The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Saturday everyone!

Today I bought our sun lotion & after-sun (it was half price in the supermarket lol) .. and some US Dollars from the bureau de change (guess that's part of the vacation planning most of you guys don't need to do!? :laughing:)

It's 11 weeks til wedding which means 11 weeks & 2 days til Disney... eeeeeeep! :woohoo:

Emma princess: x

Everyone's packing seems to be growing. I guess I should really get on the packing and buying huh? Spring break is coming up for us so I am looking forward to the week off to pack, organize, and plan for Disney. :cool1:

Just updated my signature because we are now going to WDW in June!!! We almost always stay on property, but my mom is treating this time and she just booked 5 nights at the Doubletree Suites in Downtown Disney. So excited! I'm also going to try to book us a studio for a few nights at OKW afterwards...can't wait!

1) How many miles do you live from Disney World? 895 miles

2) What is your favorite...
show: Festival of the Lion King (AK)
parade: Main Street Electrical Parade (MK)
Activity (play) area: Dinsaur Boneyard (AK)

3) What is your favorite gift shop? World of Disney at DTD

4)What is your favorite breakfast meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible)
Kona Cafe- Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes

5) What is your favorite lunch or dinner meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible)
Le Cellier - Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon with Chedder Cheese Soup for appetizer

6) What is your favorite dessert? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible)
'Ohana- 'Ohana Bread Pudding

Friday Night "Getting to Know You" Questions on (Saturday edition)

1) How many miles do you live from Disney World? 71.4

show: Wishes
parade: MSEP
Activity (play) area: Dino Boneyard (AK- Dino Land)

3) What is your favorite gift shop? World of Disney, DTD

4)What is your favorite breakfast meal? bobotie at Tusker House, AK

5) What is your favorite lunch or dinner meal? The steak at 'Ohana. It use to be the Kansas Coffee Rubbed Steak at LeCellier... not seein' it on the new menu :mad:

6) What is your favorite dessert? By FAR, the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding at Raglan Road.

I had a hard time coming up with questions yesterday, but today I am on a rule..;)

1) How many miles do you live from Disney World?

1212 miles.

show:
parade:
Activity (play) area:

show? only show we've seen the last 2x is philla.. however to spell it.
Parade: main street electrical parade!
activity area: I honestly don't have one of these yet, this is only the 2ed time going as a parent.

3) What is your favorite gift shop?
the magnet shop in DTD

4)What is your favorite breakfast meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible)
Cinderellas royal table, I forgot which of the options I choose, but I remember it was really good and really filling and *everyone* at the table enjoyed our meal!

5) What is your favorite lunch or dinner meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible)
I have not been there yet, but I assume it will soon be liberty tree tavern. the food looks wonderful!

6) What is your favorite dessert? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible)
I honestly will have to report this back after the trip. outside of a single mickey head ice cream I had last trip, I've not had much dessert in the world.. but that should change as I have dxdp this year. :thumbsup2

1) How many miles do you live from Disney World? 1100-ish (DH know and he does the driving)

show: Festival of the Lion King

parade: Spectromagic

activity/play area: Tom Sawyer Island

3) What is your favorite gift shop? Uptown Jewelers, on Main Street in MK

4)What is your favorite breakfast meal? The Breakfast Bounty Platter available at most resort CS (haven't done TS for breakfast yet)

5) What is your favorite lunch or dinner meal? Rotisserie Chicken dinner @ Wolfgang Puck Express

6) What is your favorite dessert? Fruit Tulips available at many CS locations in Epcot

1) How many miles do you live from Disney World? 1118 from our doorstep to BLT where we're staying this year!

show:
Wishes

parade: Spectromagic I guess (not parade peope)

activity/play area: My kids loved the Winnie the Pooh area, but it's gone now. I think we'll try Tom Sawyer Island for the first time this year.

3) What is your favorite gift shop? The Christmas store at Downtown Disney

4)What is your favorite breakfast meal? We usually just grab cereal or granola bars in our room and wait till lunch to really eat!

5) What is your favorite lunch or dinner meal? An All American from Earl of Sandwich (best sandwich EVER!), and just about anything at Wolfgang Puck Express. We're not big on sit down dining, but we also enjoy the pot roast at 50's Prime Time.

6) What is your favorite dessert? A fresh chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from either Sleepy Hallow or the Mainstreet Bakery in MK

Hi all! Sorry to bother you, but we changed resorts! We switched from CSR to WL for june 21-29. The new discount codes came out, and we have always wanted to try out Wilderness Lodge, so we thought this would be a good opportunity! I have been looking at pics all day, and am really getting excited. If anyone has any opinions or advice - I would love, love, love it! Thanks also for changing my ressie here, I promise its for keeps. jane:goodvibes

1. How many miles - 1,100ish (southeast PA)

2. Favorite show - Festival of the Lion King.

3. Best Gift Shop - Magnetron! I spend too much time and money in there, lol.

4. Best breakfast meal - This is tough - emotionally, its Main St. Bakery - two coffees, one bagel, one cheese danish in record speed before hitting the park. Best Actual Breakfast Meal, would have to be Boma, they make omelettes however you'd like, and don't get me started on the Frunch! Yum.

5. Best Lunch meal - Kona Cafe! Sticky wings appetizer. Followed by the most wonderful, juiciest burger in all of Disney. Wrapped up with the giant ice cream waffle cone with the m@m's and the cotton candy!

6. Best Dessert - Banana/Pinapple Bread pudding at O'Hana. I frightened my children with my display of feeding frenzy, they still talk about it years later, lol.

Hi all! Sorry to bother you, but we changed resorts! We switched from CSR to WL for june 21-29. The new discount codes came out, and we have always wanted to try out Wilderness Lodge, so we thought this would be a good opportunity! I have been looking at pics all day, and am really getting excited. If anyone has any opinions or advice - I would love, love, love it! Thanks also for changing my ressie here, I promise its for keeps. jane:goodvibes

It's no problem at all. I will update it now. :thumbsup2

We love WL. Emotionally, it was very hard for me this year to do the whole time at AKV because we usually stay at WL or VWL, but we decided to step outside of our comfort zone this year and try something new.

We love the quiet mornings at WL. There is just something about walking near the pool first thing in the morning in the FL sun and seeing the ducks in the pool. The are quite cute.

We love the fact that you have two transportation options; boats or buses.

We love that the whole hotel is on the inside. It's so nice when it rains to just be in one building.

I could go on and on, but you get the point.

I'll try to answer whatever questions you have if you have any. Yay for an upgrade. Now if only I could convince my husband to do two nights at the poly with the upgrade we would be all set. :thumbsup2

Hi Anjalee,

I moved my reservation from POFQ to AKL for the duration of the trip. Please modify accordingly.

Also, we modified our Dining reservations:
- We will be at Boma at 7pm on June 9.
- We will no longer be at Boma at 5pm on June 10.
- We will no longer be at Kona Cafe at 9am on June 17, instead we will be at Tusker House at 8:15am.
- We will be at Sanaa on June 18 at 11:45am.

Em&Bec's Dad
:thumbsup2

You're going to love WL! My whole family calls it home, even though we're staying at AKL this summer. Just a warning, the pool is smaller than some of the other pools, and since you're nearing the hot time of WDW, the pool will be crowded. I remember we had a courtyard room on July 4th, and I have never seen so many people pack into a pool. So picking some pool times others might not do is a good idea.
----------------------------------------

1) How many miles do you live from Disney World? 820.8 miles

show: Finding Nemo, The Musical
parade: Main Street Electrical Parade
Activity (play) area: Innovations

3) What is your favorite gift shop? Mouse Gears

4)What is your favorite breakfast meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible) Mickey Waffle! Found basically at any snack bar or food court.

5) What is your favorite lunch or dinner meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible) Casey's hot dog. Found at Casey's Corner

6) What is your favorite dessert? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible) chocolate marshmallows at the Confectionery.

Really need some input again. Earlier I had asked if having dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella would take some of the "magic" away from our next day at MK and our dinner at CRT. Pretty much everyone said yes, since this is our first time to wdw.
So my question now is would eating at Chef Mickey's be a "magic stealer" too?
It's the only day they have available and I would love experience it but it's the day we arrive & not sure if seeing Mickey would build the excitement or not? :confused3 What do you guys think?

Go, Go, Go!!! CM was our traditional first night dinner for years just so we could see Mickey and the gang. We still go to CM, DS still loves it even though he's 16 now, we just work it around other plans.

I did it, I became..... A RESORT CHANGER.

We couldn't get a discount on our BC ressie, so I switched to the Poly. So now we are staying at the Poly from 6/16-6/25 --with Deluxe Dining! Eventually I'll add my ADRs, I didn't want anyone to have to keep up w/ the bazillion changes I'm still making. I'll wait til I feel like plans are more firm. :)

You will love the Poly-there is no place like it. You will get spoiled to the monorail. And since you are deluxe dining-go see the luau if you've never done that-lots of fun and good food.

I had a hard time coming up with questions yesterday, but today I am on a rule..;)

1) How many miles do you live from Disney World? It's about 740 miles too far ;)

show: Festival of the Lion King
parade:Spectromagic
Activity (play) area:Honey I shrunk the kids at DHS is fun for the kids.

3) What is your favorite gift shop? Christmas Shop at DTD

4)What is your favorite breakfast meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible) Crystal Palace, I love getting into MK early. I am sad that they no longer have the breakfast lasagna though :guilty:

5) What is your favorite lunch or dinner meal? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible) Lunch-Biergarten, the salads are delicious. I dream of the food at Biergarten, and you get a nice little show. Lunch and Dinner menu are the same since, better price at lunch:thumbsup2

6) What is your favorite dessert? (include name of restaurant, cart, etc. and the specific name of the menu item or be as specific when describing it as possible)This is a tough one. I love so many of them :rotfl: I think I love the strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons at the Land in Epcot the most.

We went shopping today and scored some good stuff. I found a pair of new tennis shoes-Saucony. They have great cushion and were on clearance. We also picked up some clearance tshirts for DS at Target. We've been trying to add things from our trip need/wish list here and there instead of trying to get it all the week before we leave.

Oh I almost forgot-I made it to Home Depot and picked up some Alien (lime) Green Mickey heads and some other colors too. I have them now what to do with them???

Have a good weekend Junies :hippie:

okay, I can't help it, I gotta say it... according to my ticker:
59 DAYS! Only 59 DAYS!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

party: party:

:jumping1:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
:laughing: *cough* okay, time to go back to your normal programing... :thumbsup2

ME TOO!!!!!!!

ok, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on getting an ADR for something that's booked? Have any of you gotten ADRs for places that always book closer to your vacation? Do you just stalk the website every day? Multiple times a day? Call every day?
I really want Tusker House for breakfast and Ohana for dinner. Then everything would be perfect! :cutie:

I would keep checking, things change quickly.

Also check over on the restaurant board there is a June Cancelled ADR thread and it's possible to find some good ones there.

ME TOO!!!!!!!

ok, so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on getting an ADR for something that's booked? Have any of you gotten ADRs for places that always book closer to your vacation? Do you just stalk the website every day? Multiple times a day? Call every day?
I really want Tusker House for breakfast and Ohana for dinner. Then everything would be perfect! :cutie:
:banana::banana::banana:

yay for it getting SO CLOSE!

that said, I am stalking the website multiple times a day. I am trying to get garden grill for may 31st for dinner, and hoping for chef mickeys either: may 31st for dinner or breakfast either the 1st or 2ed.

I am also hoping to get an earlier ADR for sci fi on the 2ed (we have one at 8:something pm)

The only time I plan to call vs use the website is the day or two before we need the ADR. in fact, I am not giving up on the earlier sci fi even if it takes stopping at the podium the same day in hopes something opened.

good luck! :thumbsup2

Hi Anjalee! Do you - or anyone else here, have any photos of the pool bar? Haven't been able to find any good ones. How about reviews of the pool bar? We are used to the AKL pool bar, and I guess we have been spoiled there. It is really pretty and they have the nicest bartenders IMO of any resort! Last trip was our DD's Sweet Sixteen, and one of the bartenders actually bought (that's right, bought, from outside WDW, not a comp) her a gift at the end of our trip! The whole pool area at WL looks very lovely, so I assume it will be nice as well. Thanks! jane

Hi Anjalee! Do you - or anyone else here, have any photos of the pool bar? Haven't been able to find any good ones. How about reviews of the pool bar? We are used to the AKL pool bar, and I guess we have been spoiled there. It is really pretty and they have the nicest bartenders IMO of any resort! Last trip was our DD's Sweet Sixteen, and one of the bartenders actually bought (that's right, bought, from outside WDW, not a comp) her a gift at the end of our trip! The whole pool area at WL looks very lovely, so I assume it will be nice as well. Thanks! jane

Jane,
I will have to dig through my pictures and see if there are any pictures of the pool bar. We absolutely love WL. I can't say enough nice things about it, but I have not had a chance to use the pool bar. My two little ones don't let us have free time. lol. But I do think I took pictures somewhere while we were at the pool. Looks like we are swapping hotels this year since!

So we were going to do a room only at POFQ at the end of our trip just to have an extra day to be in the parks and not have to rush to get out and head home. (I hate the half day feeling). But...now with the room only 30% for the summer we decided this morning to try the Contemporary for our last night. With our touring plans it made the most sense. I have not stayed at the Contempary since the 80s with my father. It will be nice to try it out again as an adult. We do room onlys often at the end of our trip jus so that we can try new places. That's how we discovered we really like AKL a few years ago. I love trying new places. So yay we have the Contemporary booked for our last night in Disney! :banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter