The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, Heather!

Just to clarify, there are two CLs at the CR: Atrium Club, which is the 12th floor and Tower Club, which is the 14th floor and is currently undergoing renovations.

Merida: Did you book a Garden View or a Standard View Garden Wing room?

Hi everyone! We've recently booked a stay in the garden wing at CR. I was wondering if there was any requests that were usually made about rooms there? From my research, it seemed as though there were preferred buildings/rooms/areas in the mods and values, but couldn't find anything specific about CR. Neither my boyfriend nor I have ever stayed here, though it's (coincidentally) been our favorite hotel since we were younger, so I'd like to make it a special trip.

Thanks!
Since their Garden Wing rooms don't come with balconies like the Tower rooms if you request a 1st floor room then you will get one with a patio.

In today's issue of the Disney Parks Blog, they have a feature on the new SHAG (he's the artist) merchandise debuting at WDW for the 40th anniversary. The merchandise features retro depictions of WDW as it was in 1971. They have some neat merchandise featuring the CR and they may be purchased beginning June 24 at the Uptown Jewelers in the MK. SHAG will host the event.

Not sure why that family is sun bathing/playing out on Discovery Island - maybe it's supposed to be River Country:confused3

sae183838SMALL.jpg

sae283777SMALL.jpg

sae403988SMALL.jpg

In today's issue of the Disney Parks Blog, they have a feature on the new SHAG (he's the artist) merchandise debuting at WDW for the 40th anniversary. The merchandise features retro depictions of WDW as it was in 1971. They have some neat merchandise featuring the CR and they may be purchased beginning June 24 at the Uptown Jewelers in the MK. SHAG will host the event.

Not sure why that family is sun bathing/playing out on Discovery Island - maybe it's supposed to be River Country:confused3

sae183838SMALL.jpg

sae283777SMALL.jpg

sae403988SMALL.jpg

Aww, love the throw-back theme...will def be on the hunt this fall!! Thanks for posting. :goodvibes

sae183838SMALL.jpg

sae283777SMALL.jpg

sae403988SMALL.jpg

Oh my gosh, I love these depictions - not my usual taste, but heck it's a Disney celebration.;) It is odd the artist put the family in Discovery Island...I agree he had to be thinking of River Country...guess it shows how little he knows about WDW past. :confused3

Wish I'd taken more pics on our Discovery Island and River Country visits (I did almost drown at RC - seriously!). In '81 (or was it '82?) on our first trip, it was the beginning of multi-day tkts - only one park still, but it would be 3 days in the MK and on the back one day each at Discovery Island & River Country. The tkts were stamped - as was a hand to return to the park later in the day. Disney provide a large safety pin as they tkts had string so a guest could attach the tkt to clothing. Gee, those were the days.

Does anyone know if officially the celebration begins in October and ends the following October as in previous birthday/anniversary celebrations?

Thanks!:flower3:

sae183838SMALL.jpg

sae283777SMALL.jpg

sae403988SMALL.jpg
Those look very interesting and thanks for posting them.

Will be staying at the CR Aug 2 through 10 for the Hummel convention. Main question is we have ADRs for the HDDR 5 pm show on the Sunday. I would like to know how long the boat ride is from CR to FW so we can plan our day. How early should we be on the dock, etc? This will be our first trip w/o kids so are hoping for a little more laid back, not have to hit everything trip.

Will be staying at the CR Aug 2 through 10 for the Hummel convention. Main question is we have ADRs for the HDDR 5 pm show on the Sunday. I would like to know how long the boat ride is from CR to FW so we can plan our day. How early should we be on the dock, etc? This will be our first trip w/o kids so are hoping for a little more laid back, not have to hit everything trip.
I would say it's best to be waiting for the boat at least an hour or more before because it also stops at the Wilderness Lodge and I can't remember where it stops after leaving the Contemporary in the afternoon.

The boat ride itself isn't long...but you may have to wait a bit. We did the 5pm show, too. If I'm not mistaken, my parents got to the dock around 3:45...just in case they had to wait a while. They arrived around 4:15ish (we were already at FW...took a bus from EP) Not sure if you have done HDDR or not, but they start checking in at 4:30. The boat ride back is what took forever!!! Everyone was trying to get back like us...we waited and waited and waited! The boat was packed!!!!

You will have such a great time at the CR! Enjoy your trip without the kids!
Heather

Aww, love the throw-back theme...will def be on the hunt this fall!! Thanks for posting. :goodvibes

You're welcome, Lehuaann. I'm going to look for them, too next month. I'll report back on what they have.

Oh my gosh, I love these depictions - not my usual taste, but heck it's a Disney celebration.;) It is odd the artist put the family in Discovery Island...I agree he had to be thinking of River Country...guess it shows how little he knows about WDW past. :confused3

Wish I'd taken more pics on our Discovery Island and River Country visits (I did almost drown at RC - seriously!). In '81 (or was it '82?) on our first trip, it was the beginning of multi-day tkts - only one park still, but it would be 3 days in the MK and on the back one day each at Discovery Island & River Country. The tkts were stamped - as was a hand to return to the park later in the day. Disney provide a large safety pin as they tkts had string so a guest could attach the tkt to clothing. Gee, those were the days.

Does anyone know if officially the celebration begins in October and ends the following October as in previous birthday/anniversary celebrations?

Thanks!:flower3:

Good question and that's what I would assume, too. They just can't wait to get that merchandise out, can they?

I'm glad you didn't drown at RC:goodvibes. It's so sad to look at RC now either on YouTube or in person when you're on a boat or Sea Raycer.

Disney actually filed a permit with Orange County with the location of RC which created speculation that a DVC would be built where RC is. They're starting on the GF Villa soon, so this may remain a rumor for a while longer.
Those look very interesting and thanks for posting them.

You're welcome. I wonder if they'll expand to selling them at the resorts, too:confused3. The CR desperately needs any kind of resort branded merchandise.

You're welcome. I wonder if they'll expand to selling them at the resorts, too:confused3. The CR desperately needs any kind of resort branded merchandise.
I would say that's true when it comes to most of the resorts, although the only ones which still had resort branded merchandise was the Polynesian and Grand Floridian.

I would say that's true when it comes to most of the resorts, although the only ones which still had resort branded merchandise was the Polynesian and Grand Floridian.

I found it sad when Disney discontinued Resort specific merchandise - although some it did get pretty tacky over the years. Back in the mid to late '80's the CR had some very cute kids T shirts and sweatshirt, with aving and Mickey driving a monorail, going through CR. :)

We were at SS last week and they still had resort merchandise. DH got a new hat. It was marked down though.

also, when we visited Wilderness Lodge, they still had some resort merchandise. I don't remember if it was discounted.

Good Morning CR fans!

I was up bright and early this morning (as usual) :surfweb: and started looking at our recent CR pictures on the computer....can I just tell yall how :sad2: sad I was!!! Good grief! So wishing I was sitting on our balcony watching the sun come up across Bay Lake...nothing like it!...of course I would most definitely have to have my morning cup of coffee IN the Disney mug...that would make the experience complete.

Happy planning and safe travels to all of you with upcoming trips to the World!! I'm jealous:rolleyes1

Heather

Good Morning CR fans!

I was up bright and early this morning (as usual) :surfweb: and started looking at our recent CR pictures on the computer....can I just tell yall how :sad2: sad I was!!! Good grief! So wishing I was sitting on our balcony watching the sun come up across Bay Lake...nothing like it!...of course I would most definitely have to have my morning cup of coffee IN the Disney mug...that would make the experience complete.

Happy planning and safe travels to all of you with upcoming trips to the World!! I'm jealous:rolleyes1

Heather
I think at some point after arriving home from WDW we all seem to think like you did. Part of the reason is we spend so much time planning and waiting to go away, because then before you know it your vacation is over and it's time to go home.

Woo hoo! :banana::banana: Can't believe I will be back to my second home in just 4 days!! Can't wait for the fireworks on the 4th from our mk view balcony!!!

Anyway, has anybody stayed club level lately? I am wondering if they still give you small bottles of water to take with you to the park? Last year they did.

In January we stayed CL at the Beachclub, and all they had were the large glass bottles of Evian, which were ok to take to the room but not to lug to the parks.

Just need to know if I need to stop and pick up a case of water on the way there.

Thanks for the info!

Fly :hippie:

Woo hoo! :banana::banana: Can't believe I will be back to my second home in just 4 days!! Can't wait for the fireworks on the 4th from our mk view balcony!!!

Anyway, has anybody stayed club level lately? I am wondering if they still give you small bottles of water to take with you to the park? Last year they did.

In January we stayed CL at the Beachclub, and all they had were the large glass bottles of Evian, which were ok to take to the room but not to lug to the parks.

Just need to know if I need to stop and pick up a case of water on the way there.

Thanks for the info!

Fly :hippie:
Sometimes the mini bottles of Dasani were in the fridge located in the Atrium Club lounge. However there have been times when they weren't, so we asked one of the Club Level Cast Members for a couple of bottles and they got some from the fridge in the storage area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter