The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving next week for our first trip to Disney. We are staying at CR in the tower MK view. Is it worth calling to request an odd numbered room? Does it make a big difference? Any other requests that I should make? Thanks!

PS What a beautiful picture, Mhconley!

Odd numbered room was the only request I made & it was granted. It was neat to be able to look out at any time & see Cindy's castle while lying in bed! It wouldn't hurt to put in the request.

Leaving next week for our first trip to Disney. We are staying at CR in the tower MK view. Is it worth calling to request an odd numbered room? Does it make a big difference? Any other requests that I should make? Thanks!

Well I am sure you know the only difference with an odd numbered room is that your beds will face the Magic Kingdom but the view will look the same no matter what. So if it's something you would like then go ahead and request it.

As for any other requests if you want to stay as high as possible the highest non Club Level floor in the Tower you can request is the 11th floor.

Finally if you think the noise from Chef Mickey's might be a problem request a room away from there over there and to be on the side over the Fantasia Store.

We requested an odd numbered room, which was granted, but I can't say that it really made much difference. My kids had the bed closer to the window, but I don't really recall them looking out the window from the bed at the MK much. When we were watching Wishes, we'd always go out on the balcony anyway.

Well I am sure you know the only difference with an odd numbered room is that your beds will face the Magic Kingdom but the view will look the same no matter what. So if it's something you would like then go ahead and request it.

As for any other requests if you want to stay as high as possible the highest non Club Level floor in the Tower you can request is the 11th floor.

Finally if you think the noise from Chef Mickey's might be a problem request a room away from there over there and to be on the side over the Fantasia Store.

Those were all the requests I put in last Christmas and they were all granted! The room was perfect and I loved waking up and seeing what color the castle was right then. I put in the same requests for this year. I sure hope I get them all again. The only noise issues I had was a very hard walking person the last couple nights of the trip. I swear it sounded like an elephant walking over my head!

Hey All!

How does everyone pay for the stays at the Contemporary and or Concierge level? Just curious

We have a vacation fund that goes directly into our savings account. This account is strictly for vacations. Does anyone do anything different? Would love to hear them... Thanks All! Brunette

For the first time, I'm attempting to save every penny in advance of our next trip. Since we're really doing it up with either a Theme Park view at Poly or MK tower view at the Contemporary (yes, now struggling since reading this thread!), I feel the need to justify the cost through extra saving on my part (since I'm the one who wants to go so badly!). I've saved through a huge garage sale, couponing, searching for coupon codes whenever I'm shopping online (like for kids' school clothes), etc. I haven't opened up a separate savings account - just tracking it all in a Google doc that I update every time I save. So far, I'm up to over $2400, and I've still got a year to go. Will we still go deluxe if I haven't reached my goal? Yep. But I'll feel a lot better about it knowing that most of the money spent came from savings. :thumbsup2

I'm heading down tomorrow, spending the night at ASMu, then 8 nights at BLT :banana: Quick question about the complimentary shampoo and conditioner...I know that as a DVC member I only get maid service after 4 days, then again after the next 3. If I run out of shampoo, conditioner or soap, will they give me more at the front desk or do i need to bring my own?

I'm heading down tomorrow, spending the night at ASMu, then 8 nights at BLT :banana: Quick question about the complimentary shampoo and conditioner...I know that as a DVC member I only get maid service after 4 days, then again after the next 3. If I run out of shampoo, conditioner or soap, will they give me more at the front desk or do i need to bring my own?
I would think you can always call Housekeeping and request more if you needed to.

We found they left plenty of products but if you would need more just ask one of the mousekeepers and they should give you more.

Thanks, I thought that too, but sometimes they take the whole "home away from home" a bit too seriously. I definately wish we had maid service everyday...my one week at Disney is usually the only week I'm in a clean room :lmao:

Ok. Here is a question... we will be arriving at the CR on Friday and heading over to MNSSHP before we leave on the Disney Magic Saturday. Now, we originally just booked one room (4 adults) and I got to thinking about it and that it wasn't a good idea if we all wanted to sleep because we are pooh-sized people. SO... we booked another room just tonight. I am an annual passholder and the only room I could get is standard room - atrium club level. I know I know... tough right? BUT... my parents will be in a TPV regular room. Would it be frowned upon to bring my parents into the lounge for breakfast before our departure? :confused3 What do you guys think?

Just a couple of quick questions (that I'm sure have been asked before somewhere, but a search didn't bring them up).

1. What size is the coffee maker in standard rooms? 4 cup or 12?

2. I enjoy a small instant decaf in the evenings, but we'll be staying in the Garden Wing (thus a long-ish walk after an already long day); would it be okay to bring my Hot Shot? All it does is heat water, so there would be no smell, and it stays unplugged unless I'm using it. If not, I'll deal, but bringing it would be a lot easier. lol

TIA!

Ok. Here is a question... we will be arriving at the CR on Friday and heading over to MNSSHP before we leave on the Disney Magic Saturday. Now, we originally just booked one room (4 adults) and I got to thinking about it and that it wasn't a good idea if we all wanted to sleep because we are pooh-sized people. SO... we booked another room just tonight. I am an annual passholder and the only room I could get is standard room - atrium club level. I know I know... tough right? BUT... my parents will be in a TPV regular room. Would it be frowned upon to bring my parents into the lounge for breakfast before our departure? :confused3 What do you guys think?
In August 2009 one of the Atrium Club Cast Members told me they don't mind when guests bring 2 or 3 family or friends into the lounge because those type of numbers aren't much where others will notice it being more busy. So I don't see a problem since it will just be your parents, although you can always ask just to make sure it's ok.

Ok that works! How late is the lounge open? How late can we get drinks?
Well the lounge doesn't close since there aren't any doors like at some of other ones. However at 10:00 PM is when the cans of Soda are taken out of the fridge and the desserts are taken away, since that's when the Club Level Cast Members go home.

Well the lounge doesn't close since there aren't any doors like at some of other ones. However at 10:00 PM is when the cans of Soda are taken out of the fridge and the desserts are taken away, since that's when the Club Level Cast Members go home.

HHhhmmm ok. I guess I am going to have to get a few before we leave and put them in our fridge! Thanks! :goodvibes

Another question...

Do I give my parents the TPV room or the Standard CL room? :confused3 It's a surprise so I need to decide where they are going. Either way they will be excited but what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter