The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there bathrooms near the laundry room? Maybe out in the pool area? We are here now doing laundry and asked a maid if there was one nearby, and all we received was a curt no.
Thanks.

Otherwise, our stay here has been great. The view from the tower MK view is wonderful. This is our first time here, but it will definately not be our last.

Are there bathrooms near the laundry room? Maybe out in the pool area? We are here now doing laundry and asked a maid if there was one nearby, and all we received was a curt no.
Thanks.

Otherwise, our stay here has been great. The view from the tower MK view is wonderful. This is our first time here, but it will definately not be our last.
Yes, next to the pool is a bathroom. Keep in mind that the dryers take a loooooong time to dry, so don't overfill them and be prepared to add more time.

Good luck and have a great stay!

Yes, next to the pool is a bathroom. Keep in mind that the dryers take a loooooong time to dry, so don't overfill them and be prepared to add more time.

Thanks for the info, especially the dryer situation. We had 3 loads, 2 were dry and the 3rd we had to pay $2 more. I think that something might be wrong with it because the loads were all about the same size.

Thanks.

WDWKOOK is correct about the bathrooms near the pool, but that's not where the laundry room is. It's on the second floor of the Garden Wing building. I don't recall seeing any restrooms near the laundry, but I wasn't looking so....

I see check-out time is 11:00 - is it possible to request a late check-out? If so, for what time?
From what I have read when someone requests a late check-out they would have until 1:00 PM, however getting it depends on how many guests are checking in the next day. So if they are a lot of guests checking in the day you leave chances are you might not get a late check-out because the Housekeepers will want to clean the rooms of the check-out guests as soon as possible.

From what I have read when someone requests a late check-out they would have until 1:00 PM, however getting it depends on how many guests are checking in the next day. So if they are a lot of guests checking in the day you leave chances are you might not get a late check-out because the Housekeepers will want to clean the rooms of the check-out guests as soon as possible.

Thanks! I'll just ask to see if it's possible. I think I would only need until noon - 11 might just cut it too tight for us with our breakfast that morning. I'll ask nicely - all that can happen is they say no. :goodvibes Thanks for the help!

Thanks! I'll just ask to see if it's possible. I think I would only need until noon - 11 might just cut it too tight for us with our breakfast that morning. I'll ask nicely - all that can happen is they say no. :goodvibes Thanks for the help!
You're welcome and I believe you need to request this the day before you check-out however I am not 100% sure, so either someone will confirm that or it's best to ask when you arrive to be on the safe side. Also I think you need to request this with the Housekeeping department however once again I am not 100% sure, so once again hopefully someone will confirm that or it's best to ask when you arrive to be on the safe side.

This will be our first time here.. In the mornings for breakfast,is it possible for my husband or I to go down to Contempo Cafe and bring breakfast up to the room for us and our two small kids. I didn't know if this was allowed or even worth it.

This will be our first time here.. In the mornings for breakfast,is it possible for my husband or I to go down to Contempo Cafe and bring breakfast up to the room for us and our two small kids. I didn't know if this was allowed or even worth it.

I saw a lot of people doing this when we were there in April. It looked like a plastic cover could be placed on the paper plates to take up to the room (or wherever, I suppose.) They have plastic utensils, napkins, etc. you can take with you, as well.

Lots of people do it, it's definately allowed. We had the DxDDP so we had ADRs for most breakfasts but we had burgers one night and thought it was great. :thumbsup2

Just thought I'd pop into this thread and say hey! :goodvibes

Why? Because we just upgraded from CBR to CR for our Aug 15 - 22nd trip!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I never thought I would get to stay deluxe, and I'm SO excited! :goodvibes The 40% deal was just too good to pass up.

I booked Tower Bay Lake View...do you think the extra money was worth it? The Garden Wing doesn't appeal to me at all, I REALLY like the idea of staying in the Tower....but now I'm wondering if I should save my dough and stay with Garden Wing??

Either way, PSYCHED about being able to post here! AH! :yay:

The only difference between the wing and the tower is location. The rooms are the same size and decor. It is possible to request a Bay Lake View in the wing, both those rooms are the furthest from the tower. We stayed in the wing last year and liked it alot. It was quiet and easy access to the tower. We are trying the tower this time, but with a MK View. The view is more important to us than the location (unfortunately the only way to get a MK View at the CR is to stay in the tower)

Good luck with your decision! :wizard:

Why? Because we just upgraded from CBR to CR for our Aug 15 - 22nd trip!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I never thought I would get to stay deluxe, and I'm SO excited! :goodvibes The 40% deal was just too good to pass up.

I booked Tower Bay Lake View...do you think the extra money was worth it? The Garden Wing doesn't appeal to me at all, I REALLY like the idea of staying in the Tower....but now I'm wondering if I should save my dough and stay with Garden Wing??

Personally, I think it is way worth it to stay in the tower. We are also doing a Bay Lake view this summer. The nice thing is, in the tower, you just have to go to the 4th floor for CS breakfast, coffee, snacks, drinks etc. When you get off the monorail, it is just an elevator ride to your room. It is not that the wing is "far", it is just a little less convenient (except to the pool).
Since you have the 40% off this is a great opportunity to stay in the tower. At least that is my justification!!

We are going to Disney at the end of June to the beginning of July and we are staying at the Contemporary again.:woohoo:

Last time we stayed at the Contemporary we had a great time at the hotel. We loved how convenient it was and how great the staff was. I think our favorite part about the Contemporary was the room we had. It had to be one of the best rooms. It had a view of Bay Lake and in the distance you can see MG(Mnow Disney Studios), Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT. We were also right by the fire escape so when it was time for Wishes we would go out and see Wishes perfectly and can here the music from the observing floor. It was amazing.

We are hoping to ask to have the room reserved for when we go, but there is one really big problem. We don't know the room number!!!!!:eek:

All we can remember is that it is on the ninth floor, on the bay lake side, is one room away from the fire escape, and was on the other side of Chef Mickey(we were by a gift shop).

If anybody has any idea what the room number might be, or even if you have a floor plan we could look at, that would be great.:thumbsup2

Yes you are allowed to do that and it's something a lot of guests have done before.

I think it was worth the extra money and I hope you have a great time. Also since I will be there from Aug 10 - 20, maybe I will see you around there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter