The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Glad you enjoyed them!!! As for the water-proof screen, just keep a towel handy!! lol :rotfl2:

Towels work. I suppose licking the screen would be counter-productive, eh?

We went to Wooden Shoe Tulip farm on Sunday. My first time going there. I love tulips. However, my youngest talked me into going on the cow train. Not a good idea. I would not recommend it. I couldn't believe how packed it was there. Loved your pictures.

Hope you are having a good week back at school.

The cow train?! I didn't see that, but what a fun photo op! Does it moo? Yeah, they really scored with the flowers being early and coinciding with Spring Breaks- what a killer income they are pulling.

First week back is always nuts. The schedule is topsy turvy and we're all still trying to figure out where to be when. But this first exam is completely OB, Labor and Delivery, Pre-eclampsia, Diabetes in Pregnancy, etc...

Beer is gross. Do they have wine??

How dare you say such a thing about beer!!! :mad: Please go to your room, take out some paper and a pencil and write 100 times "I will NEVER say anything bad about beer again." There.....I feel better already!!! :teeth:

How dare you say such a thing about beer!!! :mad: Please go to your room, take out some paper and a pencil and write 100 times "I will NEVER say anything bad about beer again." There.....I feel better already!!! :teeth:

Ok, I will allow beer in 2 items just to placate you: 1) In cheese fondue and 2) in beer bread.

Also, I hear there is hope. I have a friend who also despised beer until about a year ago (she's 40) and after trying a hef now loves it. Honestly, if I could get it past my nose, I would be willing to try it.

And to make you feel even mo' bettah: "I will NEVER say anything bad about beer again today." ;)

Yeah, especially after it just came back from the shop. Who knows what vileness is on it.

Q is for: Quick Little Update

Before this term gets ramped up to warp speed, I wanted to add a couple of sweet reminders of what it's all about. The pursuit of leaving the cares and worries of regular everyday life behind; hopes and dreams are born and come alive, and the making of all manner of memories is the business at hand for young and old. No, one is never too old. While we are "there", people all over this beautiful planet are suffering and dying, but for a few days, that all too quickly pass, one can let the stress of their hurts and worry go and their busy-ness and drama melt away. Imaginations of other places where anyone can create stories to take home and talk about for years to come, where the music is happy, the food is made by someone else, where pools are warm, and characters always have smiles on their faces... those are the products we pursue and come back for over and over.

The last time I got to be in this Happy Place, my friends and I made little visual reminders to see every day of our trip exactly the reasons we had come. Each morning, we'd wake up and look at our "Dream Wreath" and recall what was important to each of us, what it was we were hoping to go home with. Some were deep, some were easily achievable, and some could really never be bought.

DSCN9955.jpg

I hope your week is going well! My first exam is already on Tuesday- the first of our 5 regular exams. It always amazes me how quickly this whole nursing school thing is going, and has gone. In just a few short weeks (12 or so) I'll be a licensed LPN, eligible to work in a hospital, long term care setting, medical clinic, or someone's home. It is EXCITING!!!!

Before I leave you, I want to introduce, Mr. Tate O'Patty. Many of you already know him well and the trouble he can get into. He informed me a few weeks ago that he would also like to get a taste of Nursing School; I'm already a bit afraid of just what may happen. He has been known in fact, to comandeer my threads. I will try to control him, but he is rather unpredictable, so I make zero promises.

Last edited:
Mr Tate!! I am really looking forward to hear from him again!

I loved the idea of your wish wreath from your last trip! And loved reading the different wishes in your picture. If the finding 5 Hidden Mickeys in one day wish was one of yours, I can recommend you try to get that done on a day when you meet Marv as he can be very helpful with Hidden Mickeys!

Good luck with your test!! Do you get any time off over Easter?

The last time I got to be in this Happy Place, my friends and I made little visual reminders to see every day of our trip exactly the reasons we had come. Each morning, we'd wake up and look at our "Dream Wreath" and recall what was important to each of us, what it was we were hoping to go home with. Some were deep, some were easily achievable, and some could really never be bought.
That's a really cool idea!

I hope your week is going well! My first exam is already on Tuesday- the first of our 5 regular exams. It always amazes me how quickly this whole nursing school thing is going, and has gone. In just a few short weeks (12 or so) I'll be a licensed LPN, eligible to work in a hospital, long term care setting, medical clinic, or someone's home. It is EXCITING!!!!
Congratulations on getting this far and good luck with the rest of it!!!

And to make you feel even mo' bettah: "I will NEVER say anything bad about beer again today." ;)

I guess that's the best it's gonna get!

Seriously, with all the microbreweries in Oregon you should stop at one and try a beer flight where they usually sell you 4-5 types of beer of your choice in 4 oz. glasses. See if you can find a style of beer you like. Most of the craft brews taste nothing like the normal Miller, Bud or Coors most folks usually drink. Try a pale ale, stout, IPA, brown and a wheat beer. These folks brew their own beer and most do a fantastic job!

Just don't do this the day before one of your tests!

I briefly clicked on the TR links for him? her? Please a NAME?!! I am on WAY too many to keep up as it is. But I saw "intriguing" writing- which always draws me in. Do I dare?? Of course, I'm always looking for new readers too.... ;)

Well, when you put it that way.
Just quickly blasted through your chapters (friendly FYI, a few of your chapter links are broken)
and....

a DIS TR is about a lot more than just reading about someone's adventures. It's about forming friendships

You got me right there.
I couldn't agree more.

Just for fun, I'll leave you with this:

So I assume you robbed a bank, right?
No?

Tell me I have misplaced priorities if you want, but yes, I'm obsessing over getting myself to Mickey's Halloween Party

Nope. MNSSHP is the best thing since.... well nothing comes close... it's just the best thing.

Fair warning to you though, I'm not big into PTRs.
I'll keep up, but I won't comment as much as I usually do.
I reserve that for the TR.

(Oh, settle down Andy.)

We are back form Phoenix and work has been a nightmare since I got back. I'm slowly making it around the DIS. I can't comment on everything, but I love the tulips--amazing photos, we LOVE Food & Wine (we had no intention of going back to Disney this year at all and then we met Food & Wine), and welcome to Mr. Tate O'Patty...remember him well.

Mr Tate!! I am really looking forward to hear from him again!

I loved the idea of your wish wreath from your last trip! And loved reading the different wishes in your picture. If the finding 5 Hidden Mickeys in one day wish was one of yours, I can recommend you try to get that done on a day when you meet Marv as he can be very helpful with Hidden Mickeys!

Good luck with your test!! Do you get any time off over Easter?

Tate is working on finding some proper nursing attire to wear during his Clinical time. He sadly, was having a hard time ordering it without a working laptop over break. So hopefully soon he can have what he needs to shadow my work.

Yep, finding the HMs was my idea. I'm rather obsessed with them because it gives my ADD mind something to be doing during the down times and something out of the ordinary to look for. I didn't know Marv was into that! Maybe we can have a challenge game. I do have the book- I'm just *that* kind of nerdy.

Sadly, no. No time off for Easter. In fact, tomorrow is Good Friday and I have a 5 1/2 hour Clinical Orientation at the hospital. I will study all day Saturday with my Groupies, have a nice dinner Sunday the whole family, Lab on Monday where I will learn all about suctioning all manner of gunk out of respiratory systems, then an exam on Tuesday. :crazy2::faint:

That's a really cool idea!

Congratulations on getting this far and good luck with the rest of it!!!

Hey Andy, glad you're still around. Sorry, it's been slow around here for a spell. Catching up as I can...

thanks! It was a fun project to do while I counted down.

And thanks again. I am doing my very best to make it through without going insane.

I guess that's the best it's gonna get!

Seriously, with all the microbreweries in Oregon you should stop at one and try a beer flight where they usually sell you 4-5 types of beer of your choice in 4 oz. glasses. See if you can find a style of beer you like. Most of the craft brews taste nothing like the normal Miller, Bud or Coors most folks usually drink. Try a pale ale, stout, IPA, brown and a wheat beer. These folks brew their own beer and most do a fantastic job!

Just don't do this the day before one of your tests!

I know... Mike always tries to get me to try his Hefs or Goldens, and I do try a sip here and there when we're at McMenamins or the Tap Room. But it's all just so darned bitter. I don't know if it's the hops or malt or ?? that I just can't get past. In college, 400 million years ago, beer tasted ok after 3 or 4 cocktails, but I just can't do that anymore. :faint: On the other hand, there is a new "Spring" of spirit distilleries that I'd be interested in doing some tastings with. I've heard the brandies in our area are fantastic. Of course, I wouldn't do that the day before one of my exams either. :scratchin:laughing:

Well, when you put it that way.
Just quickly blasted through your chapters (friendly FYI, a few of your chapter links are broken)
and....

I *KNEW* that was gonna happen when they did the switch over. I KNEW IT! Dang it! Well, crap, now I have to go back through the whole darned thing, find all my chapters and link them all over again. I honestly do NOT have time for that, but am "just a little" OCD and kinda anal about my threads working. Sooo... now instead of writing out notes about Postpartum Complications, I will fix my dumb links.

Andy, was it you who tutored me in creating links? I'm not sure it's working. I'm typing my text, formatting the way I want it (which isn't even working now- the color never changes), highlighting it, then a little window pops up and I paste in the link. Does this sound right? What am I doing wrong?

You got me right there.
I couldn't agree more.

I have some VERY VERY good friends here that I call fairly regularly and even visit. (Hi @eandesmom), text, etc... Our love of Disney is really only a starting point. Heck, I've even gone on a trip with someone I'd never met!!!

So I assume you robbed a bank, right?
No?

Yes, I robbed a bank, and THEN went to observe a surgery. How fun is that?!

Nope. MNSSHP is the best thing since.... well nothing comes close... it's just the best thing.

Man, you just got me pretty pumped up all over again. I want to see eerie fog around the HM, and sychronized shovel routines. WOOT!

Fair warning to you though, I'm not big into PTRs.
I'll keep up, but I won't comment as much as I usually do.
I reserve that for the TR.

Then heed my own fair warning... I am a nursing student and basically have no life. I may comment here or there, hardly EVER have time for multi-quoting like the rest of your besties, and may or may not show up for days or even weeks at a time.

And, you will have a GREAT TR coming up in Nov, 2016. Yeah, yeah, a long time away, but think of the lead up to it! I know your as excited as I am. (Ok, that's not even possible, but it sounded good.)

Last edited:
We are back form Phoenix and work has been a nightmare since I got back. I'm slowly making it around the DIS. I can't comment on everything, but I love the tulips--amazing photos, we LOVE Food & Wine (we had no intention of going back to Disney this year at all and then we met Food & Wine), and welcome to Mr. Tate O'Patty...remember him well.

Welcome back, Kathy!! I loved your photos on FB; looked like you had a GREAT time! I love Arizona as my Alma Mater is there! Go Lumberjacks!

I have only made it to a few threads after I got my laptop back and since school started back up, I am only going to get busier. I'll get to yours just as soon as I can. Tonight's work is answering a couple e-mails, finishing the study on a chapter, and working on our Pinning Ceremony.

Well, crap, now I have to go back through the whole darned thing, find all my chapters and link them all over again.

No, no, no.
Not all of them.
ummm... if memory serves (and it really doesn't) I think maybe it was just the last three and I think the 5th last one?

Yes, I robbed a bank, and THEN went to observe a surgery. How fun is that?!

Very.

Man, you just got me pretty pumped up all over again. I want to see eerie fog around the HM, and sychronized shovel routines. WOOT!

I have a story about the fog around HM and the ghostly lady who sits out front if you'd care to hear it.

Then heed my own fair warning... I am a nursing student and basically have no life. I may comment here or there, hardly EVER have time for multi-quoting like the rest of your besties, and may or may not show up for days or even weeks at a time.

And, you will have a GREAT TR coming up in Nov, 2016. Yeah, yeah, a long time away, but think of the lead up to it! I know your as excited as I am. (Ok, that's not even possible, but it sounded good.)

Duly noted. And you did a perfect job of multi quoting.

No, no, no.
Not all of them.
ummm... if memory serves (and it really doesn't) I think maybe it was just the last three and I think the 5th last one?

Thanks for the heads up!! I appreciate it. And the chance to sit for an hour, hunt down all the chapters gone missing, and re-link them. That sucked. A lot of time that is. But it does make me feel better that for those who actually want to read this drivel (sp?) can certainly have an easier time of it now :bored::surfweb:

I have a story about the fog around HM and the ghostly lady who sits out front if you'd care to hear it.

You do realize you have to dish now, right?

Duly noted. And you did a perfect job of multi quoting.

It's not that I can't (although it took me just short of forever to learn on the new system), it's just that somehow outlining chapters trumps fancy posting nowadays. My time is coming when more folks can be harassed.... Summer break is surely just around the corner, but for now I'm rather enjoying the challenge of keeping my 4.0. :thumbsup2

Liesa, the new way linking to the thread works is via the thread title, so it seems that if you change your title when you update, the links break. I stopped linking and just put the page number in the table of content.

Thanks for the heads up!! I appreciate it. And the chance to sit for an hour, hunt down all the chapters gone missing, and re-link them.

Happy to be of service.
And all these years my mom's always told me I was good for nothing and here I've gone and done something!

You do realize you have to dish now, right?

It's not that great a story, but it was memorable for me anyway.

When my family (Me, DW, DD12 and DD8.... which incidentally should clue you in as to whether I'm a guy or a gal... no I didn't miss that post :laughing:) went down in 2009, I made sure the girls had costumes to wear. Where's the fun in going trick or treating if you don't wear a costume? (And, no. You don't need to if you don't want to... or you can and be as simple (logo T-shirt) or as elaborate (full costume) as you want.)
DD8 was big into Spiderman then and wore a "Spiderella" costume from the local cheap Halloween costume place. DD12 went more elaborate. I bought her a dress, we actually rented the hat and transformed her into Scarlett from Gone With the Wind. Strangers would run up to her and tell her how much they loved the movie! :laughing:
My DW is not a big Disney fan... sorry if I've shocked you, but there it is. She's also not a big Halloween fan while I happen to be one of the world's biggest. Well, at least in my little world. ;)
I didn't tell anyone, but I dressed up as one of the ghosts from HM (because, well... why wouldn't you?)
We were out and about, passing by HM when we spotted Lady Renata lounging on her settee.
She spots me and immediately waves and calls out "Hellooooo! So nice to see you again!"
I of course call back "And so nice to see you again too!"
Lady Renata: "And how is cousin Albert? I haven't seen him for such a long time!"

I don't remember how exactly the conversation went after that, but it went on for some time as we exchanged pleasantries about all our dead relatives and those we were waiting to see who were still alive but dying to catch up with.

It was just such a fun moment. Pure Disney HM magic.

But what made it even more fun, was when DD8 tugged on my sleeve.
"Daddy? Who was that lady? Do you know her?"
She didn't quite understand that it was all a big act.
Well.... at least on my part. She may very well have been a slightly confused ghost.
After all.... it was Halloween...

I *KNEW* that was gonna happen when they did the switch over. I KNEW IT! Dang it! Well, crap, now I have to go back through the whole darned thing, find all my chapters and link them all over again. I honestly do NOT have time for that, but am "just a little" OCD and kinda anal about my threads working. Sooo... now instead of writing out notes about Postpartum Complications, I will fix my dumb links.

Andy, was it you who tutored me in creating links? I'm not sure it's working. I'm typing my text, formatting the way I want it (which isn't even working now- the color never changes), highlighting it, then a little window pops up and I paste in the link. Does this sound right? What am I doing wrong?

I have some VERY VERY good friends here that I call fairly regularly and even visit. (Hi @eandesmom), text, etc... Our love of Disney is really only a starting point. Heck, I've even gone on a trip with someone I'd never met!!!

Your very lame formerly 2D now 3D (as Alison would put it) in real life friend is hideously behind.

As to the links (and I'd tag Magdalene except for someone who is rather tech savvy I don't know how to do that) here is the deal as I understand it.

Bear in mind this is only through personal testing, not any tech board on the DIS.

Changing the title should not break your links. I wonder if it is because your links are hand typed? What I do, and has seemed to stay intact is as follows: And I apologize if all these show as links instead of embedded in the actual update, it seems to be inconsistent how copy/paste on an image actually works...I've been sticking to links as a result as it is easier and more consistent.

Right click on the ULR in your main browser window

upload_2015-4-3_6-44-10.png

then type your text that you want to link to, like "link", then click on the paperclip

upload_2015-4-3_6-45-33.png

paste the copied URL into there. Which may be what you are doing and it's only the words you were hand typing, not the link, dunnno.

upload_2015-4-3_6-46-29.png

"link"

What has happened, I think, is that it is now a dynamic link. Meaning that if you've copied it in, once you change your title, the links actually auto update. Mine are all working here and they have worked each time I've changed the title (fingers crossed that stays). I think you break the code if you try to adjust it manually and you shouldn't need to re-copy/paste.

As for the formatting...big beef of mine. Here is what I have found so far. For whatever reason the new HTML editor decides to format chunks of text independently, versus a whole block, when you highlight and add your color, font or size. No clue why. If things don't look like you want, the only way I can see to fix it (and the easiest way to multi quote within a post these days) is to use the HTML editor instead of the rich text to clean up formatting and then view it in the rich text. It also makes it WAY easier to delete pictures when replying than in the rich text. Biggest drawback there is you lose your toolbar. When I reply I will generally remove all formatting using the remove formatting button first, before I do anything and it helps keep things from getting wonky. I've been known to use it on my own posts as well if the editor starts doing crazy things.

Those buttons are here on your toolbar

upload_2015-4-3_6-56-0.png

In HMTL this reply looks like this

upload_2015-4-3_6-56-53.png

hope that helps... and at some point I WILL get caught up. I am slowly slowly working my way through but the faster moving ones take me longer as I like to sit down and REALLY get caught up and reply, right!

(and I'd tag Magdalene except for someone who is rather tech savvy I don't know how to do that)

Just put an @ in front of my username!! I think it is exactly the same as in Twitter - not that I am on Twitter. I am not even on Facebook. :goodvibes

That will take some serious digesting..... And a real viewing on a bigger screen. Thanks, Ladies!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter