• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has already been covered...When I look for reservations for a room at BLT for June 2013, the Disney website says that there is no availability at this resort. The same happens when I check Animal Kingdom Villas. Is it possible that rooms to fit a family of 5 are already booked so far in advance, or do they open a block of rooms in the Deluxe Villa category as the date approaches? Just wondering, and I thought someone on this thread might know. Thanks!

I just tried changing it to 4 people for BLT in June 2013, and the same message comes up: "The Resort or Resort Category you requested is unavailable for the dates and party size selected."

Apologies if this has already been covered...When I look for reservations for a room at BLT for June 2013, the Disney website says that there is no availability at this resort. The same happens when I check Animal Kingdom Villas. Is it possible that rooms to fit a family of 5 are already booked so far in advance, or do they open a block of rooms in the Deluxe Villa category as the date approaches? Just wondering, and I thought someone on this thread might know. Thanks!

I know that they just released the February 2013 rooms a couple weeks ago. Maybe they haven't released out that far yet?
Also, our TA told us that even when they release rooms they don't always release everything. (We are waiting to see if we can upgrade what we did get.)

I know that they just released the February 2013 rooms a couple weeks ago. Maybe they haven't released out that far yet?
Also, our TA told us that even when they release rooms they don't always release everything. (We are waiting to see if we can upgrade what we did get.)

Also, the villa availabilities are kinda funny in that (and I'm NO expert in this!!!) my understanding is that Disney doesn't really own any of the villas (Disney and DVC are separate corporate entities), but when people use their DVC points for things like the Disney cruises, then Disney gets those points to use to rent out villas. That point exchange might happen in big chunks, so the allocation for April 2013 may not have happened yet. Also, I think when it gets close to last minute, DVC uses Disney (for a % fee) to rent out any open inventory for cash back into the DVC books (to help offset maintenance costs) instead of letting the rooms stay empty. But again, I could be 100% wrong on all of this. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the input. I'll try checking availability at a later date, and I'll cross my fingers that a block of rooms at BLT will be released!

Hi everyone! We've been back home a few days now and I just wanted to tell you all how our night in The Contemporary went. Well, it was BRILLIANT! We stayed in the Garden Wing, Standard View and don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it! We could see the top of the Castle and the EWP, also we loved watching the monorail going past. We ate at the Contempo Cafe and spent an hour in The Wave. My DH also used the Gym and loved it. My DD12 spent a few hours in the pool before we hit MK, where everything was walkon. We'll definitely be back as I think it's our favourite hotel now;):cool1:
Sounds like a great trip and one night stay in the GW. Time to start planning your return visit!

No, they aren't booked, you can only start making DVC 'cash' and non-'home' resort reservations 7 months in advance, so for June 2013, you should be able to book starting in November 2012. DVC owners can book at their home resort up to 11 months in advance.

I was finally able to switch our first four nights to a BLT LV one bedroom with the military rate. I've been trying for months and there was no discounted availability and at one point, no availability at all. Persistence finally paid off:thumbsup2

This will be our first stay in a villa (3 weeks from today:yay:) and DD13 is thrilled she'll have her own bathroom (and so are her parents;)).

Is there any way to get Mickey Domes other than eating at Chef Mickey's. Like you can get Zebra Domes at AKL's counter serve, any chance they have Mickey Domes at Contempo Cafe?

Is there any way to get Mickey Domes other than eating at Chef Mickey's. Like you can get Zebra Domes at AKL's counter serve, any chance they have Mickey Domes at Contempo Cafe?

mickey domes at Chef Mickeys?? for breakfast???

Hi everyone! We've been back home a few days now and I just wanted to tell you all how our night in The Contemporary went. Well, it was BRILLIANT! We stayed in the Garden Wing, Standard View and don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it! We could see the top of the Castle and the EWP, also we loved watching the monorail going past. We ate at the Contempo Cafe and spent an hour in The Wave. My DH also used the Gym and loved it. My DD12 spent a few hours in the pool before we hit MK, where everything was walkon. We'll definitely be back as I think it's our favourite hotel now;):cool1:

thank you soo much for this.
we are booked in the garden wing -standard room. Honey wants to use the gym whle I use the laundry room.
We want to eat at Contempo Cafe the first night. m excited

We booked our 1 bedroom Villa at Bay Lake in Nov 2011 for August 2012. My guess is it's just too early. My TA did say they book up FAST and I checked back for an upgrade to a two bedroom a few months later and there were NO 2 bedrooms available at that point. I wouldn't worry if I were you, give it a few more months and check back.

Beginning late January 2013, the 14th floor rooms and suites of the Contemporary Resort will close for refurbishment. Some renovations planned for these suites include: a hard and soft goods refurbishment (things like bedspreads, linens, furnishings, etc.); improvements to the concierge lounge that will capitalize on the sweeping views of Cinderella Castle, nightly fireworks and the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake; enhancements to the corridors and elevator foyer. The new room design and in-room amenities will be reflective of high-end suites at all deluxe Disney Resorts. The health and wellness concept that was mentioned last year will not be included on that floor or within the suites; however, most of the design concepts previously shown for these suites will be incorporated. The refurbishment is expected to last through late summer 2013 (dates are subject to change).

Is anyone going to be staying at BLT this month? If so would you please post the resort activity schedule and movie times. We will be there on August 31:dance3:

Beginning late January 2013, the 14th floor rooms and suites of the Contemporary Resort will close for refurbishment. Some renovations planned for these suites include: a hard and soft goods refurbishment (things like bedspreads, linens, furnishings, etc.); improvements to the concierge lounge that will capitalize on the sweeping views of Cinderella Castle, nightly fireworks and the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake; enhancements to the corridors and elevator foyer. The new room design and in-room amenities will be reflective of high-end suites at all deluxe Disney Resorts. The health and wellness concept that was mentioned last year will not be included on that floor or within the suites; however, most of the design concepts previously shown for these suites will be incorporated. The refurbishment is expected to last through late summer 2013 (dates are subject to change).

I wonder if this is why I couldn't get a room on the Atrium Club Level the first week in February. Had to change my dates to the week after and 2 days after I booked MK View Atrium Club there were no rooms left at all on Club Level.

Is anyone going to be staying at BLT this month? If so would you please post the resort activity schedule and movie times. We will be there on August 31:dance3:

We will be home on the 25th from BLT I will try to get the schedule for you.

We check-in on the 18th. The website I use to post the activity calendars hasn't updated since June, so I will post an August one after we check-in.

I wonder if this is why I couldn't get a room on the Atrium Club Level the first week in February. Had to change my dates to the week after and 2 days after I booked MK View Atrium Club there were no rooms left at all on Club Level.
It's possible they have to close the floor beneath the Tower Club (they call it 'buffering') during louder periods of rehab work so that's why you couldn't book a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter