The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Ok Happy Friends, tomorrow is it. The most dreaded of all the days in a Term- SIM. Where all you have to assess is a plastic talking body that can scream in pain, squirt blood, and blink. Where instructors pretend to be pissed off doctors who are pretty sure you're a moron and some students leave the day in tears. The cases all look very involved and scary with really awful potential problems (that I'm pretty sure will be our worse nightmares.) A kid with an accidental poisoning, a 55 yr old 1 day post-op from a diabetic foot ulcer debridement, a heart attack that I'm pretty sure will re-infarct on my shift. Yay me.

Yes, it will be very instructional and, no, we can't really kill anyone for reals, but I don't like being in a fishbowl.

I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow. :) Nighty-nights.

Where all you have to assess is a plastic talking body that can scream in pain, squirt blood, and blink.

Yes, but can it dance the merengue?

Where instructors pretend to be pissed off doctors who are pretty sure you're a moron and some students leave the day in tears.

Sounds like fun!

Well.. if you're the instructor, maybe.

The cases all look very involved and scary with really awful potential problems (that I'm pretty sure will be our worse nightmares.) A kid with an accidental poisoning, a 55 yr old 1 day post-op from a diabetic foot ulcer debridement, a heart attack that I'm pretty sure will re-infarct on my shift. Yay me.

Yes, it will be very instructional and, no, we can't really kill anyone for reals, but I don't like being in a fishbowl.

You'll do great. I already know this. And I'm psychotic.

psychic

psychotic

I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow. :) Nighty-nights.

Night, Liesa.

I forgot to add: on a wonderfully decadent note, I indulged in a $20 massage at our School's Maasage Therapy Dept. It's a scream in' deal for us poor college students. Lol! Hopefully she squeezed all the stress out.

Nice! Now.... get to bed this instant young lady! Lights out in two minutes. And I mean it! Don't make me come over there!

Unless you want to read my update first... then okay.
But right after that!

I forgot to add: on a wonderfully decadent note, I indulged in a $20 massage at our School's Maasage Therapy Dept. It's a scream in' deal for us poor college students. Lol! Hopefully she squeezed all the stress out.

That IS an awesome deal! Oh the good 'ol days of massage therapy internship.....:laughing:

Good luck with your SIM day tomorrow!!

I HAVE to get a massage this week. I think I'm one wrong move away from a total lock up. Work has been crazy stressful and I've been feeling very tense. I did find out that I'll be moving to another department that will hopefully fall more in line with my interests. There are definite challenges with the new move but I think overall it will be good.

This SIM Day went faaaaaaaar better than last year's! Anticipated and responded well to my patient's needs. So relieved that is over and I can move onto the rest of this term!! Woot!

WOOT WOOT! CELEBRATE!
In honor of Mardi Gras, Laissez les bon temp rouler!

This SIM Day went faaaaaaaar better than last year's! Anticipated and responded well to my patients' needs. So relieved that is over and I can move onto the rest of this term!! Woot!

So glad to hear this! Your post about the massage made me realize I haven't had one since early December on my cruise and I am way overdue! Me and my cleaning gal, Darcy are going for a spa day on her birthday in mid march, but I need one before that.

I'm hopelessly behind here and on pretty much every single thread I follow. My apologies. It's just that way right now. I really should be studying, but need a break for a few minutes.

Even though I'm not a citizen of your country.... I'll take the 5th.

The 2nd is much more fun.

Good luck with the SIM Lab. Take a deep breath. Imagine them all as Mickey... in nothing but underwear.

I imagined them all dead. Thankfully, not one coded or died.

Actually his "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow" was supposed to be an actual working city. I'll try to find a link to a TR I did on a D23 event where they talked about it in great detail. When Walt died no one had any idea what Epcot was supposed to be about, but it wasn't supposed to be a theme park.

That would have been quite an event! I knew it was supposed to be an actual, operational living community. I'm kinda glad it turned out otherwise.

OK. That makes sense. Now I remember when I didn't have vacations for six years. We had stressful times and that was my first 10 day trip in 2007. I'm pretty sure I could have stayed longer under those circumstances.

Mhm. It'll take a while to melt away the piling up stress of the last several years.

I realized after reading my quoted post I said March 16 when I meant October 16. The March Concert is on the 6th, Fall concert falls right at the tail end of your trip. We pretty much plan our trips so that we don't miss the concerts.

I knew whatcha meant. :) Hopefully, your travel will work out nicely, and we can still sneak in a teensy visit on the 19th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter