• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodvibesHeading back to CR in July. Can't wait. :cool1: When we were at WDW last November, there was what looked like a refurb of the slide/pool going on. Does anyone know anything about this, and are there any pictures of what it looks like now? Thanks!

:goodvibesHeading back to CR in July. Can't wait. :cool1: When we were at WDW last November, there was what looked like a refurb of the slide/pool going on. Does anyone know anything about this, and are there any pictures of what it looks like now? Thanks!

Bopth pools are in full use, but as of my last day thee, 3/25/12, the pool slide looked like a ruin from an ancient civilization ... it looked like it hadn't been in use for a while and that it wasn't going to be in use any time soon.

Bopth pools are in full use, but as of my last day thee, 3/25/12, the pool slide looked like a ruin from an ancient civilization ... it looked like it hadn't been in use for a while and that it wasn't going to be in use any time soon.

So the slide can't be used? Yikes! That's not good! That's one of the things our older DS is most excited about!

I looked at the CR pool today and the slide is still closed due to construction, but the splash area re-opened.

I looked at the CR pool today and the slide is still closed due to construction, but the splash area re-opened.

Yep, I stayed there 2 weeks ago with a Bay Lake view and could see the pool quite well from my room.

The slide is actually missing a piece out of it at the top. However, I never saw anyone working on it, so not sure what the deal is there.

The splash area looked like it was being used and enjoyed very well!

Can anyone tell me what happened to "Pal Mickey". I just read about it and it sounds like it was neat and a good idea but they say it is no lomger available. Any one know why?:confused. :confused3

While I will continue to think that the Contemporary is an excellent resort, my new found love for the Boardwalk Inn has finally forced me to give up my CR Resort Fan 4 Life user name, and now go with something that is more appropriate - BWI FAN 4 EVER.

Anyway when the time comes to create a new Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower FAQ thread I won't be doing it and if someone is up to the challenge of doing the next one please let me know.

While I will continue to think that the Contemporary is an excellent resort, my new found love for the Boardwalk Inn has finally forced me to give up my CR Resort Fan 4 Life user name, and now go with something that is more appropriate - BWI FAN 4 EVER.

Anyway when the time comes to create a new Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower FAQ thread I won't be doing it and if someone is up to the challenge of doing the next one please let me know.

Wow, what a press release. Thanks for maintaining the thread so long.

We thank you for all of the wonderful information that you have given to all of us. We will miss you.:hug:

Looking forward to maybe a BWI thread by you.:yay:

Thank you so much for all you have done!! Even though BWI is now your resort of choice, I know you will still be around the Disboards to share the knowledge you glean from your many trips. I look to you as one of the "experts" here and greatly appreciate all of your help.

Are you and your family headed back in August? And, I didn't happen to catch it, but did you ever get to try those Fish and Chips???

Thanks so much again!!

Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this thread and all of your knowledge regarding CR!

We were there the 29th to the 5th. A lifeguard at the CR pool told us that the slide would be down until the end of April. We were disappointed but the resort is very nice and has many other things to offer. We went to Blizzard Beach one day so my kiddos got their share of pool slides! It was our very first stay at CR- we loved it. We had a Tower Bay Lake view. Monorails were running most of the time, there were a few times it was down for an hour or two. Walk to Magic Kingdom was convenient but not as relaxing as the walk from BC/YC to Epcot. We liked that the QS food option was right there, our kids liked the fire pit/marshmallow roast, the fireworks and Electric Water Parade. But mostly they LOVED that the monorails run right through the resort. It made it different from any other Disney resort we've stayed in.

We were there the 29th to the 5th. A lifeguard at the CR pool told us that the slide would be down until the end of April. We were disappointed but the resort is very nice and has many other things to offer. We went to Blizzard Beach one day so my kiddos got their share of pool slides! It was our very first stay at CR- we loved it. We had a Tower Bay Lake view. Monorails were running most of the time, there were a few times it was down for an hour or two. Walk to Magic Kingdom was convenient but not as relaxing as the walk from BC/YC to Epcot. We liked that the QS food option was right there, our kids liked the fire pit/marshmallow roast, the fireworks and Electric Water Parade. But mostly they LOVED that the monorails run right through the resort. It made it different from any other Disney resort we've stayed in.

May I ask where did u do the marshmallow roast? Our kids will definitely like to do that when we are there. Do they have it all the time? Do we need to pre register for it? Any info you can provide will be much appreciated.

What time is the Electric Water Parade? I want to make sure that I see it when I am there in Aug.

We were there the 29th to the 5th. A lifeguard at the CR pool told us that the slide would be down until the end of April.

Were you able to use the slide at BLT by chance? I just booked the CR for 1 night as a surpise for ours boys since they love the pool and slide there. What a bummer. If not I may have to see if I can change it now to someplace else. We leave next week. ugh

In light of the change, wouldn't a less definitive user name be more appropriate? Perhaps BWI FAN 4 NOW? :rolleyes1

Sorry man, couldn't resist. Thanks for all of the great info you've provided over the years.

Tables in Wonderland Discovery Dinner

The Wave . . . of American Flavors Discovery Dinner @ Contemporary Resort
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Reception 6:30 pm; Dinner 7:00 pm
Meet at the main podium. Dress code is casual evening attire.
$110 per person (tax and gratuity included)

April's Discovery Dinner is hosted by Matt McLean representing his family's organic citrus business "Uncle Matt's". Uncle Matt's grows all of their produce 100% organically, with no additives, preservatives, pesticides and fertilizers. Over 1,100 acres throughout the state of Florida produce these crops, which also include avocados, blueberries and peaches. Matt is currently Vice President on the National Board of Directors for the Organic Trade Association (OTA), where he works to create standards for the organic industry.

Eddie Fara, Florida State Manager for Boisset Family Wine Estates, will host the wine portion of the evening. Eddie has worked with Deloach Vineyards, Raymond Vineyards, Buena Vista Winery, Lyeth Estates, Jean-Claude Boisset, Beni di Batasiolo, Charles De Fere, Neige and many other premium wineries.

Reception in The Wave . . . of American Flavors Lounge
Cold Smoked Pork Tenderloin Flatbread with Sun-Dried Blueberries
Rock Shrimp Fritters
DeLoach Vineyards “Barrel to Barrel” Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
Dinner in The Wave . . . of American Flavors Private Dining Room
Appetizer
Grilled Atlantic Shrimp with Vietnamese Peach Relish
Melon and Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
Pancetta wrapped Peaches with Micro Basil and Aged Balsamic
DeLoach Vineyards Russian River Valley Chardonnay
Entrée
Thyme and Rosemary Roasted Pin-Tail Pheasant with Blue Cornbread Stuffing
Peach and Blueberry Preserves
King Farm Vegetables of the Moment
DeLoach Vineyards Masut Vineyard Pinot Noir
Salad
Grilled Peach, Tomato and Radicchio Salad with Basil Oil
Charles de Fère Rosé
Cheese Course
Darby Port, Lamb Chopper Goat Cheese, White Diamond Cheddar, Gewurztraminer Blueberries
Raymond Vineyards “Barrel to Barrel” Cabernet Sauvignon
Dessert
Peach Gallette, Frozen Yogurt with Warm Blueberry Compote, Fresh Peaches, and Blueberry Leather
Neige Apple Ice Wine

Has anyone done one of those Wave receptions? We'll be there during that time, but I think we already have Citricos ADRs for that night. And the wife really doesn't like wine at all.

Leaving tomorrow for our stay at BLT... woo hoo!

Has anyone used the wifi there recently? Wondering if I should pack the travel router or not...

Has anyone done one of those Wave receptions? We'll be there during that time, but I think we already have Citricos ADRs for that night. And the wife really doesn't like wine at all.

Leaving tomorrow for our stay at BLT... woo hoo!

Has anyone used the wifi there recently? Wondering if I should pack the travel router or not...
I've never done any TIW dinners.

I just returned from WDW and the WiFi was terrible at BWI and great at WL, but I can't comment on BLT. Guess it depends on the amount of traffic/users:confused3

I hope you have a great vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter