• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

First of all, if you are just joining in, Congratulations! Now is a very good time!

What? You mean I've been wasting my time all this time?

If you have managed to stick it out, you have NO idea how valuable you are to me and my sanity in this Journey.

That's the first time anyone's said I've helped their sanity!

keep your shorts on

Can't you haven't sent those purple ones yet.

I should mention that I actually am going on a date tomorrow night. My beau and I will have been married for 26 years tomorrow. That's rather impressive, if I do say so myself.

Congratulations!
And yes. It is rather impressive.

Ok, the mushy part is over.

What? That's it? 26 years and boom! Done!

(Well, first a little more back story, because obviously I like to see myself talk.)

You and I have something in common.

I am adoring School, like a ton, but it's hard. Really, REALLY hard.

But then it wouldn't be as satisfying when it's complete if it wasn't.

I'm doing fairly well

Now you're just being modest.

Same goes for folding laundry.

What is this "folding laundry" that you speak of?

Our family of at least 3, possibly 4, at first will be headed out on October 10, 2016.

Ta dah!

I wanted to be extra sure to get BOTH F&W and MNSSHP.

Good plan.

Of course the Teacups always makes me happy too; I just wouldn't want to do those in the wrong order. Then no one would be happy.

:laughin:

Oh, and ETA: One last thing... has anyone seen this? Does anyone know more about it than what is here in this article?? I hope this is open by my trip!! It looks very intriguing indeed!

First I've heard of it.

This is also animation. See the expert technique. Pretty sure I chose the wrong profession.

So.... Nursing is going out the window, then?

What is the A word shown in this photo, which is one of my very favorites from my trip in 2010?

Alcohol.

Thank you for every comment, for every shout of encouragement, for each and every potty humor joke, meme, wise crack and insult, they have saved me from meltdowns more than you'll ever know.

I'm sure I fall in there somewhere........... :rolleyes1

Now before I get to the date I suppose you assumed this update was about, (yes, you were all right, I am going to reveal the all-important trip dates to you shortly; keep your shorts on),

Aww man, take all the fun out of it.......... :blush:

I should mention that I actually am going on a date tomorrow night. My beau and I will have been married for 26 years tomorrow.

:cheer2: Congrats on the Anniversary, date night...........and finally some free time to go out to dinner!!! :thumbsup2

What manner of water under the bridge. Hmmm.... that doesn't sound exactly right. What a wild ride it's been.

Now you're just bragging.......... :eek:

Ok, the mushy part is over.

Whew! But somehow, I'm guessing NO! :goodvibes

Anywho, it's a trip to celebrate a crapton of hard work done!

That's a lot of emptied bedpans right there!!! :laughing:

Our family of at least 3, possibly 4, at first will be headed out on October 10, 2016. At some yet-undetermined date, most likely the 17th, Mike will be joining us. He'll do a few of the last park days, then the "kids" will head home, and we'll journey on to the Keys to finish up our vacation Beachy Keen and be home on the 24rd.

Twenty FORDS??? :confused: I figured you would fly..........that's a crapton of driving right there............. :scratchin

So, for those of you who have already said they'd like to meet up with us at some point during our little soire, mark your calendars: October 11-17th!

Calendar marked..........now hoping nothing additional needs to get marked around that same time........:worried:

Let me conclude by inviting anyone who would like to come and make a toast to a brand new Nurse on any of those days!! The invitation stands and I've already been thinking about group hangouts. Yeehaw Bob Conga Lines come to mind.

Oh, I can't be participating in reverie and silliness that might lead to embarrassing pictures........... :crazy:

I have mentioned what is shown here at least once in a heartfelt update. What is the A word shown in this photo, which is one of my very favorites from my trip in 2010?

Well isn't it obvious.........alcohol!!! :drinking1

Do I know you or what???? :teeth:

What? You mean I've been wasting my time all this time?

I'll let you be the judge of that. ;)

That's the first time anyone's said I've helped their sanity!

So you specialize in other ways of helping?

Can't you haven't sent those purple ones yet.

Still hunting...

Congratulations!
And yes. It is rather impressive.

If you only knew...

What? That's it? 26 years and boom! Done!

Well, he did take me to a nice dinner...

You and I have something in common.

Oh probably more than onething.

But then it wouldn't be as satisfying when it's complete if it wasn't.

Nope, I guess it wouldn't!

Now you're just being modest.

Awww, shucks. :blush:

What is this "folding laundry" that you speak of?

A rare and exotic display of suck-up immediately prior to, "Mom, can you take me and some friend rollerskating?"

So.... Nursing is going out the window, then?

But my mad art skilz are so darned good! :lmao:

Close, but a cop out.

Congrats on having actual trip dates!! That is so exciting!!! With actual dates....you know what that means...actual planning!! So cool!! I can't imagine how hard being in all that school must be...but with a Disney trip to look forward to....that will help so much with the hard stuff. I can't predict that far out...I WISH I could join in the celebrating...more than likely it will have to be vicariously but you are an amazing story teller so that's good too!!

Sounds wonderful! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

Thank you, Andy! It was a nice, relaxing dinner out. Made more so, by the inattentive and increasingly annoying absent waitstaff. They got a less than lackluster tip to mirror the service.

Yeah, but nobody likes to fold laundry. I prefer to just wash clothes as needed and put them on straight out of the dryer. Somebody needs to invent a clothes folding machine to go next to the washer and dryer. I almost wouldn't mind doing laundry.

Get right on that! I'd bankroll that for sure!

2 things I'd certainly like to experience sometime.

I imagine you'll get there for those at some point. But I'd do it before you have those kids much past 5th grade. Then it gets harder to take them out of school for a much more valuable (IMHO) experience with family.

And Disney food can put a heck of a dent in a budget. :rolleyes1

True enough! I'm just now starting that whole "look-at-menus, see-what-the-damages-will-be" routine. It can hurt.

This is the first I've seen/heard of it. Looks interesting though.

Been doing more research. I can officially say this is going to be ONE HOT place!! I am super stoked about it! Some are billing it as the "new Adventurer's Club".

I wasn't around for that TR so I have no idea. But seeing that you're holding a glass it must be a drink that starts with an "A" so I guess I'll go with Amaretto.

Nope. Not Amaretto, but a very nice choice of drink nonetheless!

The Prizes go to Glenn and Kathy!!! (@glennbo123 & @KatMark )

:dancer::banana::dancer::banana::dancer:

:cheer2::cheer2:A montage of dancing ridiculousness! But even better a good sound showing for REAL contests coming up... at some point. GO YOU!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Yes, that was my Apricot Sour, in honor of my beautiful Grandma in Heaven. I am pondering which adult beverage will be my "special, dedicated" imbibing. Haven't come to any conclusion yet, because so, SO much more goes into it than just choosing a drink. It has to be done in the right place, at the right time. ::yes::::yes::

Happy Anniversary...congrats on 26 years.

I'm glad you finally revealed your dates. I can't make any promises...but we will try to pop over for a day or two. Our official move date if nothing changes is September 16 2016.

I don't know why...but I have an Apricot Stone Sour stuck in my head for some reason. :confused3

Thank you, Kathy!!

I would SO love that if it could work out! I"ve been talking with Marv and Pat some too, and God willing it will work out for them to come too- depending on Pat's conference schedule. :) Haven't seen Rosie in forever, but she'd said she's planning on it too! YAY!!!!

You were close enough that I gave it to you! Good job!!!

Just stopping in to say hi, and that I'm loving this report.

I'm also in nursing school, if you ever wanna talk about our misery and struggles together ;) Lol. Set to graduate with my BSN in May 2016! Hope all is well for you. Just got back from a trip last night, and now I have a million and one things to do for school. Wishing you the best!

I'm SO sorry it took me a little bit to welcome you!! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

I've been SO busy since school got out! Trying to pick up the pieces of a house that I had to let go during the year, trying to review for my NCLEX-PN exam, a gazillion appointments that I've let myself procrastinate on for WAY too long, and just relazing. So, I totally know you get it, and yes, we should totally rant and whine together! PM me whenever you want; I GET IT!!

My local Comm. College doesn't offer a BSN, only an ASN. The closest ones that offer the BSN are too far to commute to with middle school and high school "kids" at home. I will bridge to the BSN when I am hired at the local hospital as you have to sign a contract saying you will do so within 2 years. It won't take me long because I already have most of my gen ed. with my 1st degree in Elem. Ed.

Totally get the "million and one things to do". I have about 10 deadlines over the summer from mandatory vaccinations, and TB tests to paperwork, background checks and drug screenings. OY!!! Hope you will post and comment often, New Friend!!

Without going back to re-read, I'm going to guess Apricot Sour.

Ding, ding, ding!!!

I'm sure I fall in there somewhere........... :rolleyes1

It's a spectrum, isn't it? :lmao:

Aww man, take all the fun out of it.......... :blush:

Excuse me. I AM the fun of it. :thumbsup2

:cheer2: Congrats on the Anniversary, date night...........and finally some free time to go out to dinner!!! :thumbsup2

:dancer:

Now you're just bragging.......... :eek:

Who me?!

Whew! But somehow, I'm guessing NO! :goodvibes

Well, yes, then you DO know me pretty well.

That's a lot of emptied bedpans right there!!! :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Twenty FORDS??? :confused: I figured you would fly..........that's a crapton of driving right there............. :scratchin

Fords don't drive. "Found on Road Dead"

Calendar marked..........now hoping nothing additional needs to get marked around that same time........:worried:

Fingers crossed!!!!!

Oh, I can't be participating in reverie and silliness that might lead to embarrassing pictures........... :crazy:

NO! We can't have ANY of that!! By no means! :lmao:

Well isn't it obvious.........alcohol!!! :drinking1

Do I know you or what???? :teeth:

Not as well as you think you do! Close, but oh so far... :rotfl2:

Congrats on having actual trip dates!! That is so exciting!!! With actual dates....you know what that means...actual planning!! So cool!! I can't imagine how hard being in all that school must be...but with a Disney trip to look forward to....that will help so much with the hard stuff. I can't predict that far out...I WISH I could join in the celebrating...more than likely it will have to be vicariously but you are an amazing story teller so that's good too!!

YES!! I can finally really start planning! I'm getting less and less "bah-humbug" from the Hater, which is good. I just need to really start researching park times and hash out some park days and go from there. I can't even think about ADRs and eats until that happens. The resort decision will have to wait until after the summer when I know how much money I've pulled in.

Yes, this trip actually does present itself as a kind of carrot on a stick, and gives me that last little bit of incentive to work hard and keep plugging away. I wish you could join us too; lots of fun in the planning!!

Way late but YAY for the Apricot sour. Excited about the dates and yes I do need to see if I can find out 2016 conference dates before the Oct 2015 conference. Since it usually goes Mon- Thurs or Tue to Friday at least that weekend is good. Now to get the time off of work- More than a week at a time is always interesting to negotiate.

So glad you are getting some downtime to try and relax. BRING ON THE PLANNING!!!!!!

Way late but YAY for the Apricot sour. Excited about the dates and yes I do need to see if I can find out 2016 conference dates before the Oct 2015 conference. Since it usually goes Mon- Thurs or Tue to Friday at least that weekend is good. Now to get the time off of work- More than a week at a time is always interesting to negotiate.

So glad you are getting some downtime to try and relax. BRING ON THE PLANNING!!!!!!

I was hoping you and Marv would talk about the possibilities this weekend! :) I had heard about the PS Conf. you're headed to earlier today; you'll be right by my old hood! WOOT! Enjoy every minute!

I will have to mention my vacay plans in my interviewing next Fall as part of my negotiations. And hubby will have to put in for it in the next few months as well. I know that is SOOOOO far ahead, but in planning around work, it sometimes is necessary.

YES, Friends.... Steppe has begun the planning!! I love my little playground here.

LOL! No, but if I mention that this was in the Brown Derby, and I went there for a specific reason, maybe that will jog your memory.

That wouldn't have worked... wait! Apricot Sour!
Seriously, I took notes of my own darned vacation, it's not likely that I'll remember anything else... ever.

They surprisingly look pretty darned authentic! See:

I'll pass on the poop. Thanks anyway.

I'll let you be the judge of that. ;)

Not a good idea.

So you specialize in other ways of helping?

"Helping". Sure. Let's call it that.

Well, he did take me to a nice dinner...

And you can't expect any more so you're done with him. Gotcha.

A rare and exotic display of suck-up immediately prior to, "Mom, can you take me and some friend rollerskating?"

That is rare. My kids are more like... Where's my blouse? I need it and you have to take me and some friend rollerskating. And pick me up at midnight even though you've been up since 5am.

But my mad art skilz are so darned good! :lmao:

::yes::

Close, but a cop out.

Apricot Sour!!

Excuse me. I AM the fun of it. :thumbsup2

Okay, I'll give you a chance to alter your answer. I was referring to the final part of what I quoted...........that we had to keep our shorts on! :rolleyes1

Not as well as you think you do! Close, but oh so far... :rotfl2:

That wasn't an attempt to guess the drink. I just know you well enough that if you're holding a glass up, some TYPE of adult beverage is involved....... :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter