• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - MAY 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I order the chilled strawberry soup (from 1900 Park Fair) from Room Service?:confused3

My DD really, really wants this soup, and I don't feel like spending $100 on a buffet dinner when all anyone wants is the soup...

If anyone knows the answer to this one, please let me know!;)

Is there more than one hot tub? I think I read there is one at the courtyard pool, but what about the beach pool? Is it a decent size?

Thanks

Here are some room pics, we were in Sago Cay room 5409.

125_125.jpg

126_126.jpg

and here is view from the balcony

131_131.jpg

Looking to the left

132_132.jpg

and looking to the right

133_133.jpg

That's it for now...I will try to post a few more a little later.

Loralie

what is the area in your "to the right" pic with covered tables and chairs surrounded by hedges?

We have no idea...I was going to ask one of you GF experts if you knew. We did see people cleaning the tables in there from our balcony one day but never saw anyone sitting out there.

Anyone know?

Loralie

THX 4 the pix Loralie. Isn't Sago Cay the "convention" lodge? It appears 2 be a bit removed from the other buildings on the GF map. How was the walk 2 main building?

We saw this from our balcony one day

174_174.jpg

It was so nice seeing them parade around the beautiful grounds. When they saw me with my camera they started waving up at me. It was a nice little extra thing to see.

I am having a little trouble posting more pics tonight. The computer is going Sooooo slow. I think I am going to give it a rest tonight and work on it again tomorrow.

I started a trip report and put the link in my sig. Let me know if you like it.

TTFN,

Loralie

btw, thank you for posting your beautiful pics, loralie!
Keeps me focused on the Grand! :thumbsup2

THX 4 the pix Loralie. Isn't Sago Cay the "convention" lodge? It appears 2 be a bit removed from the other buildings on the GF map. How was the walk 2 main building?

I am not sure about it being a convention lodge but I did see a few people from a convention wearing ID tags. I thought it was a really close walk to Gasparilla Grill and to the bus stop so that was a plus. The building you see in my straight on view from the balcony is Sugar Loaf and that is right across from the main building so it did not seem too far from the main building to me. I think it was the furthest away from the Beach Pool but even that was not such a bad walk. Everything is really pretty close together. It looks further away on the map than in person in my opinion.

Loralie

Hi. We are using (or I am hoping to use) the services of the GF's IPO to help with my ADR window which opens TOMORROW! :cool1: I have been having a hard time these last couple of days calling the office and no one is replying to my emails. I am getting a little nervous and wondering if I can really trust them to arrange my ADRs!!! I'm going during free dining, so I'm really afraid of not being able to get my requests at the times I want if I don't call first thing in the morning!

I did send in my requests a couple of weeks ago and I heard back from them that they will take care of the ADRs, but then a day later I had to make a change, and I never got a response to my changes! They say someone will reply within 24 hours of my first email, but I never got any.

What should I do???? Should I just trust that they have been reading my emails?? I tried calling but the IPO phone line was not working. Should I book myself??

How soon will they contact you with the confirmation #s to your reservations if they do arrange the ADRs for you? What would you do in my situation?

Might be a strange request, but does anyone have a pic of the daybed opened up? We'll be at the GF in late September with a (then) 3 1/2 year old and I'm trying to decide ahead of time where he'll sleep. Thanks in advance!

Might be a strange request, but does anyone have a pic of the daybed opened up? We'll be at the GF in late September with a (then) 3 1/2 year old and I'm trying to decide ahead of time where he'll sleep. Thanks in advance!

We do not have a pic of the day bed opened up but I will tell you that the plans for my kids were that they were going to take turns sleeping on it and after the first night they never used it again. Why you ask...because you can't see the TV from the daybed. :rotfl: Once they realized they could not see the TV they decided to suck it up and share the Queen sized bed.

Loralie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter