The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the CR rack rates for 2013:

http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-contemporary-resort-room-rates-season-dates/

You can technically book 500 days in advance, but you must call, you can't do it online. Your deposit amount will be adjusted once your dates' prices have been released. You can't book a package though until the 2014 prices have been released, but you can secure a room. You should have no trouble at all booking for two weeks. Free Dining has already been released for UK residents for 2013, so you may even be able to book in 2013 for 2014 with a UK FD offer.

Thanks both :) will get on those packages as soon as the 2014 FD dates are released!

Bedding Question....

Are the pillows down or poly filled? Also the duvet?

I don't remember either being down at YC or WL, but just read on another site they were down filled at CR.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We just got back from Bay Lake Towers and had a lake view 1 bedroom booked. I had requested a north tower, high floor unit, even numbered and was super happy to have been assigned #8210. Sitting down from my living room couch I could see the MK castle and of course the fireworks at night :cool1:
If we looked straight out our living room we could see the lake and to our left we had a great view of some of the MK attractions.

wdwfun! said:
Does anyone know the TV channel for the classic Disney cartoons at the CR?

They don't have the classic cartoon channel at the resorts anymore. :( We miss it!

Thanks both :) will get on those packages as soon as the 2014 FD dates are released!
You're welcome and happy planning!

Bedding Question....

Are the pillows down or poly filled? Also the duvet?

I don't remember either being down at YC or WL, but just read on another site they were down filled at CR.

:wave:
They feel like down at the CR, but I thought WDW Resorts used only synthetic down due to allergy concerns:confused3. Hopefully someone else will know for sure.

We just got back from Bay Lake Towers and had a lake view 1 bedroom booked. I had requested a north tower, high floor unit, even numbered and was super happy to have been assigned #8210. Sitting down from my living room couch I could see the MK castle and of course the fireworks at night :cool1:
If we looked straight out our living room we could see the lake and to our left we had a great view of some of the MK attractions.
Sounds like you had a great view and room. We stayed in a BLT one bedroom in August and loved it, too. We also got our request which I was very happy about. Did you book a BB?

Does anyone know the TV channel for the classic Disney cartoons at the CR?

They don't have the classic cartoon channel at the resorts anymore. :( We miss it!
I really miss it to. I loved watching Lambert the Sheepish Lion at the end of the day. How much could it possibly have cost Disney cost to run that channel? I wonder why it was removed:sad2:. Did that Duffy read-along channel replace it? You'd think they could have both though seeing how many channels are "reserved for future use."

WDWKOOK said:
:wave:
They feel like down at the CR, but I thought WDW Resorts used only synthetic down due to allergy concerns:confused3. Hopefully someone else will know for sure.

Oh good, you are still talking me to ;) I wasn't sure after my family's lack of love for WL this past weekend, LOL!!!!!

But yes that is exactly what I am concerned about. I am allergic to down and just like to let hotels/resorts know ahead of time if I know they have down. It would make sense that the resorts use something hypoallergenic. Hopefully someone will know for sure!

Have a great day KOOK!!!!

Oh good, you are still talking me to ;) I wasn't sure after my family's lack of love for WL this past weekend, LOL!!!!!

But yes that is exactly what I am concerned about. I am allergic to down and just like to let hotels/resorts know ahead of time if I know they have down. It would make sense that the resorts use something hypoallergenic. Hopefully someone will know for sure!

Have a great day KOOK!!!!

Naaa, this is the CR thread - all is good here:rotfl:

I hope you have a great day, too:goodvibes. Time to get DD up...

Wow. That really is disappointing. My kids are older now but still looked forward to watching them. We can watch everything else at home. That was a magical treat when staying in the Disney resorts.

Wow. That really is disappointing. My kids are older now but still looked forward to watching them. We can watch everything else at home. That was a magical treat when staying in the Disney resorts.

I know it's not the same, but if you search YouTube for "Clasic Disney" or "Silly Simphonies" or even "Lambert the Sheepish Lion" you can find many of them there.

Hi everyone,
Newbie here. We are booked at CSR for a spring trip but hoping to switch to CR soon. We would like to request a garden wing room as I am not too fond of heights. Anyone ever been offered a free upgrade at check-in?

Also, do the garden wing rooms facing the lake/beach cost more?

I know it's not the same, but if you search YouTube for "Clasic Disney" or "Silly Simphonies" or even "Lambert the Sheepish Lion" you can find many of them there.
:thumbsup2

Hi everyone,
Newbie here. We are booked at CSR for a spring trip but hoping to switch to CR soon. We would like to request a garden wing room as I am not too fond of heights. Anyone ever been offered a free upgrade at check-in?

Also, do the garden wing rooms facing the lake/beach cost more?
:welcome:
A Garden Wing room is not a request, but a bookable category. There are two bookable view categories within the Garden Wing booking:

Standard View: These rooms face the parking lot with the monorail above.

Garden View: These rooms face either the pool/grass, the canal that connects Bay Lake to Seven Seas Lagoon or they can directly face Bay Lake. These three views within the bookable Garden View are by request only and they aren't guaranteed. If you don't like heights, you can request a ground floor room in the Garden Wing, if you end-up changing to CR:)

Thanks, I would be fine with any room in the garden wing. It's the open floors of the Tower building that I don't like. Are all those floors open to the main atrium? Is it just the 14th floor that is a closed floor? That's club level though right?

Thanks, I would be fine with any room in the garden wing. It's the open floors of the Tower building that I don't like. Are all those floors open to the main atrium? Is it just the 14th floor that is a closed floor? That's club level though right?
That's correct, only the Tower Club Level (14th floor) is enclosed and doesn't open to the Concourse below.

Hi everyone! Just slightly more than 45 days to my stay at CR Tower Bay Lake View. So excited! I have a question about Garden Grocer deliveries. I've read conflicting reports that the resort charges a fee for collecting deliveries. Is that right? Alternatively, could I get things like cereal, milk, water, snacks etc at the resort shop? Will they cost substantially more? I'm not on the dining plan so planning to eat breakfast in room except for the days i have breakfast ADRs....

thanks!

WDWKOOK said:
I really miss it to. I loved watching Lambert the Sheepish Lion at the end of the day. How much could it possibly have cost Disney cost to run that channel? I wonder why it was removed:sad2:. Did that Duffy read-along channel replace it? You'd think they could have both though seeing how many channels are "reserved for future use."

I read it had something to do with the new televisions, but I don't know if it's true and I really don't see why that would make a difference. We should all write Disney and let them know we want the cartoon channel back. :)

Hi everyone! Just slightly more than 45 days to my stay at CR Tower Bay Lake View. So excited! I have a question about Garden Grocer deliveries. I've read conflicting reports that the resort charges a fee for collecting deliveries. Is that right? Alternatively, could I get things like cereal, milk, water, snacks etc at the resort shop? Will they cost substantially more? I'm not on the dining plan so planning to eat breakfast in room except for the days i have breakfast ADRs....

thanks!
Yes, you can purchase all of those items at Fantasia. They also sell cereal, milk and water (all single-sized servings) at Contempo Cafe.These Fantasia photos are from August:

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

I read it had something to do with the new televisions, but I don't know if it's true and I really don't see why that would make a difference. We should all write Disney and let them know we want the cartoon channel back. :)
:goodvibes

Hi everyone! Just slightly more than 45 days to my stay at CR Tower Bay Lake View. So excited! I have a question about Garden Grocer deliveries. I've read conflicting reports that the resort charges a fee for collecting deliveries. Is that right?

thanks!

I would like to know about the charge to collect groceries as well!

I had an order from Garden Grocer delivered at the end of September and the hotel did not collect any type of fee. I tipped the bell services gentleman when he brought them up for me but that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter