The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week from today we'll be checking-in for our first-ever DVC stay at BLT in a one bedroom BLV!

We've been very fortunate to be able to use the Military Salute rate which is 40% off the rack room only rate for Deluxes and has just been extended into 9/2013. In past years I beleive the AP and FLR may have gone that high or was it 35%? I believe you might have to book two room only reservations in order to have the GP rate on 8/16 and the FLR on 8/17 or can you book one reservation and have each discount applied to each night?

It sounds like you're already well aware of the discounts, but for others who aren't, www.MouseSavers.com is a great site that lists all available discounts and public codes. Just click-on "Walt Disney World" on the left hand side.

We check in one week from tomorrow. We will be staying in a grand villa. Look ro a group of 11 people. Three females will look very much alike since I traveling with my twin sister and a younger sister. My twin and I will be traveling with our families. If you see a rowdy group all over the age of 21 that will be us.

WDWKOOK said:
One week from today we'll be checking-in for our first-ever DVC stay at BLT in a one bedroom BLV!

We've been very fortunate to be able to use the Military Salute rate which is 40% off the rack room only rate for Deluxes and has just been extended into 9/2013. In past years I beleive the AP and FLR may have gone that high or was it 35%? I believe you might have to book two room only reservations in order to have the GP rate on 8/16 and the FLR on 8/17 or can you book one reservation and have each discount applied to each night?

It sounds like you're already well aware of the discounts, but for others who aren't, Mouse Savers is a great site that lists all available discounts and public codes. Just click-on "Walt Disney World" on the left hand side.

Does anyone know if they've ever included coalition forces? I know they don't now, but I'm just curious. My hubby was in the British army and I think it stinks we can't use the discount :( I understand though they have to put some limitations on them.

It sounds like you're already well aware of the discounts, but for others who aren't, www.MouseSavers.com is a great site that lists all available discounts and public codes. Just click-on "Walt Disney World" on the left hand side.

Thanks for the info, Kook. Yes FL rates used to be up to 35% the past few years and sometimes even 40% but suddenly not anymore. You are lucky to keep 40%, but also deserve it for your service!

The FL and AP rates at CR are 25% on Aug. 17. But the CM I talked to today wouldn't let me use it since we arrive on the 16th and we are using the 20% off GP rate. The diff only comes out to $25 since it's only for one night but still...I think i will try to call again.

I also have a BB reservation for October and I know they might allow me to change my dates, but would they allow me to add this 2nd reservation at the same BB rate? I don't want to give up my reservation for October because I'm not sure I'll get another BB while staying at CR next week.

Anyway, wishing you a great time at BLT. We stayed there twice when it was new. Loved the extra bathroom. Loved everything about BLT and at that time thought housekeeping was very good. Liked the convenience of the monorail and Contempo Cafe. I can't comment on maintenance issues but noise from neighbors was never an issue. Did you give up your GF plans?

Thank you for your service to our country.

I have a question....it's our first time at Bay Lake Tower and I wasn't sure if the bathrooms have complimentary blowedryers or if I will need to bring mine from home. We've stayed at the Contemporary and Poly and both have blowdryers but since Bay Lake is part of the DVC I wasn't sure.

We leave in THREE days! Packing now :cool1: :banana:

Thanks in advance for the info. :)

Yes they have blowdryers, at least in the 1BR ones where we stayed. I expect all the rooms there have them though.

We will be checking into BLT in 19 Days :cool1:. Even though we are owners of BLT and have been since 2010, this is our first stay here. We will be in a Studio Lake View and we are all very excited about our stay. One question I have is, where exactly are the washers and dryers there? Thank you so much :goodvibes

Just got back from wdw last night and I'm already planning out next trip. ;)

Dh and I will be staying in a standard view studio at BLT in January for the marathon. Kid free!!!!! :) Can anyone tell me where those studios are located, which floors, and are all the views terrible? We weren't able to get lake or theme park, standard was all that was left. Hoping we won't be looking at a pile of garbage. LOL :)

Just got back from wdw last night and I'm already planning out next trip. ;)

Dh and I will be staying in a standard view studio at BLT in January for the marathon. Kid free!!!!! :) Can anyone tell me where those studios are located, which floors, and are all the views terrible? We weren't able to get lake or theme park, standard was all that was left. Hoping we won't be looking at a pile of garbage. LOL :)

Check out the following thread. Some of the standard views face the MK, just lowere to the ground so a better view of the parking lot as well. All a matter of perspective though, my eyes always go toward the castle, not parked cars ;-)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Are the coffee-makers at CR the same as the newer style Cuisinart 2 cups that use pods?

TIA for answers (I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere but I couldn't find it:confused3)

We will be checking into BLT in 19 Days :cool1:. Even though we are owners of BLT and have been since 2010, this is our first stay here. We will be in a Studio Lake View and we are all very excited about our stay. One question I have is, where exactly are the washers and dryers there? Thank you so much :goodvibes

The best Lake View Studios end in 08. I stayed in 8408 (14th floor and it was amazing) Here is the view. This was taken with my phone. The castle and MK were much clearer and closer than they appear in the pano. Perfect fireworks every night.

panorama1.jpg

Does anyone know if they've ever included coalition forces? I know they don't now, but I'm just curious. My hubby was in the British army and I think it stinks we can't use the discount :( I understand though they have to put some limitations on them.
I'm sorry, but the Military Salute is only available to US armed forces who are on active-duty or retired.

Thanks for the info, Kook. Yes FL rates used to be up to 35% the past few years and sometimes even 40% but suddenly not anymore. You are lucky to keep 40%, but also deserve it for your service!

The FL and AP rates at CR are 25% on Aug. 17. But the CM I talked to today wouldn't let me use it since we arrive on the 16th and we are using the 20% off GP rate. The diff only comes out to $25 since it's only for one night but still...I think i will try to call again.

I also have a BB reservation for October and I know they might allow me to change my dates, but would they allow me to add this 2nd reservation at the same BB rate? I don't want to give up my reservation for October because I'm not sure I'll get another BB while staying at CR next week.

Anyway, wishing you a great time at BLT. We stayed there twice when it was new. Loved the extra bathroom. Loved everything about BLT and at that time thought housekeeping was very good. Liked the convenience of the monorail and Contempo Cafe. I can't comment on maintenance issues but noise from neighbors was never an issue. Did you give up your GF plans?
I appreciate your BLT comments and it makes me feel better reading that. I had read some reports that some rooms weren't aging gracefully!

I can't believe you remember about RPC! Due to the construction, I gave that up long ago and it has since been replaced with multiple resorts. I'll post an update on BLT after we check in this weekend. It looks like we just miss each other this weekend.

Thank you for your service to our country.
I will pass that along to DH - you're very kind, zima-cheryl.

DVC studios don't have washers and dryers, but laundry facilities are located on the first floor off the lobby area. The studios are only around 300 SF, which is around 100 SF smaller than a room at the CR. But, I bet the Japanese could figure out a way to fit one in:thumbsup2

I hope you have a great first stay at BLT!

The best Lake View Studios end in 08. I stayed in 8408 (14th floor and it was amazing) Here is the view. This was taken with my phone. The castle and MK were much clearer and closer than they appear in the pano. Perfect fireworks every night.

panorama1.jpg

Oh wow, thanks for the picture....that would be an awesome view to get. Kind of the best of both worlds...MK with the fireworks and Bay Lake :goodvibes.

Oh wow, thanks for the picture....that would be an awesome view to get. Kind of the best of both worlds...MK with the fireworks and Bay Lake :goodvibes.

I requested low even number and high floor. Apparently you can try to request exact rooms numbers.

DVC studios don't have washers and dryers, but laundry facilities are located on the first floor off the lobby area. The studios are only around 300 SF, which is around 100 SF smaller than a room at the CR. But, I bet the Japanese could figure out a way to fit one in:thumbsup2

I hope you have a great first stay at BLT!

Thanks....I didn't mean to ask where the washer and dryers were, but did mean to ask where the laundry facility was for BLT...you knew what I meant :goodvibes. Thank you for the info. We have only ever stayed at BCV in a Studio and had been lucky the both times that the laundry facility was on the same floor that our room was on.

I requested low even number and high floor. Apparently you can try to request exact rooms numbers.

Thanks again, good info to know. We have already requested highest floor possible and would love to have a view of the lake and some part of MK (if possible), I'll write down what you requested so I can remember when we go to check-in. Did you request at time of check-in at the resort, or did you do online check-in?

Requested low even number when reservation was made. You can always call right now. Then high floor during on-line check in. I would call and request an "08"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter