The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
even containers for the cupcakes so they dont get smashed while transporting

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- the Contempo Cafe has killer cupcakes. My wife thinks they're too sweet, but I say they're perfect. :thumbsup2

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- the Contempo Cafe has killer cupcakes. My wife thinks they're too sweet, but I say they're perfect. :thumbsup2

i thought the ones we tried were perfect except for the strawberry lemonade one-- that really hurt my sweet tooth.

we tried choc peanut butter, strawberry lemondade, choc chip muffin one and something else.

They are killer. I get them for dds and we go over and sit outside the lounge and they eat them while I get a drink. Of course, they can't finish them so I have to help.

From August, and just as sweet as ever:

IMG_0577-1.jpg

IMG_2333-1.jpg

the desserts in the picture are not desserts offered through kids meals the kids get a prepackaged cookie. really considering upgrading a 8 year old to the adult plan the kids meal was really bad. when comparing her burger with ours the taste just was horrible and her nuggets was beter to get her tenders but that is an adult meal. i thought disney was not doing processed food for kids lol

the desserts in the picture are not desserts offered through kids meals the kids get a prepackaged cookie. really considering upgrading a 8 year old to the adult plan the kids meal was really bad. when comparing her burger with ours the taste just was horrible and her nuggets was beter to get her tenders but that is an adult meal. i thought disney was not doing processed food for kids lol
I posted the cupcakes because we were chatting about them. However, they are a snack option, as you can see in the photo.

Unless something has changed, you can order any Quick Serve meal for your DD, it does not have to be a kid's meal. They don't advertise this, but it is allowed. (At least it used to be.)

Hello CR Fans!!!

After many years and many WDW resorts, we're staying at CR next month! We booked Tower-Bay Lake View and we're all looking forward to it. We're splitting our stay with BC (our old favorite) and moving over to CR the morning of our MK day/MNSSHP night.

We made a relatively last-minute decision to book this trip (July decision to book October trip) so Chef Mickey's was no longer available for breakfast during our stay. We have three boys, and we've been to Chef Mickey's several times, but not with our youngest (age 5.) The rest of us are fine with skipping it, but we're planning at least one quick breakfast at Contempo Cafe and I'm a little concerned about the proximity to Chef Mickey's. Is it so close that our youngest is likely to be disappointed not to be over at Chef Mickey's? We were just on a 7-night Disney cruise and we have APs, so he's had lots of Mickey time, but I'm wondering whether we should find an alternative for breakfast. Maybe we should grab an ADR at the Wave instead so that we're not right there next to CM's? I'd appreciate any suggestions - thanks!

pixarmom said:
Hello CR Fans!!!

After many years and many WDW resorts, we're staying at CR next month! We booked Tower-Bay Lake View and we're all looking forward to it. We're splitting our stay with BC (our old favorite) and moving over to CR the morning of our MK day/MNSSHP night.

We made a relatively last-minute decision to book this trip (July decision to book October trip) so Chef Mickey's was no longer available for breakfast during our stay. We have three boys, and we've been to Chef Mickey's several times, but not with our youngest (age 5.) The rest of us are fine with skipping it, but we're planning at least one quick breakfast at Contempo Cafe and I'm a little concerned about the proximity to Chef Mickey's. Is it so close that our youngest is likely to be disappointed not to be over at Chef Mickey's? We were just on a 7-night Disney cruise and we have APs, so he's had lots of Mickey time, but I'm wondering whether we should find an alternative for breakfast. Maybe we should grab an ADR at the Wave instead so that we're not right there next to CM's? I'd appreciate any suggestions - thanks!

We love the breakfast at the Wave. But another option is to try standby at Chef. Our first year at CR, we had no ADR for CM and could hear the commotion but had no idea what was going on. Our second year, no ADR, but hubby tried the desk a few times and we were able to get in probably 3 times. He got the pager and sat by the lounge while we went back to the room to hang. Never waited more than 40 minutes. We never tried this for breakfast though - only dinners.

Hello CR Fans!!!

:wave2:
Here is a photo I took last month showing the proximity of CM to CC:

IMG_2336.jpg

Essentially, CM is right behind CC and the entrance is just to the left of CC - he'll know it's there! One way to avoid CM is to eat breakfast at The Wave. Their breakfast buffet is fantastic! It's located on the check-in level, just to the right of the concierge desk. You could also easily take the monorail to Capt. Cook's, but you'll have to go near CM to get to the monorail escalator. We love CC, but if you're trying to avoid any reminders of CM, then it'll be impossible there.

You've booked our favorite CR/BLT view - you'll love it!

Just checked some dates for September 2013
Theres no Garden Wing room left. :sad2:

But as we still can't decide where to sleep, I will get over it

Thanks Qmom and KOOK! Wow - KOOK's photo really shows the proximity - never paid attention to what was around CMs when we've been there in the past, so that really helps.

Just made an early breakfast ADR at the Wave. We can check in, leave our luggage with Bell Services, grab breakfast and head to MK for rope drop. My husband isn't great with CS anyway, so this should get the day off to a better start!

Thanks Qmom and KOOK! Wow - KOOK's photo really shows the proximity - never paid attention to what was around CMs when we've been there in the past, so that really helps.

Just made an early breakfast ADR at the Wave. We can check in, leave our luggage with Bell Services, grab breakfast and head to MK for rope drop. My husband isn't great with CS anyway, so this should get the day off to a better start!
You're welcome and I like your plan. You never know, your room might even be ready when you check-inpixiedust:

Booked CR for our January stay....it's a surprise trip for DS11...just he & I, and he has always wanted to stay at the Chef Mickey hotel....

debating on dropping CL :crazy2: but it's his birthday trip too,

and also debating upgrading to 14th floor...I am a mess :p

pas130 said:
Booked CR for our January stay....it's a surprise trip for DS11...just he & I, and he has always wanted to stay at the Chef Mickey hotel....

We stayed tower club (14th floor) two years ago. Enjoyed it. HAte to tell you though, the entire floor closes in January for renovations so the only CL available at CR will be Atrium Club. It may already be booked up. If you want to upgrade I'd suggest calling immediately.

Sounds like a great trip you have planned for DS11 Birthday!:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter