The 8 Magical Days of Pre-Christmas - PTR

:)Sounds like a great plan, you guys are going to be worn out after that trip

Your plans are all coming together Rob.

Make sure you save room for me in your suitcase this time - you forgot last year :rotfl: You never know you might get me onto one of those coasters :scared1:

Looking forward to seeing all your pics and hearing all about it - oh and browsing those menus with you beforehand

:)Sounds like a great plan, you guys are going to be worn out after that trip

If I'm still alive by the time I reach Monday then I should be fine - I struggle with the jet lag somewhat, so as long as I can adjust to that ok then I should be fine. I have to admit though, that's the very reason I picked sea world for saturday over Magic Mountain (those two had to be at the weekend) as I figured Sea World should be an "easier" day :thumbsup2

Just seen this Rob - sounds like a great trip! Were planning on going to DLR once the Little Mermaid ride has opened (my favourite film :lovestruc) :thumbsup2

Just a quick update...

Some quick maths tells me that I'm now safely across the 60 day point until I leave and once we reach Sunday, I will officially be able to say that I'm going "next month".

I've still not sat down and thought about my meals so I'll probably try and do that soon so I can make sure I've got everything organised that I want.

Unfortunately, it's not all good and rosy any more though - British Airways staff are due to vote on whether to strike or not, so there's a good chance that the strike could fall somewhere around when I'm meant to be flying :scared1:

Unfortunately, I've not got round to sorting out my insurance yet :-)headache: :rolleyes1) so now that the news is public I suspect I'll struggle to be covered should a strike happen. Luckily, I've booked everything on credit card, which means that I should be covered for at least the flights if it all goes very wrong...

So - as you can imagine, I'm keeping quite a close eye on the news at the moment to see what happens and at the same time, keeping everything crossed that either there is no strike or that it doesn't fall on my dates - pleeeeeeeeeeeease :worship:

I've just got off the phone to Disney Dining which can only mean one thing - I've booked all my meals :woohoo:

I did fairly well - I got all the restaurants I wanted and only one of them was not available at the time I wanted (so I had to shift it later by 20 minutes which is no big problem).

So - the restaurants I've booked are:

11th December - Jazz Kitchen @ 7:30pm

12th December - Goofy's kitchen @ 9pm

13th December - not sure here as not sure what day I return from magic mountain but hopefully rainforest cafe if I can get in

14th December - Minnie & Friends @ 9am, then Steakhouse 55 @ 7pm

15th December - no idea as I'm out at Universal and not back until late

16th December - I'm at Knott's this day so I'm hoping to head round to PF Changs after as I loved the one I had at PF Changs in Las Vegas

17th December - Napa Rose @ 6:30pm

18th December - Goofy's kitchen @ 7am and then Storyteller's @ 6pm

19th December - Blue Bayou @ 12:20pm

I'm quite surprised I managed to get all the places I wanted, as I was expecting to struggle, if only for times as it's near christmas and also a month after they started taking bookings for my dates.

However - I'm not looking forward to what look (to me anyway) to be some very nice restaurants ;)

Your plans sound great, sounds like a tiring week but hey you can rest when you get home right ;)
Hope you enjoy Magic mountain & Knotts, im a coaster freak but didn't visit either on my trip in september as my finace hates them so would have been a boring day for him

Your plans sound great, sounds like a tiring week but hey you can rest when you get home right ;)
Hope you enjoy Magic mountain & Knotts, im a coaster freak but didn't visit either on my trip in september as my finace hates them so would have been a boring day for him

Thanks - I think I may end up being quite tired, but then again I've got the 10 hour flight back to London, plus the whole of Sunday afternoon and night to get back to normal.

Plus - it's only a 4 day work week when I go back anyway because it's Christmas on the Friday :yay:

Thanks - I think I may end up being quite tired, but then again I've got the 10 hour flight back to London, plus the whole of Sunday afternoon and night to get back to normal.

Plus - it's only a 4 day work week when I go back anyway because it's Christmas on the Friday :yay:

it took me over a week to get over the jetlag flying back to London from LA, so hope it's not that bad for you. I bet Disneyland is going to look so nice with the christmas decorations :love:

I went to Magic Mountain with my DH a couple of years ago. Make sure you ride Tatsu first. It gets the longest line - but it is totally worth it. It's a great coaster. :thumbsup2

I went to Magic Mountain with my DH a couple of years ago. Make sure you ride Tatsu first. It gets the longest line - but it is totally worth it. It's a great coaster. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice - that one was always going to be high on my list as we've only got one flying coaster here and it's a pretty tame one to be honest.

I'm really looking forward to riding X, so I really hope it's open... I did notice that Riddler's Revenge is down for a rehab when I go which is a shame, but at the same time I'm just glad it's not something better.

Hey ukstitch,
very intresting thread you have create dude.nice posting.i like your 8day of christmas.it is new for me.

Thanks.

:dance3:

Almost SDD time Rob. Im starting to get jealous - have you found room in that suitcase for me yet

Almost SDD time Rob. Im starting to get jealous - have you found room in that suitcase for me yet

Correct.

In fact - it's today :banana:

:yay:
:yay::yay:
:yay::yay::yay:
:yay::yay::yay::yay:
:yay::yay::yay:
:yay::yay:
:yay:

As for finding space for you - I don't think I'm going to have space this year, but I realised the other day that it's only about $80 to upgrade to an annual pass and I reckon I'll probably come fairly close to that in food and shopping discounts (where applicable).

So - if I've got an annual pass, then I'd better use it. Which means I'll have to go back, so maybe next year :rolleyes1

Also - I've managed to book an exit for seat for my outbound flight, which means I should have a nice comfortable flight with nobody squeezing past me and plenty of leg room :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter