The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - MAY 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. We are thinking of staying at the GF next year for the 1st time and I have a question about parking. We always rent a car when we go and it seems the self parking might be quite a ways away. Does anyone know how far of a walk it is to the parking lot? I see that they have valet parking as well. If we decided to go with that option are the waits usually very long to get your car?

Thanks

We have stayed at the GF several times, and self parking is not that far or inconvenient. It's $10 a day for valet and you have to wait for your car and tip. My husband always prefers to leave 5-10 minutes ahead of us and usually by the time we get out the front door he's rolling up with the car. I guess he's my own private valet!

We have stayed at the GF several times, and self parking is not that far or inconvenient. It's $10 a day for valet and you have to wait for your car and tip. My husband always prefers to leave 5-10 minutes ahead of us and usually by the time we get out the front door he's rolling up with the car. I guess he's my own private valet!

That is good to hear. I guess I was imagining a 15 minute walk to the parking lot! Thank you.

Sounds perfect :thumbsup2

That is good to hear. I guess I was imagining a 15 minute walk to the parking lot! Thank you.
Not at all. Maybe 5 minutes.

Are there any "parking lot" views in the GV category? I am hoping not but figured I would ask? Also, Big Pine Key seems to be pretty close to everything. Would that be a good building to request?

Are there any "parking lot" views in the GV category? I am hoping not but figured I would ask? Also, Big Pine Key seems to be pretty close to everything. Would that be a good building to request?

Nope, no parking lot views. Sometimes considered the least desirable, though, is from Sago Cay facing the monorail and the convention center off to the left. I've had this view, and can't complain about it. We were on the first floor, and it was a nice peaceful view, and I did like watching the monorail go by.

no there are no "parking lot views". There are very few "bad views" (behind the pool house etc.) but no rooms on the front like there is at say AKL. good luck!
None of the buildings are really far away, 5 minute walk max (walking really slow!)

We thought Big Pine was a GREAT location when we stayed there last May :cloud9:

No parking lot views from GV that I know of. But I have had a glimpse of the valet parking lot from my King Deluxe room in the Main Bldg. :rotfl:

5-5-07087.jpg

Nope, no parking lot views. Sometimes considered the least desirable, though, is from Sago Cay facing the monorail and the convention center off to the left. I've had this view, and can't complain about it. We were on the first floor, and it was a nice peaceful view, and I did like watching the monorail go by.

no there are no "parking lot views". There are very few "bad views" (behind the pool house etc.) but no rooms on the front like there is at say AKL. good luck!
None of the buildings are really far away, 5 minute walk max (walking really slow!)

Thank you for the info. I am sure I will be back with more questions, I hope I am not a pest!

Hello everyone. We are thinking of staying at the GF next year for the 1st time and I have a question about parking. We always rent a car when we go and it seems the self parking might be quite a ways away. Does anyone know how far of a walk it is to the parking lot? I see that they have valet parking as well. If we decided to go with that option are the waits usually very long to get your car?

Thanks

We call down to the valet (really at any hotel) a few minutes before we're ready to leave the room and ask that they bring the car around. That way, when we show up at the front there is either no wait or maybe a 1-2 min wait if they are really busy.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the GF! Keep us posted!;)

No parking lot views from GV that I know of. But I have had a glimpse of the valet parking lot from my King Deluxe room in the Main Bldg. :rotfl:

5-5-07087.jpg

Which floor were you on? That is quite a direct view out to the street!

They charge per piece, and there is a separate price for laundry vs. dry cleaning. The current laundry price list is as follows:

Shirts - $5.50
Pants - $6.50
Socks - $2.00
Undershorts/Panties - $2.00
T-shirts - $4.50
Sweatsuit - $7.50
PJs - $6.00
Undershirts/bras - $2.00
Handkerchiefs - $2.00
Blouses - $5.50
Slips - $4.50
Nightgowns - $6.00
Tennis Shorts - $5.00
Knit Shirt - $5.00

heatherlynn - Have a good trip!

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

thanks so much for getting me those prices and holy cannoli on how expensive they are!!!!

i have decided that i am just going to have to stop worrying about it. dh said last night if the w/d are taken, then he'll just go building to building until he can find one that's not. :confused3 i guess that's all you can do, it is what it is.

heatherlynn, how exciting for you!!!! i cannot wait to hear all about your trip when you return!!!! :yay:

bethclayton - you're welcome! Yes, the valet laundry is pretty expensive, I only use it for one or two pieces that I need specially treated. Hopefully, finding a washer free won't be an issue. I haven't found it to be a problem, but just when you assure someone it won't be, they encounter one! ;)

bethclayton - you're welcome! Yes, the valet laundry is pretty expensive, I only use it for one or two pieces that I need specially treated. Hopefully, finding a washer free won't be an issue. I haven't found it to be a problem, but just when you assure someone it won't be, they encounter one! ;)

Same here, k&a&c'smom! If I have a favorite pair of pants or a skirt that I want to wear twice on a trip, I definitely send it out! They have always done a nice job and it's extremely convenient.

bethclayton I did laundry in the main building for the first time last summer a couple of different times and I never had any competition for the machines :laughing: Hopefully you'll have the same luck!

5-5-07087.jpg

We have only stayed at value and moderate resorts so to me that view is perfectly nice! We are looking forward to our stay at GF this summer...this thread is so helpful!

We have only stayed at value and moderate resorts so to me that view is perfectly nice! We are looking forward to our stay at GF this summer...this thread is so helpful!

and that is a main building view (that is also panoramic around to the lagoon). to my knowledge all the GV rooms don't have views like that. The grounds are all so nice though I am sure you will be pelased!

I just love that view of the beach, the lagoon, and the Poly. It is so pretty!:)

I know - love that view too :cutie: I love how glassy Seven Seas Lagoon is in the early morning :cloud9:

Now that just depresses me! I wish I was there now!

Sorry! I know... that's how I felt when I saw Misti's pics last week :sad1:

Yes, I wasn't complaining :angel: The turret rooms are octagonal and have lots of windows - That was just the view from the desk where I had my laptop set up... I was just kidding around about having had a parking lot view. Our view from that particular King Deluxe RPC room was mostly of the lagoon and the Waterfall Pool (also, the Polynesian and Wedding Pavilion). GF has very nice views. You will love the resort princess: You must be so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter