The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're driving about 4 hours from our home to San Antonio for one night and flying to Orlando the next morning. Then renting a car while we're there, and doing the whole thing in reverse! We only have American Eagle at our airport and can't get any direct flights. So we actually save money and "active" travel time (if you don't count spending the night!).

yeah, I save about 100 bucks by driving down 4 hours to the other airports :confused3 and, I love just being able to get on a plane and a few hours be there... driving all the way is just not an option for me and DD. I have a hard enough time making that 4 hour drive. ::yes::

6 hour flight from Los Angeles and then ME to BWV. We are arriving late (the time change kills us) and then if we are not dead... Magic Kingdom here we come!!! :cool1:

...Can't seem to delete this post. Sorry everyone.

Anyhoo, I'm really loving the idea of this thread! I'm definitely going to keep a tabs on this one! Especially I'm someone who will also be there in June!

I am IN for the photo safari!!!

Cool idea and I can't wait to see what people choose as their pics!

Question for everyone: how are you getting there? Flying? Driving? Renting a car? Magical express? Yes or no?

Just curious!!

We're flying and originally we were going to take the magical express in but we have decided to add a stop at Universal first. We're definitely finishing up at Disney though! It's the only way I think! :woohoo: haha We are taking the magical express back to the airport though.

...Can't seem to delete this post. Sorry everyone.

Anyhoo, I'm really loving the idea of this thread! I'm definitely going to keep a tabs on this one! Especially I'm someone who will also be there in June!

Why would you want to delete your post? Don't do that!:confused3 We like posts! :rotfl2:

Anyone interested...
We just finished recording episode 8 on disdads podcast on iTunes.. It is the great dining plan debate can't say that it's "the great" but we did hit some good highlights about the advantages and disadvantages and some tricks and tips on the dining plan. I also did a brief Pre-trip report about our upcoming stay at the poly. Anyone interested in listening to disdads dribble let me know and I will post a link to the podcast Should be edited and posted to iTunes by Monday!:thumbsup2

If you have a husband that is kind of crazy about all things Disney, have him come by and join our disdads forum/thread we have a blast! we post things about trucks, fishing, computers and Disney princesses, and our families!:thumbsup2:cool1:
Disdads forum

We're driving about 4 hours from our home to San Antonio for one night and flying to Orlando the next morning. Then renting a car while we're there, and doing the whole thing in reverse! We only have American Eagle at our airport and can't get any direct flights. So we actually save money and "active" travel time (if you don't count spending the night!).

Driving 2+ hours to the airport, first short flight to Seattle and then on to Orlando. On the way home we land and midnight and then have to get the car and drive home, exhausting!

yeah, I save about 100 bucks by driving down 4 hours to the other airports :confused3 and, I love just being able to get on a plane and a few hours be there... driving all the way is just not an option for me and DD. I have a hard enough time making that 4 hour drive. ::yes::
Oh I am dreading our 15 min ride to the airport!:rotfl2: it's going to be terrible especially since we took a limo which cost us $15 more than our required two cab ride! (Sarcasm! Can you tell?)
I really feel for you guys! I can't imagine how hard it would be to do those long drives with little ones!

6 hour flight from Los Angeles and then ME to BWV. We are arriving late (the time change kills us) and then if we are not dead... Magic Kingdom here we come!!! :cool1:

Just gives you an excuse to add a couple days to your trip! (to get acclimated to our time zone):rotfl2:

We are headed to Fort Wilderness for the first time ever June 13th to 19th. We just bought our first motorhome ever. We have had afew TT. The DW and I are take DD and 2 DGD. Grand kids are 5 and 3. We plan to put them to bed around 10 Sunday night and drive all night to get to DW. We have several charater meals planned. I'm in Australia till June the 5th for work. So it will be a short week for packing everything in to MH for the trip when I get home. :cool1:

We are headed to Fort Wilderness for the first time ever June 13th to 19th. We just bought our first motorhome ever. We have had afew TT. The DW and I are take DD and 2 DGD. Grand kids are 5 and 3. We plan to put them to bed around 10 Sunday night and drive all night to get to DW. We have several charater meals planned. I'm in Australia till June the 5th for work. So it will be a short week for packing everything in to MH for the trip when I get home. :cool1:

That is just awesome! I know it's cliche but when my wife and I retire we plan on getting a motor home and be nomads!:rotfl2: the sites at ft wilderness are beautiful but I think they are the most expensive in the US!:thumbsup2

It's been a long time coming, but today we are teens....

19 Days to Go!!!

DH just asked me if that means by the time we go we'll be little kids :rotfl:

We're driving from Pittsburgh. The plan is to leave as soon as the kids get off the school bus (half day/last day of school). We originally intended to drive straight through but that would get us to Orlando around 4 am! Instead we will stop somewhere to sleep for a few hours.

We have three kids - our oldest (DD) has been in on the planning but my two boys (8 and 12) have no idea we're going. I can't wait to see their faces when they get off the school bus and we tell them to get in the car because WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

We are taking 1 1/2 hours to make the 1 hour drive to the airport :lmao: My parents bought a new home last week and want to borrow our van while we are gone to start the move. that means we drive the 45 min to their house then another 45 min to the airport instead of the direct route. BUT it will save us the parking $$ and if they will get us there by 4:30 am, I guess I don't care!

toomanycars...can we have a copy of the photosafari graphic? I'll add it on the flipside of my Team June bag tag!

only six more work days left! :yay::yay: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

only 13 days left till I am at Disney, only 12 till I leave my home!

only 3 days till online check in! :woohoo:

Sorry, I feel like bursting into song or something... Think i've watched a few too many musicals... hay, Disney movies are musicals!

Late but here:
1) Have you received Mickey Mail? If so, what?
Idk....DSis gets all that

2) Do you pack specific clothes just for Disney (shirts, shoes, etc)? If so, let us know what.*
Ummmm Thinking of doing some special iron shirts this trip for DS n I

3) Do you recommend online check-in or not? Why?
Idk another DSis task

4) Are you making a specific room request?*
Idk ask DSis....my planning is a lil different*

5) Name 5 things that we should NOT forget to pack for Disney?
Pins, watch or cell, clothes, autograph books/pen, good walking shoes

6) Give a restaurant review of one of the places on the June list that people will be visiting. (see page 1- pick any restaurant and review)
Ummmmm yeah*

7) Give a hotel review for a place on property. Tell someone your favorite thing to do at that hotel. (see page 1- pick an hotel and tell your favorite thing to do)
Idk for me probley take pictures luv taking pictures

8) Would you be interested in a DisMeet for June?*
Yes

9) Are you going to sport your LGMH or June logo? If so, should we stop and say hello?*
Trying to do a shirt for DSis n I or at least me n yes do stop n say hello

10) What things should we remember to do for while we are away? (Ex: have cats fed, stop mail, stop newspaper?)
Stop mail that's all for me no more pets n no newspaper

N def count me in on the photo safri I luv taking pics n will have my iPad in the parks so I can keep up wit the list....:wizard:

Oh I hope my signature worked putting the sign in!

15 days to go. I think I"ll try calling again today to see if any Pirate League slots have opened. DD wants to do the new mermaid package.

we'll be driving. It's about a 9 hour drive from here, but because of our plans the weekend before, we're not going directly down.
We leave next Friday :cool1: and drive 4-5 hours (depending on traffic and stops) to my sister's house in south GA, then Saturday we'll drive 4 hours down to Panama City, FL and spend the day there for an extended family get together, then we'll drive back to my sister's house. We're staying with her Saturday and Sunday night, then driving the 4 hours down to Orlando Monday. Disney vacation starts the next day! On the way back we're stopping at her house to spend the night. With 2 toddlers it'll be nice to break the drive up some.

13 Days! Only 9 until we leave... 8 till DH is off work :) 6 more days of work... and 3 days till online check in! :lmao::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter