• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to be at least 5 or 10 minutes early for ADRs as that seems to put you at a table closer to your actual ADR time. Given that, I would head to the monorail from your room at 7:15.

Have a great first trip!
I would actually try to be at the Resort Monorail for 7:00 AM because I have noticed that sometimes when you take that one or the Epcot Monorail very early in the mornings, sometimes they just sit there at the stations for a long period of time. However there was nothing wrong it or other Monorails because no announcements were made.

I would actually try to be at the Resort Monorail for 7:00 AM because I have noticed that sometimes when you take that one or the Epcot Monorail very early in the mornings, sometimes they just sit there at the stations for a long period of time. However there was nothing wrong it or other Monorails because no announcements were made.
I thought the OP meant 8:15 PM since the only restaurant with an 0815 ADR at Epcot would be Akershus.

Sorry - it's AM and Akershus!

If Epcot opens at 9:00, what time would the monorail start running?
When they open at 9:00 AM the Epcot Monorail should start at 7:30 AM. So if you get on the 7:00 AM Resort Monorail from the Contemporary, you will be at the TTC well before 7:30 AM.

No, you can call and book a room now for January 2011...they will charge you one night at the 2010 highest rate then adjust it once the new rates come out sometime in August. We have already booked our room for January 2011.

Did you book a standard garden view room??

Our first CR stay is getting closer!!!! :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

Two questions:

1. Does CR have the motion-sensing thermostats? I do NOT want to wake up hot at night - I do that anyway! We're staying in the tower, if that matters.

2. Is there a blow dryer in the room? I can't seem to find that out, even after poring over room pics.

Thanks!

We didn't have any trouble with the thermostat--it stayed comfy all night. And there are blow dryers on the shelf under the sink.

Quick question....getting ready to book the surprise mother/daughter trip for my mom's birthday next year and currently i can only really afford a garden wing room. Is the decor and everything still the same in the garden wing as the tower rooms, just a little bit more of a hike? TIA!

Quick question....getting ready to book the surprise mother/daughter trip for my mom's birthday next year and currently i can only really afford a garden wing room. Is the decor and everything still the same in the garden wing as the tower rooms, just a little bit more of a hike? TIA!
Quick answer - YES! The rooms are identical. However, the first floor rooms have a patio and the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms don't have a balcony.

What a wonderful surprise for your mom!

And I will say that everyone says tower is the best(idk--never stayed there), but it's not very far to the GW, it's closer to the pool, has great views of the pool or the lake (if you get garden view) and it's Quiet--something very important to me. We even had the dreaded 2nd floor, which in July was no issue at all. We probably wouldn't have sat outside much, but had a great view of the gardens and the canal between Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon.

Just did online check in for the first time. We'll see how this goes. We really dont want to have to wait around when we arrive after driving all night. 1 week to go. will try and post while there. :)

Just back from BLT and loved it! It's my new preference.:love: I loved being close to the fireworks and the water pageant. The view was much better than the Poly's IMO. I loved having 2 showers and a tub and a washer/dryer in the room! We had our request granted upon check-in and I was very pleased with the Contemporary's ammenities as well! I hope to stay there again next year! Any questions, feel free to ask.:hippie:

Just back from BLT and loved it! It's my new preference.:love: I loved being close to the fireworks and the water pageant. The view was much better than the Poly's IMO. I loved having 2 showers and a tub and a washer/dryer in the room! We had our request granted upon check-in and I was very pleased with the Contemporary's ammenities as well! I hope to stay there again next year! Any questions, feel free to ask.:hippie:

I just changed my ressie yesterday to add my 17 yr old dd and her 17yo two friends (originally it was just me and DH for our 25th) so I opted for the BLT 1 bedroom. Do you think it is roomy enough for 5? Was it a long walk to the CR for the monorail? Were you able to go to the Top of the WOrld? Do I check in the CR or is their a seperate check in at the BLT? Anything else you think I might need to know - thanks in advance?

So glad you loved your new "home". We had reservations in a 1-bedroom at BLT, but had to change them when DH received deployment orders. We hope to try it out in '11.

Thanks for posting your review:)

I just changed my ressie yesterday to add my 17 yr old dd and her 17yo two friends (originally it was just me and DH for our 25th) so I opted for the BLT 1 bedroom. Do you think it is roomy enough for 5? Was it a long walk to the CR for the monorail? Were you able to go to the Top of the WOrld? Do I check in the CR or is their a seperate check in at the BLT? Anything else you think I might need to know - thanks in advance?

Well, the two 17-year-olds will have to sleep together in the pull-out sofa in the living room.

The walk to the monorail will depend on where you're located within BLT. Here is a link to a thread that shows all the BLT room locations to help you make your request:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

The TWL is only available to DVC members staying on points and DVC guests staying on points whose reservations have been made by the DVC member. Speculation was that this may change when the powers that be decide they need to generate more revenue in the lounge.

BLT does not have its own check-in, it is shared with the CR so you will check-in there first.

crcurton can probably help you with anything else you might need to know:).

Have a great vacation at BLT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter