The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if kimmar is here, I am here!
Cant wait to be an AKL vet! We hav a 1 bdr SV villa when we get back from our cruise. Just going to enjoy the resort for 2 days!!! :)

Does anybody know what type of cards the ATM cash machine in the lobby takes ie Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Cirrius???

I saw pictures of a queen bed, bunk beds and the day bed made up. What type of room was that? I've not seen a room with both bunk and day bed. I love the list of activities. I would say that AKL and AKV have the most activities. I would not mind a rainy day at this resort.

I saw pictures of a queen bed, bunk beds and the day bed made up. What type of room was that? I've not seen a room with both bunk and day bed. I love the list of activities. I would say that AKL and AKV have the most activities. I would not mind a rainy day at this resort.

That was a deluxe room on the 5th or 6th floor. These rooms have been converted to AKV.

I don't know :confused3 I've asked this a few times...is it a dumb question? We were going to eat at the lodge,and wondered if any of the lobby activities having to do with animals were available to guests not staying here? You know,just visitors?Maybe someone here might know.......:goodvibes

I don't know :confused3 I've asked this a few times...is it a dumb question? We were going to eat at the lodge,and wondered if any of the lobby activities having to do with animals were available to guests not staying here? You know,just visitors?Maybe someone here might know.......:goodvibes

It's actually a very good question! Sorry I don't know the answer with certainty; but I can tell you that AKL CM's will graciously welcome you! They would love for you to explore the resort. The CMs outside in the animal viewing areas will gladly spend time with you, giving your family lots of great information about the animals and their native land. (they don't care if you're staying at the resort or not.)

At various times during the day, there will be CM's in the lobby with artifacts and such. Again, they don't care if you're a resort guest or not.

Someone may correct me, but I truly feel that you're welcome to explore the resort and take part in any activity (such as the story-telling) that is "free". I'm just not sure about some of the activities where there's a small (supplies) fee involved. :confused3 (but it never hurts to ask!)

:laughing: That sure was a long way of saying "YES! Go visit and enjoy the resort!" I'm sure the CM's want you to fall in love with it (as many of us have! :cloud9:) so that it will be your next WDW vacation destination! ;)

I would love to keep track of this board - hate to see the old one had closed - i only had time to read the first 80 pages.... We will be honeymooning at AKL 1/6-1/13. This is also our first trip ever to WDW. Can't wait to keep up with this thread!! We are counting down the days!!!

I just now realized that there are two new AKL threads. I know, I'm not the swiftest boat in the race! Oh well, more to read for me, it's all good! :goodvibes

Alrighty, we have 21 days to go! :woohoo: We have booked a savanna bunk bed room and are wondering where in the resort are they located? Are they scattered all around, or are they mostly in one area? We asked to be close to the lobby in the Arusha Savannah. That is only because my DH is a smoker and we need to be semi close to the DSA's. TIA and cannot wait to get there!!!

Just a reminder that this is a resort planning thread. If you wish to contact another poster please do so by PM. Thank you.

Disneymooner2008: From what I understand, the DVC construction is on the Kudu trail side of the hotel. Now I'm not sure if this will have any affect at all on anything going on at the AKL, maybe someone else can chime in on that. I've requested a room on the Zebra Trail, Arusha Savannah side. If you look on the map here http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm, you'll have a better idea of where everything is. It seems to me that the restaurants and the pool are all on the Zebra Trail side, so if that's important to you then I'd request that end. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter