The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first?
Mexico

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland?
Either Fantasyland or Tomorrowland, depending on how I've developed the touring plan for the day.

3) DO you pin trade?
We got all into it once, then the kids got bored with it. We'll see if they even bring pins this year.

4) Do you penny/coin press?
No.

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction?
PhilharMagic, but hoping Star Tours will be my new one.

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney?
I would love to go off-season again to avoid the heat, yet the long park hours and lots of activities of summer do appeal to me.

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP?
OOP, with some cooking in the villa

8) This trip, parkhopping or not?
Always

9) This trip, staying on property or off property?
On-property

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not?
Yes, water parks.

11) What is your favorite Disney smell?
Chlorine smell at pools

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride?
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day...

13) What is one character you/your family must see?
I like to see Daisy, but she's a tough one

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time?
the sword in the stone

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days?
We don't have non-park days, but the pool and DTD when we're not in a park

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip?
Star Tours

:surfweb:New Friday Night Questions!:surfweb:

1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first?Canada

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland?Neither, we go straight to Fantasyland

3) DO you pin trade?No. I might let older DS try it this year if he wants to.

4) Do you penny/coin press?Yes. This is younger DS favorite thing.

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction?Muppets

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney?June. Seems to be the easiest time to go and the only time we've ever gone. I'm a little sad right now b/c we should be there right now, but had to move the trip back to save money.:sad1:

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP?Dining plan

8) This trip, parkhopping or not?parkhopping

9) This trip, staying on property or off property?on property

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not?did not get this option this year. We want to wait until the kids are a little older

11) What is your favorite Disney smell? Mickey Waffles

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride?Grim grinning ghosts from Haunted Mansion

13) What is one character you/your family must see? I really want to see Robin Hood, but can only see him in F! Tigger, Lightening McQueen, and Mater

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time?Our Family w/our Mickey Ear hats in front of the castle

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days? We haven't done a non-park day. But I would say I would like to hang out at the pool and maybe go to DTD

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip? We are really sad that Tiki Room is going to be closed.

Add us!

My DH has a conference in Orlando the week before our July vacation so I'm tagging along. TWO WEEKS IN WDW!!!!

June 24-26: Probably Marriott Village area
June 26-30: DTD Hilton
June 30-July 2: Beach Club

I've made a few reservations for dining so I'll try to post it later.

1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first? Canada, generally

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland? Adventureland when first arrive at WDW, and then we generally do Tomorrowland first

3) DO you pin trade? no, but we often pin collect.

4) Do you penny/coin press? We used to, but we haven't in a while, maybe we should do it this year!

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction? Philharmagic!!

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney? November, either early or late. [COLOR=""RoyalBlue"]Nice temperatures and low crowds![/COLOR]

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP? Trying QSDP!

8) This trip, parkhopping or not? We couldn't survive not parkhopping

9) This trip, staying on property or off property? We always stay on property, we feel like it wouldn't be the same otherwise

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not? Not at the moment, but who knows, it might get added on

11) What is your favorite Disney smell? The Confectionery!

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride? Main Street Electrical Parade

13) What is one character you/your family must see? Eeyore

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time? We generally don't do photo-ops, but this year we're considering photopass

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days? Downtown Disney shopping!

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip? POTC

Hi everybody! :wave2: I'm RainyDayPlay (aka Kim), and I'm going to WDW in June!

Now...you don't really have to add anything new just for little ol' me. I'm one of the Ks in eeyore344's "K & K's Birthday Bash"! (So everything she's doing, it was probably my idea :laughing: and I'll be there, too!) Usually, I'm the one that gets in on these threads, but, for some reason...somehow...I seem to have gotten her addicted to the DIS :rolleyes:

So...checking in late for this, but I'm here! :cheer2:

New Friday Night Questions!

1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first?
Canada.
Maybe we'll have to do it differently this time, but that lunch ressie at Le Cellier may prevent that...

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland?
Left. Must be the draw of pirates!

3) Do you pin trade?
DD does. Sometimes. When we think about it.

4) Do you penny/coin press?
Sometimes.

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction?
I don't have a good answer to this. I love Mickey's Philharmagic, but I can't see the 3-D effects. It is so neat to watch my DD reach out and grab at things, but it's terrible because I can't see what she's in such awe over. I feel like I'm missing out and just try hard to experience it through her. (In case you're wondering, I have monocular vision -- I only see well out of one eye, and the other eye is so used to being not used, it rarely stays in alignment with the "good" eye. Little depth perception and impossible to see 3D effects. Those stupid Magic Eye puzzles were practically the bane of my existence when they were popular. And yes....they DO let me drive... :rolleyes1)

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney?
Sometime between January 1st and December 31st? What is this, a trick question?

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP?
We like the Dining Plan. It's nice to know that the food is taken care of instead of having to budget it in the souvenir $$. We did the DxDP two years ago (also a bday trip) and it was too much food. To go to most table services, get an appetizer, entree, dessert, and THEN have them come and plop a cupcake in front of you....Ugh! (Of course..this year, it's DP and a bunch of TS restaurants seemed to be booked...and...I see cupcakes in my future....:sick:)

8) This trip, parkhopping or not?
No parkhopping. The only park that we have never managed a full day in is HS. Last time, like idiots who didn't know any better (because we didn't!), we went in and went LEFT. BAD IDEA. By the time we got to all the good stuff, it was PACKED. It is amazing to go from a side with practically NO BODY, then turn a corner and you can't move for all the people! I think we could have been there longer if we'd have planned that out a little better, and we're trying for a full day this trip. And we will GO RIGHT!

9) This trip, staying on property or off property?
On property. Can't imagine not staying on property.

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not?
Not as part of our tickets. However, we went in October '08 and bought the option and No Expiration, so we have 5-6 days of Water Parks & More remaining!

11) What is your favorite Disney smell?
The orange groves on Soarin'.

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride?
Soarin'. When I listen to the parks soundtrack, I immediately relax when this music starts. (I also swear I can smell the oranges when it gets to that part of the song!)

13) What is one character you/your family must see?
Cinderella, usually.

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time?
I don't think there is one spot that we HAVE to get pictures?

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days?
What is this "non-park" day of which you speak? :confused3

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip?
Soarin'. I think we'll be headed to that first...grab a fastpass...get in standby....

Hey, has anyone done the tour in the Land pavilion? Planning on it? I want to do it...but not sure if we'll get to.

:surfweb:New Friday Night Questions!:surfweb:

1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first? Mexico

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland? Left to Adventureland

3) DO you pin trade? Not since the kids turned 10.

4) Do you penny/coin press? Nope, its for suckers, lol

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction? Tough to be a Bug, followed closely by Philharmagic.

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney? Beginning of Summer with kids. Fall, without kids.

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP? Dining Plan

8) This trip, parkhopping or not? Hopping

9) This trip, staying on property or off property? On site.

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not? Doing water park, OOP.

11) What is your favorite Disney smell? Lobby of AKL

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride? Splash Mountain. n

13) What is one character you/your family must see? Mckey!

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time? Family sitting on brick wall in front of train station waiting to get into Magic Kingdom.

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days? Downtown Disney Shopping.

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip? Any mountain in MK.

1) Which way do you tour World Showcase; Mexico first or Canada first? Mexico

2) IN MK, which direction do you head first; left to Adventureland/Frontierland or right to Tomorrowland? Right to Tomorrowland

3) DO you pin trade? No, unfortunately.

4) Do you penny/coin press? No, not yet. I was thinking of doing it, just to say that I have :goodvibes

5) Which is your favorite 3-D attraction? Mickey's Philarmagic

6) What time of year do you prefer to go to Disney? Anytime, with and without my babies :thumbsup2

7) This trip, dining plan or OOP? Dining Plan (I think)

8) This trip, parkhopping or not? No hopping at all this time, just 1 park

9) This trip, staying on property or off property? On property.

10) This trip, water parks and more option or not? No not this time :sad2:

11) What is your favorite Disney smell? :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Funny question.

12) What is your favorite music from a Disney park/ride? Not sure, do all of them count?

13) What is one character you/your family must see? All of them!

14) What is one photo opportunity you have to take each time? The traditional one in front of the castle.

15) What is your favorite thing to do on non-park days? Downtown Disney Shopping and Island of Adventure (US) for the first time.

16) What one attraction would you be very disappointed to see closed during your trip? Test Track, The Mountains, and the Expedition Everest.

Just have to add we are coming to WDW from California in 49 days!! I can not wait. I need this vacation badly and we are taking my folks for their first visit. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
We arrive June 6 for one night at the POP and checking in to the Beach Club Villas June 7-14.

44 days for me, 44 days!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

and today has multiple fun stuff, I was found by a Dismember that lives near my dad, and is going to the world the same time I am! We are sharing a table at Chef Mickeys! :cheer2: :cheer2:

AND I got my very dear friend addicted to DIS and he hasn't been to DL or WDW in forever! (I dont think he ever got to WDW. :sad1: ) But I am trying to get him out next year~!~ June 2012!

Hoping the DIS convinces him and his partner to come! :dance3:

44 days for me, 44 days!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

and today has multiple fun stuff, I was found by a Dismember that lives near my dad, and is going to the world the same time I am! We are sharing a table at Chef Mickeys! :cheer2: :cheer2:

AND I got my very dear friend addicted to DIS and he hasn't been to DL or WDW in forever! (I dont think he ever got to WDW. :sad1: ) But I am trying to get him out next year~!~ June 2012!

Hoping the DIS convinces him and his partner to come! :dance3:

Heh! I can't remember exactly when the last time I went to Disneyland was...I might have been 10 or 11ish. I've always loved it...but I'm sure the park is DRASTICALLY different from when I was a kid. Submarine adventure...Captain EO...are those things even there still? :lmao:

Heh! I can't remember exactly when the last time I went to Disneyland was...I might have been 10 or 11ish. I've always loved it...but I'm sure the park is DRASTICALLY different from when I was a kid. Submarine adventure...Captain EO...are those things even there still? :lmao:

In WDW the sub is gone, but capt EO was brought back post jackson death. not sure about DL. and welcome to the dis! :cheer2:

Can't wait! We are officially on spring break and off of school so I want to get some things done for Disney this week. I need new sandals, need to find mister fans for the kids (the Disney ones always seem to break-and cost too much money). I need to finish my homemade autograph book and get our countdown calendar finished and then...I really need to spring clean. Not fun...but it needs to get done.

Woo Hoo! I'm from Albuquerque originally. I miss my green chile (stupid Tex-Mex just doesn't cut it)!!!

Jajajajaj!!! I can imagine how much you miss the unique green chile....Im from Puerto Rico but since 2000 Im living here in the Land of Enchantment!!!! and I love it!!!!

:cool1: This is GREAT!!:cool1:

We will be heading to Disney just after graduation on May 27th, checking in at Disney on the 28th. Our trip was almost cancelled so I am excited to finally start planning everything.:woohoo: Here is what we have planned so far.

Saturday May 28th- Chef Mickeys for dinner (Our plan is to arrive around lunch & go to DTD, then to eat at CM, then possibly to HS to view Fantasmic)

Sunday May 29th- Crystal Palace for dinner (all day at MK)

Monday May 30th- 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner( open Animal Kingdom, then to HS for dinner)

Tuesday May 31st- Coral Reef for dinner(all day at Epcot)

Wednesday June 1st- Ohana for dinner(open day-HS & Epcot)

Thursday June 2nd- Teppan Edo for dinner (MK/Epcot)

Friday June 3rd- LeCellier for lunch (Epcot in the AM, ?? later)

Saturday June 4th- Kona Cafe for dinner (open day)

Sunday June 5th- Our departure day. We may go back to a park or to DTD until after lunch. Depending on the weather...

Still looking at this and making changes to our parks or daily plan, so do you have any advice for me?

Hi. I am planning the first trip to DW for our family of 5 (kids 12, 10, and 8)! We will be there June 21 to 27. Everyone I mention it to says that it is a "bad" time of year to go between the heat, the crowds and the rain. A bit of a bummer to hear this when we already have it booked and 4/5 are excited about our first trip. (Hubby was already grumbling about having to go down in the crowds and heat so the feedback we keep getting is not helpful!!) Can anyone provide me with tips on how to work around the heat/rain? Is there a best/worst time to be places? Do you have any planning tips for dealing with the weather? We are staying at BWI and have water park tickets but not park hopper. Any info would be helpful.

Hi. I am planning the first trip to DW for our family of 5 (kids 12, 10, and 8)! We will be there June 21 to 27. Everyone I mention it to says that it is a "bad" time of year to go between the heat, the crowds and the rain. A bit of a bummer to hear this when we already have it booked and 4/5 are excited about our first trip. (Hubby was already grumbling about having to go down in the crowds and heat so the feedback we keep getting is not helpful!!) Can anyone provide me with tips on how to work around the heat/rain? Is there a best/worst time to be places? Do you have any planning tips for dealing with the weather? We are staying at BWI and have water park tickets but not park hopper. Any info would be helpful.

Welcome to the group! Sure it can rain, but it's really no worse than any other time in the summer. We have never had a complete rain out. There is a good chance it will rain some part of the afternoon, but we just go about our normal business unless it is completely pouring which we have yet to encounter for the whole time we are there. We get up early (rope drop-we are not the sleeping in on vacation kind) and we do as much as we can before 12-1. Then, we head back to the hotel for some pool/relaxation time and then at after a nice dinner, we head back to the parks. It has always worked out fine for us. It can be hot. Last year, we VERY hot, but we just brought lots of water, our cheap mister fans for the kids, and just go with the flow. This kind of schedule seems to work well for summer folks.

Changed our departure day to June 27 :cheer2::cheer2:

I will change it and congrats on more time at WDW.

:cool1: This is GREAT!!:cool1:

We will be heading to Disney just after graduation on May 27th, checking in at Disney on the 28th. Our trip was almost cancelled so I am excited to finally start planning everything.:woohoo: Here is what we have planned so far.

Saturday May 28th- Chef Mickeys for dinner (Our plan is to arrive around lunch & go to DTD, then to eat at CM, then possibly to HS to view Fantasmic)

Sunday May 29th- Crystal Palace for dinner (all day at MK)

Monday May 30th- 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner( open Animal Kingdom, then to HS for dinner)

Tuesday May 31st- Coral Reef for dinner(all day at Epcot)

Wednesday June 1st- Ohana for dinner(open day-HS & Epcot)

Thursday June 2nd- Teppan Edo for dinner (MK/Epcot)

Friday June 3rd- LeCellier for lunch (Epcot in the AM, ?? later)

Saturday June 4th- Kona Cafe for dinner (open day)

Sunday June 5th- Our departure day. We may go back to a park or to DTD until after lunch. Depending on the weather...

Still looking at this and making changes to our parks or daily plan, so do you have any advice for me?

Welcome! We usually post our plans and ADRS on page 1 of the thread. I will wait until you are more decided if that is okay and if you could give specific times for your ADRS that would be great (that is...if you want them listed on page 1-if not that is fine too).. Welcome again! :yay:

Welcome to the group! Sure it can rain, but it's really no worse than any other time in the summer. We have never had a complete rain out. There is a good chance it will rain some part of the afternoon, but we just go about our normal business unless it is completely pouring which we have yet to encounter for the whole time we are there. We get up early (rope drop-we are not the sleeping in on vacation kind) and we do as much as we can before 12-1. Then, we head back to the hotel for some pool/relaxation time and then at after a nice dinner, we head back to the parks. It has always worked out fine for us. It can be hot. Last year, we VERY hot, but we just brought lots of water, our cheap mister fans for the kids, and just go with the flow. This kind of schedule seems to work well for summer folks.

Thank you. My family will be up and out pretty early too - waited too long for this to sleep through it!:yay: I will try to keep the midday break in mind. The mister fans sound like a great idea. I will keep my eye out for some. I have a breakfast buffet reservation for Tusker house at AK for 10:15 on AK EMH day and 11:05 for Chef Mickeys on MK day (not EMH). Maybe we should not be sitting back eating then though?? Would you suggest I try to get something closer to 12:00 to maximize the morning time in the park? (We have DDP) Also, do you recommend that everyone carry a backpack to hold water bottles, mister fans, ponchos, etc? I thought we might be better off having one bag and sharing the load between myself, hubby and my oldest son (12) so that we can rotate it, but now I am wondering if one large bag will worse than a few little ones. The person lugging the bag would be extra hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter