel corridors) - you'll come to almost a "window seat" with ceiling-to-floor glass and a bench and/or chairs. Oftentimes we've been heading back to the room and stopped for 15 min. or so to gaze at 3 or 4 giraffes eating from the trees!
Also, the entire Arusha Rock area, off of the main lobby is the biggie :thumbsup2
Another one is the balcony off of the Sunset Lounge on the 3d floor, just beyond the check-in desk. It overlooks the Sunset Savannah.

#1hockeymom years ago gave one of the best tips ever: walk to the very ends of the trails and go out on the exterior staircases to get a rare glimpse of the "back" of the savannah - where the savannahs join. This can be an excellent view :wizard:

I emailed IPO about the stuff you could order and they sent me a powerpoint of it. There isn't much and nothing that DF and I would like (we're somewhat picky eaters).

Is there any way you would be able to email me a copy of that powerpoint with the room service offerings. We will be going in June and I would love to set up a few treats for everyone after a long day in the parks.

Kathy

Asked and answered, but just wanted to add that I always bring my own coffee and filters and get milk at Mara to store in the fridge. (The packet w/ coffee and stirring stick and sweetener does include powdered creamer though).

There are viewing areas along the Trails (hotel corridors) - you'll come to almost a "window seat" with ceiling-to-floor glass and a bench and/or chairs. Oftentimes we've been heading back to the room and stopped for 15 min. or so to gaze at 3 or 4 giraffes eating from the trees!
Also, the entire Arusha Rock area, off of the main lobby is the biggie :thumbsup2
Another one is the balcony off of the Sunset Lounge on the 3d floor, just beyond the check-in desk. It overlooks the Sunset Savannah.

#1hockeymom years ago gave one of the best tips ever: walk to the very ends of the trails and go out on the exterior staircases to get a rare glimpse of the "back" of the savannah - where the savannahs join. This can be an excellent view :wizard:

thanks for the info!:thumbsup2
looks like we are stuck with a standard, unless by some miracle something better opens up in the next 6 days, so I figured we could request to be near a viewing area. sounds like basically near the lobby or at the very end of a trail.

thanks for the info!:thumbsup2
looks like we are stuck with a standard, unless by some miracle something better opens up in the next 6 days, so I figured we could request to be near a viewing area. sounds like basically near the lobby or at the very end of a trail.

I really think you'll love the resort no matter where your room is BUT when you're checking in, they will show you on the resort map where your assigned room is (if your room is not yet ready, then they can only show you the AREA it's in.) Study the map (actually, study it NOW so that you're familiar http://allears.net/acc/aklmap.jpg ) and just speak with the person if you have concerns. Between the great kids' activities and enjoying the pool (flamingo area is on the far left side when you walk out, with Uzima Savannah beyond that) walking down the "Trails" and checking out Arusha Rock, I really think you're going to get your "fill" of animals. AKL is so awesome :banana: Enjoy!

IPO gave it to me as one of the options through in room dining. They described it as;

I've seen pictures on the DIS of the truffles themselves, not of any chocolate ribbon, nor of this AKL box, nor of the combination with the pot and fruit. So, I'm going to guess it's new and perhaps in place of the old Indaba. The truffels I've seen looked nice, so we'll just see. They are supposed to be African inspired truffles. Whatever it means and is, we'll find out on september 20th. :thumbsup2

Another option that was mentioned was;

Looking at the in room dining menu (which we have by now found to be outdated), it seems like it's a cheaper per piece price than the option of having a zebra dome as a dessert, which is $7,49. Which makes you wonder if these zebra domes are smaller and/or if that chocolate logo ribbon thingie is small. Don't think Disney would lower their prices. :rotfl2:

Thanks for this info. I'm looking for something to have in June for my husband and I on our birthday trip. I called yesterday it see if they do a small zebra cake. They said no. I heard to was an awesome tasting cake. :sad2: I just didn't wanna shell out $48 +tax & gratuity and have to throw out half the cake because there will be only two of us eating it. May be I should try the zebra domes & logo. :confused3

Pookie, I can understand your feeling! I would think the offer with the 3 regular zebra domes would be the next best thing to fit your wishes and size. Allthough, 3 for 2 people..... doesn't that sound like fighting over the 3rd one? ;)

Like Kathy, I'm also curious what was on it. Is there a possibility you could post the info on this thread?

Like Kathy, I'm also curious what was on it. Is there a possibility you could post the info on this thread?

I'm also curious. We didn't order a cake since there are only 3 of us and we're not big dessert eaters.

PookieB -- I know that you can get either a Cinderella's slipper dessert (small) or a mini-cheesecake (reportedly very small for 2) at the GF restaurants. We've order the slipper at CRT this trip. Of course, you can't have these delivered to your room at AKL, but if you're dining at any of these places you could special-order them.:)

I can't get it to work because I just got a new laptop and nothing is installed yet, but if you guys leave your emails or message me with them I'll forward the powerpoint to you and maybe someone could try and post it.

Pookie, I can understand your feeling! I would think the offer with the 3 regular zebra domes would be the next best thing to fit your wishes and size. Allthough, 3 for 2 people..... doesn't that sound like fighting over the 3rd one? ;)
:rotfl: For sure!

PookieB -- I know that you can get either a Cinderella's slipper dessert (small) or a mini-cheesecake (reportedly very small for 2) at the GF restaurants. We've order the slipper at CRT this trip. Of course, you can't have these delivered to your room at AKL, but if you're dining at any of these places you could special-order them.:)

Thanks! No GF or CRT ressies this trip but we are eating at Ohana's one night. May be I can order a mini surprise cake there.

Sounds like a marketing oppertunity, those small cakes. Hopefully you can find something fitting to your trip, Pookie!

Rachael, I'm not overly savvy with this stuff, but if you email me, I'll give it a try and see if I can upload it for you. You can find me at ****

OK - I have the PowerPoint presentation and am working on it!

Anyone know if they'll let the AKL guests try out the new pool at Kidani? We'll be there from April 25-May 2, and I assume it will be completed that week and ready to go. I was hoping they might let us over for a peek and a swim???

We are hoping for the same thing.

According to DVCNews, it sounds like we will... http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=569&Itemid=81

"According to DVC Sales Director Mike Brunson, the new pool complex will be open to all guests staying at either Kidani Village or Jambo House at Disney's Animal Kindom Lodge and Villas.

This should put to rest speculation that use of the new pool may be limited to guests registered at Kidani Village only."

AKL IPO Offerings

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/AKL IPO Offerings/f5412726.jpg
Cookies and Milk
1 ea 3 oz plug of oatmeal raisin
1 ea 3 oz plug white chocolate macadamia nut
2 ea 3 ox plug chocolate chip
28 oz 2% milk

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/AKL IPO Offerings/158795f5.jpg
Kids Create a Cone
2 ea cones
3.25 oz yellow cake batter, batch
1 oz butter cream, batch
.5 oz chocolate glaze coating (bakery)
.25 oz white chocolate glaze coating (bakery)
2 ea (.01 oz) marchanio cherries
3 ea 1 oz white chocolate ruffle cups (chocolates a la carte)
.3 oz colored jimmies
.3 oz Mickey quinns
.3 oz mini m&m’s

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/AKL IPO Offerings/86657c1d.jpg
African Inspired Truffles - $30
1 ea logo ribbon (chocolates a la carte)
.5 ea Coco pod (chocolates a la carte)
.75 oz shredded coconut
5 each assorted truffles (chocolates a la carte)
1.5 oz fresh strawberries
.5 oz fresh blueberries
2 oz champagne grapes (ordered into Jiko)
.02 oz chocolate glaze coating (bakery)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/AKL IPO Offerings/8151ee26.jpg

Zebra Domes - $20
3 ea small zebra domes, batch

Zebra Domes with Sparkling Wines
5 ea small zebra domes, batch
1 ea bottle of sparkling wine, Graham Beck Demi Sec Bliss

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/AKL IPO Offerings/77aa6b3f.jpg
The Sundowner
2 oz dried apricots
1.5 oz candied dates
3 oz Landjager sausage (from Jiko, Greiers co.)
3 oz African spiced nuts, batch
.25 oz shredded coconut
.25 oz mini m&m’s
.5 oz raisins
.5 oz dried cranberries

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/AKL IPO Offerings/455d9ab2.jpg
Artisanal Cheese and Seasonal Fruit
2 oz dried fruit chutney, batch from Vic falls
4 oz fresh strawberries
3 oz Champagne grapes (from Jiko)
1 oz fresh raspberries
1 oz fresh blueberries
2 oz lavosh crackers, batch
1.5 oz Purple Haze Cheese
1.5 oz Humbolt Fog Cheese
1.5 oz Cravot cheese (Jiko)

Elin; thanks for posting, that was quick!

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking the pot-thingy is quite... bland? Somehow doesn't look that.. big, impressive or spectacular when you've seen what they could do with the Inbada.

Elin; thanks for posting, that was quick!

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking the pot-thingy is quite... bland? Somehow doesn't look that.. big, impressive or spectacular when you've seen what they could do with the Inbada.

Which "pot-thingy" are you talking about? And... we don't know how much any of this costs either!

thank you for posting it! i didn't find anything that looked good enough to spend a decent amount of money on. i wish they still had the inbada

I have to say, if it were me... I would go down to Mara and buy a whole container of Zebra Domes and pop open my own bottle of wine. Either shipped from home, purchased at the F&W Festival or delivered by WeGoShop or another shopping company! I am betting it would be a lot cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter