The 75% All New Trip! - All done! Bonus Material finished, Link to new TR!

Both meals at Remy looked amazing, but they reinforced that I would struggle to find something to eat there. Having said that, I loved the look of the fried tomato soup, the beef and the dessert.

I see that Alison commented on this mentioning our experience, so I thought I add a little. Yes, Michael is a bit difficult with the type of ingredients he would eat (nothing from the sea, no meat on the bone, no "fancy" meat). However, he did get pheasant as one course and really liked it. If I remember correctly, it was kind of like a chicken salad. They definitely worked with him! Besides the set menus there is a a la carte menu as well and they encouraged him to order the same amount of courses that I had in my set menu. I have also heard of people going there a few days earlier in the cruise and discuss the menu with them. The vibe I got was that they love showing off their wonderful food and understand that people have different comfort levels. They definitely encouraged us to think a little out of the box, but I did not find it pushy at all. Our server got me to order the scallop which I usually don't eat and I loved it! The thing Michael and I took back from the meal was that if you have someone of that caliber preparing your meal, they can make things tasty that you usually don't like. At least for us it worked that way!

I see that Alison commented on this mentioning our experience, so I thought I add a little. Yes, Michael is a bit difficult with the type of ingredients he would eat (nothing from the sea, no meat on the bone, no "fancy" meat). However, he did get pheasant as one course and really liked it. If I remember correctly, it was kind of like a chicken salad. They definitely worked with him! Besides the set menus there is a a la carte menu as well and they encouraged him to order the same amount of courses that I had in my set menu. I have also heard of people going there a few days earlier in the cruise and discuss the menu with them. The vibe I got was that they love showing off their wonderful food and understand that people have different comfort levels. They definitely encouraged us to think a little out of the box, but I did not find it pushy at all. Our server got me to order the scallop which I usually don't eat and I loved it! The thing Michael and I took back from the meal was that if you have someone of that caliber preparing your meal, they can make things tasty that you usually don't like. At least for us it worked that way!

Thanks.

Corinna

From all of your pictures, there does seem to be a lot to do instead of playing in the ocean, beach, etc. which is good to know if I even go on a DCL.

Just like on the DCL, there is a lot to do from the outdoor activities which is nice to have on the ship like the basketball court. I have been so busy with basketball lately that i haven't been on the boards lately. The food at Remy's look amazing. The dishes are like works of art. Great updates.

Picture me standing with my head hanging in shame.

:flower3:

Those are very good reasons.

I thought so!

From all of your pictures, there does seem to be a lot to do instead of playing in the ocean, beach, etc. which is good to know if I even go on a DCL.

There is a ton of stuff to do. I know there is some sort of tower on the island. @Pinkocto and her Mom walked to it on their first trip to CC. The bikes could be fun if you ride. There is also a 5K that they run in the mornings there.

Just like on the DCL, there is a lot to do from the outdoor activities which is nice to have on the ship like the basketball court. I have been so busy with basketball lately that i haven't been on the boards lately. The food at Remy's look amazing. The dishes are like works of art. Great updates.

All the ships have a basketball court, and plenty of other sports activities that I probably don't know about.

The dishes at Remy are works of art, and delicious too!

Our next activity of the afternoon was a Mixology class that I had arranged for our DIS cruise meet group. It took place in Skyline, can you figure out which bar I liked best and visited no less than three times this cruise?

What was nice about this session was that there were just enough people to fill all the seats in the bar, but we could still hear the bartender.

They had all the glasses set up on the bar waiting for drinks to be poured but this time we were actually going to be making the drinks.

He called up volunteers to make the first drinks, and I was quick to volunteer! Sorry about the blurry pic.

I got a full size drink out of it!

So then he chose the people on the far side of the room from Fran and myself to start making the drinks. The 1st drink had Malibu rum, midori, pineapple, and whipped cream. I forget what he said it was called.

It was good! I think there were extras and they gave those away to anyone who wanted one.

The second group made a chocolate martini with Bailey's, vanilla vodka, vanilla Godiva, and chocolate Godiva. Of course that one was good too! I think I took some extra of that one as well.

I think by the 3rd drink, I was starting to feel a tad bit queasy and I don’t have any notes on what was in that one.

I made the 4th drink which was the Captains Mai Tai, 2 oz captain jacks, 1 oz Amaretto, pineapple juice, float of Meyers dark rum

I must have been getting a bit tipsy at this point because the pictures stop, but I do have notes on what we did next. He made a drink called a Cake Shot which was Frangelico and Absolute Citron. It was pretty good, but then he kicked it up a notch and made it into a Pineapple Upside down Cake shot by adding pineapple juice and amaretto! Woooo boy! That was a really tasty little drink!

We went back to the room and then we really had to finish up packing.

I went down to Guest services to check our account balance, and add a couple more gift cards to the account. I took this shot of this pretty mosaic while waiting.

They had already charged the credit card on file twice, so they reversed those charges and put it on the gift cards. We had bought them from Sam’s Club for like a 5-7% discount, so we wanted to use those instead of the credit card. The nice thing was that the charges are still showing up in my purchase eraser on the Capital One Visa, so I could use my miles to take off several hundred dollars from my card that I never actually even spent on it!

I also asked about the photopass photographers, you see on the Wonder, the last full day they aren’t out because they are evidently busy putting together the CDs for guests, but the folks at Guest Services told me that they would be out until 7PM, it turns out that they were out much later than that.

Fran got dressed for dinner and we went to the atrium.

First we took pictures on the staircase.

And then in front of the Christmas tree.

Next we got in the super long character line. Goofy was there when we started but we ended up with Pluto.

We gave all the PP folks some of the candy we had been passing out and they said that people were talking about us all over the ship for giving out candy. Good to know we were appreciated! After that we went back to the room to finish packing. I got our four large suitcases packed and left out my clothes for dinner and clothes for the next day. Then I got dressed for dinner.

And as we were going out the door I realized that I had failed to put our stateroom door decorations away. I guess I was sad that I finally had to take our decorations off the door, and so I sort of forgot about it.

So Fran went back for one last shopping trip while I took those down and set the suitcases outside the door. I met her at the Lobby bar where she had a margarita and I had a belvedere martini with a lemon twist.

Our last night dinner was at the Royal Palace.

I skipped the app and ordered a potato soup for Fran, but it seems I didn’t get a picture of that. She got the lobster and shrimp cocktail

Later she also ordered the Onion Soup, but I had that for my starter.

She had the chateaubriand for her entree

While I had the lamb chops. I only ate one, the potatoes were delicious! I even tried the Brussel sprouts and they weren't so bad.

And then you know I had to have a second one!

We came back to the room to find our final towel animal of the evening.

After that we changed out of our formal clothes and put them in the last suitcase. Our cabin steward had informed me that he didn’t take our bags until they were all out there so that they would remain together in the unloading process. Once the final bag was placed outside, I’m guessing that the bags were whisked away. We droned off to sleep with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Boy you get a lot to drink at the Mixology class! I'd like to taste all of those drinks!

Your last dinner looked delicious as usual. I love lamb. I would love to have tasted those lamb chops!

Looks like you and Fran had a fun cruise!!!!

You had good drinks at your mixology! I love chocolate martinis! I would have volunteered to drink all those extras! Dinner looked fantastic. So sad about packing and having to put your bags out. :(

Jill in CO

Your meals tonight look fantastic! Except I don't eat any seafood so i would skip all that. Is the beef like a prime rib? I don't like that, I get my meat a medium well. Did Fran get a dessert?

The mixology class looks fun and good! Was that an extra expense? That bar looks neat too. I can see why you went there so much!

Your dress is so pretty! Teal colors are my favorite!

Last edited:
It took place in Skyline, can you figure out which bar I liked best and visited no less than three times this cruise?

Nope. No clue.

:rolleyes1

He called up volunteers to make the first drinks, and I was quick to volunteer!

Because in a little while you weren't going to be quite so quick... or stable.

I got a full size drink out of it!

Woot!

It was good! I think there were extras and they gave those away to anyone who wanted one.

And you guys were one of them.

The second group made a chocolate martini with Bailey's, vanilla vodka, vanilla Godiva, and chocolate Godiva. Of course that one was good too! I think I took some extra of that one as well.

No! I never would have guessed!

:laughing:

I think by the 3rd drink, I was starting to feel a tad bit queasy

"Queasy"? Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

I must have been getting a bit tipsy at this point

Now "tipsy" I recognize.

They had already charged the credit card on file twice, so they reversed those charges and put it on the gift cards. We had bought them from Sam’s Club for like a 5-7% discount, so we wanted to use those instead of the credit card.

Not a bad deal.

The nice thing was that the charges are still showing up in my purchase eraser on the Capital One Visa, so I could use my miles to take off several hundred dollars from my card that I never actually even spent on it!

how does that work?

Cute pic of you guys.

Aww... Look how she's got her head on his.

We gave all the PP folks some of the candy we had been passing out and they said that people were talking about us all over the ship for giving out candy.

:goodvibes

Other than the fish extender, are all those magnets? Are any of the door decorations not yours?

Later she also ordered the Onion Soup, but I had that for my starter.

Love French onion soup.

She had the chateaubriand for her entree

mmmm.... wow that looks good.

I even tried the Brussel sprouts and they weren't so bad.

blech!!! Nope. nope. nope.

\

Wow. That looks amazing.

::yes::

Our cabin steward had informed me that he didn’t take our bags until they were all out there so that they would remain together in the unloading process.

Huh. Not bad. Not bad at all.

That is neat you got the mixology class in the fabulous skyline bar! Well great drink to kick matters off. Malibu is divine. I need to have three of those. I would then be in the ships rig. Waiting for that dog on the pirates ride to bring me the key...

I love the creative names of these drinks! Pineapple upside down cake shot. Sounds so inviting!

That really is a lovely mosaic. I often have admired the detail of The Dream. The carpets are something else too. the way they change as you move through the ship.

That is a pretty dress with the pasley type pattern. Fran's leather waistcoat is very neat. I do love waistcoats.

Hello Pluto! Really nice photos. No matter how many. Cruises we do we still end up looking at each other just leaving the ship and say 'our last evening photos! ' I wonder how many folks do this..

Last night at Royal Palace that was nice catch. I bump AP for 2 of those any day! Last chance Alison to accidently let that Cinderella bread basket fall in your purse...

Dinner looks top notch. Well French. How could it not! Well once my chicken was a little over. Oh my goodness I mentioned it to the server and I think I set off code red in the kitchen. 3 chefs came to inspect. It is they cried...it is a little dry.. I thought they might throw themselves overboard.. It was instantly recooked for me to perfection. A fresh piece presented and lots of sides, apologising..... Heads hung in French shame..

Time to pack boo hoo. Nice towel animal tonight. I have to ask the host NO MONKEY as hate monkeys lol. This is extra special now as they stopped doing it in the resorts. A cruise treat only!

So that means some pretty rapid fire updating. So hang on to your hats folks, it may get pretty crazy around here!

Uh oh. That means I'm going to fall way behind again.

Hey, look! I did!

Café du Monde – because beignets!

::yes:: No further justification is required.

Anyone have any thoughts, experiences, suggestions? Inbetween feedings we plan on sightseeing at various locations, fancy mansion yards in the Garden district, Audobon park, maybe the Voodoo museum. I’m still working on what there is to do there besides eat!

Sorry, I haven't researched that part of the country yet. But I look forward to stealing your ideas later!:rotfl:

I couldn’t believe that they had a water menu! @Captain_Oblivious I KNOW this place will not be getting a Homer award from you, but stay tuned, you will like the second half of the trip.

A water menu? Seriously? You know those all come from the tap in the back of the kitchen.:lmao:

I have heard of this Amuse Bouche, it was a deep fried bite of tomato soup.

Deep-fried? I'm with you so far.

The bread and butter service was really good!

Bread and butter. Yeah, I can dig it.

Because it is hanging in my living room waiting for me to find time to take it to the dry cleaner.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

it had foie gras

There it is. I'm out.

The little white pillows may have been some kind of cream or goat cheese but they were amazing when eaten with a bite of citrus section, the poached celery, and scallop.

Poached celery? Can we go back to the deep-fried stuff?

Then with lobster juice on top.

Lobster juice?? Seriously? Does that sound completely unappetizing to anybody else?

This was tender and had just enough fat to make it unxious.

If you have to break out SAT words to describe it, I'm in the wrong place.

Wagyu beef hand massaged (left)

Here I'm picturing a cow saying, "Oh yeah...that's the spot. Dig in a little harder..."

but she shared with me the chocolatey cookie type part of her dessert.

Hey, chocolate cookies! I knew I could find something I'd like.

We found what we thought was a good location, but a CM came over to us and said we wouldn’t see anything from where we were and suggested that we go to the handicapped area for the fireworks. OK. Cool.

Always good to have good CM service.

DSCN7483.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: This photo just cracks me up for some reason.

There’s the Mini Golf Course.

I like how they have the path you're supposed to follow drawn on the course, as if I could ever hit what I was aiming at.

I’d seen this in seminars on the Dream and Fantasy, but this is one of the imagineers jokes related to the Aqua Duck (which I never did get on during this cruise.)

Cute. I love it.

So now we each had 48 games instead of 24 and it only cost $80 now. :faint:

Wow. That is a mess of bingo cards.

Our last course was a spicy chocolate soup that was paired with Moet Ice.

Spicy chocolate? Is that supposed to happen?

They joked about adding Parmesan Cheese, but it was really white chocolate.

Hey, in these froo-froo places, I could never be too sure if that was a joke or not.

It took place in Skyline, can you figure out which bar I liked best and visited no less than three times this cruise?

Um...the bingo one?:confused3

I guess I was sad that I finally had to take our decorations off the door, and so I sort of forgot about it.

That's understandable. You suffer from DDP as well (Disney Departure Procrastination).

Our last night dinner was at the Royal Palace.

That doesn't look very appetizing.

The drinks at mixology looked lovely. I particularly like the look of the first one. I love Midori and the cream looks like it may add something to it.

How nice that the photographers were out until quite late. I love the photos you ended up with. Dinner looked lovely.

Corinna

Boy you get a lot to drink at the Mixology class! I'd like to taste all of those drinks!

They were all really good drinks! I love doing Mixology on the ship, you get to taste so many unique drinks!

Your last dinner looked delicious as usual. I love lamb. I would love to have tasted those lamb chops!

I love lamb too! I can't wait to go to Palo and have some of their lamb. It is out of this world!

Looks like you and Fran had a fun cruise!!!!

All in all, it was a good cruise, just too short!

You had good drinks at your mixology! I love chocolate martinis! I would have volunteered to drink all those extras!

They were really good! I love my chocolate martinis too!

Dinner looked fantastic. So sad about packing and having to put your bags out. :(

At least I was putting them out to go to WDW and not home!

Your meals tonight look fantastic! Except I don't eat any seafood so i would skip all that. Is the beef like a prime rib? I don't like that, I get my meat a medium well. Did Fran get a dessert?

The beef was like a filet mignon. I think Fran didn’t get dessert.

The mixology class looks fun and good! Was that an extra expense? That bar looks neat too. I can see why you went there so much!

It was either $15 or $20pp extra. Any alcohol is extra.

Your dress is so pretty! Teal colors are my favorite!

Thanks. We're you the one on pkondz TR who got the Dalek dress?

Last edited:
Not a bad morning at all. I enjoyed your photo tour of the ship. I'm glad that you were able to do that and see things while most of the ship was clearly still sleeping.

Your brunch looks like it was a good time as well. I don't tend to call chicken incredible either. Maybe the sauce on it can be incredible. But I'm glad that this dish exceeded expectations. Your souvenirs look very nice as well!

And the finish to your day looks pretty good too... or at least as good as the last evening can be.

Your mixology class, as always, looks like a lot of fun. Looks like you got to try several drinks that look very good.

It always stinks packing up to leave. I don't blame you for wanting to forget to do some of it. It's hard to not block less pleasant things from our minds.

Your dinner looks very good and I'm glad to see you were able to double up on your dessert again!

Oh, that Mixology class would get me into so much trouble. I'm a big fan of froo froo drinks so they all look amazing to me.

Boo for having to pack up :( Especially when you've had such a wonderful trip.

I'm not sure who could get through one of those mixology classes and not get 'happy' They are so much fun!

Packing is no fun but at least you have some WDW to follow :)

Because in a little while you weren't going to be quite so quick... or stable.

Now why would you say that? :confused3

And you guys were one of them.

No! I never would have guessed!

:laughing:

I can't imagine why.

"Queasy"? Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

Now "tipsy" I recognize.

Tipsy usually leads to queasy, in this instance it was the other way around.

how does that work?

Well, I don't know why they didn't take the purchases out of the "purchase eraser" when the charges were reversed, but with your Capital one credit card, it identifies certain purchases as "Travel". Then you can go online, click on "Redeem Miles" and for every 100 miles you can erase a $1 charge. They key is that you need to have enough miles for the total purchase. So when I paid for the Mississippi River Cruise, I paid six increments of $200. Each time I rack up 20,000 miles on that card, I go in and erase one of those charges and they credit my card for $200. You have three months to do it.

Cute pic of you guys.

Thanks, if we ever send out Christmas cards that would be a good one for them.

Aww... Look how she's got her head on his.

:cloud9:

Other than the fish extender, are all those magnets? Are any of the door decorations not yours?

No everything on the door is mine, either I made it or it was given to me on a cruise. I save them from cruise to cruise. Well not the holiday ones, those have a limited use time. But my door was nothing compared to a lot of people's.

Love French onion soup.

cheesy, gooey, goodness.

mmmm.... wow that looks good.

I'm pretty sure it was.

blech!!! Nope. nope. nope.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Wow. That looks amazing.

I could go for one of those about now. I need to find a place locally that makes them.

Huh. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I love the creative names of these drinks! Pineapple upside down cake shot. Sounds so inviting!

And very tasty!

That really is a lovely mosaic. I often have admired the detail of The Dream. The carpets are something else too. the way they change as you move through the ship.

I bet on the Art of the Theme Ship tour, they tell you all about them. They did on the Wonder. Carpets were matched to the area they were in.

That is a pretty dress with the pasley type pattern. Fran's leather waistcoat is very neat. I do love waistcoats.

Well thank you. Normally I don't like Paisley, but this one worked for me.

Hello Pluto! Really nice photos. No matter how many. Cruises we do we still end up looking at each other just leaving the ship and say 'our last evening photos! ' I wonder how many folks do this..

We don't say that because we never realize that it is our last photo until we figure out that we forgot to go back and get more!

Last night at Royal Palace that was nice catch. I bump AP for 2 of those any day! Last chance Alison to accidently let that Cinderella bread basket fall in your purse...

Ha! You're funny! My cruise purse is not big enough for the bread basket!

Dinner looks top notch. Well French. How could it not! Well once my chicken was a little over. Oh my goodness I mentioned it to the server and I think I set off code red in the kitchen. 3 chefs came to inspect. It is they cried...it is a little dry.. I thought they might throw themselves overboard.. It was instantly recooked for me to perfection. A fresh piece presented and lots of sides, apologising..... Heads hung in French shame..

It's great that they take their work so seriously! They really do try and make the absolute best meals that they can.

Time to pack boo hoo. Nice towel animal tonight. I have to ask the host NO MONKEY as hate monkeys lol. This is extra special now as they stopped doing it in the resorts. A cruise treat only!

What have you got against Monkeys? :confused3

Uh oh. That means I'm going to fall way behind again.

Hey, look! I did!

Well the good news is that doesn't have to be posted until the 8th of February to keep me on track, so you have a couple days before the next update gets posted. And heck I need to catch up on the shout outs!

::yes:: No further justification is required.

Fluffy little pillows of dough coated in sugar. What's not to love? :cloud9:

Sorry, I haven't researched that part of the country yet. But I look forward to stealing your ideas later!:rotfl:

I'm not sure how many of my ideas you're going to want to steal, this is going to be a heavily food based trip, but then there is the swamp tour. That should be fun!

A water menu? Seriously? You know those all come from the tap in the back of the kitchen.:lmao:

Deep-fried? I'm with you so far.

Good.

There it is. I'm out.

I knew it had to happen sometime.

Poached celery? Can we go back to the deep-fried stuff?

:snooty:

Lobster juice?? Seriously? Does that sound completely unappetizing to anybody else?

Sounds lovely to me!

If you have to break out SAT words to describe it, I'm in the wrong place.

I didn't realize that was an SAT word.

Here I'm picturing a cow saying, "Oh yeah...that's the spot. Dig in a little harder..."

Hey, chocolate cookies! I knew I could find something I'd like.

I'm glad you wouldn't starve!

Always good to have good CM service.

::yes:: And to be able to see the fireworks!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: This photo just cracks me up for some reason.

She looks like a deer in the headlights!

I like how they have the path you're supposed to follow drawn on the course, as if I could ever hit what I was aiming at.

I would have liked to have played this, looks like a fun little course.

Wow. That is a mess of bingo cards.

Just imagine if you had to punch the numbers on all the virtual cards!

Spicy chocolate? Is that supposed to happen?

It was good. I think it's all the rage now.

Hey, in these froo-froo places, I could never be too sure if that was a joke or not.

Especially when the folks telling you it's cheese are French!

That's understandable. You suffer from DDP as well (Disney Departure Procrastination).

But at least we weren't departing Disney, just changing locations.

That doesn't look very appetizing.

You don't eat the napkins silly!

Tipsy usually leads to queasy, in this instance it was the other way around.

Good to have variety.

Well, I don't know why they didn't take the purchases out of the "purchase eraser" when the charges were reversed, but with your Capital one credit card, it identifies certain purchases as "Travel". Then you can go online, click on "Redeem Miles" and for every 100 miles you can erase a $1 charge. They key is that you need to have enough miles for the total purchase. So when I paid for the Mississippi River Cruise, I paid six increments of $200. Each time I rack up 20,000 miles on that card, I go in and erase one of those charges and they credit my card for $200. You have three months to do it.

Interesting. Never heard of that before.

Thanks, if we ever send out Christmas cards that would be a good one for them.

No everything on the door is mine, either I made it or it was given to me on a cruise. I save them from cruise to cruise. Well not the holiday ones, those have a limited use time. But my door was nothing compared to a lot of people's.

Really! wow. I thought it was a ton!
But, are they all magnets? Some look like stickers.

The drinks at mixology looked lovely. I particularly like the look of the first one. I love Midori and the cream looks like it may add something to it.

That one was really good!

How nice that the photographers were out until quite late. I love the photos you ended up with. Dinner looked lovely.

When I picked up my pictures in the morning, the girl said that they stayed up all night working on them.

Not a bad morning at all. I enjoyed your photo tour of the ship. I'm glad that you were able to do that and see things while most of the ship was clearly still sleeping.

For how crowded the ship was, it was nice to be out and about when there was no one around.

Your brunch looks like it was a good time as well. I don't tend to call chicken incredible either. Maybe the sauce on it can be incredible. But I'm glad that this dish exceeded expectations. Your souvenirs look very nice as well!

It was a great Brunch and a fabulous way to spend a day at sea!

And the finish to your day looks pretty good too... or at least as good as the last evening can be.

It was pretty good, and luckily it wasn't the last night of vacation!

Your mixology class, as always, looks like a lot of fun. Looks like you got to try several drinks that look very good.

That's the best part of Mixology, getting to try such a variety of drinks!

It always stinks packing up to leave. I don't blame you for wanting to forget to do some of it. It's hard to not block less pleasant things from our minds.

I can be really good at that!

Your dinner looks very good and I'm glad to see you were able to double up on your dessert again!

It would be a crime if I could not have that second soufflé!

Oh, that Mixology class would get me into so much trouble. I'm a big fan of froo froo drinks so they all look amazing to me.

There's only been one Mixology class I've done where one of the drinks wasn't to everyone's liking, but in the end at least it sort of grew on Fran and I.

Boo for having to pack up :( Especially when you've had such a wonderful trip.

I just kept thinking of it as starting the next phase of our trip.

I'm not sure who could get through one of those mixology classes and not get 'happy' They are so much fun!

I know, the instructors know that most everyone is there to drink fairly heavily!

Packing is no fun but at least you have some WDW to follow :)

Exactly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter