The All New Pop Century FAR OUT FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed @ Pop in January - loved our room. In the preferred (60s) building, 4th floor, facing Hippy Dippy Pool & food court. Room 4402. Noise was never a problem; thermostat seemed to work fine - we were always comfortable. Have a GREAT time - I can't wait to go back!! ;) Laura from Marietta, GA

Possible to relax?

We have never stayed at the values before....and we might stay at POP for a last minute 2 week trip in early June...(fingers crossed)
I've heard all good things....but I'm just nervous...it's my DD (16) and I and we would like to be able to relax...since we're (fingers crossed again) planning to stay for 2 weeks...we don't want to rush things and would love to just hang out and relax by the pool and enjoy the resort...

1)Should i risk it...or just upgrade?
2)what building would be best for "relaxation"

:wave2:

Tyler or anyone that can answer this question, if I change my reservations to a smoking room , would it be possible to get a pool facing room? DH smokes a pipe but will do without to get a pool view. He knows there is only a possiblilty to get a view of the pool. I made my reservations for a nonsmoking room but still have time to change them. TIA :Pinkbounc April

We just returned from VB and the WDW. I stayed 2 nights at Pop Century with my 2 kids(before meeting up with the rest of my family) I think the higher floors are more relaxing.........just my opinion. We were in the 70's building on the 4th floor across from the big wheel. The other side of the building faces the water and that would be nice as well. I think we were a 3 minute walk to everything............food court, pool, transportation, parking lot. In my opinion, I think a first floor pool room might be a bit noisier.

My DD(14) loved the Hippy Dippy Pool. She was also the family photo journalist and took lots of digital pics and did some camcordering as well. We ate one meal in the food court which was good. I had the sloppy joe and my kids shared the chicken fingers. The next evening, we stopped there and picked up a piece of tye dyed cheesecake for a late night dessert........yummy!

With a two week stay, I would probably change resorts midway. But, that's just because I like to try different resorts. Disney will transfer your bags for you. It is really convenient!

Whooo Hoooo..we are now booked to stay at POP-see my signature!!!
Okay now some questions..
1)Can we bring our own beverages to the pool? I was hoping to make a pit stop at the store and buy beer/coolers for us.
2)Our wedding will be taking place at The Swan-what is the best way to arrange to get my guests from POP to The Swan??? There won't be many people to transport maybe 15-can guest services arrange mears or some other van to haul 'em over and then back when we are done? What about cabs-any idea how much it cost one way?? I don't really want to send people on the bus to TTC and back to the swan or to a park and then switch to a resort bus.
3)I have booked preferred..I wanted to request a upper level room and to have our group fairly close together..they will book preferred as well..when should I do this-shortly before we travel?

OHhhh I just can't wait!!::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo
Grover in Winnipeg

For point-to-point travel for groups, use meers 407.423.5566

That is the official recomendation I got from Disney for a similar situation.

I just talked to them for my own planning.
A Bus holds 47 people. Cost includes gratuity
- Roundtrip Airport transportation $500/bus scheduled at your convenience
- (on property) One-Way Motorcoach $186/bus
- (on property) Round Trip Motorcoach $312/bus
- Charter (0-5 hours) as many trips as you want to take $390
-- additional hours $78/hr

Anyone know about how much to travel via cab, from Pop to the Pirate Dinner show, off resort? considering this for our trip in June.
Thank you!

For point-to-point travel for groups, use meers 407.423.5566

That is the official recomendation I got from Disney for a similar situation.

I just talked to them for my own planning.
A Bus holds 47 people. Cost includes gratuity
- Roundtrip Airport transportation $500/bus scheduled at your convenience
- (on property) One-Way Motorcoach $186/bus
- (on property) Round Trip Motorcoach $312/bus
- Charter (0-5 hours) as many trips as you want to take $390
-- additional hours $78/hr

Wow-that is way more than I thought! I will only have 15 people or so to transport-guess it would be cheaper to rent two mini vans or something for the day. But then you have to worry about drinking and driving-arghh-why can't this be easy!
Are those prices you noted for mears or for some other bus disney uses?

Anyone know what the cab ride to The Swan would cost???
Grover in Winnipeg

I thought you had a group...

For only 15 people use one of the town car services. THey can send a couple of 9 passenger vans for you. Lots cheaper. Busses only make sense for 30 or more. Since you have more than 14 you'll have to go to 2 vehicles, so I think the 9 passengers will probably work out the best.

Hi Tyler,

We are going to POP 4/28-5/4 with a small group. We do not have preferred rooms. We would like to know what is the best building to request to be near the hippy dippy pool. We have 4 rooms booked. Any information would be appreciated!!

PS I like your name it is the same as our son's:)

Only one week until we arrive at the PC for our first trip to Disney. We can't wait!!! I have requested 2 non-smoking connecting rooms in the 50's building. Can anyone tell me if they have non-smoking buildings, non-smoking floors or just non smoking rooms. Don't care how far we are away from the pools or the food court or the parking lot as long as we get a nice fresh non-smoking room. It will start our holiday off on a very bad note if we smell smoke. The whole family is very sensitive to smoke, especially DD who has asthma. Any suggestions?

I think I remember reading this a long, long way back into this post. The non-smoking buildings are:
50s - 2000
50s - 3000
70s - 6000
70s - 0000
80s - 7000
80s - 9000

The 50s - 1000 bldg has smoking rooms, as does the 90s - 8000 bldg, and both of the preferred 60s (4000 & 5000.) It's my understanding that these aren't completely "smoking," but have smoking rooms available.

Even though they are NON-SMOKING ROOMS! You have SMOKERS staying in them and smoking outside!

I think that kinda defeats the purpose! At one point I could smell the smoke in our room! Luckily the people next to us left in the morning!

So be prepared!

Scratch
pirate:

Mom3Rn: We took a taxi from Pop Century to the Pirate Dinner in early April and it ended up $25.00 each way plus tip. The fare was calculated like a regular taxi as we drove there, though we did hit a traffic jam and I think the driver may have spared us a little bit of the $$ that added up while we were sitting there. He just charged us the same amount on the way back. There were six of us so that morning I asked luggage assistance to arrange a taxi van to pick us up at PC. We then arranged with the driver to pick us up at the Pirate Dinner at about 10:15, which worked out perfectly. I called a van/limo service to see what they would charge and it was $65 round trip. If haven't gotten your Pirate Dinner tickets, be sure to buy them online as there is a discount.

I'm a smoker myself. and I did request a smoking room - hopefully I get one as it isn't fair to others who do not smoke. As for smoking outside - well - outside is outside.

Sinny

Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
While at the Pop Century last week we had several rooms and no problems with the room temp. either. So maybe I'm lucky too. I believe that most of the problems where when the resort first opened, and have been corrected now. :wave:

We were at the POP 4/5-4/10 (80" bldg) and the temp outside was in the mid to high 80's most days. We never had any problem with the temp in the room. DH cant stand hot, in fact he wears shorts in 60 degree weather, and he was comfortable day and night. He even got up early in the AM to turn the temp up for me to 70 for when I got out of bed (brrrr :) ). Have a great time at POP.

Does anyone know if Everything Pop has a Kodak Picture Express? A place where you can download you digital camera picture card onto a CD.

I know they have these stations in the parks, but I was wondering if the resorts had them too.

thanks

Going down to Fla 5/3-5/10, Palm Coast,Melboure Beach and then on to POP..have read all your suggestions and comments on POP and can't wait to see it..we have used our points up for the year and got POP for 49+tax which comes to 65..Used to staying at a VILLA for our time in Disney but I am real excited about POP..sounds like fun..One question for Tlyer..my husband is 70 years young but has trouble walking long distances,can they give us a room near the pool with it not being the preferred area?Which building would you suggest for us? TIA Marianne :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter