• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.... weird dilema....

We have BBB appt Wed June 22nd @ 10:10am

I also have a CRT ADR for 11:50 lunch, however I am a SUPER picky eater, I do not like the lunch menu..... Is it ever possible they allow you to get entree's offered at dinner? I dont think they do...

Anyways....

The earliest CRT dinner ADR is at 3:50 and I went ahead and held the reservation for that too.... now I have to decide which one I will cancel.... There are not currently any BBB apptmnts for later.... Do you think its too much time between BBB & CRT?? My DD4 will be so excited by all of this, I want it to be super special.... Will it be too much to do BBB at 10am and then tour the park untill 3:50 "dinner" ??????

Help! LOL

Add us to the list. My little guy and I are going for two weeks beginning June 20. We've been many times but still can't wait!!!!:cool1:

Add Minnesota to the list :cool1: :thumbsup2

I've been on the DISboard forever and never saw this thread until now!

We will be at DW June 5 through 19.

"I've been on the DISboard forever and never saw this thread until now!

We will be at DW June 5 through 19. "

Ditto,,,Arkansas here (we are already on the chart) June25-July1!!!

That's so funny. I am actually the nut that BOUGHT THEM for DH! :rotfl2: You see, my DB (who will be turning the BIG 2-0 in 2 days) is in the Navy, and he convinced me that all the Navy guys have been using them to "work out" in (meaning run/train). I thought they were WAY to much money not to have DH like them, so i found a great coupon code on retailmenot.com and saved a bunch of $$$... and he loved them! He runs in them everyday since Christmas! (and THREE theme park trips later... they are still in great shape.

he he he! I'm just kidding anyway. If my DH wanted to wear them, I would completely not care. It's his choice. I just think they don't look comfortable at all. I wasn't a big fan of toe socks either. :rotfl:

Add us to the list. My little guy and I are going for two weeks beginning June 20. We've been many times but still can't wait!!!!:cool1:

welcome. I added you to the list. I didn't know your exact dates or hotel though so I just put in what I could.

Add Minnesota to the list :cool1: :thumbsup2

I've been on the DISboard forever and never saw this thread until now!

We will be at DW June 5 through 19.

Great! Welcome! I added you to our list on page 1. I just didn't know your hotel information. Glad you finally found us!

Wow, two updates to my pre-Trip report in two days...that must mean the trip is getting closer! :thumbsup2

I've spent too much time on the phone with Amtrak in the last two days now. My DH is so upset about their pricing policies that he is saying NEVER again! Problem is...I kinda want to take the train to Florida again in November 2012 if all goes well. :rotfl: :rotfl:

For a fleeting moment last night I was considering flying instead. Talk about drastic changes to a trip! I decided against it in the end. We'll stick with the train for NOW! ;) ;) ;)

Today is my last day at work this week and I cannot wait for it to be over. Come on 3pm! Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful weather here in Maryland...in the 80s I think the weatherman said this morning! :banana: Talk about preparing for Florida! We will head south for about an 8-hour drive to visit my parents and spend the Easter holiday with them in NC. I'm looking forward to getting to the beach and hoping for some nice warm weather! :banana: :worship: Maybe I can start to get a little bit of sun on my pasty-white self! :laughing:

So not sure how much I'll be checking in from there. I plan to take my Netbook with me so we'll see how it goes. Still trying to decide if I should do my Easter bunny shopping before we leave and take it all with us or wait until we get down there? :confused:

I'm glad someone is having nice weather. We're still getting SNOW here. UGH!

One of the guys that I work with now is a long time Chicago native (moved here just for a teaching job) and said the only thing he doesn't miss is the fact is the snow during this time of the year. Springs are so much nicer here in MD. It is cloudy today but at least no snow in the forecast.

It's cloudy here today so maybe I can get some packing in. I ordered matching tshirts yesterday and got some new bathing suits for the kids and myself so things are moving right along.

We're headed up to NY for Easter so I gotta pack for the weekend. I'm gonna bring easter basket goodies for the kids, will the packing ever end?

I just want to be in Disney already, I think I have 50 days left.

I started laying things out downstairs this weekend. I am soooo overwhelmed right now with trying to get everything done.

Today is my last day at work this week and I cannot wait for it to be over. Come on 3pm! Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful weather here in Maryland...in the 80s I think the weatherman said this morning! :banana: Talk about preparing for Florida! We will head south for about an 8-hour drive to visit my parents and spend the Easter holiday with them in NC. I'm looking forward to getting to the beach and hoping for some nice warm weather! :banana: :worship: Maybe I can start to get a little bit of sun on my pasty-white self! :laughing:

So not sure how much I'll be checking in from there. I plan to take my Netbook with me so we'll see how it goes. Still trying to decide if I should do my Easter bunny shopping before we leave and take it all with us or wait until we get down there? :confused:

Hope you have better weather on the NC Coast than what is expected on the SC Coast. DSis will be taking all the kiddies down to Myrtle Beach for Easter but will have some rain on and off while down there.

1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first? Mexico first

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland? Straight to Fantasyland

3) DO you pin trade? 5 year old really loves to trade pins with CM.

4) Do you penny/coin press? Something new we are going to try this year.

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction? philharmagic

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney? December

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP? QS Dining Plan

8) This trip, parkhopping or not? parkhopping

9) This trip, staying on property or off property? staying on property!

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not? Not

11) What is your favorite Disney smell? The smell when you exit the bus. The smell of Florida is just so different.

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride? It's a small world.

13) What is one character you/your family must see? Tinker Bell and friends

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time? Family shot in front castle.

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days? Pool

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip? Peter Pan or Pooh

OK. Thanks to DIS suggestions I just bought two of these passport holders on a string with a punch of zippered pockets to wear around our necks for carrying the KTW, fast passes, blackberry,etc. (GREAT TIP) I wish that was all I needed, but with 3 kids (8,10,12) in tow I know we will need more with us. At the very least, I figured we would need water bottles, rain ponchos, a couple snacks and sunblock. I am hoping some of you DW veterans can provide this newbie with some insight. What else should I bring? I want to go as light as possible but make sure to cover the bases. Also, would you suggest one backpack or spread it over a couple?:confused3

OK. Thanks to DIS suggestions I just bought two of these passport holders on a string with a punch of zippered pockets to wear around our necks for carrying the KTW, fast passes, blackberry,etc. (GREAT TIP) I wish that was all I needed, but with 3 kids (8,10,12) in tow I know we will need more with us. At the very least, I figured we would need water bottles, rain ponchos, a couple snacks and sunblock. I am hoping some of you DW veterans can provide this newbie with some insight. What else should I bring? I want to go as light as possible but make sure to cover the bases. Also, would you suggest one backpack or spread it over a couple?:confused3

We have two little ones. We bring snacks (juice boxes, fruits snacks-that sort of thing), my camera, water, ponchos, change of clothes for the kids (squeezed into ziplock bags), sunblock, first aid kit, diapers (7), wipes, changing pad, autograph book, cell phones, passport holders, mister fans and we put all of this in two backpacks. My husband and I share the load instead of cramming everything into two bags. I think it's easier this way. It also means you get less tired carrying stuff around all day. With your kids being older, you will not need as much so you may be able to get away with one bag and just trade off and on so you don't have to carry it the whole time. Make sure you don't overpack so that it doesn't take along to get through security in the front of the parks.

We have two little ones. We bring snacks (juice boxes, fruits snacks-that sort of thing), my camera, water, ponchos, change of clothes for the kids (squeezed into ziplock bags), sunblock, first aid kit, diapers (7), wipes, changing pad, autograph book, cell phones, passport holders, mister fans and we put all of this in two backpacks. My husband and I share the load instead of cramming everything into two bags. I think it's easier this way. It also means you get less tired carrying stuff around all day. With your kids being older, you will not need as much so you may be able to get away with one bag and just trade off and on so you don't have to carry it the whole time. Make sure you don't overpack so that it doesn't take along to get through security in the front of the parks.

Thanks. You always give me a lot to work with. :thumbsup2 I think two backpacks will be a better solution. Does it take long to get through security?

1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first? Mexico first

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland? Left to Adventureland

3) DO you pin trade? No

4) Do you penny/coin press? Yes.

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction? Philharmagic

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney? May

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP? Dining Plan

8) This trip, parkhopping or not? PH

9) This trip, staying on property or off property? Po Century!

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not? No

11) What is your favorite Disney smell? Soarin oranges smell!

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride? Soarin!

13) What is one character you/your family must see? Goofy

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time? Castle

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days? Downtown Disney

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip? Soarin, of course!

Thanks. You always give me a lot to work with. :thumbsup2 I think two backpacks will be a better solution. Does it take long to get through security?

No, I just unzip everything ahead of time and make sure that they can see inside. With the bagallini backpack I have, you can see through a lot of the pockets without opening them. It is pretty quick to get through security. We have never had to wait more than a few minutes and that is in the middle of the summer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter