The All New Pop Century FAR OUT FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I do! What is the time of the food court? Does anyone know how much pizza is and if they sell slices or only by the pie? Is the actual building where you check-in and where food/store is located laid out just like the All-Star hotels?

Originally posted by Pkdcoastrs
The time is coming soon!! These three days are going to go soooooooooo sloooooooowwwwwwww. I'm really excited to be staying in this resort and look foward to having a great trip.

You are reallllllllly going to like it there. I was thinking about getting into DVC, then thought WHY? I will return to PC for every trip, the price is GREAT for what you get. Disney at it's finest.

Have great time!:earsboy:

Originally posted by Pkdcoastrs
Yes I do! What is the time of the food court? Does anyone know how much pizza is and if they sell slices or only by the pie? Is the actual building where you check-in and where food/store is located laid out just like the All-Star hotels?

The checkin, Cafe, gift shop and arcade is all in ONE main bldg. Which is very nice & the walls are decorated with memoribilia.
Very much like the All STARS.

The "offical" time of the cafe is 6:00am to Midnight....However after a late night seeing the late show of Fantasmic, we arrived at 11:30pm only the HOT (more expensive)food section was open. Along with one Service island (soda,coffee,tea). IT was mobbed. I thought that was kind of silly. They should have everything open till 12:00..or on late park nights, stay open a bit later.

I didnt order pizza by the slice, but they do have individual pies. And you can buy a pie. :earsboy:

Speaking of the pizza, I read somewhere that you can also have some sandwiches, salads, etc... delivered to your room as well as the pizza. My first question is, is this true? My second question is, what specifically is available for in-room delivery? And my third question is, what hours is this available? Thanks! :teeth:

Originally posted by SRUAlmn
Speaking of the pizza, I read somewhere that you can also have some sandwiches, salads, etc... delivered to your room as well as the pizza. My first question is, is this true? My second question is, what specifically is available for in-room delivery? And my third question is, what hours is this available? Thanks! :teeth:

I am pretty sure only pizza can be delievered to your room...and a desert. Its is pricey. One night I ordered a pie, garlic sticks, and a slice of tye-dyed cheese cake (which was YUK), and a 2 liter soda...with all the charges it came to 38.00.

I think the hours are also till midnight!

:crazy:

The price for the individual pizza is abround $5 and the large pizza is around $14. You can get salads delivered as well as desserts and soda but I don't remember seeing sandwiches. It's expensive for delivery. You can order the same pizza in the food court and it is pretty quick.

Just back from 4 nights at Pop -- our first stay at a Value. Our room was in the 80's A building, pretty far from everything. We had a king bed room overlooking the computer monitor pool. Noise wasn't enough of a problem to interfere with sleep although the preteens and teens sometimes had huge games of Marco Polo going. Didn't hear neighbors, don't know if we had any. Food court was crowded and noisy on Saturday evening, while rain fell (not a pop-up thunderstorm, actual rain). Only used transportation to MK for enight, and it was good.

Huge lines at guest services. DH had to pick up a package sent by a friend and waited at least 1/2 hour and heard lots of complaints about room keys and tickets on keys not working. It was the swan song for our APs so that didn't affect us.

Overall it was a good stay.

Thanks so much! I've looked at menus on that site a million times and never noticed that was there :)

Hey Tyler!

Quick question? What is the physical address of POP Century Resort? I need it to get driving directions from Mapquest. princess:

Do you have AAA? I used their online directions, which led me directly to POP in April! They were great! ;)

Here is the address that's listed in Passporter:

1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I too needed directions, but when I plugged this address into Mapquest it said the address was unknown or something to that effect. I think I may try a AAA triptik. Let me know if you get better results :)

Originally posted by disneyfan551
Do you have AAA? I used their online directions, which led me directly to POP in April! They were great! ;)

MapQuest will not provide you with directions to Pop Century.

However, if you use Expedia.com maps, you can use Victory Way, Orlando FL, 32830

Only 5 days left and 7 months of planning, PS's, packing, waiting and now Charlie... WHAT... after all this time I have to worry about a darn, tropical storm, or maybe even a hurricane.... Well not me. Afer reading every post and learning ever thing I can about POP, and disney things, from this board, Nothing and I mean Nothing is going to stop me... Were going to enjoy ourselves no matter what..... POP here were come..

Good for you mike2u, have a FANTASTIC time. A couple of years ago, we were there during Gordon and although it rained sideways we enjoyed AK and Epcot with almost no crowds. :teeth:

Originally posted by mike2u
Only 5 days left and 7 months of planning, PS's, packing, waiting and now Charlie... WHAT... after all this time I have to worry about a darn, tropical storm, or maybe even a hurricane.... Well not me. Afer reading every post and learning ever thing I can about POP, and disney things, from this board, Nothing and I mean Nothing is going to stop me... Were going to enjoy ourselves no matter what..... POP here were come..

We here on the boards will ALL shoooooooo Charlie way out to the east for you!

COME ON EVERYONE>>>>>SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

For the record, I went down 7/25 to 8/1 & the weather channel predicted gloom & doom. We had one night of serious rain, and one afternoon of light showers. None of it stopped us.

In fact we were in the pool the afternoon of showers. WDW resorts ONLY close the pools if it rains too hard & the Lifeguards can't see the bottom or there is lightning within 6 miles. It was fun to swim in the rain!

Also (being a minor weather junkie) the local news in Orlando predicted sever storms all day...everyday...they never came!!!!

You will have a blast...enjoy

:earsboy:

Just for the record here...I must say the Lifeguards at the PC pools are the TOP of the LINE. I have been to 100's of pools in my life. But never was I as impressed with the way these lifeguards operate.

I kept watching to see if their eyes ever wandered from the pools...they never did. The constantly walk around. And if anyone tries to do something that could cause harm...THEY WERE RIGHT THERE to stop it.
In fact they seemed rather military like in there jobs. I wouldn't mess with any of them.
Really, pay attention when you go, I was extremly impressed by there no nonsense approach.

:earsboy:

I'm not worried.. toooooooooooooooooooooooo many things to do for a tropical storm to stop me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter