• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - MAY 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else know what kind of construction is going on? We are staying in SL and spending a whole day at GF and kinda nervous about all the construction.

THANKS!!!

How does one know in advance what building they are staying in?
I booked our trip and the reservations just tell me the VIEW, but
doesn't list the building.

Thanks for any info.

Hi everyone ! I'm new to the boards, so I apologize if a question like this has been asked before. We're planning our trip for Sept 2010 w/ our 4 year old daughter. Is the GF too fancy for kids? we chose it because of the monorail and 1900 Park Fare and the wonderful looking pool. ( that and a million other reaons) but I don't want to feel out of place? can someone offer some advice please? :cutie:
also, when do they normally announce the offers for 2010? I'm dying to know what's coming !! (hoping for free dining!) :woohoo: Thanks to all !!!

Your daughter will fit right in with all of the rest of the kids at the Grand. While it is a nice hotel, it's not like the Wynn or Encore in Vegas that discourage kids and strollers. There will be lots of kids and people from all different walks of life. My boys have been staying there since they were 2 and 5 and I've never felt uncomfortable. My only concern would be that she would love it as much as I do and never want to stay anywhere else. :rotfl: Have a terrific trip!

Thanks for any info.

Sugar Loaf is the outer lodge club level building, so it is it's own separate bookable category.

Thanks for any info.

Unless you specifically book Sugar Loaf or the Main Building, you won't know which building you'll be in until you get your actual room assignment.

Your daughter will fit right in with all of the rest of the kids at the Grand. While it is a nice hotel, it's not like the Wynn or Encore in Vegas that discourage kids and strollers. There will be lots of kids and people from all different walks of life. My boys have been staying there since they were 2 and 5 and I've never felt uncomfortable. My only concern would be that she would love it as much as I do and never want to stay anywhere else. :rotfl: Have a terrific trip!

I agree with this. This will be our 4th time at the GF and my kids have been there at varying ages starting as young as 1. They won't stay anywhere else. When I was planning this trip, I suggested we stay at a different resort. They wouldn't have any of it. :rotfl: Not that I mind. I love the GF!:love:

I agree! We stayed there with our DD when she was 2 years old and all the way through 12 and we have always felt welcome there. She absolutely loves the waterfall pool there -- definitely made for kids!:goodvibes

Our trip is quickly approaching and I have a few questions:

We are staying in SL. Can people tell me their preferences on room requests please? I have not made any type of request to the IPO and I would like to soon. (I hope it is not too late!)

Also, anyone recently back with any construction updates? Out of curiousity I looked on the Disney website today and SL rooms appear to be the only ones that you CAN'T book right now for our trip (10/02-10/10). RPC is available as well as non-CL rooms. I was wondering if this may have to do with the construction.

Also, I am having intinerary planning troubles. I have two tentative plans both with pluses and minuses. Anyone willing to help? I feel like it is too late for a true PTR but would love feedback.

Thanks for all of your help!:flower3:

Thanks for any info.

The only way to know what building you're in is if you stay club level.

Outer Lodge Club Level = Sugar Loaf

Royal Palm Club = Main building

Otherwise, you could be in any building, but don't worry! All the buildings at the GF are clustered close together.:goodvibes

Our trip is quickly approaching and I have a few questions:

We are staying in SL. Can people tell me their preferences on room requests please? I have not made any type of request to the IPO and I would like to soon. (I hope it is not too late!)

Also, anyone recently back with any construction updates? Out of curiousity I looked on the Disney website today and SL rooms appear to be the only ones that you CAN'T book right now for our trip (10/02-10/10). RPC is available as well as non-CL rooms. I was wondering if this may have to do with the construction.

Also, I am having intinerary planning troubles. I have two tentative plans both with pluses and minuses. Anyone willing to help? I feel like it is too late for a true PTR but would love feedback.

Thanks for all of your help!:flower3:

The only requests SL I can remember are:

floor -- do you prefer ground floor or a higher level
dormer room -- do you like the top floor with the higher ceilings but smaller balconies?
view -- would you rather face the interior courtyard or the marina?

There are also a few lodge tower rooms in SL, by request only. They are quite a bit larger than the regular rooms, but have their balconies off to the side.

Good luck!:goodvibes

The only requests SL I can remember are:

floor -- do you prefer ground floor or a higher level
dormer room -- do you like the top floor with the higher ceilings but smaller balconies?
view -- would you rather face the interior courtyard or the marina?

There are also a few lodge tower rooms in SL, by request only. They are quite a bit larger than the regular rooms, but have their balconies off to the side.

Good luck!:goodvibes

Is it worth trying to request a lodge tower room on check in? I am scared of requesting anything before we get there, just in case we get pixie dust and moved to RPC (a long shot I know, but a girl can hope, right?)

Are you able to get robes if you are staying in a garden view room, or are they only available for concierge level guests? I'm just wondering if I need to pack mine or not. Thanks!

Is it worth trying to request a lodge tower room on check in? I am scared of requesting anything before we get there, just in case we get pixie dust and moved to RPC (a long shot I know, but a girl can hope, right?)

What are poeples experience with this? Do you think there is a correlation to having made a room request and whether or not you get pixie dust?pixiedust:

Just curious! Thanks!

The only way to know what building you're in is if you stay club level.

Outer Lodge Club Level = Sugar Loaf

Royal Palm Club = Main building

Otherwise, you could be in any building, but don't worry! All the buildings at the GF are clustered close together.:goodvibes

Thank you MMMears & Tri_Delta!
I've stayed in the King Club Suite in previous years.
However, It wasn't available this trip. Same thing last year.
They put us up in the Big Pine Key building and it was perfect.
I hope to luck out this year.

What kind of a view did you book?

I guess it never hurts to ask at check-in. There aren't many of those rooms, though, so consider yourself very lucky if you get one!;)

You can call and request that building if you like it...it's not guaranteed, but they are usually good about trying to get you where you want to be... :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter