The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to the thread I linked to above, on the first page you can see photos of the BLT LV rooms that have a MKV! From the balcony, you would lean/look to the left.

I understand about the ticker - but you really need a cool BLT one!

I got myself a really cool BLT one!!

So for the MK View at BLT for Studios is there a specific floor or number that I should request. Looking at the thread you posted shows like 7806-7808. So should I ay like 8th floor, even numbers?

We usually get a TPV at the Contemporary but are saving some money this time and getting a bay lake view. Is there any room better than another on Bay Lake side?

We usually get a TPV at the Contemporary but are saving some money this time and getting a bay lake view. Is there any room better than another on Bay Lake side?
Personally, the Tower BLV rooms are our favorite at the CR. I always request a high floor away from CM. If you request a high floor, you'll have an even more commanding view of Bay Lake. To the right of your balcony is Epcot in the distance and you can even see some of Illuminations and you'll be able to watch the EWP at 10:05 every night.

Our first stay will be in August. I just saw a video of CR and had a few questions:

Do all of the Monorails go to the CR or only certain colors?

Does the Fantasia Market sell cigars?

Can you get a boat to MK (like out last stay at the Poly)?

Can you see MK foreworks from Beach?

Our first stay will be in August. I just saw a video of CR and had a few questions:

Do all of the Monorails go to the CR or only certain colors?

Can you get a boat to MK (like out last stay at the Poly)?

Can you see MK foreworks from Beach?
There are two monorail beams that go around Seven Seas Lagoon. The resort monorail runs clockwise around the lagoon. It makes EVERY stop on the loop. This means if you get on at Contemporary, it then stops at the Transportation & Ticket Center, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom, then back to Contemporary and so on.

The express monorail runs counter-clockwise around the lagoon and stops only at the TTC and MK. It runs through Contemporary and past Poly and GF but doesn't stop at those places. The two different monorails are on two different beams (tracks), so you really can't get on the wrong one by accident. There's no such thing as a RESORT monorail not stopping at a resort ... in other words, the color doesn't matter when it comes to that.

I don't know about the cigars.

No boat from Contemporary to MK. The great news is that you can easily WALK from one to the other. It's very very nice, like after Wishes when thousands of people are streaming out of MK and lining up for some transportation or another, you can just happily take your time and walk home.

Don't know if you can see the fireworks from the beach. I imagine a large majority would be blocked by the tower.

I started a new thread with this question but realized that I should have posted it here.....

I was planning to utilize grocery delivery for the first time at the CR. What does the resort charge for us to receive it? Can it be held if we are not there, and later be delivered to our room? Thanks!

What did you think of the room condition of your BLT one bedroom? Did you hear a lot of noise from other villas? I'm considering it up front before our WL/CL stay for our 25th, but many BLT reviews mention that the rooms are not in very good condition and/or noisy and this concerns me.

Would love to read about anyone else's stay, too at BLT. Was your room in good shape and was it noisy?

Just got back yesterday from a long weekend stay. We had room 7328, a studio on the third floor. I had requested a higher floor, but didn't get it. When we checked in, we asked if any one-bedrooms opened up, and for a minute thought we got lucky, but I'm not sure what happened, maybe a housekeeping mix-up. Anyway, the CM who checked us in later called and told us he was sending strawberries up to our room, which I thought was a very nice gesture. Turned out they were chocolate covered! (pictures later)

I thought our room was in perfect condition. We never heard any noise from either adjoining room. Only time we heard any noise was from the fireworks, which we could see fine from our balcony. Even on the third floor, we had a good view of the top of the castle and Space Mountain and the fireworks are really more over Space Mountain, then directly over the castle. Loved being able to walk to MK and was glad the monorail was working again during the day. It was fun trying out the various restaurants in the other monorail hotels.

Having said all that, as much as we really did enjoy our stay, my heart is still with the Boardwalk. The monorail convenience is negated by the fact that we walked to MK and we tend to spend more time at EPCOT and DHS than the other tow parks. And you have all the activities of the Boardwalk. I like the Luna pool better too.

Hey all!! I asked this question on the Dining board but I haven't heard anything.....thought you guys would know....

When we visited Disney last month one of the foods we were looking forward to having again at the Contempo Cafe was not only the delicious sandwiches (IE: The Smoked Turkey BLT and Italian Stacked Sandwich)....but the Mouse Made Chips that go along with the sandwiches! :thumbsup2

BUT....it seems they have changed the seasonings on the chips since last year's visit. They taste just like plain chips now.....I thought they were kinda sweet before??? Anyone else notice that? :confused3

I'm actually glad they changed the taste because I ate a LOT LESS chips this year!!:rotfl2: But ohhhhh...they were soooo goooood!!!:hyper:

We just got back from a trip split between GF RPC and a 2-bedroom at BLT (our home resort). We had reserved an MK view room at BLT, but when we arrived, the view was of the Contemporary and the little service area next to the BLT parking lot. We definitely did not consider it an MK view, so we asked to be moved. They moved us down two floors and about 4 rooms back towards the center of BLT, so we actually could see the MK from part of our living room. I have to say that it aggravates me how they assign views to the rooms here ... our last stay we'd booked a lake view and instead looked straight across into other villas. The lake could only be seen if we stood on the balcony and leaned waaaay over. There are a lot more of what I would consider standard views at BLT than they offer.

We loved the spaciousness of the villa of course, but were disheartened to see that the carpet was really badly stained, and there were a ton of nicks in the furniture, sad for a resort that isn't even 3 years old. The toilet paper holder in the master bath had become detached from the wall and hung at an angle, which caused the roll to keep falling off. Also, the shower hadn't been cleaned well, as there was still visible evidence of the previous resident's soap and shampoo bottles on the little bench. We scrubbed the shower down with Clorox wipes, but obviously it was something that should've been taken care of prior to our arrival.

The other thing that bothered us was all the dead bugs. I've read other complaints about this issue at BLT before, and can't figure out why this resort seemingly has this issue more than others. It's not like the doors are constantly open, at least not that much more than any other resort, but there were live and dead bugs everywhere. The first floor hallway was covered in them. :confused3

All that being said, the CR/BLT are still our favorites and we miss them when we stay elsewhere. We're hoping to make a return trip while our APs are still good, so are keeping our fingers crossed for a good rate for the CR at the end of January. :thumbsup2

Yes, they do sell cigars.

I started a new thread with this question but realized that I should have posted it here.....

I was planning to utilize grocery delivery for the first time at the CR. What does the resort charge for us to receive it? Can it be held if we are not there, and later be delivered to our room? Thanks!
The CR does not charge you for a grocery delivery. Items are stored in the Bell Services fridge. You would just tip the bellman when he delivers them to your room.

This is from the Garden Grocer website:

Most hotels have a refrigerator and freezer to store your perishables. They will be logged-in under your last name at bell services/luggage room. Just stop by or call bell services when you arrive, and they will arrange the delivery to your room. If you are not staying in a Disney hotel, we recommend calling your hotel in advance to discuss and understand their delivery policies, procedures and to find out if they have a refrigerator/ freezer to store your perishables.

NOTE: All Disney Resorts have refrigerators and freezers in their luggage rooms to store your perishables until you arrive. The "Value" and "Moderate" resorts typically have small refrigerators (1.7 cu. ft.) for your room use, therefore we recommend 1/2 gallons of milk versus 1 gallon containers. Sizes of refrigerator/freezers vary by "Deluxe" resort. We recommend calling the resort for details on the available size for your room. Disney Vacation Club Villas (1, 2 and 3 bedroom units) have full size refrigerators and freezers. Feel free to order all the perishables needed for your family's stay

Just got back yesterday from a long weekend stay. We had room 7328, a studio on the third floor. I had requested a higher floor, but didn't get it. When we checked in, we asked if any one-bedrooms opened up, and for a minute thought we got lucky, but I'm not sure what happened, maybe a housekeeping mix-up. Anyway, the CM who checked us in later called and told us he was sending strawberries up to our room, which I thought was a very nice gesture. Turned out they were chocolate covered! (pictures later)

I thought our room was in perfect condition. We never heard any noise from either adjoining room. Only time we heard any noise was from the fireworks, which we could see fine from our balcony. Even on the third floor, we had a good view of the top of the castle and Space Mountain and the fireworks are really more over Space Mountain, then directly over the castle. Loved being able to walk to MK and was glad the monorail was working again during the day. It was fun trying out the various restaurants in the other monorail hotels.

Having said all that, as much as we really did enjoy our stay, my heart is still with the Boardwalk. The monorail convenience is negated by the fact that we walked to MK and we tend to spend more time at EPCOT and DHS than the other tow parks. And you have all the activities of the Boardwalk. I like the Luna pool better too.
Thank you for posting about your recent stay at BLT. Sounds like a BWI/BWV stay is in your future? LOVE those chocolate covered strawberries:)

Hey all!! I asked this question on the Dining board but I haven't heard anything.....thought you guys would know....

When we visited Disney last month one of the foods we were looking forward to having again at the Contempo Cafe was not only the delicious sandwiches (IE: The Smoked Turkey BLT and Italian Stacked Sandwich)....but the Mouse Made Chips that go along with the sandwiches! :thumbsup2

BUT....it seems they have changed the seasonings on the chips since last year's visit. They taste just like plain chips now.....I thought they were kinda sweet before??? Anyone else notice that? :confused3

I'm actually glad they changed the taste because I ate a LOT LESS chips this year!!:rotfl2: But ohhhhh...they were soooo goooood!!!:hyper:
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but maybe someone else canpopcorn::

We just got back from a trip split between GF RPC and a 2-bedroom at BLT (our home resort). We had reserved an MK view room at BLT, but when we arrived, the view was of the Contemporary and the little service area next to the BLT parking lot. We definitely did not consider it an MK view, so we asked to be moved. They moved us down two floors and about 4 rooms back towards the center of BLT, so we actually could see the MK from part of our living room. I have to say that it aggravates me how they assign views to the rooms here ... our last stay we'd booked a lake view and instead looked straight across into other villas. The lake could only be seen if we stood on the balcony and leaned waaaay over. There are a lot more of what I would consider standard views at BLT than they offer.

We loved the spaciousness of the villa of course, but were disheartened to see that the carpet was really badly stained, and there were a ton of nicks in the furniture, sad for a resort that isn't even 3 years old. The toilet paper holder in the master bath had become detached from the wall and hung at an angle, which caused the roll to keep falling off. Also, the shower hadn't been cleaned well, as there was still visible evidence of the previous resident's soap and shampoo bottles on the little bench. We scrubbed the shower down with Clorox wipes, but obviously it was something that should've been taken care of prior to our arrival.

The other thing that bothered us was all the dead bugs. I've read other complaints about this issue at BLT before, and can't figure out why this resort seemingly has this issue more than others. It's not like the doors are constantly open, at least not that much more than any other resort, but there were live and dead bugs everywhere. The first floor hallway was covered in them. :confused3

All that being said, the CR/BLT are still our favorites and we miss them when we stay elsewhere. We're hoping to make a return trip while our APs are still good, so are keeping our fingers crossed for a good rate for the CR at the end of January. :thumbsup2
Thank you for posting your BLT TR. The two bedroom must have seemed huge. Did you miss the RPC lounge or did you stay at BLT first?

It's too bad that you had to ask to move to an actual MK view room. I read they have changed quite a few rooms to different view categories, but only after guests complained. How hard could it be for them to just walk into the room and have a look out the window or from the balcony to determine the actual view? And, there's no excuse for rising prices AND the deteriorating state of some of the BLT rooms. Your room's condition seems to be all too common, which is really unfortunate. We had wanted to try a BLT one bedroom for the first time for our anniversary, but none are available with our discount. I felt disappointed at first when I booked a CR Tower room instead, but the more BLT room complaints I read, the less disappointed I am.

I hope you get an AP rate soon! Will it be BLT or CR:confused3

Thank you for posting your BLT TR. The two bedroom must have seemed huge. Did you miss the RPC lounge or did you stay at BLT first?

It's too bad that you had to ask to move to an actual MK view room. I read they have changed quite a few rooms to different view categories, but only after guests complained. How hard could it be for them to just walk into the room and have a look out the window or from the balcony to determine the actual view? And, there's no excuse for rising prices AND the deteriorating state of some of the BLT rooms. Your room's condition seems to be all too common, which is really unfortunate. We had wanted to try a BLT one bedroom for the first time for our anniversary, but none are available with our discount. I felt disappointed at first when I booked a CR Tower room instead, but the more BLT room complaints I read, the less disappointed I am.

I hope you get an AP rate soon! Will it be BLT or CR:confused3

We stayed at the GF first, but really didn't miss the lounge. My dh and ds and his gf ate up there a few times, but I was unable to, as I have a latex allergy and the chef told us all the food there was prepared with latex gloves. We did love the convenience of being in the main building though! :thumbsup2

Yeah, it's a real shame about the condition of the BLT rooms. My dh was even wondering aloud what our "maintenance" dues were being used for, because it sure didn't seem to be maintained! They were, however, painting stripes on the walls in the hallways ... I would've preferred a little more attention *inside* the rooms! ;)

I think since our next trip will just be dh and me, we are going to shoot for a room in the CR tower, with a BLT studio being choice #2. :goodvibes

If you are a cigar smoker you should head over to Downtown Disney & check out Sosa (sp?) cigars. Last time we were there while DH was shopping I got to sit & watch a gentleman rolling the outter layers onto cigars. Was interesting to see the hand rolling.

Also, near Ragalan Road is a small bar called Fuego that is a cigar bar so you can smoke inside & have an adult beverage.

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at BLT. Sounds like a BWI/BWV stay is in your future? LOVE those chocolate covered strawberries:)

We're back to the BWV pre and post-cruise in September/October, although I have waitlisted for an AKL Club level room ONLY BECAUSE I've always wanted to do the sunrise safari. But it is so difficult to get because of the sparsity of club level rooms. BWV is still our resort of choice.

And I was told by my wife and daughter that the strawberries were delicious. I couldn't have them this time around :(

We are stayin in the garden wing. Are we allowed to request turn down service at the CR? My girls and I find that to be just magical! :goodvibes

Looks like we are going to need to do laundry this time (staying 2 weeks in the World). Can we use our KTTW? Are the laundry facilities near the pool? Garden Wing? Thanks! Can't wait until our trip. :cool1:

Looks like we are going to need to do laundry this time (staying 2 weeks in the World). Can we use our KTTW? Are the laundry facilities near the pool? Garden Wing? Thanks! Can't wait until our trip. :cool1:

The Garden wing has a nice laundry. We threw some things in and hit the pool for a bit.

On our first trip to CR we decided to save $ by going for a Bay Lake view. We loved it! In fact if they offer us a free MK view upgrade next time we would have to really think about accepting it. The Bay Lake view has a wonderful "zen-like" feeling. You hear the boats slowing moving and tooting their horns......it's very relaxing.

The laundry machines don't accept Key To The World cards or credit cards. Good idea, though!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter