The Agony Of Ding!!!!!!!

MollyBelle

OMG! Now I have to go back AGAIN!!!
I've watched and waiting for days and weeks to get a Louisville to Orlando DING for October 1rst...this morning I got the sound of the ding, and clicked IMMEDIATELY on the site, and went to book, as the fares were $37!!!

ALLLLLL flights were gone. No availability whatsoever for any of the flights. I even changed the departure and return dates and still no luck.

AND THIS WAS ALL IN THE SPAN OF LESS THAN TWO MINUTES!!!!

*&%$@!!

I am sooooo disappointed over this...I know I won't see it again! I called the 800 number and they said that it could be travel agents, etc., and it's not likely to show up again...

Has anyone ever had this happen? Daggone it!

MHT

MollyBelle said:
I've watched and waiting for days and weeks to get a Louisville to Orlando DING for October 1rst...this morning I got the sound of the ding, and clicked IMMEDIATELY on the site, and went to book, as the fares were $37!!!

ALLLLLL flights were gone. No availability whatsoever for any of the flights. I even changed the departure and return dates and still no luck.

AND THIS WAS ALL IN THE SPAN OF LESS THAN TWO MINUTES!!!!

*&%$@!!

I am sooooo disappointed over this...I know I won't see it again! I called the 800 number and they said that it could be travel agents, etc., and it's not likely to show up again...

Has anyone ever had this happen? Daggone it!

MHT

early October cheap flights out of Louisville on SWA filled up several weeks ago. Believe me, I know, LOL....I have been watching that fare for MONTHS.

Good luck!

Oh, I am late on the draw! Even worse!

Oh well, I guess we'll be driving at GOSH KNOWS WHAT per gallon...blechh!

Are you in Augusta? I just read Rosemary Clooney's biography! Interesting...I have family in Maysville!

MHT :flower:

DING! fares are only available on certain flights on certain days. The October fares have been out for a while ––*including several DING! fares from SDF (even my original dates of Oct. 4-9 were filled about 6 weeks ago at the rare DING! fares). It is frustrating, though, as we seem to get nothing but flights to Ontario and Omaha from SDF!

Sometimes a Ding! fare shows up as "unavailable" if you're buying for more than one person... but put in just "1" person as traveling and sometimes it comes back up as available. I did that this morning... I wanted to buy 2 tickets at the ding! price of $37 each... but the flight was "unavailable," so I put just 1 person in and got it... then put 1 more person in and bought a 2nd one. Somewhat of a pain, but it's a little trick that worked for me. :)

MollyBelle said:
Oh, I am late on the draw! Even worse!

Oh well, I guess we'll be driving at GOSH KNOWS WHAT per gallon...blechh!

Are you in Augusta? I just read Rosemary Clooney's biography! Interesting...I have family in Maysville!

MHT :flower:

I was born and raised in Maysville....:)

LittleDino said:
Sometimes a Ding! fare shows up as "unavailable" if you're buying for more than one person... but put in just "1" person as traveling and sometimes it comes back up as available. I did that this morning... I wanted to buy 2 tickets at the ding! price of $37 each... but the flight was "unavailable," so I put just 1 person in and got it... then put 1 more person in and bought a 2nd one. Somewhat of a pain, but it's a little trick that worked for me. :)

oooh....what happens if I get to the last person and there's no more fare? ack. I'm not sure I could chance that....

madge said:
oooh....what happens if I get to the last person and there's no more fare? ack. I'm not sure I could chance that....

I don't know what their deal was today.. but I bought separate tickets for my husband and I... then suddenly it allowed me to buy two more tickets together for my sister and brother-in-law, and then 4 more tickets together for my parents and 2 more sisters. I was afraid of the last person not getting in, but it seemed like the more I bought, the more they opened up. Weird - but it worked. ;)

Also to play it safe, I had already had these flights purchased, I was just reserving the ding price, then canceling the previous reservations. It all worked out well. But you're right.. there is a slight risk.

...DANG! I love that -- I think I will call it that from now on too!!

I just tested the "one at a time" theory...still didn't work for me, but I wanted October 1rst and I guess that is a freakishly popular date to leave...ha.

Oh well, wasn't meant to be!

MADGE, that is cool about Maysville! My dad used to live in Aberdeen!

MHT

I don't even remember to turn the volume up on my computer speakers each morning! I'm a total DING-bat! :blush:

LittleDino said:
I don't know what their deal was today.. but I bought separate tickets for my husband and I... then suddenly it allowed me to buy two more tickets together for my sister and brother-in-law, and then 4 more tickets together for my parents and 2 more sisters. I was afraid of the last person not getting in, but it seemed like the more I bought, the more they opened up. Weird - but it worked. ;)

Also to play it safe, I had already had these flights purchased, I was just reserving the ding price, then canceling the previous reservations. It all worked out well. But you're right.. there is a slight risk.

well, I tried booking one at a time...but there are no discounts of any kind on Saturday, October 1 :rolleyes:

I'm happy with the fare I have out of Nashville, but it sure would have been nice to fly out of SDF.

Have you considered flying out of Indianapolis??? They had a ding yesterday for about $66 R/T......just a thought.

I bought mine a couple of months ago for $82.11

littlestix said:
Have you considered flying out of Indianapolis??? They had a ding yesterday for about $66 R/T......just a thought.

I bought mine a couple of months ago for $82.11

I think the OP is from central Kentucky....that's quite a drive to Indianapolis.

My daughter and I got together (her on one phone and computer me on another) and were able to get 7 tickets from SDF for total of 45.30 each to Orlando, one way. Getting home was not as easy.Orlando to Louisville, we got 3 for 55.50 each, 3 for 107.90 each and the last cost 140.90. Total for 7 people to Orlando from Louisville roundtrip was $948.20. I feel very lucky. No one got left behind. Our trip is in November. We've never seen Disney decorated for Christmas. We are all so excited! :cheer2: :bounce: :banana: :rotfl2: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :rotfl:

On the Dings fare list it will say fares good through December....however when I try to book in Dec.the pulldown menu on the reservations page only shows 4-5 days.
What am I missing or doing wrong? :confused3
DG

Tell me about missing one....I have been watching for great fares from either Chicago or Indy forever but yesterday one of my kids was sick...strep throat so I didn't catch the great dings yesterday from BOTH Chicago and Indy to Orlando. Oh well I guess we are driving this time.

I have been "DING"ed more times than I care to think about and the results are always the same: The flights out of Portland (OR), stink! About the only specials they run for us are to Boise or Spokane. Aaargh!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter