The all New *OFFICIAL JUNE* 2011 thread! Some like it hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I carry a backpack, will it be safe to leavy my bag in the stroller while we go on rides and in eateries?

I, personally, never leave my bag anywhere. I always take it on rides, too. To me, it's not worth the risk of losing anything that may be of value. I carry a Bagallini Messenger bag. It's not too big

Have any of you mothers traveled with a tioddler and not left the parks during the scorching hot summer months?

We've traveled with a toddler before, albeit many years ago, but will be doing it again this trip. We will definitely be talking mid-day breaks for his sake. If he is tolerating, we'll push on. If not then we'll head back to the Poly for some swimming.

The last worry that's been invading my mind space is whether the other members of my party will truly understand and "get" Disney. After the comment my aunt made about adults riding "teacups" I am not so sure that this vacation will be as fun for everyone as I know it will be for me. Sure, we could split up and do our own things, but I have a 2.5 yr. old and having never been to Disney befoe, I'm afraid to navigate the world alone without my trusty sidekicks. Wow.

Unfortunately, not everyone LOVES Disney :( Personally, I don't get it :rotfl: My husband is one of these people. He goes and has fun because our sons love it but he often needs a Disney break while we're there. I've been enough times, that I feel perfectly at ease negotiating the World on my own with a kiddo. DH and our toddler will probably head back to the resort earlier than me and our 6 year old.

So excited to see that some June folks are hitting the double digits!! Before we know it, we'll be hitting the single digits

I thought that since many have said that our lists were getting buried that I would start the all new 2011 thread. This way I can control the lists better. I hope this is fine with everyone.

Come join in the planning for June 2011. It's hot, there are tons of people, but it's Disney...so join in the fun of discussing your upcoming June trip to the World.

June Park Hours

I can not believe that I hadn't found this thread until now :thumbsup2:banana:

We will be there June 14-17, 2011. This is our pre-stay before our "Dream" vacation :goodvibes

We will be staying at BLT (we are DVC). June is always a perfect time to go. We do not get any tag-alongs (such as family, etc), they think that we are nuts and will not step foot in Florida to do anything Disney (or Universal) for that matter. But myself, dh, dd(8) and ds(2 - but will turn 3 on the cruise) will be there!!.

I am here to join the fun! I still can not believe that I found this thread.
:cheer2::yay::woohoo::banana:

Let the planning begin!!;)

Hello!

We are heading off on our honeymoon to WDW on May 30th, so by the time we get there it may as well be June eh?

Hooray! Can't wait. First time to Disney in many years for me, and first time ever for my lovely fiance. We are so looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Lovely to be here.

Hope you're all having a great Sunday!

Gill

Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys :love:! I have my moments, but deep down I know everything will be fine!!

We will be there June 14-17, 2011. This is our pre-stay before our "Dream" vacation :goodvibes

We will be staying at BLT (we are DVC). June is always a perfect time to go. We do not get any tag-alongs (such as family, etc), they think that we are nuts and will not step foot in Florida to do anything Disney (or Universal) for that matter. But myself, dh, dd(8) and ds(2 - but will turn 3 on the cruise) will be there!!.

I want to hear more about your decision to buy in to DVC. I'm still trying to decide if it's something I want...

Welcome to all the new comers to our little place in the world. :)

I want to hear more about your decision to buy in to DVC. I'm still trying to decide if it's something I want...

Welcome to all the new comers to our little place in the world. :)

Hello, I am happy to share our experience with you. We have only been members since April 2010. We took our first trip in July 2010 and stayed at AKL Kidani. :thumbsup2

I have to be honest, I attended maybe 7 or 8 presentations. Each time, we went to get information and for some reason just never felt ready. My last presentation in fact was December 2008 on our Disney Cruise and I won the $300 On Board Credit. But alas, we still did not go forward. :confused3

Fast-forward to last March 2010. I woke up that morning, and something told me to contact my original guide (Maribella) :thumbsup2. I told her that I think that we were ready and she asked about my family and how they were doing, etc. I love that she remembered us ;). Of course, she should with all those visits :rotfl: She told me what to pay for the down payment. I told her that I was ready and that I would call when I got home to make it. I made the payment, got the paperwork. I did make a change from AKL to OKW. There was a special or something on the existing properties, $100 a point for 100 points (Plus they doubled the points since we bought through DVC. Which was just enough for us to start with. So we did the paperwork over again, and got the ball rolling. After about 2 weeks she called to help me with making my reservation at AKL Kidani (Savannah view). After that final paperwork, etc went though without a glitch. Our first DVC vacation last summer was awesome!

After that trip we had points left over that we banked. This year those points were expiring so we allowed a friend a stay with the points, and I was able to bank some additional points this year. This is after my reservation for BLT (LV) in June 2011.

We are overly happy about the decision. At first, I thought what am I doing? But then after about 3 months of making payments, we determined that it was THE BEST THING that we have done in regards of our vacations. The payments are super easy and not at all bad.

I have to say that the only negative is that there is no housekeeping until the 4th day, but we are not able to stay that long this time or last time :confused:. Other than that, no other issues what so ever.

I could go on for days. Please PM me if you have any additional questions.

Welcome to our group! I added you to our list on page 1. :welcome:

Hello!

We are heading off on our honeymoon to WDW on May 30th, so by the time we get there it may as well be June eh?

Hooray! Can't wait. First time to Disney in many years for me, and first time ever for my lovely fiance. We are so looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Lovely to be here.

Hope you're all having a great Sunday!

Gill

Welcome to our group! :welcome: We also did a Disneymoon. It was a lot of fun for us. I hope you have a fabulous time. It was great memories for us.

to nvsnot: You are doing fine! Try not to worry about the un-Disney adults, you are not responsible for their fun. It's OK to not leave the park during the day but you may need to take a "time out" with your DD: find a cool, calm place for her to nap or just chill, there was an area on Main St behind Casey's (I think) where they show old Mickey films that's dark, quiet & cool & the upper porch of Columbia Harbor House is a nice break, & Aunt Polly's (if it's still there) & in fact the whole Tom Sawyers Island is a great kid-break from waiting in lines place:yay:! Also, you should allow the group to break up if necessary. It's unfair to expect the non-WDW adults to ride Dumbo for the 3rd time & equally so to expect your DD to sit quietly in the Hall of Presidents; this is OK!;). As far as leaving belongings in the stroller: don't leave anything of value (phones, cameras, designer bags, etc), but I never had an issue leaving diaper bags, coolers, ponchos, extra shoes. But be preapred for that moment of shock when you exit a ride & your stroller is nowhere to be found & in fact the outside area doesn't even look like it did when you got on the ride:scared1:! The CM's often relocate strollers & can help you find yours (it also helps to attach a bright piece of material or such to it). Most importantly RELAX & ENJOY :thumbsup2

to nvsnot: You are doing fine! Try not to worry about the un-Disney adults, you are not responsible for their fun. It's OK to not leave the park during the day but you may need to take a "time out" with your DD: find a cool, calm place for her to nap or just chill, there was an area on Main St behind Casey's (I think) where they show old Mickey films that's dark, quiet & cool & the upper porch of Columbia Harbor House is a nice break, & Aunt Polly's (if it's still there) & in fact the whole Tom Sawyers Island is a great kid-break from waiting in lines place:yay:! Also, you should allow the group to break up if necessary. It's unfair to expect the non-WDW adults to ride Dumbo for the 3rd time & equally so to expect your DD to sit quietly in the Hall of Presidents; this is OK!;). As far as leaving belongings in the stroller: don't leave anything of value (phones, cameras, designer bags, etc), but I never had an issue leaving diaper bags, coolers, ponchos, extra shoes. But be preapred for that moment of shock when you exit a ride & your stroller is nowhere to be found & in fact the outside area doesn't even look like it did when you got on the ride:scared1:! The CM's often relocate strollers & can help you find yours (it also helps to attach a bright piece of material or such to it). Most importantly RELAX & ENJOY :thumbsup2

Thank you!

Hey, where's the playground located? Are you referring to the Boneyard or is there another?

I have so much left to learn...

Thanks!

Nope...that's the one...the Boneyard! My kids love to do the climbing and sliding there and always have! Last time though, I tried to take my youngest two there while my oldest rode something with his dad...and the younger ones insisted on Mommy doing the climbing and sliding with them which is so NOT how I had it planned out! :rotfl2:

Here are some way back photos of 2003!

ak2003A.jpg

akboneyard.jpg

Hi Anjalee,

We will be heading to the parks on June 9-18 in POFQ

ADRs are as follows:
June 10, 5:00pm - Boma
June 11, 8:05am - Crystal Palace
June 11, 5:45pm - Calif. Grill
June 12, 7:30pm - La Hacienda de San Angel
June 13, 7:15pm - Hoop-de-Doo
June 14, 6:05pm - 50's Prime Time
June 16, 6:30pm - Wolfgang Puck
June 17, 9:00am - Kona Cafe

That's all we have for now. All I can do is dream until we get there.

Me Me Me!!!

SWW, second trip to Disney. I've had this booked since August and I can't wait.

I think I'll explode before I actually get to Disney.

Hi Anjalee,

We will be heading to the parks on June 9-18 in POFQ

ADRs are as follows:
June 10, 5:00pm - Boma
June 11, 8:05am - Crystal Palace
June 11, 5:45pm - Calif. Grill
June 12, 7:30pm - La Hacienda de San Angel
June 13, 7:15pm - Hoop-de-Doo
June 14, 6:05pm - 50's Prime Time
June 16, 6:30pm - Wolfgang Puck
June 17, 9:00am - Kona Cafe

That's all we have for now. All I can do is dream until we get there.

Welcome to our group. :welcome: I added all your information to our lists on page 1.

Me Me Me!!!

SWW, second trip to Disney. I've had this booked since August and I can't wait.

I think I'll explode before I actually get to Disney.

Welcome to our group. :welcome: The list for June keeps getting bigger and bigger. I don't know whether to be so excited that we can all plan together or scared that EVERYONE will be in Disney in June. lol. I didn't know your specific information so I didn't add you to our list yet. If you want to give me the specifics I would be happy to add you to our roll call list. Thanks for joining us!

the boneyard looks like so much fun, i never got a chance to go because we were on our way to the bone yard when we realized we lost our camera! I was so upset but luckily we had gotten a bunch of pictures from the photopass so not all of our memories were gone!
This year I swear im glueing my camera to my hand!

We dont have many, but I do have two :goodvibes

June 14, 2011
  • Chef Mickey - 6:30 PM
June 15, 2011
  • (may get changed) Crystal Palace 1:00 PM

Here are our ADRs:

May 30
Coral Reef @ 11:40
Akershus @ 6:45

May 31
Mama Melrose's @ 2:20

June 2
Ohana @ 9:05
Crystal Palace @ 4:50

Here are our ADRs:

May 30
Coral Reef @ 11:40
Akershus @ 6:45

May 31
Mama Melrose's @ 2:20

June 2
Ohana @ 9:05
Crystal Palace @ 4:50

Your ADRs are all added to the list already! :thumbsup2 I should be grading papers, but it's more fun playing and planning on the DIS :laughing:! OK. Now off to do some serious grading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter